Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, Apollo sucked because the plot was just about phoenix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
But what he did in Dual Destinies was good. Pretty good. So good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Approximately 10 years ago, I walked into a Gamestop and bought some weird game about anime lawyers.

My life has never been the same since.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Man I didn't even hear of them until 2 years later when a friend told me I had to check out this weird game. I played through the first case on his DS and immediately informed him I was stealing it for a while.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Volt Catfish posted:

Om this day, ten years ago, Ace Attorney 1 was released in America.

Can't believe it's been this long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSmZt2mQSrI

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Volt Catfish posted:

Om this day, ten years ago, Ace Attorney 1 was released in America.

Can't believe it's been this long.

I still remember asking my uncle to drive me to the store so I could get a game about being an attorney. He was very confused.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
A tiny bit more news.

Apparently the game takes place in both Kurain(starring Phoenix) and Japanifornia(starring Apollo). I'm sure the plot will make that make sense somehow.

Also, Gaspen Payne is chief prosecutor of Kurain. :allears:

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 13, 2015

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

that means more Athena which is Good

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Athena died after AA5 and will not be in this game. Sorry.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I WANT SWIMSUIT OUTFITS FOR ALL

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Haifisch posted:

So the only way he could get a respectable law career after being exposed as a corrupt prosecutor was taking a job in a kangaroo court, at which point they made him the head kangaroo.

Sounds about right.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Haifisch posted:

Apparently the game takes place in both Kurain(starring Phoenix) and Japanifornia(starring Apollo). I'm sure the plot will make that make sense somehow.
Once again, Apollo/Athena/Trucy's side of the plot will be law-themed Home Alone.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Haifisch posted:

A tiny bit more news.

Oh God yessss! :allears:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Haifisch posted:

A tiny bit more news.

Super mad that Phoenix is not taking his kids with him on his vacation. :colbert:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Maybe in this game somebody will be a responsible enough adult to tell apollo his sister exists and lives at the law office he works for

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

first step would be the writers remembering she exists

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

come out, my ghost post

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

whoa that poo poo was weird

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Haifisch posted:

I hope this means we'll get two stories and more cases than usual.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I'm going to buy both Ace Attorney: Red and Ace Attorney: Blue.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
After Dai Gyakuten Saiban I just hope they finish the game this time.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I hope Athena is in AA6. I really liked how in AA5 if actually felt like you were a small little law firm instead of just some dude in a suit and a teenaged girl.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Super mad that Phoenix is not taking his kids with him on his vacation. :colbert:

Phoenix realizes that three kids are way above his level of parenting and runs away, spends his sabbatical slowly learning that he's really a good dad in the end and it'll turn out fine.

Then he returns to Japanifornia and Apollo, Athena, and Trucy have burned the offices to the ground.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Raxivace posted:

I hope Athena is in AA6. I really liked how in AA5 if actually felt like you were a small little law firm instead of just some dude in a suit and a teenaged girl.

Seconding this. Now that we actually have more than 1 lawyer, I'd love to see some focus going around for all of them now. (Besides, I liked the dynamic between Apollo and Athena and how good they worked together, regardless of which one of them was the main attorney for the case they worked on.)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Raxivace posted:

I imagine she's going to be Apollo's co-council. Maybe taking over when Apollo inevitably gets arrested for murder. Which is bound to happen sooner or later.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I imagine she's going to be Apollo's co-council. Maybe taking over when Apollo inevitably gets arrested for murder. Which is bound to happen sooner or later.

This is an important rite of passage for employees in the Wright Anything Agency.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Framed by Zak Gramarye, as channeled by a rogue spirit medium, so as to make sure Trucy inherits the title of Top Magician, all the while nobody has any idea what he's talking about or why he's doing anything.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

This is an important rite of passage for everyone

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

But really, I want Apollo and Athena to take cases together. The way they work as a team just feels so right and they kinda make each other into better characters overall (and it'd be really neat if they take on a case where the client fools them Matt Engarde-style and see how they react to taking on a client like that).

But also because I ship them about as much as I ship Maya and Phoenix because I'm an ultragoon and am total trash. :v:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Funky Valentine posted:

This is an important rite of passage for employees in the Wright Anything Agency.

He got his boss put on trial in his very first case. Clearly he's ahead of the curve.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
That's why Apollo has to do all the bitch work in the office; he hasn't been properly hazed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Apollo's still an intern.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
athena is apollo's boss when phoenix is away

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

At least Apollo outranks Trucy.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

athena is apollo's boss when phoenix is away

It's probably Trucy actually.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
This series is really cool. I just bought the trilogy when it was on sale and now I'm at case 3 of Dual Destinies. But flipping through the thread a bit, some people don't like Blackquill even though he's a cool faux-samurai man that tells bad dad jokes and insane prison anecdotes, and is generally a nice contrast to the other ones I've seen since he's just a dude doing his job competently that doesn't hold palpable contempt to the player like Godot did. Or help obviously innocent people nearly get convicted. I don't get it. :confused:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

At least Apollo outranks Trucy.

Are you sure about that?

Trucy had a marketable profession before Phoenix.

Meaning she was the first person at the firm.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
You're all wrong, Charley is the boss.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The hierarchy is as follows:

- Phoenix
- Charley
- Mia's ghost
- Maya
- Trucy
- Pearl
- Athena
- Larry Butz
- Scruffy, the janitor
- Apollo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Apollo didn't even get to go to the aquarium. He's not even on the hierarchy.

• Locked thread