Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

I Love You! posted:

Not at the moment, but only because they won't let us form a guild without like 10 players on simultaneously.

We could get a Red roll-call, it's been a while. I play with a pretty regular group of 4 and sometimes Frankthebank tags along, so we're halfway to a guild already! We are almost to the point where we need to get epics and poo poo so it's possible we will join a guild if we can't get enough people to do it organically.

I was just reading my cleric epic stuff. Looks like there is only (lol) 3 hard fights Ixiblat Fer the fire ele (Who can drop a CoF), Overking (Who can drop the Warrior invis clicky bp) in Chardok, and Ragefire (Who can also drop a CoF, and other dragon loot). I think the Chardok king is the hardest one. There is also a 55 cleric mob in Sol Ro Temple, but she's not that bad.

Edit: Ranger Epic looks like a pain. Lvl 50 mob in Hole, 4th island of Sky, VS and Innoruuk?

Bard Epic looks dumb. Phinny, Red Dragon Scales, White Dragon Scales and Trakanon kill, jesus.

VS and Trak are super contested.

FranktheBank fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Bard epic is actually not that hard. Most can be grouped, Trak is something you can guildhop into if needed. People want bards to have epics.

Rangers have to go to sky anyway for their loving bow sooooo may as well grab the epic parts and see how the rest goes.

Clerics: see bard.

Third
Sep 9, 2004
The most noble title any child can have.
Any high level willing to help me kill the drake in Skyshrine for my CS key?

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

FranktheBank posted:

OMG I've literally been waiting all day for you to log in so I could apologize! I was so pissed. My kid knocked the router off and it was a pain to get it back on. Took almost 2 hours =(

That group was so good too.

It's funny because the warrior literally said "I bet frank kicked the internet cable when going out for a cigarette".

No worries, I'll be around :P

FranktheBank posted:

Trak are super contested.

If I remember correctly there is "Trakanon" and then there is "Bard Epic Trakanon" which is spawnable using the undead bard.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

MageMage posted:

It's funny because the warrior literally said "I bet frank kicked the internet cable when going out for a cigarette".

No worries, I'll be around :P

If I remember correctly there is "Trakanon" and then there is "Bard Epic Trakanon" which is spawnable using the undead bard.

Really? I thought those came way later. What about VS? Is that mechanic is as well?

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

FranktheBank posted:

Really? I thought those came way later. What about VS? Is that mechanic is as well?

You are correct it came later.

Frank I died in Old Seb and it was not pretty, I don't think my corpse is recoverable without a group

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

I Love You! posted:

Frank I died in Old Seb and it was not pretty, I don't think my corpse is recoverable without a group

find a nice 57 necro to conjure it for you. Voila.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

I Love You! posted:

How deep in? If it's too deep, we can try to buy a corpse summon from a necro, shouldn't run more than 300-400pp.

I am 100% down to take a group in though.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

FranktheBank posted:

How deep in? If it's too deep, we can try to buy a corpse summon from a necro, shouldn't run more than 300-400pp.

I am 100% down to take a group in though.

Deep enough that I can't go grab it, not deep enough we couldn't get it in 10 minutes with a 4-5man.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

I Love You! posted:

Deep enough that I can't go grab it, not deep enough we couldn't get it in 10 minutes with a 4-5man.

Oh, that easy. I should be on tonight around 7pm PST. Also, do you guys have HS keys? I'm probably gonna try to farm a couple items from Kaesora, and we could hit Xalgoz.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

FranktheBank posted:

Oh, that easy. I should be on tonight around 7pm PST. Also, do you guys have HS keys? I'm probably gonna try to farm a couple items from Kaesora, and we could hit Xalgoz.

We do not yet have HS keys, that was kind of next on the roster after Seb.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

I Love You! posted:

Give me 1.5 levels and a jade coffin. Oh, and a seb key.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

I Love You! posted:

We do not yet have HS keys, that was kind of next on the roster after Seb.

Gotcha. Also, I will probably be on at 7:30, instead of 7. A little over an hour from now. I'm still bound at Seb.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Thanks for inviting my baby SK Azae, been meaning to get a character tagged in Unknown :)

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Sorry Scoobs went bio and missed your tells. Ill be back in about an hour. im already at seb.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Hey Maed, this is Sayjak.

I have another officer character in EC that I forgot about if you still need that invite!

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

FranktheBank posted:

Sorry Scoobs went bio and missed your tells. Ill be back in about an hour. im already at seb.

Hiroyuki wont be around until tomorrow and we're going to need him for the recovery, so let's just plan to meet up then if you're going to be around.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

I Love You! posted:

Hiroyuki wont be around until tomorrow and we're going to need him for the recovery, so let's just plan to meet up then if you're going to be around.

Alright, it is. My main two times are 4-6pm and 7-10pm PST on weekdays.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Avenged posted:

Hey Maed, this is Sayjak.

I have another officer character in EC that I forgot about if you still need that invite!

Will have to grab it tomorrow. Internet went down for a bit then I just wanted to play some LoL.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
My corpse has been recovered. Badtown and I still will need a bunch of rezzes at some point tho.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

I Love You! posted:

My corpse has been recovered. Badtown and I still will need a bunch of rezzes at some point tho.

Where the bodies at? I saw one outside Seb.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

FranktheBank posted:

Where the bodies at? I saw one outside Seb.

