Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Sade posted:

I never even heard of it until this post. Looks neat. FFG LCGs are usually pretty drat good.

My buddy who buys like every loving board game and FFG product tells me it's a pretty fun game. He plays it from time to time with his sub-genius 8yr son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I'm still amazed that they made a completely new kit in order to make minor improvements to an awful looking kit rather than make something that looks really cool.

Moola posted:

I used to have little stories for my armies and stuff, now I can barely remember even liking 40k

One of the best things was when a friend and I made our own version of Kill Team long before that was even a thing. It was more like Necromunda than 40k, since I had just started a Chaos army that was just a small, weird band of Champions, so each guy got his own special rules and traits. One was a one-use-only flamer template for his horrible bad breath, most missions were a suicide mission to retrieve something or assassinate an enemy character against very long odds.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hixson posted:

*still posts daily in the 40k thread*

Moola posted:

I actually dont at all lol

Moola posted:

*posts 6 more times*

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Post 9-11 User posted:

I'm still amazed that they made a completely new kit in order to make minor improvements to an awful looking kit rather than make something that looks really cool.

I think the new Crisis suits look pretty fuckin' cool to tell you the truth. I liked the design of the old one but didn't like how static they were, and this fixes that. If I were doing Tau I'd definitely pick some up. The commander suit is pretty dope too. Aside from the open topped cockpit of Metal Gear R'ex I really like the models on this new Tau release.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Yeah, I'm with SRM.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
I hate painting this loving model but maybe now my Daemonkin won't get clowned off the table every loving game

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Diet Dr Pepper isn't the greatest, but it's not demonkin.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Painting that thing looks like a nightmare but you did a good job with it if that's any consolation.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

SRM posted:

Painting that thing looks like a nightmare but you did a good job with it if that's any consolation.

I appreciate it. It's helps that I'm already very familiar with it

Only two more to go, I guess

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

BULBASAUR posted:

Iron within I-are without a proper FW release

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I feel bad for all the people that got tattoos based on Warhammer Fantasy.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

LordAba posted:

:iceburn:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

LordAba posted:

I had a coworker with like 3 space wolves tattoos. I dont feel sorry for him. Just pity.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Similarly to the last page, I've got about $1000msrp of Steel Legion Imperial Guard, metal models and Chimeras.

Am I good to go with painting them up and assembling the vehicles, or is there a new codex 2 months away that will have me breaking components off?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Yeast posted:

Am I good to go with painting them up and assembling the vehicles, or is there a new codex 2 months away that will have me breaking components off?

Well there's no more WYSIWIG but lots of people seem to stick very rigidly to that old rule. Personally I wouldn't worry about it and just model up what you like.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Yeast posted:

Similarly to the last page, I've got about $1000msrp of Steel Legion Imperial Guard, metal models and Chimeras.

There hasn't been any indications of a new Guard codex(but who knows!) and honestly they're pretty well established, it's unlikely the next codex will shake things up too much. Also like krushgroove said WYSIWYG isn't actually enshrined in the rules anymore.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
That's great news, thanks!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Old Tau battlesuits look too boxy, honestly. The newer stuff fits their aesthetic more.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

ghetto wormhole posted:

There hasn't been any indications of a new Guard codex(but who knows!) and honestly they're pretty well established, it's unlikely the next codex will shake things up too much. Also like krushgroove said WYSIWYG isn't actually enshrined in the rules anymore.

WYSIWYG was a dumb loving rule because then everyone needs like dumb grenades modelled and every Tac marines should have a Bolt Pistol etc.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

If I still played 40k, I'd be all over those new Crisis suits and that new Commander. I wanted a plastic commander for a long time. Hell, I still kinda want the kits, though prices and not playing the game anymore will probably dissuade me.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

TheChirurgeon posted:

I hate painting this loving model but maybe now my Daemonkin won't get clowned off the table every loving game

TheChirurgeon posted:

I appreciate it. It's helps that I'm already very familiar with it

Only two more to go, I guess

These are all dope as hell. :getin:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Esser-Z posted:

Hell, I still kinda want the kits, though prices and not playing the game anymore will probably dissuade me.

