Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

goose fleet posted:

What the gently caress

Nigga likes mega man

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
If you're going to make up weird torture stories at least make them plausible, who the gently caress would put forth that much effort to heat up a nickle

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Tendai posted:

If you're going to make up weird torture stories at least make them plausible, who the gently caress would put forth that much effort to heat up a nickle

I can tell that you're not a sadist

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

goose fleet posted:

What the gently caress

Dude apparently has written like eight stories revolving around red-hot nickels.

It's a fetish??

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Tunicate posted:

Dude apparently has written like eight stories revolving around red-hot nickels.

It's a fetish??

It's a knock-off of a joke account that incorporates getting beat with jumper cables into every post.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Tunicate posted:

It's a fetish??

...Are you for real or is this STDH?
please tell me it's the latter, even if it's a lie

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Agean90 posted:

golf shore

Par for the course.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

That is some immaculately loving wrapped 'rice dessert'.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Vulpes posted:

That is some immaculately loving wrapped 'rice dessert'.
Google "Non Amson", stuff looks like that. This mayyyyy have happened.

This doesn't make sense.

RabbitWizard has a new favorite as of 04:34 on Oct 12, 2015

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

RabbitWizard posted:

It seems to be kinda-maybe-could-have-happened bundled onto a lovely overplayed joke (the "Wat" stuff).

The "Whovian" (:rolleye:) one could also possibly have happened, even though it didn't, because 13-year-old children are easy to scare.

RabbitWizard posted:

This doesn't make sense.

It's a Doctor Who reference. Be glad that you don't understand it.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

RabbitWizard posted:

This doesn't make sense.

IT's from an episode.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Lady Naga posted:

IT's from an episode.

But 'who turned out the lights' is a pretty reasonable and common thing to say when the lights randomly go off. How could it possibly be interpreted as a Dr Who reference except by ludicrously obsessed nerds?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Vulpes posted:

But 'who turned out the lights' is a pretty reasonable and common thing to say when the lights randomly go off. How could it possibly be interpreted as a Dr Who reference except by ludicrously obsessed nerds?

That's sort of the point, love.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Once I was at a comic store with some friends and it turned out we accidentally went during HeroClix night. Some Whovian chick glommed onto my friend and tried to show off her Dr Who poo poo for like 10 minutes, despite him repeatedly telling her he has never seen Dr Who and he doesn't understand what any of it is, and that he was just looking at comics. Whovians are almost as bad as bronies.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Vulpes posted:

It's just one of those wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey doctor-proctory who stuff

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
People were wearing helmets in that episode and the visor went black. If you're not wearing a helmet and everything suddenly turns black it's not the things from the library.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

RabbitWizard posted:

This doesn't make sense.

It's close cousins of the STDH involving a vidya-related ringtone or text alert and a classroom, subway car, bus, etc. Usually morlocks.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Once I was at a comic store with some friends and it turned out we accidentally went during HeroClix night. Some Whovian chick glommed onto my friend and tried to show off her Dr Who poo poo for like 10 minutes, despite him repeatedly telling her he has never seen Dr Who and he doesn't understand what any of it is, and that he was just looking at comics. Whovians are almost as bad as bronies.

Tales like this are an endless source of amusement for me, I just can't comprehend that our lovely British Science Fiction show is so popular in America, or at least on the internet, to me, it's just a typical Saturday night cheesy BBC show to keep the kids happy, but for "Whovians" its a way of life.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Judge Tesla posted:

Tales like this are an endless source of amusement for me, I just can't comprehend that our lovely British Science Fiction show is so popular in America, or at least on the internet, to me, it's just a typical Saturday night cheesy BBC show to keep the kids happy, but for "Whovians" its a way of life.

Teeaboos are the loving worst.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Judge Tesla posted:

Just tell me you aren't counting Red Dwarf in that category. Not like it is a lifestyle choice for me or anything, but I really liked it.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Judge Tesla posted:

Writing endless romance angles helped.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Like I've said before I'm sure that at least 99% of the American fans are the ones that fawned over David Tennant and Matt Smith because now that an older guy is the doctor they aren't as vocal about the series anymore

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Nice. I used to watch Dr Who when I was younger because my aunt would send me the dvds from England. Some of them were fun and kinda clever.

Then I stumbled on a more recent episode and God was it flat and cheesy and boring. Now I don't want to watch them ever again not to sully the memories :ohdear:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

What actually happened: 7-year-olds laughed at a girl saying "titi".

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

Dave (from across the room): This conversation is highly unlikely, we're seven!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MonoAus posted:

Dave (from across the room): This conversation is highly unlikely, we're seven!

I can't even conceive of how someone who has ever been in the company of 7-year-olds could consider that a possible conversation (not that it wouldn't also be stilted and ridiculous at any other age).

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I've known several gay 7 year olds and none of them spoke like that.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

quote:

I am a store manger at a Menswearhouse and I heard my ex was getting married, who broke up with me by sending me a snapchat of her having sex with another guy, was getting married so I took a shot in the dark and looked up to see if the tuxedos they got for their wedding were from Menswearhouse, they were. I then proceeded to change the shipping date and location of all the tuxedos for the groom and his groomsman at the last minute so even when they identify the problem, it would be too late to fix it. I got a deep satisfaction that I did something to make her "perfect day" a little less special.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

That's pretty believable, imo. Especially the fact that there would be someone that spiteful.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012
Sounds like a good way to get fired?

and maybe they'd have to hire suits from somewhere else. Wedding day ruined!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

realtalk this could be 100% true

i met some really fuckin weird people when i was at the Men's Warehouse

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Yeah people can be petty but it sounds 100% like some bitter revenge fantasy that never happened. The snapchat thing is just so over the top, and a manager who does something deliberately that is going to end up costing his store a big sale/refund is either too dumb to ever get the job in the first place, or will shortly be losing it. Also I think at mens wearhouse when you order rental tuxes they are shipped to the store and you go in and try them on a couple days before the event to see if any final alterations need to be made. Worst case scenario they either go to the other store or have them overnight them to the right one. It's not like you go pick them up an hour before your wedding.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

It didn't says "i'm a manager at *men's clothes store*" so i think it's confirmed this one is real.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
No he's a manger at men swearhouse.

So he's there to feed the horses people ride in on. You guys still use horses right?

That single paragraph is so badly written jeez. Especially the part about the ex was getting married, she broke over snapchat, was getting married.

At least reread your lovely post.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012
The men swearhouse sounds like a fun place to be.

To be honest I didn't even realise how terribly written it was until you pointed it out. I've read so many of these now my brain just automatically corrects it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Murphy Brownback posted:

Yeah people can be petty but it sounds 100% like some bitter revenge fantasy that never happened. The snapchat thing is just so over the top, and a manager who does something deliberately that is going to end up costing his store a big sale/refund is either too dumb to ever get the job in the first place, or will shortly be losing it. Also I think at mens wearhouse when you order rental tuxes they are shipped to the store and you go in and try them on a couple days before the event to see if any final alterations need to be made. Worst case scenario they either go to the other store or have them overnight them to the right one. It's not like you go pick them up an hour before your wedding.

You get them 2-3 days early, so if they were sent to the wrong place they'd be found ASAP. Nothing for weddings happens 'day of'. Unless family is making it, then all bets are off.

• Locked thread