Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Y'all:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyZ9l8anS9I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
People new to Quantico may ask: are these people spies, terrorists or fifth-column gamergaters?

The answer is yes.

I am literally counting down to the show's first quadruple agent.

It's like Axe Cop, but with a female FBI cadet.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Irish Joe posted:

P.S. having a young person list social media networks to an older person isn't a joke. I know it seems like a joke because you have the old person act confused, but its missing the essential elements of a joke such as 1) a set-up, 2) a punchline, or 3) a humorous subversion of expectations.

A young person listing social media networks to an older person should be in a lunchables or go-gurt ad about how parents just don't understand the modern responsibilities of being a Becomer.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
As the FBI is internally focused why would you infiltrate it instead of the CIA

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

corn in the bible posted:

As the FBI is internally focused why would you infiltrate it instead of the CIA

Because your operations fall more under the purview of the FBI and not the CIA, like the Mafia?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Well THAT sucks. I was hoping Quantico would improve, mainly for selfish aesthetic reasons, because Priyanka Chopra is gorgeous. But oh well. I have The Walking Dead to take its place now. Not a total loss.

I still have to catch Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and see if it's any good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I actually thought last season of TWD was its best one so far but I'm sure that a bunch of tastemakers are about to pile in here to tell me how Z Nation is the superior show.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

zoux posted:

I actually thought last season of TWD was its best one so far but I'm sure that a bunch of tastemakers are about to pile in here to tell me how Z Nation is the superior show.
In the most recent TWD, they deal with a horde of zombies by letting them free.

In the most recent Z Nation, they deal with a horde of zombies by smashing them with a giant wheel of cheese.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

Bravo, lovely sci-fi show no one watches. Bravo :golfclap:

I think you accidentally pasted in your DVR list there, Joe.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know if it has aired the last episode in Canada to turn it all around but this final season of Continuum has been kind of blah.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

muscles like this? posted:

I don't know if it has aired the last episode in Canada to turn it all around but this final season of Continuum has been kind of blah.

Not surprised since the budget was slashed pretty dramatically and they only had 6 episodes to wrap everything up.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Slamhound posted:

In the most recent Z Nation, they deal with a horde of zombies by smashing them with a giant wheel of cheese.

Also the giant cheese wheel is going to keep rolling until it hits the mississippi because gently caress yeah it is!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

zoux posted:

I never understood that. I mean, for certain shows, you can do basis of comparison. But Z Nation is a horror-comedy-drama. The Walking Dead is straight up horror-drama. And if you want to tie every other "zombie" show, iZombie is comedy-crime-horror and coming up Ash vs Evil Dead is horror-comedy. All these shows have different zombie types too. It's peas and carrots. Just watch the shows.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

IRQ posted:

Also the giant cheese wheel is going to keep rolling until it hits the mississippi because gently caress yeah it is!

i hope the cheese somehow makes it's way to Qualls

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

muscles like this? posted:

One thing I thought was really funny was how there was the scene where Vega was driving to the bad guy's house at the end and she was talking to the tech lady on the phone and the phone call was displayed on the car's windshield covering up the entire right half of it. That doesn't exactly seem super safe.

Another thing I thought was kind of bizarre is how Dash is supposed to be working with the cops as a tech for their crime prediction thing but apparently they decided that this means he doesn't actually have to do any work and they can just run around being cops with no oversight.
Yeah those were all kinda dumb. But mostly despite that I think it was the show's best episode because they weren't shoving new gadgets in your face the whole time and the male lead got something to do other than look sad the whole time (I swear he always looks like he's about to cry).

The show is super loving dead though.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Is Quantico just that one season of Nikita where Alex was undercover in assassin high school but stretched into a whole show? Because that's all I can think of when I see the commercials.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

VDay posted:

Is Quantico just that one season of Nikita where Alex was undercover in assassin high school but stretched into a whole show? Because that's all I can think of when I see the commercials.
Each character has six dossiers of secrets and is working for another person in the shadows, and wants to gently caress one of the other members - and inevitably will at some point.

Their superiors/teachers subject them to tasks straight out of a reality show.

