Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
My fav was when Dodson hit Jonny Bedford so hard on TUF he forgot what state he was in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

fatherdog posted:

[url=https://twitter.com/mattmitrione/status/654006745535238144]

[url=https://twitter.com/RothwellFighter/status/654007535586922497]

lol

This logically ends with Ronda Rousey dating Ben Rothwell, and I support this.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Intel&Sebastian posted:

My fav was when Dodson hit Jonny Bedford so hard on TUF he forgot what state he was in.

Dodson has cool rear end KOs including the one of Dillashaw where he turned him into a marionette.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

hahaha, eat poo poo mitrione

red19fire
May 26, 2010

mewse posted:

I'm glad Rothwell is trying to promote himself.. but it's funny how bad he is at it, vs a guy like Sonnen

Sonnen should just be a fighter's self-promotion consultant. Pay him to plan out their trash talk, tweets and post fight speeches. He should be at least as good as Dolce at selling lies.

Le Saboteur posted:

That Big Ben KO is one of the most brutal knockouts I've ever seen in terms of the effect on the victim. It looked like he was trying to wrestle angels or something.

Someone made the funniest gif of his soul leaving his body and him reaching out to get it back, I'll try to find it.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

Matt Mitrione really needs to get the talk Joe Rogan gave Schaub.

A big part of Joe Rogan's truth bomb on Schaub was that Schaub has merit as a human being outside of the cage, which doesn't apply to Mitrione at all

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
I'm not sure who is hyping it, but Nick Diaz picked up about 10,000 signatures on his WH petition in the last couple days. Roughly 13,000 to go by Friday.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

red19fire posted:

Sonnen should just be a fighter's self-promotion consultant. Pay him to plan out their trash talk, tweets and post fight speeches. He should be at least as good as Dolce at selling lies.

Someone made the funniest gif of his soul leaving his body and him reaching out to get it back, I'll try to find it.

Take your pick:

http://middleeasy.com/component/content/article/34-news/mma/7825-and-the-brendan-schaub-post-ko-antics-romoshops-are-in

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

romoshops

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

mewse posted:

A big part of Joe Rogan's truth bomb on Schaub was that Schaub has merit as a human being outside of the cage

He does?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
well, there goes Miocic's one chance to make an impression in HW, he'll be lucky if anyone at all remembers his name by the time his injury heals

mewse
May 2, 2006

He has a successful podcast worth tens of dollars

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Iirc they have a TV deal and will be doing a live version of the podcast in the fall.

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015
I forgot how awesome the Schaub KO gifs are. Thank you kind sir.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brendan Schaub is kind of dumb but there's no reason to downplay his success as an MMA media personality. At least, I think he's less annoying than Ariel.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

What I am trying to say is, I am trying to rationalize the fact that I bought one of Schaub's Abbot Kinney Fight Club t-shirts because it's totally ironic and I have terrible taste.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
this dog poo poo is white and dry, but at least it doesn't do this thing where it pretends to have interpersonal conflicts with the other dog shits awkwardly

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Triticum Guzzler posted:

this dog poo poo is white and dry, but at least it doesn't do this thing where it pretends to have interpersonal conflicts with the other dog shits awkwardly

Yes.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The free Rothwell-Schaub video led me to another fun and short fight, featuring the stankiest legs I've seen in a while and Rogan almost losing his voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB5HFEpTVps

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

1st AD posted:

Brendan Schaub is kind of dumb but there's no reason to downplay his success as an MMA media personality. At least, I think he's less annoying than Ariel.

