Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
This lucha libre soap opera is just like a soap opera with lucha libre in it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

poo poo, if Dynasty has literal dragons and people rising from the dead, then maybe I need to watch me some Dynasty.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ShootaBoy posted:

The mind boggles.

It's not cool to post my opinions in this thread.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
What I don't understand is how anyone who likes Rodriguez would think LU's plots are too trashy.

Like I get there are still wrestling fans who don't like goofy stories and weird inhuman characters for some reason, but this is a channel that plays Lucio Fulci movies on a regular basis.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

It's not cool to post your opinions in any thread

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Charles Gnarwin posted:

poo poo, if Dynasty has literal dragons and people rising from the dead, then maybe I need to watch me some Dynasty.

you should've watched Dark Shadows

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Dr. rear end posted:

It's not cool to post

FTFY

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dumbass on reddit

quote:

If James Storm is doing what I think he is doing. He will revolutionize wrestling the same way Kevin Nash and Hall did with their contracts.

If I were in James Storm's Place. I would make it so he a group of people had contracts that allowed inter-promotional matches.

It has to be on a small scale. This wouldn't work if everyone could do it.

And it shouldn't ever go past NXT.

This would boost NXT. This would boost Indies and get peoples names out there. It wouldn't be competition. It would be a Win Win for everyone involved.

NXT is its own Brand. Remember that.

quote:

He didnt want Hall and Nash to leave either. Rating are low. People want dream matches. People want invasions from other shows, Maybe WWE should invade other shows.

It would make wrestling really interesting again. Tuning into different shows just to see whats going to happen.

Some storylines continuing on through multiple promotions.

Thats the future and its inevitable. NXT is already working with NJPW. We all know whos in NJPW.

Now Storm is on NXT, WHILE working with TNA.

He may not like it. But hes sure testing the waters.

And once he feels comfortable, there will be a wrestling explosion like it was in the 90's.

Its happening. And im excited.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Maxwell Lord posted:

What I don't understand is how anyone who likes Rodriguez would think LU's plots are too trashy.

Like I get there are still wrestling fans who don't like goofy stories and weird inhuman characters for some reason, but this is a channel that plays Lucio Fulci movies on a regular basis.

This does not deserve to be on the channel owned by Robert 'Shark Boy & Lava Girl, Numerous Spy Kid Movies, Once Upon A Time In Mexico, Machete' Rodriquez.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Yeah WWE is totally gonna invade TNA when their next show airs never.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ShootaBoy posted:

The mind boggles.
LU stories are garbage! They're basically *describes something objectively awesome* and furthermore,

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

St Evan Echoes posted:

LU stories are garbage! They're basically *describes something objectively awesome* and furthermore,

Sexy Star getting repeatedly beaten up by men and then kidnapped by a stalker is awesome?

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

ayn rand hand job posted:

Sexy Star getting repeatedly beaten up by men and then kidnapped by a stalker is awesome?

I mean, the latter part was

Marty the Moth FTW

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Lucha Underground isn't really my thing but it has a ton of awesome matches.

If you don't like awesome matches OR crazy over the top storylines, how the gently caress are you a wrestling fan?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Marquis de Pyro posted:

If you don't like awesome matches OR crazy over the top storylines, how the gently caress are you a wrestling fan?

Could be a Ring of Honor fan?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

MrBling posted:

Could be a Ring of Honor fan?

Hmmmmm........I feel like I included an 'awesome matches' clause. The answer you were actually looking for was 'could watch Monday Night Raw every week?'

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The office politics and watercooler level burns I see every night on monday night raw

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sure, because she fights out of it herself which is more than most movie heroines get.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

sexes are treated equally in LU, sorry if you can't handle the beat Mr PC Police

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MassRafTer posted:

Is a good thing you posted this in the correct thread.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

She's also repeatedly beaten up men, and once held off three of them trying to attack her.

And yes, Marty the Moth spinning her into a cocoon so he can introduce her to his sister in fact rules.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I am shocked that the Fallen Angel would be so harsh towards JC.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the reason John Cena has to call his spots so loudly is because you can't hear yourself over the crowd reaction to a Big Match John fight

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I literally never notice Cena calling spots unless it's pointed out so what loving ever who cares

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

St Evan Echoes posted:

I literally never notice Cena calling spots unless it's pointed out so what loving ever who cares

A lot of the talking stuff in Botchamania I would never understand if he didn't put words on the screen, even if it was pointed out they were saying something.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I don't either, apparently it's a lot more noticable if you use headphones

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

elf help book posted:

A lot of the talking stuff in Botchamania I would never understand if he didn't put words on the screen, even if it was pointed out they were saying something.

The endings on Botchamania recently are rarely funny but they're also about a third of the run time.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I don't usually notice Cena calling spots but Paige is a lot more noticeable.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Blasmeister posted:

So it's noticed more by the shut ins watching on their PC in their parents basement....

This explains a lot about the ISEC opinions of Bog Match John

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

St Evan Echoes posted:

So it's noticed more by the shut ins watching on their PC in their parents basement....

This explains a lot about the ISEC opinions of Bog Match John

bog palpt goo

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm more annoyed at the overuse of commas instead of actual sentence breaks in that paragraph.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Nah John calls his spots really loudly. It's really not a huge deal at the end of the day, but he is one of the more noticeable dudes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Blasmeister posted:

So we should report everyone who notices for watching illegal streams?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

hosed up if true

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Remember the time Chucky was on Nitro, and Rick Steiner told him "You can't see me"?

John Cena certainly does.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I like it when wrestlers noticeably call spots. As long as it's not every wrestler calling every spot like they want to call their momma, it's a fun reminder of something everybody is aware of anyway, i.e. wrestling is fake.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The first time I ever heard a wrestler call a spot was in 1999 when Ken Shamrock roared "SLAP ME" at Ryan Shamrock

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
It depends on the match. Dolph Ziggler gets some credit for rescuing the IC match at Elimination Chamber from Mark Henry, but it was still a bad match.

Anyway, have an article about how for women's wrestling to be taken seriously, the NXT Divas need to stop crying after winning.

I'm just gonna leave this here. No reason:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Noted girls Shawn Michaels all the time (as above, Mania 12, etc), Edge, Daniel Bryan, Mark Henry, Ric Flair, and so forth are making their gender look bad with their horrid weepy ways.