Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RareAcumen posted:

Hype God Hercule.

Howdy! I'm CENA. CENA the WRESTLER!

Down here in the WWE UNIVERSE, PUSHES are shared through little "HGH" pellets. You want some PUSHES, don't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Samuel L. Chan posted:

Don't get me wrong, I do agree Earthbound is the best comparison there is to Undertale but I just think Undertale is able to stand on its own as its own game rather than having to be compared to Earthbound all the time. It has its own sense of humor separate from Earthbound as well as characters and story, not to mention gameplay but that's not really a factor since both games aren't loved for it. I've just seen people writing off Undertale as being an Earthbound ripoff/clone from the constant comparisons, when the similarities are more loose than that.

It's a successor to Mother, not a sequel, which is why it's infinitely more appealing than some theoretical Mother 4 would ever be.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 12, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Dias posted:

Down here in the WWE UNIVERSE, PUSHES are shared through little "HGH" pellets. You want some PUSHES, don't you?

You idiot. In this world, CENA WINS...

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ConanThe3rd posted:

You idiot. In this world, CENA WINS...

Imagine backtracking in a game and getting a glimpse of John Cena sinking back into the floor.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Rodyle posted:

Imagine backtracking in a game and getting a glimpse of John Cena sinking back into the floor.

It needs to have the first five notes of The Time Is Now just being vocalised as sinister dooting when it happens.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Rodyle posted:

It's a successor to Mother, not a sequel, which is why it's infinitely more appealing than some theoretical Mother 3 would ever be.

Uh...

:thejoke:?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You saw NOTHING

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Hi, I like Undertale but if you don't, then that's totally fine because you're entitled to your own opinion, even if I disagree with you! I hope you have a great day.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Arguing with people who disagree with me fills me with DETERMINATION.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dias posted:

And don't forget his support paradigm; Hype Guy Hercule.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Matt shouting "HARTFORD WHALERS FOR LIFE" in the Obscure II Shitstorm video.

You guys are just the Canadianest :allears:

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
If memory serves, the beginning of the next MGSV episode should be "Quarantine Platform constructed!" Gonna be interesting to see how they try to approach that.

Either Pat puts 2 and 2 together fairly quickly or Liam goes full gun-jump mode and tries to bumrush through before everyone dies.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dias posted:

Before I got into testing I decided to do just a normal run, and used the name Cena

It made some of the later lines rather hilarious :v:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Before I got into testing I decided to do just a normal run, and used the name Cena

It made some of the later lines rather hilarious :v:

MASSIVE-rear end SPOILERS STAY AWAY FROM BLACK BAR

He took a loss in a handicap match and then went over THE ENTIRE FUCKIN' WORLD. Fuckin' Cena.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

If memory serves, the beginning of the next MGSV episode should be "Quarantine Platform constructed!" Gonna be interesting to see how they try to approach that.

Either Pat puts 2 and 2 together fairly quickly or Liam goes full gun-jump mode and tries to bumrush through before everyone dies.

For the record just doing that set of missions immediately is way faster and saves more people since the only people who get infected are the ones who speak Kikongo anyway so putting them all of the quarantine platform isn't really helping anyone. I had only a small handful of soldiers die and never manually quarantined anyone.

TechnoSyndrome fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Oct 13, 2015

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Yeah it doesn't really make much difference either way, I'm just looking forward to the reactions because it comes right the gently caress out of nowhere and seeing a bunch of your dudes start dropping like flies can be super stressful if you don't know what to expect.

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin

Samuel L. Chan posted:

Main character is a kid with a striped shirt, the menu is black & white and the game pokes fun at you. That's really all there is. I guess people find them both charming more than anything?

That and Toby Fox's first game was literally a rom hack of Earthbound.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

TechnoSyndrome posted:

For the record just doing that set of missions immediately is way faster and saves more people since the only people who get infected are the ones who speak Kikongo anyway so putting them all of the quarantine platform isn't really helping anyone. I had only a small handful of soldiers die and never manually quarantined anyone.

Counterpoint: They can't just do those sets of missions right off the bat, unless, of course, they do them all in one sitting. Liam's gonna futz around with sidequests and then the next video's gonna be "So, yeah, a bunch of our good new dudes are dead. Sorry, Pat."

