Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Brazilian referee gets assaulted by player, pulls gun on him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut4QKrrfK_8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Martin Cacares has been suspended by Juve for trashing his Ferrari after a few drinks. Well done him

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34401801

Lmao.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-34409824

Mental.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

idk I think the sentence was warranted

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Neck tattoos are mental, you are correct.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he'd probably have got away with it if he'd not said anything

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Jose posted:

he'd probably have got away with it if he'd not said anything

Agreed. Standing over someone with a bone sticking out their skin and calling them a pussy bitch crybaby is not generally the best way to get away with a naughty tackle.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
"Parsons had played the ball from some distance away when Kerr ran towards him, jumped into the air and “like an athlete doing a long jump” brought both feet stamping down on the victim’s outstretched leg."

it was the 2nd minute how is it possible to be that furious that early

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I've got a feeling he might just be that kind of oval office.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Agreed. Standing over someone with a bone sticking out their skin and calling them a pussy bitch crybaby is not generally the best way to get away with a naughty tackle.

announcing that it was done on purpose probably doesn't help

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
And the worst thing is, Hughes is at Stoke now

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/05/ched-evans-conviction-referred-to-court-of-appeal

Looks like Ched Evans will be allowed an appeal based on newly discovered evidence.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They've allowed the evidence that the girl tried to sell the story to the papers to be heard. It was suppressed in the original hearing.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

oliwan posted:

Actually, Federer is the greatest athlete of all time hth

First time I've ever agreed with oliwan, wow

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

blue footed boobie posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/05/ched-evans-conviction-referred-to-court-of-appeal

Looks like Ched Evans will be allowed an appeal based on newly discovered evidence.

I don't know how the British Legal System works, but considering he already served 2 + years in prison what would happen if they found out the conviction was erroneous? Do they compensate time spent in prison, which I know you can't ever really compensate for two years of someone's life, but still...something like money or whatever?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
He'd get to actually rape her.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
E: ^^lol

The appeal could only vacate the conviction. He could be tried again.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Soulex posted:

I don't know how the British Legal System works, but considering he already served 2 + years in prison what would happen if they found out the conviction was erroneous? Do they compensate time spent in prison, which I know you can't ever really compensate for two years of someone's life, but still...something like money or whatever?

Clubs will still be reluctant to sign him, so she shouldn't be allowed to work until he gets a job imho.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

E: ^^lol

The appeal could only vacate the conviction. He could be tried again.

Tried for the same crime? There isn't a double jeopardy law or something over there?

sassassin posted:

Clubs will still be reluctant to sign him, so she shouldn't be allowed to work until he gets a job imho.

Yeah, the true damage has already been done. Regardless if he is acquitted or the whole thing is upheld, just getting caught up into a court system is going to cause a lot of hesitation from any employer. Regardless if it's football or Walmart.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Soulex posted:

Tried for the same crime? There isn't a double jeopardy law or something over there?

Nope, what kind of retarded country would have that, it was scrapped here.

You can only get retried once tho i think

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Soulex posted:

double jeopardy only applies if you were acquitted the first time

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Lamont Cranston posted:

double jeopardy only applies if you were acquitted the first time

Does it? I thought it was in general. A good example is military and the UCMJ and federal/state laws. Getting a DUI off post means you could "technically" be charged by both but double jeopardy prevents that if I recall. I don't know for sure. I'm not legal and don't drive drunk. Or weed in some states like Colorado is legal, but federally it's not.

The Big Taff Man posted:

Nope, what kind of retarded country would have that, it was scrapped here.

You can only get retried once tho i think

You can get retried even if you're guilty and face punishment? I understand if you were to appeal your sentence and you did something bad the sentence would be upheld, but am I misunderstanding that he could get a different/separate punishment if convicted again?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Soulex posted:

You can get retried even if you're guilty and face punishment? I understand if you were to appeal your sentence and you did something bad the sentence would be upheld, but am I misunderstanding that he could get a different/separate punishment if convicted again?

At least in the US, its as if the first trial never happened. The appeals court orders that any procedural error be corrected. They don't actually say "nah this guy was innocent all along." That's still for a jury to figure out. I'd be surprised if England was different, but I could be wrong.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 6, 2015

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

At least in the US, its as if the first trial never happened. The appeals court orders that any procedural error be corrected. They don't actually say "nah this guy was innocent all along." That's still for a jury to figure out. I'd be surprised if England was different, but I could be wrong.

Three things can happen. The appeal fails, the appeal wins and the conviction be quashed (and the Court of Appeal order a retrial) or they can quash the conviction and not order a retrial. All of these are irrespective of the defendant's guilt or innocence obviously.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

serious gaylord posted:

They've allowed the evidence that the girl tried to sell the story to the papers to be heard. It was suppressed in the original hearing.

