Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Amorphous Blob posted:

If Zoro ate even the lamest fruit he'd be straight better than Luffy and he could have totally kicked mingos rear end.

Zoro eats the stair stair fruit and immediately becomes useless because he hates himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

AnonSpore posted:

Zoro eats the stair stair fruit and immediately becomes useless because he hates himself

Builds a stairway to heaven. Kills Enel who's chilling on the moon.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
He'll get the Map-Map fruit and have no clue how to use it

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

anime was right posted:

yeah i really wish doffy had a swordsman or something that zoro could fight, and maybe even a cool power to go along with it. haha, that would have been loving cool... oh well

narrow this down to "I wish doffy had a cool [x]" and it sums up how I feel about the latter half of dressarosa

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

anime was right posted:

yeah i really wish doffy had a swordsman or something that zoro could fight, and maybe even a cool power to go along with it. haha, that would have been loving cool... oh well

this was dressrosa's biggest failing by far.

it would be cool if the crew encounter enemies where the leader was a swordsman so that Zoro got the lead fight in an arc

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I wanna see Doffy's eyes.

Oda specifically pointed out that his sunglasses were knocked off and denied me eyes.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

He's saving them for when my favorite character, Akira D Nobunaga, the inventor of the sharingan and haki, reveals himself as Doflamingos father.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also, I can't get over Whitebeard's family name being Edward. I thought he was just an exception to the rule!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Jose posted:

this was dressrosa's biggest failing by far.

it would be cool if the crew encounter enemies where the leader was a swordsman so that Zoro got the lead fight in an arc

Zoro was willing to stand by and let Luffy fight Isshou at the end of Dressrosa even though he uses a sword in conjunction with his gravity powers. Even if there were a main enemy with a sword, Luffy would still fight him because Luffy always fights the big guy. It's his actual job on the crew as it's captain, as he stated in Arlong Park: to beat the guys no-one else can. Even if you think Zoro could take them, Luffy still would regardless.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

You know I'm starting to think Zoro hasn't been taking things seriously at ALL post timeskip. He didn't even notice all the drama and destruction in Dressrosa. He was just like "ah that rock giant was a good fight. I bet that blind guy would be too."

I'm thinking Mihawk helped him get a lot stronger than Oda is letting on.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

tsob posted:

Zoro was willing to stand by and let Luffy fight Isshou at the end of Dressrosa even though he uses a sword in conjunction with his gravity powers. Even if there were a main enemy with a sword, Luffy would still fight him because Luffy always fights the big guy. It's his actual job on the crew as it's captain, as he stated in Arlong Park: to beat the guys no-one else can. Even if you think Zoro could take them, Luffy still would regardless.

you missed the swordsman i and that poster were talking about

isshou was never an enemy

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

tsob posted:

Zoro's never given a poo poo unless it was a swordsman or Luffy was indisposed and his friends were in imminent danger.

Amorphous Blob posted:

You know I'm starting to think Zoro hasn't been taking things seriously at ALL post timeskip. He didn't even notice all the drama and destruction in Dressrosa. He was just like "ah that rock giant was a good fight. I bet that blind guy would be too."

I'm thinking Mihawk helped him get a lot stronger than Oda is letting on.

Yeah it's the first time he's used haki for real in the entire New World and it was to do a little babby technique he was doing all the way back in East Blue.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Jose posted:

I don't know if Oda's mind would have changed but in a past interview, he said that would never happen. The power levels of the group are fixed with Luffy being the strongest, and I think Usopp being the weakest. And the fights will always match up that way, e.g. Luffy fights the strongest bad guy, Zoro fights the 2nd strongest, Sanji fights the 3rd strongest, etc etc.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Jose posted:

isshou was never an enemy

Then why was Luffy facing him as an enemy and wanting to fight him now given that he'd have to do so at some point by his own admission. Zoro even asked Luffy to tag him in at one point, but wasn't pushed about it since Luffy was already bent on fighting him.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, I can't get over Whitebeard's family name being Edward. I thought he was just an exception to the rule!

