Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

omg its a druid staff

:syoon:

edit: wait AND a druid axe

yes

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadaez
Dec 19, 2011
Pretty staff, wonder what the effect will be

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

The Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Economy posted:

Over the last couple of years, dungeons have been a major part of the game’s economy; between unique armor and liquid rewards, they’re often farmed. In the expansion, we’ll move away from this paradigm. As the game progressed, we shifted focus from dungeons to fractals and raids, and we firmly believe that fractals and raids are the content that we want to continue to support. As a part of that process, we’ll shift some rewards away from dungeons and into other pieces of content. While dungeons will remain cool experiences that’ll reward players with unique items, their liquid rewards will be reduced and other content will become more rewarding. The shift in rewards is a direct representation of our focus on raids and fractals and our commitment to make them the best they can be.

:raise:

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

:siren: LEGENDARY BIRD STAFF :siren:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

BIRD STAFF BIRD STAFF BIRD STAFF BIRD STAFF BIRD STAFF

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

And Daredevil just got good again.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Omg is that an electro gun?

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns-economy/

Read between the lines: Thick leather is worth a fortune now.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

malhavok posted:

Omg is that an electro gun?

I hope it's a super loud annoying electro gun.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Dorkopotamis posted:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns-economy/

Read between the lines: Thick leather is worth a fortune now.

It's already up to 14c.

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

With a bird staff we just need a lard/fat shield to cover us.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
So again, no underwater weapon love with the legendaries and they're making dungeons even more pointless because they can never actually support content that's already ingame. Cool.

Going to laugh when Cletus is right and we only ever get this single raid and it never gets any changes or updates.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

damnit i think that article says i'm gonna have to do fractals to get my legendaries now

On the plus side it also means i'll have a copious supply of pve nerds to stomp on in pvp :buddy:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i like how they're saying 'we want dungeons to be even more worthless now to reflect our lack of interest in ever touching them again'

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

whoa a page full of more really worthless gaudy poo poo, who would of seen that coming

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

rip dungeon gold, you will be missed

quote:

The Gift of the Mists is where you will find the Gift of Battle, which is purchased for Badges of Honor and a special material crafted of ascended and fractal materials; the Gift of Glory, purchased with the new tradable material Shards of Glory that only comes from Player vs. Player reward tracks; and the Gift of War, purchased with a new tradeable material, Memories of Battle, that only comes from playing World vs. World.

if you don't frac, you don't legendary. get hosed

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Well those are much better than the current axe, staff, and pistol.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i like how they're saying 'we want dungeons to be even more worthless now to reflect our lack of interest in ever touching them again'

Yeah, they're not even in denial about this anymore.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

More saliently, it's pretty clear that legendary weaponmaking is intended to be the big endgame quest for players going forward.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
worked great in ffxiv

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Yeah it looks like it will be a really solid chunk of time before we start seeing players with BIRDSTAFF and the other, lesser legendaries.

Which means more Mesmer time for me! :sparkles:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

i assume the new pistol is a serious energy weapon because of all the funhaters who couldn't deal with Quip

also if the new precursors don't drop it's basically not possible to make more than one of the same legendary now

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Galaxy Axe is Astralaria
Pew Pew Space Pistol is H.O.P.E.
And BIRDSTAFF is well - Raven Staff :haw:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

SlothBear posted:

Well those are much better than the current axe, staff, and pistol.

Yeah, they're not even in denial about this anymore.

like, are they just going to stealth remove the dungeons in a future patch and make the dungeon tokens a rare drop from events and the like in the respective zones? i wouldn't be surprised

'quick, sweep our shame underneath the rug'

'what about if we fix them'

'no, just make them disappear'

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Holy poo poo, rip dungeon bucks. Get in while you can.

In a way in going to miss it, even as tedious as it got, but it did help pay for two legendaries and a ton of dyes.

Although I do hope they keep the world boss train economy around, that's probably one of my favorite "end game" activities in an mmo.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.
Oh man that axe is loving baller

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

forkbucket posted:

Oh man that axe is loving baller

I just finished swapping my Ranger from running Longbow/Dual Axes to Longbow/Greatsword, and now I'm gonna have to go back to Axes.

Thanks Mordrobama.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Axe and staff are pretty dece, but that pistol is seriously not-Quip tier.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Kajeesus posted:

Axe and staff are pretty dece, but that pistol is seriously not-Quip tier.

Thankfully.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I'd be fine if dungeons gave less gold but more tokens since I only do them to unlock skins.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Everyone shut up and buy more gems.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Lemon King posted:

Galaxy Axe is Astralaria
Pew Pew Space Pistol is H.O.P.E.
And BIRDSTAFF is well - Raven Staff :haw:

The raven staff is called Nevermore because originality is hard.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Dorkopotamis posted:

Because this seems like the time to do it: Eurozone Danse Party (UNTZ) will be attempting the guild hall capture event three hours after reset (8 PM PST) on October 25th and again November 1st, after we fail on October 25th. Come experience the scaled down version of the event with our kind-of small guild.

For the record, Eurozone is the very PvP oriented listing/guild for Goons who are interested in entering monthly sponsored tournaments or otherwise playing competitively in queue. My frat persona is named Lanse McConnell, he is the college aged dhampir son of senator Mitch McConnell.

Message Dorkopotamis.1947 or Sentinel.7825 in game or send me a forums PM with your login to join.

With the advent of mandatory PvP, now is the PERFECT time to join Goon-sister guild, PvP focused Eurozone Danse Party. Join Chad, Torsten, Lanse and the rest of the brothers of Delta Phi in their adventures through the mists...

George Sex - REAL fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Oct 12, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I just noticed that birdstaff turns your arm all feathery :swoon:

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
That seems to be their "aura" effect for this batch. The axe turns your arm into some zodiac armor thing and the pistol changes your arm to electricity.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
I can't wait for even more gfx fx to make it even easier to see wtf is going on.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

There's barely even a reason to do dungeons anyways. The content is old as hell and done to death and for the most part people just do the fastest ones to get a quick handful of gold. Making other things more rewarding is certainly a way to encourage you to do it but they are clearly trying to discourage people from even doing dungeons, which is unnecessary because dungeons do a good enough job doing that themselves.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I just noticed that birdstaff turns your arm all feathery :swoon:

If you could dual wield staffs you would have wings!

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

lol some mastery points are locked behind adventure medals and you need all the mastery points to do up a legendary

gonna be a lot of players locked out because of badly-coded adventures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

There's barely even a reason to do dungeons anyways. The content is old as hell and done to death and for the most part people just do the fastest ones to get a quick handful of gold. Making other things more rewarding is certainly a way to encourage you to do it but they are clearly trying to discourage people from even doing dungeons, which is unnecessary because dungeons do a good enough job doing that themselves.

It's funny how anet has been gradually trying to divorce itself from these things. I get the feeling once they've totally made them irrelevant, they're just going to remove them and make the story paths solo missions.

• Locked thread