Yeah I share that sentiment as well. Even with the FLGS in town offering 10% off I'm still somewhat hesitant to really buy kits.

Also I learned an important lesson with painting Scions. The greatcoat should be put on last for the commander.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Yeast posted:

Guard are one of the factions that have never really changed all that much. Mobs of dudes with lasguns and the occasional plasma gun or whatever have always been a thing, and aside from the occasional points reduction or hike on various Leman Russ weapons, they've been pretty consistent as long as they've been an army. The only thing that's really changed preexisting models at all was the change to ordnance weapons, since now you can only snapfire the sponsons on the Leman Russ if you fire its main gun. Unless you have a bunch of old Leman Russ Battle Tanks or Demolishers with sponson guns you've got nothing to worry about.

Cooked Auto posted:

Yeah I share that sentiment as well. Even with the FLGS in town offering 10% off I'm still somewhat hesitant to really buy kits.

Also I learned an important lesson with painting Scions. The greatcoat should be put on last for the commander.
Nah, just leave it on when you prime it, get back up in there with a brush and paint the recesses in black, and nobody will ever know. Yeah, you'll know, but you'll forget because nobody can see it anyway.

Also, I'm at my parents' house and I finally found a squad of gasmask Stormtroopers I painted for a friend a few years ago. He gave them back to me when he got out of the game and they still look pretty good, so I think I'll redo their bases to match my Valhallans and include them as carapace vets or something.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

SRM posted:

Nah, just leave it on when you prime it, get back up in there with a brush and paint the recesses in black, and nobody will ever know. Yeah, you'll know, but you'll forget because nobody can see it anyway.

:doh: Should've thought of that before starting to try to paint it properly.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

LordAba posted:

How do you feel about the people who got Age of Sigmar tattoos? Because you loving KNOW there have to be a few...

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

thespaceinvader posted:

How do you feel about the people who got Age of Sigmar tattoos? Because you loving KNOW there have to be a few...

They're put on a watch list, if they aren't already on one.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I bet somebody somewhere had a Warzone tattoo, and they were probably stoked as poo poo when they announced the Warzone Kickstarter a couple years ago.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Check the fantasy thread, I posted a ... well done but still horrible example.

Also, someone's WIP of Bored The Dork-Handed:

Maybe it's Bjorn? I like it!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Post 9-11 User posted:

Check the fantasy thread, I posted a ... well done but still horrible example.

Also, someone's WIP of Bored The Dork-Handed:

Maybe it's Bjorn? I like it!
It looks like it was painted with sidewalk chalk.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Full on Monet.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
If that's a WIP, it's hard to tell - it could easily go either way- completely awesome or just god-awful

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
It looks like someone skim-read a "how to paint NMM like it's 2004" guide and decided to try it from memory.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I suspect it would look fine from tabletop height.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
ITC quarterly vote is in.

https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2015/10/12/itc-2015-season-3rd-quarter-update-poll-results/

BA/SW/DA are not considered chapter tactics, as it should be.

Tau can have 1-3 of missiles: the suit in the LoW slot, sort of breaking the 1 LoW limit in ITC.

Forgeworld experimentals are in.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Esser-Z posted:

If I still played 40k, I'd be all over those new Crisis suits and that new Commander. I wanted a plastic commander for a long time. Hell, I still kinda want the kits, though prices and not playing the game anymore will probably dissuade me.

I'm guessing 40 bucks for the single commander suit. Just like that flying sigmarine character.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

SRM posted:

It looks like someone skim-read a "how to paint NMM like it's 2004" guide and decided to try it from memory.

It looks like an walking impressionist painting of a dreadnought

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

SRM posted:

It looks like it was painted with sidewalk chalk.

Looks like a video game Sprite.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

TKIY posted:

I think they are going to hit very hard from a transport though. Small team will wipe MEQ out easily with markerlight support.

Did I miss something? I thought the fish had no fire points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Picked up a Tech-Priest Dominus and a set of Kastelans. Now to decide on a color scheme... I love the basic red but I have done that to absolute death with my Tyranid. Thinking pale green? Perhaps orange? I might just give in and do the standard, but I'll probably play around with it a bit.

• Locked thread