Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Those video comments are something else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Few if any will care but Brendan Schaub said on both Rogan's and his podcast with Bryan Callen that he's done with fighting and the UFC. He's moving on and focusing on his podcast and trying to launch a larger entertainment career, I guess he has a movie role lined up that 's shooting soon, and they've started doing live shows based on the podcast. If he really took a massive hit by losing his sponsor money it makes sense that he wouldn't want to sign the Reebok deal and risk brain damage if he gets Travis Browne'd again when he can make more money without being punched in the face.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I wish him the best but i hope i am never forced to see or hear or be made aware of anything he does in his "entertainment career"

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
maybe he can get knocked out doing stunts in jackass

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Since he's retired from the UFC, Schaub should be ready to take on Fedor at NYE

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

You know what? Good for him.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

manyak posted:

I wish him the best but i hope i am never forced to see or hear or be made aware of anything he does in his "entertainment career"

Yeah

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Fighter and the kid starring a guy who doesn't fight anymore and a 48-year-old man

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
He deserves that money for keeping Bryan Callen out of the rest of societies hair for a chunk of the day.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If we're going to be honest, can we really call what Brendan Schaub did "fighting"?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Aurain posted:

If we're going to be honest, can we really call what Brendan Schaub did "fighting"?

Performance art.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Skip My Posts posted:

Fighter and the kid starring a guy who doesn't fight anymore and a 48-year-old man

I lol'd.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

CommonShore posted:

Performance art.

He gets KO'd like he's a glitch in EA UFC.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
even brendan schaub's reptilian brain wanted to hug ben rothwell for knocking out brendan schaub. it's cute.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

Hahah

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

CommonShore posted:

Performance art.

Getting punched in the throat like that must loving suck.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Intel&Sebastian posted:

That relationship is going to fall apart as soon as he explains what he really meant about the time he saw Bigfoot and then had his memory mysteriously erased.

would a kind poster please explain this joke to me? thank you in advance

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

NickRoweFillea posted:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Ronda thinks

https://youtu.be/hAAlDoAtV7Y

But really it's

https://youtu.be/vY_0Klwx3tE

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

NickRoweFillea posted:

There's a fighter nicknamed Bigfoot and he fought him and he lost the fight. But the humor comes from the fact that Bigfoot is also a monster and sometimes people who might care about Bigfoot also have seen the movie men in black where will smith takes people's memories.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CommonShore posted:

Performance art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sG3uYg17ts

UFC put this fight up for free a couple of days ago too.

It's beautiful. :allears:

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Rogan was mystified that Browne somehow managed to mount Abu Schaubi

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Rothwell vs Miocic is off the dublin card because Miocic is injured. that has to be now weakest card in terms of name value in a while

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Mermaid Helwani is saying Miocic is injured and out of the Rothwell fight. No word on if a replacement is scheduled since it's only 11 days away.

My theory: Stipe is running scared since he knows Big Ben is on a path towards glory and destruction.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The Dark Lord can't be stopped and Stipe got his tail between his legs.

Also that sucks because it already makes a fairly tiny card at 12 fights cut down to 11.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

mewse
May 2, 2006

I'm glad Rothwell is trying to promote himself.. but it's funny how bad he is at it, vs a guy like Sonnen

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

acai moonsault posted:

Rothwell vs Miocic is off the dublin card because Miocic is injured. that has to be now weakest card in terms of name value in a while

that majorly sucks, but for a Fight Pass card seeing Poirier vs Duffy, Paddy Holohan vs Smolka, and Seery vs who gives a poo poo will still all be fun fights to watch. Much better than usual Fight Pass cards even without the greatest heavyweight match of the century.

If they can get him I'd like that Ruslan Magomedov guy to fight Rothwell since he's an undefeated* heavyweight with some of the most plodding decision victories recently while Rothwell has some of the most exciting heavyweight fights.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I like Neil Seery fights because they're basically like watching your tough old dockworking uncle who knows how to box (who's also a midget) in cage fights.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Would be cool to see Big Ben beat the poo poo out of Travis Browne or something.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
rothwells a roider

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"The Tsunami of Rothwell" is what happens when his fat rear end gets in a jacuzzi.

mewse
May 2, 2006

attackmole posted:

I like Neil Seery fights because they're basically like watching your tough old dockworking uncle who knows how to box (who's also a midget) in cage fights.

He actually works in a warehouse

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Hah, Matt Mittrione wants a rematch.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

mewse posted:

I'm glad Rothwell is trying to promote himself.. but it's funny how bad he is at it, vs a guy like Sonnen

Actually, if you look closely, you will see he owns and is great

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Le Saboteur posted:

Hah, Matt Mittrione wants a rematch.

mattmitrione posted:

Just heard Stipe is out. If y'all need a fighter, lemme finish what I started a @RothwellFighter & then I'll fight @travisbrowneMMA in Jan

RothwellFighter posted:

' @mattmitrione problem is I finished that already Now @travisbrowneMMA by all means please take the fight

lol

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I'd love to see Big Ben pull some other ridiculous choke on Mitrione

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Matt Mitrione really needs to get the talk Joe Rogan gave Schaub.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
He's only been knocked out once whereas Schaub has been knocked out four times and a few of them were pretty brutal. Plus all that training with Carwin...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

That Big Ben KO is one of the most brutal knockouts I've ever seen in terms of the effect on the victim. It looked like he was trying to wrestle angels or something.

• Locked thread