Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Well, poo poo. Didn't know that, figured the Hellcat was still good and fun.

Or is it still, despite the nerfs? I initially thought it was only the new 75% crew that made it so sluggish despite the top engine and tracks.
Would it still play somewhat comparable to the T67 if I use it to zip around, set up with camo, binocs and rammer, squeeze off a few shots and reposition if necessary? I'm kinda bummed to find out it got nerfed so hard after buying it on sale a few days ago and crewing/equipping it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Scorpion was announced in like March 2014 and the Hellcat received the above nerf in patch 9.3, which was September 2014. It's just OP now instead of godlike. Still fun as hell. I think that's the last time its stats were changed, as its view range wasn't nerfed in 9.5 like a lot of other TDs.

As a side note, WG started talking about overhauling Sixth Sense a year ago and then announced it was being delayed in March of this year. Glacial progress for features that would make the game undeniably better is why Nordick's list of relatively minor differences between WoT and AW intrigue me more than they would if WG could be counted on to quickly learn from their competition and improve the game.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

The Scorpion was announced in like March 2014 and the Hellcat received the above nerf in patch 9.3, which was September 2014. It's just OP now instead of godlike. Still fun as hell. I think that's the last time its stats were changed, as its view range wasn't nerfed in 9.5 like a lot of other TDs.

Well thank god, that's good to hear.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

That WG is taking literally years to implement even the simplest poo poo is just inexplicable.

And then there's stuff like the new customization UI, which, frankly, loving sucks. To apply a new camo I have to hit something like four different select/confirm buttons.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Well, poo poo. Didn't know that, figured the Hellcat was still good and fun.

Or is it still, despite the nerfs? I initially thought it was only the new 75% crew that made it so sluggish despite the top engine and tracks.
Would it still play somewhat comparable to the T67 if I use it to zip around, set up with camo, binocs and rammer, squeeze off a few shots and reposition if necessary? I'm kinda bummed to find out it got nerfed so hard after buying it on sale a few days ago and crewing/equipping it.

The Hellcat is less zippy and far less able to return to cover or reposition than it used to be. If you play it in the extremely boring, passive playstyle of a RhmBWT, you'll farm lots of damage still, especially since it has the great 90mm APCR.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

(not my gif)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Gervasius posted:

(not my gif)

Boom headshot!

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
No honeymooners reference?

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Agrajag posted:

amx 30 is one of the best tier 9 tanks out there.

What makes it so great?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Bleremiah posted:

What makes it so great?

mobility, good gun depression, excellent gun handling, decent enough armour to bounce some occasional shots (turret).

Lord Fargo
Mar 27, 2009

I love one ups
Decided to give this game a go again, was in Hertz Clan when the game first came out, any EU goon clan still around add me, name is Cevapi

How is the T44?, Currently in the T43 and not enjoying it as much as the T34-85

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Agrajag posted:

excellent gun handling

0,20 lol

the list of tanks i haven't seen described as having excellent gun handling is starting to get really short

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Lord Fargo posted:

any EU goon clan still around

:nms:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3582837

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

Lord Fargo posted:

Decided to give this game a go again, was in Hertz Clan when the game first came out, any EU goon clan still around add me, name is Cevapi

Hit and miss depending who you ask. I am currently on it and i am doing fine in it. 29 games 72% wr 1900 average damage.

You really wont bounce anything. and the gun is a little derpy sometimes.

I have a history of playing tanks others think are poo poo very well.

Exia00 fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Oct 13, 2015

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lord Fargo posted:

The T-44 sets you up to play the T-54 well but is not a great tank itself. It's due for a buff when it's upgraded to HD.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

second game of the day, guess I can call it a night

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4
smokey21

^ look him up good thing you never get punished for botting....

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

If this is a 2nd class, what are the requirements for an Ace??
Pretty high I would imagine. I got lucky and snagged mine early on when it was still "new" the first time it was release. I can snag another Ace on it periodically, but you'll see 1st and 2nd class more often than not on solid games.

