Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Alter Ego posted:

Runoff guild wouldn't allow for green chat though :(

Yeah I don't think we'll need it right now as long as we keep culling those that haven't logged in for a few months and people de-guild if they have a toon they don't plan on playing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
I just rejoined for the sweet x12 XP, I last played when grinding Oricon was still a thing. I resubbed for the xp boost. I've hit 55 and I'm sitting 1XP short of 56. As I understand I can't access any of the old "new" content without buying the expansion pack, nor level up over 55. However, I was under the impression that subs got all the content included with subscription? What am I missing here?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You have to wait until October 19 for KOTFE, and for SOR, I've been told.

waffledoodle
Oct 1, 2005

I believe your boast sounds vaguely familiar.

Body type 4 BH here in search of his Mako. My holo for yours. No Skadges

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.

Damnit. I became curious as to the youtube url he lists. I will share his sadness in full. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jj3wZVc7nw

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I haven't subbed yet so I can't search for That's No Goon members but I have a level 11 Sith Marauder named Pentagon and this game is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

and Star Warsy

Peacheshead
Oct 21, 2010
If any of the recent new/returning players have yet to click a referral link, I haven't gotten any referrals yet :angel:

Both new and returning players get goodies for being referred!

e: would help if I included the link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rXbP5D

Peacheshead fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Oct 13, 2015

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Figured I might as well join in with the referral codes, so here's another if anyone wants to use it.

http://www.swtor.com/r/v2kH2b

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Fuzz posted:

YES I REFERENCED STAR TREK IN A STAR WARS THREAD. gently caress YOU. :arghfist::smug:

One of the biggest goon guilds at launch was Starfleet Dental. I think you're okay.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Eimi posted:

As for Marr's face, my bet is him looking like this

I'm glad our "Marr is Bishi as gently caress" talk lives on. :allears:

Fuzz posted:

The problem is that Jedi != Light Side and Sith != Dark Side. They're 4 different things.

A good post. Thankfully Bioware seemed to be fully aware of this and wrote accordingly. Its not like the PC is the only nice Sith you run into either, a questgiver sithlord on Yavin 4 who is chipper as gently caress. The cool old guy on Tatooine who just wants to find artefacts. Darth "Cool Old Uncle" Vowrawn :allears:

And heck, the Sith side of that is also more complex when you realise their are Sith who use more then just "GET MAD!" as their power. Dromund Kass's "seal the doors in the dark temple" questline has that hologram that mentions sith using Passion as their inner fire. I don't think it'd be much of a stretch to assume that extends to other powerful emotions and drives.

Somewhere out-there is a Sith powered by overwhelming smugness.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Thyrork posted:

Somewhere out-there is a Sith powered by overwhelming smugness.

He's on Ziost.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

A Thing that I'm actually considering: Leveling a new Alt once 4.0 hits to see the new "streamlined" leveling process :saddowns:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

A Thing that I'm actually considering: Leveling a new Alt once 4.0 hits to see the new "streamlined" leveling process :saddowns:

Don't worry...we're all going to do it :(

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Hulk Smash! posted:

You're not alone, I'll probably do it too.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hulk Smash! posted:

I'm probably going to use an excuse like "I haven't tried a tank jedi on the Imperial side yet..."

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.
You know what?

I'm going to do the Yavin weekly for 192 companion gear even though it'll be worthless in a week or so. Treek deserves something nice for helping my first character hit 60.

I know, I know. She'll only wear it once then it'll sit in the closet forever. Except, the closet is being obliterated on the 27th.

You still deserve this, Treek! :toot:

Hulk Smash! posted:

And I have no choice but to do this (which I'm excited about), since I've only been playing such a short time.

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009

Peacheshead posted:

If any of the recent new/returning players have yet to click a referral link, I haven't gotten any referrals yet :angel:

Both new and returning players get goodies for being referred!

e: would help if I included the link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rXbP5D

Apparently it was time enough for me to accept another one, enjoy or something.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

I'm enjoying commando's playstyle and don't currently have a merc leaving me with trying to choose between using merc as my free 60 (and see how that system works) or leveling a merc to see the "streamlined" leveling process.

Two Wishlist items cause it's Tuesday
1. Sliders for height and girth instead of distinct body shades.

2. New Vehicle - Super Speed Shoes - speeded up run animation with a flourish of a jumping heel click.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Corzen posted:

You know what?

I'm going to do the Yavin weekly for 192 companion gear even though it'll be worthless in a week or so. Treek deserves something nice for helping my first character hit 60.

I know, I know. She'll only wear it once then it'll sit in the closet forever. Except, the closet is being obliterated on the 27th.

You still deserve this, Treek! :toot:

And I have no choice but to do this (which I'm excited about), since I've only been playing such a short time.

Well the gear won't become completely useless, they did say that it's going to become player usable after the patch hits.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Rouncer posted:

2. New Vehicle - Super Speed Shoes - speeded up run animation with a flourish of a jumping heel click.

Gotta go fast

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Medullah posted:

Well the gear won't become completely useless, they did say that it's going to become player usable after the patch hits.

