Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elsje
Nov 5, 2007

Wiseblood posted:

Is the D-pad acting weird for anyone else using a gamepad on PC? When I try to use it to navigate the inventory it goes all over the place.

In my case this was caused by the slightest movement of the mouse on my desktop whenever I touched my desktop. It also happened when playing Gwent. Putting the mouse aside fixed the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
So, which patch removed some of the talents being always active? Because right now I am running around with full slots and some maxed skills that I just cannot use, and levelling seems kinda pointless.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I played halfway through this when it first came out and just kinda...stopped. I enjoyed it, but I tend to burn out on open world stuff. Now that it's been patched around and there's DLC, I'd like to try to finish it. Do you think it would it make more sense to just start over or try to pick up where I left off?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Dongattack posted:

Crap, the DLC questline is level 62 on NG+, not yet then i guess!

gently caress. I'm level 39.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It's probably 8-9 hours for most people.

I'm 9 hours in, and I have played... half of it?
I mean, if you only do the main quest and skip dialogue as you can read the subs faster than the voice actors and play on normal, it will be brief. But there are new villages and ruins and caves to explore, new bandit hideouts and treasures, notes and books to explore, gwent games to win, side quests to complete, bosses to beat, new equipment to craft, etc.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Fhqwhgads posted:

I played halfway through this when it first came out and just kinda...stopped. I enjoyed it, but I tend to burn out on open world stuff. Now that it's been patched around and there's DLC, I'd like to try to finish it. Do you think it would it make more sense to just start over or try to pick up where I left off?

Halfway? What part of the main quest and how much of the major zones (Velen, Novigrad, Skellige) have you done?

To my knowledge most of the patching has been fixes and the new content you can do whenever, there's no missing it. So no real point in starting from scratch, I don't think.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
I want the DLC, but I have an arab copy of the game and I don't feel like paying 20-60% markup on an arab PSN store card. I'm very sad, especially if they release some kind of plot relevant DLC.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Recently I've tended to only play games like this on the weekends. I prefer having a large block of uninterrupted time for stuff like this.

I'm going to need to play this more often or there is no way I'll finish before Fallout 4 releases.

I'm currently level 23 and doing side quests on Skellige. The current main quest is Ugly Baby which I haven't started yet.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
Ugh, 1.10 has a slew of new quest bugs. Wolf armour quest is bugged, guess I can just go back to it later. CDProjekt has been pretty good about fixing the quest bugs so far, though.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Voxx posted:

Ugh, 1.10 has a slew of new quest bugs. Wolf armour quest is bugged, guess I can just go back to it later. CDProjekt has been pretty good about fixing the quest bugs so far, though.

I did the Wolf armor quest with 1.10, it was one of the DLC that I hadn't played yet, and it was fine to me.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Inverness posted:

Recently I've tended to only play games like this on the weekends. I prefer having a large block of uninterrupted time for stuff like this.

I'm going to need to play this more often or there is no way I'll finish before Fallout 4 releases.

I'm currently level 23 and doing side quests on Skellige. The current main quest is Ugly Baby which I haven't started yet.

if you just focus in on the main story quests and ignore witcher contacts etc, the game is pretty generous with quest xp you can get to level 30 in a hurry.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Voxx posted:

What do you mean by bugged? You have to progress the main questline before you can travel to Kaer Moren

I had a bunch of problems with triss getting stuck in her now or never questline, kept getting hung up on doorways or on beggars in the street, had to reload a few times to fix it

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 13, 2015

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Willfrey posted:

What do you mean by bugged? You have to progress the main questline before you can travel to Kaer Moren

I had a bunch of problems with triss getting stuck in her now or never questline, kept getting hung up on doorways or on beggars in the street, had to reload a few times to fix it

The crystal on the ledge you need for the portal doesn't spawn, no matter how many reloads.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Anyone know if I can use any of the auction items for quests? I sold the picture but I still got the glasses (which if nothing else makes Geralt look pretty dorky when equipping them) and the falcon statuette is marked as a quest item

The new rune crafting mechanic seems pretty underwhelming. For 30000 crowns I expected some awesome stuff but there's nothing my "slice everything fast while spamming quen" playstyle really needs that bad. I also assume the new effect overrides the old ones so no more bleeding/freezing etc on swords.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 13, 2015

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Wiseblood posted:

Is the D-pad acting weird for anyone else using a gamepad on PC? When I try to use it to navigate the inventory it goes all over the place.

Anyone else having this issue since 1.10 or the new dlc? It's really irritating and I can't find a fix for it anywhere, even though it's probably something really simple that I should have worked out by now.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I felt like none of them were useful for my alchemy heavy playstyle. One of the only ones related to alchemy was make your toxicity go down really fast which is the dumbest thing you could do with alchemy.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well dang I wasn't expecting to come back to this game but the DLC looks rad as hell.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Anyone know of a mod that makes all witcher gear look like the Ursine armor and still works with NG+? I want to try a heavy sign build and a full melee build, but their armors are so ug.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Xarn posted:

So, which patch removed some of the talents being always active? Because right now I am running around with full slots and some maxed skills that I just cannot use, and levelling seems kinda pointless.