Just enjoy the tank man. With as hilariously fun and powerful as the Cromwell B is, you'll snag an Ace before you know it.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

RanKizama posted:

Just enjoy the tank man. With as hilariously fun and powerful as the Cromwell B is, you'll snag an Ace before you know it.
True. I've only played 24 battles in it so far, and that's going to change now that the Action X is coming. Gotta train a good crew for it.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

True. I've only played 24 battles in it so far, and that's going to change now that the Action X is coming. Gotta train a good crew for it.
I think I've got around 700 battles and a 64-65% winrate in mine. If you want, you can find me in-game with the same username that I have on here. We can clown in Bromwells since having two or three running together is a great way to completely trash an enemy team even in Tier VIII battles. Tank is so good.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
http://wotreplays.com/site/2210023#ensk-steelion-waffentr_ger_auf_pz_iv

This tank has the comfiest stock grind I've ever experienced. You'd think after the first couple times someone drove into that alley and lost 500hp they'd think twice about it.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Missing Name posted:

loving hate idiots that wear being a vet all out like it makes them more qualified at stuff

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Agrajag posted:

loving hate idiots that wear being a vet all out like it makes them more qualified at stuff

Hey sometimes you need some babies killed and you don't want to do it yourself, so you call a professional.

e: just gonna drop this link, russian bias:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/467917-op-sovietrussian-tanks-and-unfair-match-making/

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Oct 13, 2015

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Agrajag posted:

I always accuse them of being stolen honor fakes. Like some loving former SEAL etc would play online games.

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

Fat Jesus posted:

I always accuse them of being stolen honor fakes. Like some loving former SEAL etc would play online games.

If anyone ever tells you they were a SEAL they wernt a SEAL.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I have a Ph. D. in Special Operations or SpecOps as we say in the biz.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Exia00 posted:

If anyone ever tells you they were a SEAL they wernt a SEAL.

oh is that what seal clubbing means?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fat Jesus posted:

wot_baby_killers.wmv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOj07ClhEi8

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Which one of you was it that asked if any vets were there and when one popped up wanted advice on his sick dog so the guy says lol not that kind of vet and got told if he wanted a baby killer he would have asked for a baby killer? Was that you Byez?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Fat Jesus posted:

Which one of you was it that asked if any vets were there and when one popped up wanted advice on his sick dog so the guy says lol not that kind of vet and got told if he wanted a baby killer he would have asked for a baby killer? Was that you Byez?

That was perfect. I think it was B-Money.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

Missing Name posted:

haha I saw this same guy in game just a few days ago, he flipped out at me after I made note that the 101st Airborne and the Rangers aren't the same thing.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Obj 430 II Trip Report: I just did 5k damage and bounced 5k damage in a loss. Third Class Mastery badge. :argh:

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fat Jesus posted:

It was Electric Tuna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdB_Tymp9Oo

Terrorist Fistbump fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Oct 13, 2015

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Prav posted:

I have a Ph. D. in Special Operations or SpecOps as we say in the biz.

Personally, I am a spack ops special.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Yeah that's it, wrong game but close enough. I like how the guy types 'yes' then pauses a bit before typing 'former army' as if he realized 'SEAL' might be pushing it.
Steal all the honor.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fat Jesus posted:

Yeah that's it, wrong game but close enough. I like how the guy types 'yes' then pauses a bit before typing 'former army' as if he realized 'SEAL' might be pushing it.
Steal all the honor.

It's comforting to know that particular troll has a track record of success. I need something to replace Trump in my repertoire now that he's not as hot as he used to be.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Hellsau posted:

Hey sometimes you need some babies killed and you don't want to do it yourself, so you call a professional.

e: just gonna drop this link, russian bias:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/467917-op-sovietrussian-tanks-and-unfair-match-making/

that support ticket is amazing

quote:

That said, it sounds like maybe you don't know where the weak points on the T-54 mod 1 are located, and we can help with that! The following website may help:
http://wotguru.com/w...irst-prototype/

We hope this clears up any confusion.

If you need any additional assistance, please let us know.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Ah, that was great. I normally dislike WoT's support team, but they manfully resisted just saying "git gud, son".

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008
So apparently the action x turret is still garbage at reliably bouncing things but atleast it weighs 55tons and goes 53km/h so get ready to retrain controlled impact on your driver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I still think my best one was the guy who flipped out over the dead dog joke and actually posted a callout thread and got banned for it.