Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jim Flatline
Sep 23, 2015

01011001 posted:

rifle spear is criminally underrated, except for that one exploit

first time through I used rifle spear for a bit and it was amazing in the forbidden woods but I had a ton of trouble with the rom fight using the spear and as soon as I switched to the threaded cane I didn't have a problem and used that from then on. should i have switched back to the spear afterwards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
one of the best things about the game is that there's enough mats (more if you want to grind) to get one weapon to max and two or three weapons close

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

sector_corrector posted:

one of the best things about the game is that there's enough mats (more if you want to grind) to get one weapon to max and two or three weapons close

I don't think it's cool at all really, but doesn't really matter as there a only a couple of weapons per character build

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
U get 2 chunks per floor if you do a depth 5 cursed dungeon . you can get rocks too. all the stuff u need is there whenever u want it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'd much rather have a streamlined process than have to constantly search out 3 different types of materials to go up the upgrade chain.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

U get 2 chunks per floor if you do a depth 5 cursed dungeon . you can get rocks too. all the stuff u need is there whenever u want it

they also start giving you a ton of mats. nothing beats kicking open a tiny chest and finding chunks or an amazing gem. do the chalice stuff

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

sector_corrector posted:

i'd much rather have a streamlined process than have to constantly search out 3 different types of materials to go up the upgrade chain.

epic this, although it isnt too bad

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

THE PENETRATOR posted:

epic this, although it isnt too bad

yeah, plus it can be fun (like popping open crystal lizards for a big bag of rocks), but overall i like the bloodborne way better. i'm fine with both, but if you had me pick i'd take BB.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

So my ps4 crashed and during the crash there were crazy colored circles all over the screen. I thought it was just some weird Bloodborne attack but no I think the gpu in my 3 week old ps4 just failed.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It turns on, but past the safe mode menu and the logo the only thing that shows up is a black screen, and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur053Q73O8Q

when I hit the ps button it goes right back to the black screen. feelin pretty bad about my ps4 purchase right now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

It turns on, but past the safe mode menu and the logo the only thing that shows up is a black screen, and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur053Q73O8Q

when I hit the ps button it goes right back to the black screen. feelin pretty bad about my ps4 purchase right now.

That really sucks man.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im sure it has a warranty if you just bought it?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah it does, but the process is going to take a while. It's a NA PS4 and I am in Kuwait. I'll check tomorrow and see if its actually 100% busted then call sony. I don't want to lose my 73% MGSV save but what can you do.

Dec 26, 2012

that really sucks dude sorry to hear it

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

01011001 posted:

that really sucks dude sorry to hear it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Let us lend Evil Eagle our strength, like a Gameing Spirit Bomb, in his time of need.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

Let us lend Evil Eagle our strength, like a Gameing Spirit Bomb, in his time of need.

\o/

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4PEacrpzfg

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
\o/ for evil eagle

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
*tears flying off my face up into the sky*

\o/

Dec 26, 2012

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
\o/

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sick, but I could only watch 30 seconds because I wanna see it all fresh

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

rediscover posted:

NickRoweFillea posted:

\o/ for evil eagle

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

*tears flying off my face up into the sky*

\o/

Thank you, all. It wasn't enough to revive my PS4 (I tried re-initializing it and now it just repeats the SONY and Sony Computer Entertainment logos, over and over) but it was just what I needed to rejuvenate my gamer spirit. I'm going to replay TPP on PC anyway, and I can reluctantly wait to play Bloodborne. For now, I am going to start up Dragon Quest V, make some mario courses, and practice plague knight stages. Once my PS4 is repaired or replaced, I will be back in this thread talking about how much fun Bloodborne is.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Evil Eagle posted:

Thank you, all. It wasn't enough to revive my PS4 (I tried re-initializing it and now it just repeats the SONY and Sony Computer Entertainment logos, over and over) but it was just what I needed to rejuvenate my gamer spirit. I'm going to replay TPP on PC anyway, and I can reluctantly wait to play Bloodborne. For now, I am going to start up Dragon Quest V, make some mario courses, and practice plague knight stages. Once my PS4 is repaired or replaced, I will be back in this thread talking about how much fun Bloodborne is.

the accepting gamer

Dec 26, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

godspeed

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

hOly poo poo! this game kicks rear end! glad i spent my whole monthly pay from starbucks to get a ps4 and this poo poo! damb! i love to shoot dudes and make em crumple

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
matthewmatosis put out a 6 hour video of him talking about dark souls and why it's good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV16ROaHVfo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

apropos to nothing posted:

matthewmatosis put out a 6 hour video of him talking about dark souls and why it's good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV16ROaHVfo

there's no way in clicking on this my man.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
:sweatdrop:

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Picture this:

1- YouTube Video Personality
2- add your favorite videogame, hell yeah
3- Six motherfuggin hours hearing about all the epic poo poo you Love
4- epic game where you drink everytime a nerd says world design and you die after 20 minutes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've already spent 300 hours of my life playing souls games and saying Oh Baby This is Good to myself, so he'll, what's another 6 hours of someone else saying it to me.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
dark souls is epic as hell, says one guy on youtube

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
he says it over and over again, for six hours, while playing the game

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

I've already spent 300 hours of my life playing souls games and saying Oh Baby This is Good to myself, so he'll, what's another 6 hours of someone else saying it to me.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Gonna watch the vid and report back... not!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Evil Eagle posted:

Yeah it does, but the process is going to take a while. It's a NA PS4 and I am in Kuwait. I'll check tomorrow and see if its actually 100% busted then call sony. I don't want to lose my 73% MGSV save but what can you do.

let me know what you did w/r/t replacement or repair because im in korea and this is my nightmare