I listened to a couple minutes of Schaub with joe rogan and Bryan callen and those guys and came away from it thinking "well hes less stupid and annoying than the other guys", but i remembered if i wanted to listen to someone less stupid and annoying than Bryan callen or Bryan redband etc i could listen to literally anyone in the entire world

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.

he got punched so hard he turned into Joe Lauzon and Barao's lovechild

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

1st AD posted:

Is he really successful? I'm kind of confused how he makes so much money off nebulous podcast sponsorships when this forum is the only reason I know it exists.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

attackmole posted:

Is he really successful? I'm kind of confused how he makes so much money off nebulous podcast sponsorships when this forum is the only reason I know it exists.

enough that he'd give up being a terrible fighter for an amount of money that would be regarded as obscene when viewed strictly from the standpoint of talent. he also claims to be losing hundreds of thousands of dollars thanks to the reebok deal. my theory is that schaub has a genetic mutation that causes people to give him money he in no way deserves

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The free Rothwell-Schaub video led me to another fun and short fight, featuring the stankiest legs I've seen in a while and Rogan almost losing his voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB5HFEpTVps

I will never get tired of that last weird hop punch Browne throws while his brain dies.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Marching Powder posted:

enough that he'd give up being a terrible fighter for an amount of money that would be regarded as obscene when viewed strictly from the standpoint of talent. he also claims to be losing hundreds of thousands of dollars thanks to the reebok deal. my theory is that schaub has a genetic mutation that causes people to give him money he in no way deserves

my theory is he is full of poo poo regarding the amount of money he makes from his podcast and sponsors

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

my theory is he is full of poo poo regarding the amount of money he makes from his podcast and sponsors

Likely. But the fact remains that he's making some money from someone and that amount is and always has been too much

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Schaub is using the Reebok deal as a safe face measure so that it looks like he is retiring to take a stand and not because he repeatedly got his rear end knocked out brutally. Podcasts are not big money ventures, especially when you can't use them as free ad space for your other ventures (stand-up tours, TV appearances, etc).

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
He provided Rogan a list of his sponsors and what they paid him on a podcast after Dana claimed he was lying about getting screwed by the Reebok deal and it was a lot. I'm pretty sure him retiring is a combination of realizing he's going nowhere and the fact he's getting paid significantly less.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Oct 14, 2015

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He got hit so hard he saw Jesus and was in the spirit realm and he's still boring to listen to

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Seltzer posted:

He provided Rogan a list of his sponsors and what they paid him on a podcast after Dana claimed he was lying about getting screwed by the Reebok deal and it was a lot. I'm pretty sure him retiring is a combination of realizing he's going nowhere and the fact he's getting paid significantly less.

The evidence still came from the guy making the absurd claim right?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The Sphinxster posted:

The evidence still came from the guy making the absurd claim right?

If you want to believe that Brendan Schaub is smart enough to convincingly forge documents and that Dana White would not lie about screwing fighters over that's up to you.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Of course I have proof. All the figures are in this notepad that I wrote.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Schaub is using the Reebok deal as a safe face measure so that it looks like he is retiring to take a stand and not because he repeatedly got his rear end knocked out brutally. Podcasts are not big money ventures, especially when you can't use them as free ad space for your other ventures (stand-up tours, TV appearances, etc).

They just did an actual live show that supposedly sold out, they're already getting FS1 money for the podcast, they sell merch, and I believe whatever show they have going on cable this fall is part of Callen's development deal.

I guess I don't understand why people are so incredulous that he would choose to goof off on air instead of getting 30/30 to train hard for 2 months and then get KO'd.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I'm never going to listen to Schaub's podcast so I would have personally preferred to see him continue his fighting career and get brain damaged by fat guys for my entertainment.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Seltzer posted:

If you want to believe that Brendan Schaub is smart enough to convincingly forge documents and that Dana White would not lie about screwing fighters over that's up to you.

He only had to fool Joe Rogan tho.

edit: were there even actual documents? I mean a list of sponsors with numbers doesn't sound very official.

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 14, 2015

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Seltzer posted:

I don't think he provided proof as much as just said that he makes like over 100k per fight in sponsors, did he? Also proving things to the satisfaction of Joe Rogan seems like an easy thing to do anyway.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Nobody will even remember his name in a year

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

He emailed his tax info to Rogan. Again feel free to think Schaub is capable of forging that and that Dana isn't a liar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLqSu89GVL0

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I don't think anyone said Dana isn't a liar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Re-watching the Rothwell fight, Schaub hit a pretty nasty spinning elbow and then got clipped when he went for the kill. Rothwell looks ridiculous but he can really floor guys.

• Locked thread