Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Is it me or does that just look like a lot of footage from season 1? And I am disappointed that the Punisher is the only new character announced for the series.

It looked like entirely footage from season 1 until the last 30 seconds after you see the "Season 2" title card. The video is just mistitled badly, this is basically our first teaser of any footage, they won't have a full trailer this early, it only started filming a few months ago and isn't airing until next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Glad the priest is back.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gaz-L posted:

Uh... You missed Elektra? Or did you somehow know about her and miss the casting announcement for Castle?

They cast Electra? I didn't hear about that. I was confused because they telegraph Elektra pretty hard in season 1.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Sounds like everything I thought they were gonna cut from Jessica Jones so far they haven't!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Blockhouse posted:

Sounds like everything I thought they were gonna cut from Jessica Jones so far they haven't!

Considering Daredevil had everything but nudity, I'm not really surprised its got most of its heavier content intact.

Man thank god its weeks away and not months. Not even reading the spoilers and just reactions is making me want to watch it all RIGHT NOW.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

twistedmentat posted:

Considering Daredevil had everything but nudity, I'm not really surprised its got most of its heavier content intact.

Man thank god its weeks away and not months. Not even reading the spoilers and just reactions is making me want to watch it all RIGHT NOW.

The original Alias was Marvel Max and she had a loving potty mouth that Daredevil didn't in his tv show. I hope she cusses up a storm.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

twistedmentat posted:

They cast Electra? I didn't hear about that. I was confused because they telegraph Elektra pretty hard in season 1.

Elodie Yung

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Actual see-able version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmmFjIC1TAE

New footage starts at 1:30.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

zoux posted:

Actual see-able version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmmFjIC1TAE

New footage starts at 1:30.

Video is set to private. drat, someone must've caught it quit.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Wasn't a particularly revealing trailer aside from some references only people already in the know will get.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

notthegoatseguy posted:

Video is set to private. drat, someone must've caught it quit.

It's mirrored here - http://entertaintheidea.com/post/131021116408/father-why-do-i-still-feel-guilty-beg-and-watch

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wherein Mike Colter says the thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHsD3sVcn2g

He says in another part of the interview that he says it in both JJ and Luke Cage.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
^^^ So excited.

Maybe I missed it, do we have a pool goin for who's getting fridged this season on Arrow?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Captain Lance.

I posted about this in the TVIV thread, but Guggenheim said that the writing room itself isn't sure who's gonna be in the grave.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
How tied into the Flash and Arrow stories is LoT going to be?

Any chance that the grave thing will be a mid season plot and since LoT is about fixing timelines or w/e they can resurrect the dead character as part of that?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Main Arrow Villain Damien Darhk is going to be in all 3 shows apparently.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

MacheteZombie posted:

They each have multiple characters that are tied into the series. Captian Cold, Heatwave, other Canary, 1/2 Firestorm.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

MacheteZombie posted:

Any chance that the grave thing will be a mid season plot and since LoT is about fixing timelines or w/e they can resurrect the dead character as part of that?

Flash and Arrow set up the characters for LoT, but the LoT team is facing off against Vandal Savage, while Flash and Arrow are busy with Zoom and Dahrhkh.

Considering the writers (supposedly) don't know who's in the grave, I'd figure there's certainly a chance that it's a temporary thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

Wherein Mike Colter says the thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHsD3sVcn2g

He says in another part of the interview that he says it in both JJ and Luke Cage.

For some reason I never thought of him saying the line as anything but a shout, and it didn't seem like they could make it work.

It just didn't occur to me he can say it like that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

For some reason I never thought of him saying the line as anything but a shout, and it didn't seem like they could make it work.

It just didn't occur to me he can say it like that.

It helps that he has a deep velvety voice.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I absolutely cannot muster up a single ounce of enthusiasm for LoT, but I have a ton for Supergirl, whats wrong with me?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

twistedmentat posted:

I absolutely cannot muster up a single ounce of enthusiasm for LoT, but I have a ton for Supergirl, whats wrong with me?

Perhaps you only like the shittiest of lovely dialogue?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I am clueless as to why anyone would want to tune in to Supergirl.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

I am clueless as to why anyone would want to tune in to Supergirl.

I don't think its that. I think its because I find none of the characters in LoT interesting at all (In the show not in general) and the trailer turned me off by going on about how profound these people's actions were.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There are reports that Seth Rogen is also working on turning The Boys into a tv show. To which I say ugh.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

There are reports that Seth Rogen is also working on turning The Boys into a tv show. To which I say ugh.

I guess all those good reviews for Steve Jobs made Rogen feel like he had too much respect and he needs to shed some of it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

muscles like this? posted:

If he gets Simon Pegg than I'm all for it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
There's no way Supergirl's writing will be as lovely as LoT. LoT is gonna be really bad CW adventure writing. It's trailer has just as many bad lines it was just targeted at your demographic.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

greatn posted:

There's no way Supergirl's writing will be as lovely as LoT. LoT is gonna be really bad CW adventure writing. It's trailer has just as many bad lines it was just targeted at your demographic.

I've seen the pilot of Supergirl and the writing is much worse than anything on the CW shows. You have to remember the same people are behind it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That's a pilot though. I'm sure the LoT will be just as bad but filled with fanservice and bad action scenes so no one will notice.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

greatn posted:

Why do you think Supergirl will be above any of that? Just because it airs on CBS? The people making the show are the same making the CW stuff, and CBS part owns CW anyway. The best you can hope for is that CBS grants them slightly higher budgets for action scenes. I don't see why the writing would magically significantly improve on one show and not others, unless you are expecting a bunch of people to get fired off of SG before the second half of the season is written.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
They will both be equally good or bad, but because LoT is targetted specifically at dudes who are nerds, it will be judged less harshly than SG.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Error 404 posted:

They will both be equally good or bad, but because LoT is targetted specifically at dudes who are nerds, it will be judged less harshly than SG.

This is basically what I'm saying. I think also the scope of it will be smaller, while the concept of the super team is too large in scope to be handled well in live action on a Jr. network.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

X-O posted:

The shittiest of lovely dialogue is the defining characteristic of the entire DCTVU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So did CW TV just adopt a policy of "kill every bad guy ever" for The Flash or what?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Ah yes, Sandman, my old for, I've clashes with him lots of times. There's only one way to beat him, by throwing lightning at him, which I've never done before because I was never fast enough. However I'm going to teach you how to do it because I don't know you're probably fast enough? And I guess I know speed tricks I myself have never been able to do?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

YOU BETTER NOT BE loving WITH ME HERE BUD.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

greatn posted:

Ah yes, Sandman, my old for, I've clashes with him lots of times. There's only one way to beat him, by throwing lightning at him, which I've never done before because I was never fast enough. However I'm going to teach you how to do it because I don't know you're probably fast enough? And I guess I know speed tricks I myself have never been able to do?

Almost like he was fighting another speedster that might be more powerful than he was...

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

As much as I want this to be real, it's from El Mayimbe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Oh god please...