Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

LiquidFriend posted:

Andy Reid is gonna be nervous as gently caress if Detroit gets its first win in London.

CNN: Famine strikes Europe as Andy Reid turns to stress eating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Knyteguy posted:

Well Martha Ford is a Firestone right?

Didn't they have an issue with their tires basically exploding about a decade back? Should be good practice.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Filthy Casual posted:

Didn't they have an issue with their tires basically exploding about a decade back? Should be good practice.

The tires that they provided to Ford exploded, yes.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Since 2010, the Lions are the only team in the NFL to spend three first- or second-round picks on running backs (Jahvid Best first round in 2010, Mikel Leshoure second round in ’11, Ameer Abdullah second round in ’15).

From 2010 to ’14, the Lions have finished 23rd, 29th, 23rd, 17th and 28th in rushing.

Four games into this season, they’re dead last with 47.0 yards per game and 2.7 yards per carry.

Time to look at the GM?

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I don't think many of us would have an issue with moving on from Mayhew. A lot of people just don't think a change will necessarily come if they were willing to hang on to Millen for as long as they did.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Brannock posted:

Since 2010, the Lions are the only team in the NFL to spend three first- or second-round picks on running backs (Jahvid Best first round in 2010, Mikel Leshoure second round in ’11, Ameer Abdullah second round in ’15).

From 2010 to ’14, the Lions have finished 23rd, 29th, 23rd, 17th and 28th in rushing.

Four games into this season, they’re dead last with 47.0 yards per game and 2.7 yards per carry.

Time to look at the GM?

To be fair, Jahvid Best was great until his brain exploded.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
You can't hide your Lion eyes
And your smile is a thin disguise
I thought by now you'd realize
There ain't no way to hide your Lion eyes

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Mikel Leshoure looked good in college and was never injured, then immediately tore his Achilles in the pros and sucked afterwards. Mayhew's risky picks don't bother me as much as when he decides that the Lions are perfectly fine somewhere like, let's say, right tackle. But there is talent on the roster. It's shameful.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I remember going to Detroit all the way from England 2 years ago for the Thanksgiving double header of home games against The Bays. The game against Tampa was loving wretched and I was getting quite exasperated at a) how poo poo the Lions were and b) how I was the only one in my section that seemed to feel that way. Even the Tampa fans in the section seemed to be embarrassed at how meh everyone was

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Spending that many first day picks on backs in this day and age is dumb regardless of who you get.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

NC-17 posted:

Spending that many first day picks on backs in this day and age is dumb regardless of who you get.

Cheering for Gurley to drag the Rams to ten straight Super Bowls to shut you up for good.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Didn't that technically happen in college

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Filthy Casual posted:

I was trying to come up with a Ford Firestone SUV = Lions joke before I posted

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Abdullah has a ton of potential, too. If the Lions don't break him first he'll probably be productive. Theo Riddick always seems to step up, so with all of the targets this team has it's very shameful to see all of this. Riddick, Abdullah, Johnson, Tate, Zenner is looking good, etc. gently caress Lombardi for wasting this team. gently caress Caldwell for not getting rid of him. What the gently caress is his problem.

Good thing about the Lions blowout loss yesterday: I figured it would be a garbage showing so I watched the Wire with my wife instead.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Knyteguy posted:

I was trying to come up with a Ford Firestone SUV = Lions joke before I posted

Abdullah has a ton of potential, too. If the Lions don't break him first he'll probably be productive. Theo Riddick always seems to step up, so with all of the targets this team has it's very shameful to see all of this. Riddick, Abdullah, Johnson, Tate, Zenner is looking good, etc. gently caress Lombardi for wasting this team. gently caress Caldwell for not getting rid of him. What the gently caress is his problem.

Good thing about the Lions blowout loss yesterday: I figured it would be a garbage showing so I watched the Wire with my wife instead.

Solid skill position

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGshit offensive line.

The Curse of of the 2013/14 Atlanta Falcons. Same story, different city. If you don't draft o-line high in the first, find another football team to cheer for until the GM is gone.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/revoke-detroit-lions-passports-once-they-arrive-london-november-2-2015-game

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@ShaneNFL
#Lions beat writer: "Why did you kick a field goal down 28 points in the fourth quarter?" Caldwell: "We'd already thrown in the towel."