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015

TechnoSyndrome posted:

I thought that soldiers would teach each other languages and if you didn't quarantine the Kikongo speakers then eventually every non-unique solder would be infected. That said speeding through the missions is a lot more efficient, although I doubt they'll decide to do that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I quarantined all the infected soldiers but still lost a dozen while speeding through the story missions, so I have no idea what I did wrong.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tae posted:

I quarantined all the infected soldiers but still lost a dozen while speeding through the story missions, so I have no idea what I did wrong.

You didn't do anything wrong. Just because they are in quarintine doesn't mean that they are cured

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Since they apparently aren't listening to tapes at all (which is a shame given Huey's constant counter of "everything's someone else's fault, I did nothing wrong!") I can't imagine they'll actually listen to the one that goes "HAY! THIS IS WHAT YOU DO!" It's either gonna be 30 minutes of fumbling and reading too deep into things, or they'll jump cut and look it up online in the downtime.

I can't wait for the purge of the Quarantine Platform. That final room, man...

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
As an aside, I really loved playing Nightmare Creatures again. I wish someone remade it somehow.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Podcast is up: http://superbestfriendsplay.com/podcast/sbfc-114-lube-bu-and-the-k-y-dynasty/

In which a civil discussion about undertale is had and Woolie forgot to link the preview video.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TheRealestMatt posted:

As an aside, I really loved playing Nightmare Creatures again. I wish someone remade it somehow.

I remember playing the demo for it maybe 100 times. I think it and Fighting Force were the most widely produced demo discs at least it felt like it. Think I owned the N64 cart at some point.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

TheRealestMatt posted:

Oh man, is that the new Shitstorm video? Nightmare Creatures was and still is awesome. My AIM screen name for the longest time was IgnatiusAlpha because of Father Ignatius.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn6-pxyjlWg

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

havenwaters posted:

Podcast is up: http://superbestfriendsplay.com/podcast/sbfc-114-lube-bu-and-the-k-y-dynasty/

In which a civil discussion about undertale is had and Woolie forgot to link the preview video.

The podcast video is special, it's uploaded, he just needs to link stuff to it and back.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH64NeDV3qM

TheRealestMatt fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 13, 2015

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Huh I don't remember nightmare creatures being like darksouls, it's super interesting.

Matt I'm sorry the community may have overhyped undertale, I hope you enjoy the game as much as I did but I understand if it doesn't hit you because of all the noise around it.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
you can't underhype overtale

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

TheRealestMatt posted:

The podcast video is special, it's uploaded, he just needs to link stuff to it and back.

You are simply a treasure Matt.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Farg posted:

you can't underhype overtale

'izzzzz a good game if u like anime u may enjoy it too'

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Rhonne posted:

You are simply a treasure Matt.

Yeah that was great Matt.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TheRealestMatt posted:

You dorks are the best

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Matt, you sure did put a ton of work into that preview video.

A skele-ton.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheRealestMatt posted:

Look at this goddamn nerd. He's great.

Al-Saqr posted:

Matt I'm sorry the community may have overhyped undertale, I hope you enjoy the game as much as I did but I understand if it doesn't hit you because of all the noise around it.

Anything that has a cult following has that issue, I guess how hard the hype hits you depends on how well you know your own tastes and how well you can moderate your expectations. I liked Undertale a ton, tho, and I pushed it to whoever I knew would care (aka my younger brother and...that's about it). I was 1 for 1 there tho.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

TheRealestMatt posted:

It's just too bad that the devs time-traveled 18 years into the future to rip-off Bloodborne, according to Pat. :v:

I had actually never heard of the game until the Shitstorm video, but now I kind of want to play it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheRealestMatt posted:

"God drat it, I hate that I'm smiling" is basically how every Sans related thing should be handled.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheRealestMatt posted:

I love you guys.

But not, yanno, LOVE you guys. That would be evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChumpsForChange
Jun 2, 2011
Cool that Matt's getting into iPad games there's some neat stuff there.
Cool iOS games:
Year Walk and its companion app
Device 6
The Room One and Two

Most other stuff I've played has been pretty bad or would be better on a different device.