I wish that the dlc added another sink for talent points. I have like 10+ unused because there is nothing to spend them on since I have everything I want maxed.

ymgve posted:

Anyone know if I can use any of the auction items for quests? I sold the picture but I still got the glasses (which if nothing else makes Geralt look pretty dorky when equipping them) and the falcon statuette is marked as a quest item

I think the last one is for Triss. Shame she disappears in the postgame. I'm curious as to what the reward is.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

ymgve posted:

Have the statuette disassembled.

Are there locations for the new gwent cards yet? I couldn't find the cow one. :saddowns:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Have the statuette disassembled.

Are there locations for the new gwent cards yet? I couldn't find the cow one. :saddowns:

What was the reward?

And the cow gwent card is found on the 2nd floor of the barn during the wedding quest. It's on the ground.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

What was the reward?

And the cow gwent card is found on the 2nd floor of the barn during the wedding quest. It's on the ground.

It's a chest of random loot at a ruin that's way out of the way, guarded by an Ancient Leshen. I'd rather have set the statuette up in Dandelion's inn, along with that painting.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

How is the DLC quality and number of bugs in 1.10/DLC? Considering giving it a go (PC platform).

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
Kinda curious about something - I went into the expansion on my post-ending save, is it different if you finish this first and then go for the ending? Can anything change?

Bastard Man
Nov 15, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

pmchem posted:

How is the DLC quality and number of bugs in 1.10/DLC? Considering giving it a go (PC platform).

1.10 was fine for me until today. Now it's broken as gently caress. Human NPCs don't die. I can lower their health to zero but the actual death doesn't trigger. I have Hearts of Stone but haven't started it yet, maybe starting it would fix it but not gonna bother trying right now.

E: Sorry I'm dumb, I'm on PS4 not PC

Bastard Man fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Oct 14, 2015

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So how do I tell what Gwent cards I don't have in game? I thought that was a thing...

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So how do I tell what Gwent cards I don't have in game? I thought that was a thing...

It's not a thing.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Finished the game. Best 70 hours i've spent in a while. Dove into new game+ only to find out that Gwent cards don't carry across, and quit immediately.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

iRend posted:

Finished the game. Best 70 hours i've spent in a while. Dove into new game+ only to find out that Gwent cards don't carry across, and quit immediately.

Gwent cards should have 100% carried over so you can use the monster and elf decks earlier on.

edit: I meant ng+ should have carried them over but cdprojeckt decided against that. currently it does not which is stupid.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 14, 2015

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Gwent cards should have 100% carried over so you can use the monster and elf decks earlier on.

Maybe it's only in the tutorial Gwent game my full set isn't available? Better dive in.

e: my gwent deck is basically empty and a quick google says Gwent cards won't carry over, sooo..

iRend fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Oct 14, 2015

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

iRend posted:

Maybe it's only in the tutorial Gwent game my full set isn't available? Better dive in.
No, Gwent cards don't carry over. (Unless they changed this in 1.10)

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Without a Trace side quest: what the fuuuuuuck, man. That's some bleak poo poo.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Does the DLC have some cool new armor and loot?

tehgrif
Apr 3, 2009

Thought the DLC was pretty great for a $9 thing. I wish more companies were willing to put out the kind of content that CDPR does for these prices.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I was putting this off because I've been so slow playing I'm only like 12ish, but apparently you can just start a Hearts of Stone run with a premade 30something dude, so I guess I'll check this out after all (I got the season pass so it's already there). More games like this should have that option.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
So on Death March at least, CDPR went with the DLC balancing strategy of "Make every enemy have a poo poo ton of health and they all kill you in three hits". That's kind of annoying!

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Jetfire posted:

Without a Trace side quest: what the fuuuuuuck, man. That's some bleak poo poo.

Ok, I totally feel like I missed something with that quest.

Followed the trail, got to the "odd" village. Spoke with the "odd" villagers...figured it'd lead into some sort of horrible monster/demon hunt...but it didn't?

:confused:

The guy just went back into the woods to pick herbs, died and that's it?

Was there some hint in the village I missed? I found blood in the one house.

Or is this CDprojekt subverting my Witcher-expectations? :haw:

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Snuffman posted:

Ok, I totally feel like I missed something with that quest.

Followed the trail, got to the "odd" village. Spoke with the "odd" villagers...figured it'd lead into some sort of horrible monster/demon hunt...but it didn't?

:confused:

The guy just went back into the woods to pick herbs, died and that's it?

Was there some hint in the village I missed? I found blood in the one house.

Or is this CDprojekt subverting my Witcher-expectations? :haw:

Check behind the old couples house with your Witcher senses.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Ugh this Ofieri Mage fight sucks. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Artelier posted:

Ugh this Ofieri Mage fight sucks. :(

Have you tried throwing a dimeritium bomb at him?