Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
refleks
Nov 21, 2006

eschaton posted:

it's all really Denmark anyway isn't it?

yeah. we gave norway all the oil in return for a fugly princess for one of our inbred princes....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

yellow borders posted:

greens are the closest in stiffness to model ms but i think clears would actually probably be closer in """feel"". i havent tried either though so feel free to ignore my bad advice

jesus christ

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Just Buy Blues

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

how pro is the das keyboard 4 ultimate, on a scale of scrub to pro

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
pro

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
prosumer

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

so whats the pro option mr echopenis sir

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

so whats the pro option mr echopenis sir

http://www.amazon.com/Topre-Type-Heaven-104-key-Keyboard/dp/B00DGJALYW

it's not even particularly expensive!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
topre boards are high pro

das 4 is a good Boars but from the 4 onwards they often cheape out on switches so might not be cherry

the USB hub owns as does the volume knob

I like my WASD boars prams kul seems good too. those options are no frills cherry switch boards ..

you used a mechanical baord before?? what u looking for

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

are you drunk

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Yeah cherry is nice.... for a entry level keyboard. Topre is where its really at though.

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

my das 4 definitely has cherry mx blues in it

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
if you have access to real model Ms why would you care about what's close?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fayez Butts posted:

are you drunk

I wish

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

i use browns at work because i dont want to get fired

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i will type WHEN i want, WHERE i want, on GREENS, BLUES as the good lord himself intended

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I was going to say something like BLUES FOR THE BLUES GOD but then it occurred to me that I have no idea where the original quote is from

it's from a thing that I actually know nothing about

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
HAH board games with figurines get out of here you dweeb

*goes back to fawn over computer keyboards*

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

echinopsis coined blues clues club before he betrayed us for clears.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
you can get drop in cherry switches for your sanwa buttons now if you're into that

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Symbolic Butt posted:

I was going to say something like BLUES FOR THE BLUES GOD but then it occurred to me that I have no idea where the original quote is from

it's from a thing that I actually know nothing about
its me

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

A Yolo Wizard posted:

you can get drop in cherry switches for your sanwa buttons now if you're into that

OMG

pram
Jun 10, 2001
epic .. ?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jony neuemonic posted:

echinopsis coined blues clues club before he betrayed us for clears.

part of me wonders if what really did it for me was PBT vs ABS, the way my fingers glide over the PBT caps is hard to beat

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Beam springs you basic rear end motherfuckers

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
and while youre at it bring back the model T Ford

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

yard salad posted:

i use browns at work because i dont want to bother my coworkers

blues at home 'cause sorry honey clicky gotta click

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

im doing browns cause ill probably be living w people again soon and im not a sperg

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what's the cheapest good keyboard in your opinions

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

indigi posted:

what's the cheapest good keyboard in your opinions

used Apple Extended Keyboard II via eBay or your local tech resale shop that carries old Mac stuff

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
Might treat myself to a nice keyboard since i am about to turn 26 years old what is a good recommendation for someone living in teh world's rear end in a top hat (NZ) ?

I would like a mech keyboard for good feeling but i type extremely loudly on regular kwewyboards so im thinking something not too loud would be great if possible.

also, must have number pad thing

e: this maybe? http://www.playtech.co.nz/afawcs0139235/CATID=794/ID=26209/SID=657084629/productdetails.html

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that would be fine except the blue leds are ug as gently caress. your boars though man

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

eschaton posted:

if you have access to real model Ms why would you care about what's close?

winkey probably

Kind Friend
Sep 9, 2013

i bought a pok3r because of this thread. this better be worth it you fuckers.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

bobbilljim posted:

Might treat myself to a nice keyboard since i am about to turn 26 years old what is a good recommendation for someone living in teh world's rear end in a top hat (NZ) ?

I would like a mech keyboard for good feeling but i type extremely loudly on regular kwewyboards so im thinking something not too loud would be great if possible.

also, must have number pad thing

e: this maybe? http://www.playtech.co.nz/afawcs0139235/CATID=794/ID=26209/SID=657084629/productdetails.html

avoid blue LEDs if possible

you're not supposed to have that out in public though

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

is there a reaosn for teh blue led hate or what. cos liek my pc is emitting quite a bit of blu led action already anyway

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

bobbilljim posted:

is there a reaosn for teh blue led hate or what. cos liek my pc is emitting quite a bit of blu led action already anyway

afaik higher power consumption and more harsh on the eyes

also probably some backlash still from when they first became commerically viable and you couldn't take a poo poo withou tsomebody puttin ga blue led in it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ugly as sin

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

duTrieux. posted:

harsh on the eyes

echinopsis posted:

ugly as sin

buncha manufacturers just shove them in there because blues are considered to be a "premium" color for some reason (think the LEDs cost slightly more than for other colors)

problem is that they are the loving worst for night vision which is just loving great considering why you'd have lit keys in teh first place

also, they tend to be excessively bright which is ok if you're trying to 2extreme rice out your board or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

duckfarts posted:

also, they tend to be excessively bright which is ok if you're trying to 2extreme rice out your board or something

• Locked thread