She clearly doesn't know how the RICO act works. She's hosed.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Have Coca-cola and McDonalds asked her to stand down yet?

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2015/breaking-djibril-cisse-in-custody-of-alleged-blackmail-of-mathieu-valbuena/

Breaking: Djibril Cissé in custody for alleged blackmail of Mathieu Valbuena

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Valbuena Sextape

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I can only find this in Italian but apparently Pablo Armero was found with two prostitutes in his house by his wife. who proceeded to beat him with a bat

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/13-10-2015/armero-preso-bastonate-moglie-sorpreso-casa-due-prostitute-130484547051.shtml (Italian)

The neighbors heard a bunch of yelling and screaming so they called the police.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Gigi Galli posted:

I can only find this in Italian but apparently Pablo Armero was found with two prostitutes in his house by his wife. who proceeded to beat him with a bat

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/13-10-2015/armero-preso-bastonate-moglie-sorpreso-casa-due-prostitute-130484547051.shtml (Italian)

does it say how much extra he had to pay the whores to do the bat thing, asking for a friend tia

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Hahahahahaha. loving amazing.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Gigi Galli posted:

This is why I have this thread bookmarked, loving hell :italy: lmao

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Probably not because it's a US federal law, and doesn't apply in the UK?

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

tentish klown posted:

Probably not because it's a US federal law, and doesn't apply in the UK?

That's the same reasoning the swiss-based FIFA applied, and look at them now.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Epic

Almost 60 results in Canadian Soccer League are alleged to have influenced by fraudsters since May, with all 12 teams involved in 'suspicious' matches

An entire league may have been corrupted by match-fixers, according to shocking intelligence seen by Inside Sport. The extraordinary claim that betting fraud appears to have reached an unprecedented scale within football is made in a report produced by sports integrity watchdog the International Centre for Sport Security.

More shocking still is the location of this alleged match‑fixing league: the scene of arguably England’s finest hour on a football field since 1966.

For while England Women were performing heroics by finishing in third place in the World Cup in Canada this summer, the country was playing host to a competition the ICSS says appears to have been operated this year “for the primary purpose of perpetrating an organised betting fraud, with match-fixing the means to achieve this”. That competition is the Canadian Soccer League, a summertime tournament formed almost a decade ago and based in Ontario.

Every team has been corrupted, says the ICSS's Chris Eaton

ADVERTISEMENT

There is no suggestion that the league itself is being administered by match-fixers, yet the ICSS report paints a picture of dozens of its results having been determined by fraudsters in the last six months.

According to the report, almost half of First Division matches in the current CSL season (42 per cent) have shown signs of suspicious betting activity, resulting in an estimated £4.5 million in potential “fraudulent betting profits”.

The 31-page document, entitled Canadian Soccer League (CSL) 2015 Season, alleges that all 12 top-flight teams have played in “suspicious” games this year on at least three occasions each. The report says: “In the experience of the ICSS, the CSL has become a type of ‘rogue league’ that has not been seen before.”

Chris Eaton, the ICSS’s executive director for sport integrity and the former head of security at Fifa, told Inside Sport that he had never encountered suspected match‑fixing on such a scale. He added: “We can say with confidence that every side has been directly or indirectly corrupted – indirectly because they’ve been involved in fixed matches even though they weren’t aware of it.”

The ICSS report identifies 44 suspicious fixtures between May 10 and Sept 7 but Inside Sport has been told that a further 15 took place prior to this weekend’s play‑off semi-finals.

A match was even played this season in which one of the participants claimed to have witnessed an audacious attempted fix, writing on Twitter that he was quitting the CSL because he was fed up of such behaviour.

In another post on social media, the same player revealed that his own side had been trying to score an own goal, with the opposition lining up on the goal-line to prevent them doing so.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11932437/Revealed-Entire-rogue-league-corrupted-by-match-fixing.html

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/19/uae-footballer-jailed-three-months-criticising-national-manager

quote:

The UAE international Abdullah Qassem has been jailed for three months after insulting his national team manager Mahdi Ali in a video, according to local media

bit harsh this

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah the Canadian Soccer League is so corrupt that the Canadian Soccer Association desanctioned it because they would rather just not have a top-level league in the country than have one where basically every match is fixed.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

That's the same reasoning the swiss-based FIFA applied, and look at them now.

The US prosecutors are going after offenses which occurred in their jurisdiction. There is a separate Swiss investigation for crimes which happened in Switzerland.

America is not world police.

vyelkin posted:

Yeah the Canadian Soccer League is so corrupt that the Canadian Soccer Association desanctioned it because they would rather just not have a top-level league in the country than have one where basically every match is fixed.

When did they desanction it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Munin posted:

The US prosecutors are going after offenses which occurred in their jurisdiction. There is a separate Swiss investigation for crimes which happened in Switzerland.

America is not world police.

Anything that goes through a bank is enough to get jurisdiction