Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

PureRok posted:

So, bought that game Bloodlust Shadowhunter since it finally came out of Early Access (I avoid Early Access titles). It clearly takes a lot of ideas from WoD, so at least it's got a similar flavor.

It still feels like it should still be in Early Access, to be honest. Quite a few typos and some janky/unexplained mechanics; some options don't work or save correctly. It feels like I'm playing a mid/late stage beta, not a released product. It's not bad, but it could definitely be better, I think. I wonder if "releasing" the game was to boost sales to get some more cashflow while putting more work in. I sure hope this doesn't stop getting updated or polished, because it could be a decent spiritual cousin to VtM:B.

It's a mess, or was when I last played, but it does scratch a certain vampire itch. Does it better than DARK did, which is damning for that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Fuzz posted:

Get to Animalism 5, then marvel as literally everything dies. Seriously, that power is the single most powerful one in the game, and with that History it straight up breaks the game. I've said it multiple times in this thread, but seriously... Animalism is the most underrated and the most overpowered Discipline in the game, by a huge margin.

I know I ignored it at launch when I first played a gangrel.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Soonmot posted:

I know I ignored it at launch when I first played a gangrel.

So did everyone else, myself included, (my first time through was with a Gangrel) but I learned the error of my ways with my Nossie run.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm having trouble getting the clan quest mod to work. I installed it to the correct directory using a fresh install of the game through steam, I didn't have any fan patches or anything else in there except the base game, but for some reason all I get is a console log showing a ton of "unable to load data _______________" and nothing changing. I tried googling this but all I found was a few other people asking about this and not getting any answers. Anybody have any idea what went wrong? I tried a second time, deleting everything in the vampire the masquerade steam folder and uninstalling the game and then reinstalling the game and reinstalling the clan quest mod, but it did the same thing as before. No changes to the game and the console showing on the main menu listing a bunch of "unable to load data" errors.

Chuck Finley
Oct 27, 2010

Installed this game for the first time a couple of days ago and have been playing it quite a bit over the weekend and I gotta say, this is pretty great. The dialogue for characters is really well done and the responses are also pretty great.

I just got to a quest in Chinatown where you find this old Asian man at the Red Dragon restaurant and he tells you his sob story about being a hitman and how he worked with a partner and saved a ton of money in a box with two keys. He tells me to go over to the second Asian man, who sells people bullshit fortunes, and kill him for the key. My favorite moment in the game so far is it actually allows you to keep going back and forth between the two old dudes and your percentage of the total cut keeps increasing. Also, every time they increase the percentage they insult the other dude in some way (One guy straight up called the other dude a pedophile). Also the radio ads are pretty funny.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Let me look at you... Yeah, kill people! Go kill Ji Wen Jah for me!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Chuck Finley posted:

Installed this game for the first time a couple of days ago and have been playing it quite a bit over the weekend and I gotta say, this is pretty great. The dialogue for characters is really well done and the responses are also pretty great.

I just got to a quest in Chinatown where you find this old Asian man at the Red Dragon restaurant and he tells you his sob story about being a hitman and how he worked with a partner and saved a ton of money in a box with two keys. He tells me to go over to the second Asian man, who sells people bullshit fortunes, and kill him for the key. My favorite moment in the game so far is it actually allows you to keep going back and forth between the two old dudes and your percentage of the total cut keeps increasing. Also, every time they increase the percentage they insult the other dude in some way (One guy straight up called the other dude a pedophile). Also the radio ads are pretty funny.

I can't believe I never found this before, sounds amazing.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

McSpanky posted:

I can't believe I never found this before, sounds amazing.

Wow. That's one of the original quests and yes, it's FANTASTIC. That does make me wonder if in my dozen playthroughs over the years whether or not I've missed something...

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Chuck Finley posted:

Also the radio ads are pretty funny.

Thats some good gently caress- I mean FREAKin chicken!

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Night shifts would pass much quicker if Deb of Night was a real show.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

pun pundit posted:

Good news!

http://debofnight.andcuriouser.com

George Noory is a poor substitute.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
I finished my standard toreador playthrough a week or so ago, and then started dicking around with a nosferatu character for the first time.

I was really surprised how close you actually have to be to a NPC to freak them out. You really have to almost bump into them.

I can totally understand this from a gameplay perspective; that making everybody nearsighted was a necessary concession to cram the nosferatu concept into a game that requires the player to be running around talking to people all the time.

However, this seems to make the complex sewer systems modeled into each hub much less critical than I expected, because you don't have to slog through the drat sewer tunnels every time you need to buy ammo or whatever when you can just run down the center of the street just fine.

*My Immersion*

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The only reason it's a gameplay compromise is because they ran out of time and money to make the full fledged Nossy path they planned on.