Do you guys know a cleric? If you're not dead in Sebilis, I think my 40 cleric and do 50% rezzes on Red.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
Is red still a cesspool at 50+? I have an epic 54 rogue that I stopped playing because all the top tier guilds and players were mostly awful

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
The bodies are all in and around seb. No one seemed to be around last night so I logged off eventually

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Do you guys know a cleric? If you're not dead in Sebilis, I think my 40 cleric and do 50% rezzes on Red.

I am a cleric.

I Love You! posted:

The bodies are all in and around seb. No one seemed to be around last night so I logged off eventually

Yeah, I had to go shopping for a homecoming dress (nothing fit :cheeky: ) Which meant I was at the mall keeping the little one entertained for 2 hours straight. I should be on at 7pm PST today. Ill be on either my cleric or my druid, Hurry, or my rogue, Seugor.

Hesh Ballantine posted:

Is red still a cesspool at 50+? I have an epic 54 rogue that I stopped playing because all the top tier guilds and players were mostly awful

I've mostly been doing PvE. Rogue would be an awesome addition to the leveling crew. I join Scoobs and his friends whenever I can. I think I am the lowest at 52.

Update: My Druid is now 39, which mean I can port almost anywhere. Going to grab GD and WL keys today. Let me know if you want a port, tell me you're a goon or that you like shoes and/or pants on your head and its free.

FranktheBank fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Oct 16, 2015

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
As long as you don't ever log onto the forums and accept that PvP happens it seems fine to me. Yes someone you grouped with might kill you at a later date, just don't get sore about it or expect otherwise unless they seem cool.

Frank if there's a time tonight I should be on if I need a rez, let me know! Badtown and I both have ugly rotting corpses.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Any word on that hardcore server?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Soon(tm).

Hopefully November sometime.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Man I miss SLAMDUNKATRON, finding a group at 52+ is ruff without a guild. I'm going to have to join some scrub crew, any suggestions? Anyone want to run Old Seb with me and my pals? -_-

Red Kroo represent

Hoppy Goodness
Nov 26, 2007
I'll be on tomorrow afternoon I'm sure, down to hit up Seb with ya then (Minamata)

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

I Love You! posted:

Man I miss SLAMDUNKATRON, finding a group at 52+ is ruff without a guild. I'm going to have to join some scrub crew, any suggestions? Anyone want to run Old Seb with me and my pals? -_-

Red Kroo represent

I looked for you guys for about 30min, then switched to my druid. I should be on a lot tomorrow though.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
First time I've had a chance to play in a couple of weeks. Got swarm kited from 30-39 in OT. Bards are the best.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

FranktheBank posted:

I've mostly been doing PvE. Rogue would be an awesome addition to the leveling crew. I join Scoobs and his friends whenever I can. I think I am the lowest at 52.

My rogue is parked somewhere in HS I think. I never finished OT hammer but I might have a leatherfoot cap, idk

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Scratch that - I fell asleep at the keyboard and apparently got power leveled to 42. I also woke up this morning alive but very hungry and thirsty! I guess you never time out?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Erdricks posted:

Scratch that - I fell asleep at the keyboard and apparently got power leveled to 42. I also woke up this morning alive but very hungry and thirsty! I guess you never time out?

hahahahaha, we were like "should we just... leave him?" You died once, bad pull from the other bard (not skrybbles). Was just hoping that goons didnt pat and just bind camp you lol. Gratz on 12 levels EZ.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

FranktheBank posted:

hahahahaha, we were like "should we just... leave him?" You died once, bad pull from the other bard (not skrybbles). Was just hoping that goons didnt pat and just bind camp you lol. Gratz on 12 levels EZ.

Usually i just pk the person at the end of the PL session if they are bound nearby if they fall asleep so they dont have to worry about eating an XP death, but glad that worked out

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 17, 2015

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Double Post

I am looking for friends to XP with in old Sebilis, please let me know if you are around friends!

noooo frank come back i messaged you immediately after that last tell and you were gone, i JUST got back in

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 17, 2015

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

I Love You! posted:

I am looking for friends to XP with in old Sebilis, please let me know if you are around friends!

I don't have a Seb key on my monk or I would give it a go.

Never Been Banned
Sep 7, 2004
Okay well, maybe once...
Hello thread!

So I've just got my client set up and am about to log in for the first time since P1999 was still completely vanilla. My main character is a 31 (or so ) warrior named Tissamo, whose gear was good when I quit but will now be appallingly bad due to the expansions, etc. I'm posting because I'm hoping there's someone around who can maybe help me guild up with the goons in this thread, and maybe even some folks around this level who would be interested in doing a group or two somewhere to help me just remember how to play the game. In a tank role I feel like there's not much forgiveness for learning curve, but of course as a warrior soloing anything to get back into the groove is off the table. I would be down to go anywhere and do anything that's level appropriate. If I remember correctly I just finished Highkeep Basement with this character before I stopped playing those years back. That said, I played the game from 2000-2005 and tanked anything and everything back then up through PoP raids, so I'm hoping the mechanics and general feel will come back quickly. At the very least I've got the basic way the game works burned into my mind from those thousands of hours back in the day, so I'm unlikely to make too many heinous mistakes.

If anyone reads this post in the next few whiles, please send me a tell @ Tissamo. I'd appreciate having someone to chat with about the state of the game, the goon guild, and what zones are trendy in P1999 for early level 30s groupin' now that Velious and Kunark are live.

Happy hunting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Play on red!