If you see the promos, you'll also find that they undercut the argument of the show being empowering to women

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVBvY-SmsyI

I can totally accept hot people schuping each other - as a concept, Shonda Rhimes TV is not my bag - but it's such a bummer to have an historic Indian actress lead a show and have it be as exploitative as that BS.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Quantico is not technically a Shondaland show, btw.

It just happens to be very much Greys Anatomy/How to Get Away With Murder-ish quite a bit though.

edit: Quantico just got 6 more episodes ordered today.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Sober posted:

Quantico is not a Shondaland show, btw.

It just happens to be very much Greys Anatomy/How to Get Away With Murder-ish quite a bit though.
It's not by Rhimes, but it's straight-up the same format - on ABC.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Congrats to Minority Report for finding the bottom of the pit and not losing any demo viewers from last week.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

On this week's episode of Minority Report Agatha used her future powers to kill a guy. Like a big piece of conflict is that Agatha sees them being locked up again but so far the show hasn't painted a very good picture of her or Arthur, who uses his ability to cheat the stock market and steal identities.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Twenty minutes into Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and I think I'm in heavy like with it. I never heard of Rachel Bloom before this but her wide-eyed, twisted ingénue is a great character to follow into this world, and Marc Webb is KILLING IT on pilot direction.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DivisionPost posted:

Twenty minutes into Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and I think I'm in heavy like with it. I never heard of Rachel Bloom before this but her wide-eyed, twisted ingénue is a great character to follow into this world, and Marc Webb is KILLING IT on pilot direction.

Don't like it too much.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Seriously. It got a 0.3

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
^^^Well, poo poo.

zoux posted:

Don't like it too much.

DOA in the ratings? Or was that "whoosh" sound I just heard above my head significant?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DivisionPost posted:

DOA in the ratings? Or was that "whoosh" sound I just heard above my head significant?

See above.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

The fact that John Rhys-Davis is in this an an elf makes me happy in a weird way.

DivisionPost posted:

I'm not sure if it will be really good or really bad but the random rap dude apologizing to his dancers makes the show for me, also the getting ready for a date song.

I'd honestly like my name is Earl type show but starting a Suge Knight type guy trying to make up for his misdeeds.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

See above.

Yeah, as a title, "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" certainly doesn't sound like it focuses on the kind of character you want to spend time with. I honestly wouldn't have watched it except I heard (or thought I heard) some random praise for it from a smattering of critics, and then Mara Wilson (if you're on Twitter and you're not following her, you're doing Twitter wrong) started plugging it as well, so I said "gently caress it."

And it's paying off so far! Hopefully they can get through the whole order and bring it in for a landing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jane the Virgin only posted a .4 but I don't know how that compares to last year.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

sbaldrick posted:

I'm not sure if it will be really good or really bad but the random rap dude apologizing to his dancers makes the show for me, also the getting ready for a date song.

It was the blood spatter after she waxed her area that did me in during that song.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

sbaldrick posted:

I'd honestly like my name is Earl type show but starting a Suge Knight type guy trying to make up for his misdeeds.

Can it be Crabman?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

Jane the Virgin only posted a .4 but I don't know how that compares to last year.

Its on the low end, but the first season did between a 0.6 and a 0.4. Remember, you're talking about the CW. That's the network that renewed Penn and Teller's Fool Us because it was a smash hit at a 0.5.

Speaking of which, this guy is amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAN-PwRfJcA

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
Breaking: Fox to pull Minority Report and replace it with reruns of Drive (2007).

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Breaking: Fox to pull Minority Report and replace it with reruns of Drive (2007).

I liked Drive. :shobon:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It's a good thing Larry Wilmore couldn't get the name Minority Report because Fox had to run a shitshow for a half dozen episodes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

GreenNight posted:

It's a good thing Larry Wilmore couldn't get the name Minority Report because Fox had to run a shitshow for a half dozen episodes.

Yeah Wilmore's show should've been the failed show named Minority Report!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah! Wait.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

IRQ posted:

I liked Drive. :shobon:

Yeah... Me too. :smith:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GreenNight posted:

Yeah that's what's holding The Nightly Show back, the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Speaking of, what's the general opinion of the new Daily Show host guy.

• Locked thread