This is why I grabbed a DPS set + weapon on all my people... free upgrade to 192.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
my Sorcerer is sociopathic as all hell; does the dark side points Im racking up have any effects/detriments other than pointing out I had a terrible childhood?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fuzz posted:

This is why I grabbed a DPS set + weapon on all my people... free upgrade to 192.

Weapons aren't carrying over, just the armor. :)

Not that horrifically optimized 192 gear will last long (Ziost 190 gear is already better than the companion gear), but better than nothing. I expect you'll probably get 192+ gear from the first few missions of KOTFE.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

go3 posted:

my Sorcerer is sociopathic as all hell; does the dark side points Im racking up have any effects/detriments other than pointing out I had a terrible childhood?

You'll start getting red eyes and looking like you've been punched in the mouth a bunch as your dark side level increases. These visible effects can be turned off if you like so that no one has to know you had a terrible childhood.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Who are some of the light side Sith NPCs?

I remember running into a bunch on my LS Sith Warrior, but that was ages ago so I don't remember who any of them were. :v:

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Rincewind posted:

Who are some of the light side Sith NPCs?

I remember running into a bunch on my LS Sith Warrior, but that was ages ago so I don't remember who any of them were. :v:

Darth Vowrawn ( :swoon: ) kind of counts, I guess? I just ran through the Warrior questline again and Corellia is actually made bearable by the fact that you meet him. Truly, the chillest Darth. Marr might actually also count, to be honest; he seems very much to be a "Good of the Empire over personal Power" kind of guy from what we've seen in the game, especially given how Makeb shakes out for the Empire.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Can I post my referral in here? I'm never posted it before.

http://www.swtor.com/r/gLzzjR

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Thana's boss on Quesh is not "eat babies and kick puppies", so he possibly counts. He's somewhat like Marr in that as long as problem's solved, it's fine.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Reason #5,533 that Hatred is better than Deception - Respeccing back and forth between Hatred/Darkness is moving like 3 buttons. Deception is like a billion.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Also, Thexan's robes are available on the GTN now. 1440 for the full set.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

GuyUpNorth posted:

Thana's boss on Quesh is not "eat babies and kick puppies", so he possibly counts. He's somewhat like Marr in that as long as problem's solved, it's fine.

There's one that shows up in the BH storyline that wasn't so bad, either, but I can't remember his name. I feel like all of the Imperial stories have at least one chill Sith except for Agent, where they're all over the top fucktarded and ridiculous, mostly to highlight and emphasize the fact that the Sith are running the Empire into the ground.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Fuzz posted:

There's one that shows up in the BH storyline that wasn't so bad, either, but I can't remember his name. I feel like all of the Imperial stories have at least one chill Sith except for Agent, where they're all over the top fucktarded and ridiculous, mostly to highlight and emphasize the fact that the Sith are running the Empire into the ground.

I liked the female sith that showed up in the smuggler storyline.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Also, Thexan's robes are available on the GTN now. 1440 for the full set.

Man, I really don't like the short sleeve over full sleeve look. Otherwise I might be tempted.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Fuzz posted:

I remember liking Darth Lachris, but I think that might be because she gave my Agent smooches.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

I remember liking Darth Lachris, but I think that might be because she gave my Agent smooches.

She actually shows up in the Consular storyline too. :D

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

She actually shows up in the Consular storyline too. :D

Oh, I know. I've done my every-class-to-fifty work to get the special recognition once the expansion comes out. :smuggo:

There's just so much that I have no clue about, since there have been two expansions since I last played. What I really want is a way to turn off the "quest available here" display by quest types. Don't show me the flashpoint/operation quest givers right now; I'm trying to figure out if there's a story quest I've overlooked. :argh:

And yesterday I found something called a "Macrobinocular" quest? :psyboom:

prefect fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 13, 2015

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

TLM3101 posted:

Darth Vowrawn ( :swoon: ) kind of counts, I guess? I just ran through the Warrior questline again and Corellia is actually made bearable by the fact that you meet him. Truly, the chillest Darth. Marr might actually also count, to be honest; he seems very much to be a "Good of the Empire over personal Power" kind of guy from what we've seen in the game, especially given how Makeb shakes out for the Empire.

Vowrawn! I forgot all about that guy but he totally rules.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Fuzz posted:

Eh... Darth Tormen is still a bloodthirsty bastard who kills people on a whim for the slightest hint of incompetence or disloyalty. And the fucker force choked Blizz.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

prefect posted:

Oh, I know. I've done my every-class-to-fifty work to get the special recognition once the expansion comes out. :smuggo:

There's just so much that I have no clue about, since there have been two expansions since I last played. What I really want is a way to turn off the "quest available here" display by quest types. Don't show me the flashpoint/operation quest givers right now; I'm trying to figure out if there's a story quest I've overlooked. :argh:

Partly good news then, I guess. In 4.0 you should be able to disable quest markers for "exploration quests" - non-class/main planet quests. Not sure how that's going to help on the fleet though. On 12x XP characters it's like a Christmas tree on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

prefect posted:

And yesterday I found something called a "Macrobinocular" quest? :psyboom:

Macrobinocular and Seeker Droid are part of the RotHC expansion. They're side-stories that are worth doing at some point, but they don't reveal anything major to be honest.

• Locked thread