Are there any details or design docs on what they were planning for that (or the rest of the game for that matter...)?

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

pun pundit posted:

Athenry posted:

Good news!

http://debofnight.andcuriouser.com

George Noory is a poor substitute.

Good news! Art Bell is back (...again...) and he's as good as ever. Free online, and the rest of the network aren't bad either. http://darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
glad this thread is always being bumped because of goons like Chuck Finley. Such a fantastic, timeless game.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

Copper Vein posted:

Best song is actually Swamped.

Fittingly enough, I had already been introduced to Darling Violetta from the earlier VTM game, Redemption.

Bloodlines got me to look up Lacuna Coil and Chiasm; I wouldn't recommend the latter.

Funny that I wasn't the only one - smaller god is a great track and this game introduced it to me way back in 07, and I was already familiar with Lacuna Coil.

Anyhow, installing this game, but echoing the sentiment about how desperately this game needs a graphical update.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Goddamnit, I installed this game AGAIN with the 9.4+ patch, and as usual I love it. I had trouble getting back into Deus Ex a while ago but hit the ground running with this.

Malkavian ninja fruit loop fun time begins again! :feelsgood:

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Somewhat on-topic (wait for it):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O589XTT1rQE

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Welp. That trailer totally spoiled the movie.

That said, looks pretty cool!

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

OAquinas posted:

Welp. That trailer totally spoiled the movie.

That said, looks pretty cool!

Don't care. Want.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
That Henry Rollins movie looks... pretty good?

Also did I see the crazy meth dealer from GTA V?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

TheCenturion posted:

Don't care. Want.

Same.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Is there a shortcut through the sewer clusterfuck level with the 9.4 patch+? I've seen references to it but I can't actually find it.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

sean10mm posted:

Is there a shortcut through the sewer clusterfuck level with the 9.4 patch+? I've seen references to it but I can't actually find it.

it's hard to explain where it is since the sewers are such a repetitive mess of absolutely nothing interesting or distinctive to navigate around, but it might be at an airlock between two drain tunnels on the first sewer level I think? either way, it's worth noclipping to it rather than playing the sewer levels if you can't find it. the computer password is also sesame iirc.

Literal Nazi Furry fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 25, 2015

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Paradox just bought White Wolf from CCP.

They better freaking make an Obsidian developed Bloodlines 2 because I would buy that poo poo Day 1.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Accordion Man posted:

They better freaking make an Obsidian developed Bloodlines 2 because I would buy that poo poo Day 1.

Holy poo poo. This is big news. :woop:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/10/29/paradox-white-wolf/

Apparently this is Paradox's biggest investment ever, which means they're definitely buying them to use the IP and not to let it lie fallow, so we can expect a Bloodlines sequel down the line.

Paradox Interactive buying White Wolf is also hilarious, because Paradox Interactive was an offshoot of Paradox Entertainment, who own a bunch of RPG/boardgames IPs.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
This is cool :)

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

I am not empty quoting.

I saw the headline this morning and almost literally choked on my breakfast.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
There is hope again.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Does this mean they retroactively own the first Bloodlines, or no?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Justin_Brett posted:

Does this mean they retroactively own the first Bloodlines, or no?

No, Activision do, but presumably whatever percentage of Bloodlines sales goes to the IP holder (if any) will now go to Paradox.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Paradox deffo has a stake (heh) in Bloodlines so they would have to sign off on it if Activision wanted to make a HD version for instance.

Anyway, this is loving great news and really made my day. Hope they make DLC for Crusader Kings 2 and you play as one of the vampire lords that actually ruled Europe.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Lodin posted:

Paradox deffo has a stake (heh) in Bloodlines so they would have to sign off on it if Activision wanted to make a HD version for instance.

Anyway, this is loving great news and really made my day. Hope they make DLC for Crusader Kings 2 and you play as one of the vampire lords that actually ruled Europe.

Did you not see the autistic, frothing frenzy that the alt-history Sunset Invasion DLC provoked among CK2 players?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Oberleutnant posted:

Did you not see the autistic, frothing frenzy that the alt-history Sunset Invasion DLC provoked among CK2 players?
Yeah, but old school Camirilla vampires aren't brown people.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Oberleutnant posted:

gently caress those grognards. What if-scenarios are one of the things that make historical simulations great.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lodin posted:

gently caress those grognards. What if-scenarios are one of the things that make historical simulations great.

Kaiserreich is still the greatest thing to ever come out of Paradox's games, so yes.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Paradox owns.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Gyshall posted:

Paradox owns.

Well they certainly own White Wolf, yes. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

The faithful will be rewarded. Great news.

• Locked thread