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Chris James 2 posted:

@ShaneNFL
#Lions beat writer: "Why did you kick a field goal down 28 points in the fourth quarter?" Caldwell: "We'd already thrown in the towel."

kill me

Nov 6, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

@ShaneNFL

lol what

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Chilichimp posted:

Solid skill position

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGshit offensive line.

The Curse of of the 2013/14 Atlanta Falcons. Same story, different city. If you don't draft o-line high in the first, find another football team to cheer for until the GM is gone.

I have the Raiders as my AFC team, so it's not so bad. I'm thinking the Lions draft a WR with their 1st round pick next year, because Lions. If it's a QB I think I'll stop watching football for good.

:lol:

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I don't know what Calvin Johnson did to deserve eternal football damnation but i'm sure he's gotta be wondering who he pissed off in a past life

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Chris James 2 posted:

@ShaneNFL

Burn Ford Field to the ground.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

@ShaneNFL

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

TheHoosier posted:

I don't know what Calvin Johnson did to deserve eternal football damnation but i'm sure he's gotta be wondering who he pissed off in a past life

Remember when we all thought he broke the Madden Curse? Welp...

Chris James 2 posted:

@ShaneNFL

At what point in the game would you say you had thrown in the towel? Down 21? Down 14?

You're a poo poo-bad coach, brody.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Chris James 2 posted:

@ShaneNFL

I would call that out as fake, but the fact that I'm the first person to post about it maybe being fake worries the hell out of me.

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

TheHoosier posted:

He probably hit someone while driving to the NFL draft and just kept going. Stafford constantly appears to Calvin and says "thanks for the riiide"

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

NC-17 posted:

Bill Ford Jr's great accomplishments:

- Being born a Ford.
- Realizing he is so far out of his depth at fixing Ford he let someone competent take over.
- Acknowledging that Matt Millen sucks.

Compared to Bill Ford Sr's great accomplishments:

- Being born a Ford.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Chris James 2 posted:

Didn't that technically happen in college

Yeah he had a couple of real bad concussions in college too so he was basically on borrowed time as soon as he was drafted

I miss you Jahvid :(

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015
Come on Lions, don't draft skills positions all the time...maybe some O-line?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Friendly reminder that the Lions took a pass-catching TE that can't catch, Eric Ebron, one spot ahead of Odell Beckham, Jr., who would have been the Starscream to Calvin's Megatron.

Burn earth, salt, start over, etc.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Lions Fight Song updated for 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pauwBE1Rxfw

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

C. Everett Koop posted:

Friendly reminder that the Lions took a pass-catching TE that can't catch, Eric Ebron, one spot ahead of Odell Beckham, Jr., who would have been the Starscream to Calvin's Megatron.

I hadn't realized that before....gently caress that would have been something to watch. Better than Jones/White.

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

Grozz Nuy posted:

Yeah he had a couple of real bad concussions in college too so he was basically on borrowed time as soon as he was drafted

I miss you Jahvid :(

Don't feel bad for Jahvid. He probably never thinks about the lions anymore

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

Come on Lions, don't draft skills positions all the time...maybe some O-line?

They drafted a guard in the first round this year!

But he's having a difficult time cracking the starting line up :(

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

C. Everett Koop posted:

No... Calvin is the starscream to Tate's Megatron. ODB would be one of those little animal things or whatever that are sort of part of starscream.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Chichevache posted:

No... Calvin is the starscream to Tate's Megatron. ODB would be one of those little animal things or whatever that are sort of part of starscream.

Good god man, it's Soundwave who has the animal cassette minions not Starscream don't you know anything urgh

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Starscream was an abject fuckup, so Stafford is Starscream, or maybe Caldwell, could go either way.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Regardless of your dumb references, the Lions already had a whole bunch of great-to-good receivers so there was no reason to take ODB in any case. Still shouldn't have taken Ebron, though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Regardless of your dumb references, the Lions already had a whole bunch of great-to-good receivers so there was no reason to take ODB in any case. Still shouldn't have taken Ebron, though.

Ebron was taken 6 Spots ahead of Zach Martin.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Good god man, it's Soundwave who has the animal cassette minions not Starscream don't you know anything urgh

Best post/avatar combo in a long loving time.

Nov 6, 2002

gobots were better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Aaron Donald might not have been a bad choice with the 10 pick in that draft. Ya know, if you were going to let Fairley go, and not fork over Suh money. I am sure whoever the GM is in STL probably sends Mayhew a Christmas Card every year over that one.

• Locked thread