Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

IRQ posted:

Yeah that's what's holding The Nightly Show back, the name.

It's a better name :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

zoux posted:

Speaking of, what's the general opinion of the new Daily Show host guy.

It's still a show primarily designed for 12 year-olds, so he fits the niche nicely.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GreenNight posted:

It's a better name :colbert:

I can't disagree with that.

zoux posted:

Generally positive from what I've seen. I think he's doing really good for someone so new. Not a great interviewer yet but I usually shut these shows off before them anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

IRQ posted:

Yeah that's what's holding The Nightly Show back, the name.

To be fair it would stop him from trying to make "Tonightly" and "Goodnightly" things.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I'm told Trevor Noah's hot take on Fox News is setting the world on fire. Did you know Fox News anchors occasionally exaggerate the truth? Shocking!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Breaking: Fox to pull Minority Report and replace it with reruns of Drive (2007).

I would actually watch that so I know that's not true.

zoux posted:

I assume he's doing as good a job of reading jokes other people wrote as the last guy did since people aren't calling for his head.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

zoux posted:

He's not Jon, but he's smart and funny and I'm enjoying it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He hosed up an easy spit-take joke. The water just trickled out instead.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
My dad says that "that new kid ain't got the edge" so that's what the old people are saying about him hth

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Oh hey Manhattan's back tonight. Almost completely missed that.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I'm scared. I really think Scream Queens is my most favorite new show this year.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

bull3964 posted:

I'm scared. I really think Scream Queens is my most favorite new show this year.

You should see a doctor about that.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

bull3964 posted:

Don't be. It's been enough episodes that this season is probably going to be okay. Chad is the best part of that series.

dms666
Oct 17, 2005

It's Playoff Beard Time! Go Pens!
Has anyone watched The Bastard Executioner? Usually I give shows on FX a chance, but I just watched the 2 episode pilot and it was pretty boring. I was curious if it picks up at all.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Pan Dulce posted:

Don't be. It's been enough episodes that this season is probably going to be okay. Chad is the best part of that series.

I am having trouble defining the genre. It's like it goes right up to the edge of parody, but doesn't quite take that last leap.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

dms666 posted:

Has anyone watched The Bastard Executioner? Usually I give shows on FX a chance, but I just watched the 2 episode pilot and it was pretty boring. I was curious if it picks up at all.

Hahahaha nooooo. No it will not pick up. It will drive itself directly up it's own rear end like a reverse version of that snake eating it's own tail

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

dms666 posted:

I haven't watched more then the first two episodes but given its running at least 20 minutes over a show I don't think I need too.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

bull3964 posted:

HESTER!

Nice boobs!

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
SyFy cancels Dominion... A show I thought had been canceled long ago.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Bones has been airing for 11 loving years.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Mu Zeta posted:

Bones has been airing for 11 loving years.

And now it's crossing over with Sleepy Hollow.

No, really.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It already did Family Guy.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

hcreight posted:

And now it's crossing over with Sleepy Hollow.

No, really.

This can't be real

E: it... it is real :catstare:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is there a thread for The Grinder? A lot of references to Ray Donovan on tonights episode, I've never really seen a show reference something on another network like that before.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Theres no Ray Donovan thread right? I really like that show but I've never seen it mentioned here until now

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Isn't that on Season 2? That's usually when Showtime dramas poo poo the bed.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Mu Zeta posted:

Isn't that on Season 2? That's usually when Showtime dramas poo poo the bed.

I want to say season 3 just ended

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Fetus Tree posted:

I want to say season 3 just ended

Yeah, season 3 just finished, and Liev Schrieber should at least get an Emmy or Golden Globe nomination for that finale episode. Excellent work.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I would say at times Ray Donovan can be kind of silly but this last season had al swearengen. I'm not the type of guy that needs every show to be the wire or the shield or something but I think Ray Donovan stands on its own just fine

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Fact: Priyanka Chopra is very attractive

Also fact: She is a bad actress and Quantico is a terrible show

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fetus Tree posted:

I would say at times Ray Donovan can be kind of silly but this last season had al swearengen. I'm not the type of guy that needs every show to be the wire or the shield or something but I think Ray Donovan stands on its own just fine

I think it's as good as those two. The entire church arc is bonkers and so so so well executed. The kid actors are also incredible. Whoever is in charge of casting for Showtime's original stuff REALLY knows what to look for in young actors. Between Ray Donovan and Shameless everybody involved is on an entirely different level than child actors on any other network/show.

:siren:HUGE loving SPOILER DONT MOUSE OVER:siren:
I loved you, Ray*FUCKIN-BLAM*

ufarn
May 30, 2009

zoux posted:

He’s doing a great job in general. His comedic timing is really bad, and he doesn’t know when to move on from a joke to the next one, but he has plenty of time to learn. And his constant smiling and enthusiasm is contagious.

Either his writers are much better, or his fellow reporters just like the new energy around the office a lot more, because they’re knocking it out of the park.

The old Daily Show stopped being funny a while ago, and the new show is much better than the note the old one ended on.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

IRQ posted:

I can't disagree with that.

Generally positive from what I've seen. I think he's doing really good for someone so new. Not a great interviewer yet but I usually shut these shows off before them anyway.

That's not so bad considering Jon Stewart was the worst interviewer on TV.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I loved that Ta-Nehisi looked like someone who’d just been called the n-word, when Trevor Noah said he hadn’t pegged him for a comicbook guy.

There is no bigger insult to that guy than to his comicbook sensibilities.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Colbert going after that gamer demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg8d3TJzVl0

And Stephen Fry is quitting QI :O(

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Chain Reaction, starring Keanu Reeves and Morgan Freeman, got added to the 'flix, is it as cool as it looks?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

zoux posted:

Colbert going after that gamer demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg8d3TJzVl0

A couple weeks ago in lieu of a music guest one night he had No Man's Sky's developer on to do a demo of the game. It was kind of neat to see him tinker with the late night format like that.

He also had PewDiePie as a guest one night but let's just forget that happened.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hcreight posted:

A couple weeks ago in lieu of a music guest one night he had No Man's Sky's developer on to do a demo of the game. It was kind of neat to see him tinker with the late night format like that.

He also had PewDiePie as a guest one night but let's just forget that happened.

The pewdz is super popular though, so that's not terribly surprising.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I'm sure his replacement will be fine and all, but I don't know if I can watch a Fry-less QI :smith:
Next they're going to tell us that they're replacing the inappropriate light reggae intro music too.

IRQ posted:

I liked Drive. :shobon:

At first I thought they were just planning to show the Ryan Gosling movie every week in that timeslot, but Drive was the one about the ILLEGAL SECRET CROSS COUNTRY UNDERGROUND ROAD RACE, right?

zoux posted:

I like him and I think he makes the show feel less stale like it did toward the end of Stewart's run.
Some people in the thread get really angry that he does things like "smile" and "laugh"

raditts fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

At first I thought they were just planning to show the Ryan Gosling movie every week in that timeslot, but Drive was the one about the ILLEGAL SECRET CROSS COUNTRY UNDERGROUND ROAD RACE, right?

Yeah with Malcom Reynolds and also he didn't know why he was in the race.

Definitely did not like that movie.

• Locked thread