Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
What's stopping you? Live your dreams, pal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

From a Danish paper, not sure which (probably Adresseavisen of Copenhagen):

quote:

Wednesday March 4, 1767. Here lives a craftsman who chews cud. He is 20 years old; and when he has eaten, it takes 15 minutes until he gets up the food again and starts to chew it anew. It seems that the food during that time must stay in the esophagus, as he there feels something hard and a thickness. When he lays down after eating, he cannot fall asleep until he has completed his second meal by the chewing of cud. By this cud-chewing the food tastes him just as well, even better than when he first ate it. All food comes up again for him in the same order as he first ate it. What he first has eaten comes first again for the cud-chewing. This human has in all his time chewed cud; for he says himself that he never could recall when he first began. When he has done a good meal, he spends an hour and a half by chewing cud, and when it fails to appear, he is ill. He lacks nothing of his mind. His mother has nursed him herself, and his father has, by his account, occasionally chewed cud, but not so proper as the son. That humans chew cud is somewhat rare but not unheard of. It is different from the illness whereby the food rises up against the will of the human; for the proper chewing of cud is tasteful and pleasant. There is told of a Paduan tailor who at a party so chewed the food again, that his comrades said that he should pay double, as he had double gain thereof.

(If potables were of the same condition, that they could come tastefuller back, many a brandy-lover, who now sips 3 or 4 times at a glass of brandy to properly get the taste thereof, would swallow it at once so to the sooner get it again tastier. It is by the way not so uncommon to find cud-chewers.)

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 20:31 on Oct 9, 2015

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Nice heritage, Denmark

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Hell yeah :denmark: :cool:

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
Rogue cow captured: Cowboys corral 1,500 pound cow in New Hartford after months on the run

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index....cart_river_home

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That is strange. I mean gently caress me, two drummers?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Travis343 posted:

I mean gently caress me, two drummers?

Is that a command?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

It's a question. Presumably if he or we can find two drummers...

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hogge Wild posted:

D&D had a more logical currency system. Brits had 12 pence per shilling and 20 shillings per pound. The 'd' is from denarius, 's' from solidus and 'L' or '£' from libra or a Roman pound.

My mum still thinks decimalisation was a mistake, because it made the currency "less charming". :v:

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

Snapchat A Titty posted:

From a Danish paper, not sure which (probably Adresseavisen of Copenhagen):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumination_syndrome

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

That is exactly it. I was about to object because of our hero being of sound mind and wikipedia talking about cognitive disabilities, but the latter was historical so it's all good. Thank you for the link, I'll pass it on!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/2axt6UZ.webm

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

drat, I was just going to post that. I bet the guys from Puppetry of the Penis already have this talented fellow on the phone.

(bonus points as it's from The Independent, which is usually too staid for headline shenanigans)

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Carnival of Shrews posted:

drat, I was just going to post that. I bet the guys from Puppetry of the Penis already have this talented fellow on the phone.

(bonus points as it's from The Independent, which is usually too staid for headline shenanigans)
I was a little disappointed that the article was just the usual "privacy on the internet" argument when I found it. With that headline I expected something more interesting :saddowns:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

There's a joke to be made here about JB's dick being boring or contentless. :mmmhmm:

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Linda Poon for Citylab posted:

An Indian City Is Getting Inundated by Creeping Toxic Foam

Froth from polluted water is overtaking roads in Bangalore and filling the air with a noxious stench.

Strange, puffy, dense clouds are descending on the streets of Bangalore, India’s technology capital. While whimsical-looking, they are actually puffs of a toxic foam inundating the city.

Documentary photographer Debasish Ghosh has captured images of the clouds floating around the city and overrunning the roads. The foam comes from Bellandur, a 1.4-square-mile lake that for years has been polluted by chemical and sewage waste. Every time it rains, the lake rises and wind lifts the froth up and carries it into the city.

The toxic foam gets in the way of pedestrians and cars, creating awful traffic jams. It carries a stench so strong that it burns the nose. And if it comes into contact with your skin, you’ll get an itchy rash.

“It causes a nuisance,” Ghosh says.

Making matters worse, the froth is flammable. In May and June, the entire lake caught fire, leaving a 56-year-old man who was standing on a bridge above the lake with a ruptured cornea.

The froth has come every summer for more more than a decade now, but Ghosh says that this year is particularly bad. He’s been documenting the pollution since May, making sure to immediately clean his arms, hands, and face any time he gets too close.

The article is much longer and contains lots of pictures of said foam. I'm half expecting follow-ups about teenage mutant warrior crocodiles or something.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

What is wrong with that woman?

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Wheat Loaf posted:

My mum still thinks decimalisation was a mistake, because it made the currency "less charming". :v:

Very possibly the most British thing I have ever heard.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

poop dood posted:

Very possibly the most British thing I have ever heard.

Well, we live in Northern Ireland and she grew up in East Belfast, so I suppose she has to make a special effort.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Wheat Loaf posted:

Well, we live in Northern Ireland and she grew up in East Belfast, so I suppose she has to make a special effort.

Say hello to Mrs. Bucket for me

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Pretty bummed I missed out on this

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Guy calls deaf service 4,000 times — to masturbate: http://nypost.com/2015/09/26/guy-calls-deaf-service-4000-times-to-masturbate/

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't understand why they're complaining. If I understand correctly, they got federal money for every call.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Do you want to deal with some wanker 4000 times?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

pussy riot police posted:

Do you want to deal with some wanker 4000 times?

Yeah, it probably got old after the 3,800th time. :fap:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
and what if a real deaf person wanted to show his turgid member but the lines were busy

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.

drat, I would have made it if it was better advertised.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Me, just a minute ago: "Who would want to have an orgy with Cor -- OHHHHH... right."

...I'm a little slow today.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Me, just a minute ago: "Who would want to have an orgy with Cor -- OHHHHH... right."

I'm assuming your realization was 'who wouldn't want to have an orgy with Corey Feldman'.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

When I first saw it and looked to see when it was, then wondered why it said Friday when this year it's a Thursday.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

CJacobs posted:

I'm assuming your realization was 'who wouldn't want to have an orgy with Corey Feldman'.

Can someone let me in on :thejoke:?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Police called to meeting of beard fans in Sweden after passer-by confuses them with Isis terrorists

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Yup, totally ISIS, RUN. Police, choke them, taze them.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Can someone let me in on :thejoke:?

Orgy is the name of a band, one-time sorta-star Corey Feldman is not actually having an orgy. The joke is that people are pretending to wish he actually was even though that's a thing no human being would ever actually want because corey feldman is grody

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34507760

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Oh wow the dildo protest actually made it to the BBC?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

BBC means something very different than you might think it does