Maybe it's not, and this one crucial mistake will be what causes Bakkin's entire plan to unravel :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

alkanphel posted:

The power levels of the group are fixed with Luffy being the strongest, and I think Usopp being the weakest.

Are you saying God Usopp is the weakest of the cast? Because that is very clearly wrong. He wouldn't be God Usopp.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

God Tier
Usopp

High Tier
Luffy
Zoro
Sanji

Mid Tier
Robin
Franky
Brook

Low Tier
Nami
Chopper

Law Tier
Law

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Blaze Dragon posted:

Are you saying God Usopp is the weakest of the cast? Because that is very clearly wrong. He wouldn't be God Usopp.

I said Usopp, not God Usopp. There's a difference!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

God Tier
Usopp

High Tier
Luffy
Zoro
Sanji

Mid Tier
Robin
Franky

Ninety Degrees
Brook

Low Tier
Nami
Chopper

Law Tier
Law

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I feel it's currently Luffy > Zoro > Sanji = Franky = Chopper = Robin > Usopp = Nami = Brook

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Nami>Usopp>Franky>Zoro>Luffy>Sanji>Chopper>Robin>Brook

Also I just realised that Usopp is not a liar because of his nose, but arrogant. That he is a storyteller has nothing to do with Pinocchio or Aesop.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Until the Big Mom encounter gets explained I'm giving Sanji credit for starting that fight and getting everyone out safe

(Usopp) > Luffy > Zoro > Sanji > rest

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Since Usopp is God he is both weak and omnipotent, the alpha and the omega.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Sorry Sanji, Franky has replaced you in the monster trio. (I'm not sorry)

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
robin is at least the third strongest she just doesnt get any fights

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Waffleman_ posted:

God Tier
Usopp

High Tier
Luffy
Zoro
Sanji

Mid Tier
Robin
Franky
Brook

Low Tier
Nami
Chopper

Law Tier
Law

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

robin franky jinbei zoro luffy and brook are my ideal crew. sorry nami. sorry chopper kind of. not sorry sanji

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Without Nami you'd just do circles in the ocean till everyone died.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Jose posted:

I have high hopes for Wano. I just reread Punk Hazard and there's a lot of cool swordfighting with Kin'emon, and Wano is going to be far enough into the New World that we'll actually see Zoro pushed to his limits.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

LostRook posted:

Without Nami you'd just do circles in the ocean till everyone died.

This. I loved how last chapter Luffy was yelling for Nami to save their asses.
She might not be a fighter. But she has other uses.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

http://www.omocat-blog.com/post/73682519068/large-one-piece-prints-are-now-available-medium

This is a very cool print set and I would love to get nine matching frames and hang these up in my home office. Sadly, the artist isn't selling them on their store anymore and it looks like they only attend a couple west coast cons. :(

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Law and Chopper are too low, put Brook at the bottom.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Law should be removed permanently and Oda can just make an artbook of him staring into the distance wearing different clothes for the people that like him.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Law had a fight scene where he used his own cut off arm to spring into action and cut up one of Doflamingo's top men.
Dude is pretty drat legit.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Uhhhhh are y'all talking about the same Brook who did that "oh, I already cut you" stuff in Dressrosa? Dude is pretty powerful.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Usopp
Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Franky/Chopper
Brook/Robin
Usopp/Nami

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mulderman posted:

Law had a fight scene where he used his own cut off arm to spring into action and cut up one of Doflamingo's top men.
Dude is pretty drat legit.

I think the issue is less Law being legit and more that he's an entirely straight-faced Standard Shonen Cool Guy character who has eaten up a lot of panel time the last two arcs and it feels a bit like its directly pandering to the audience

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Blockhouse posted:

I think the issue is less Law being legit and more that he's an entirely straight-faced Standard Shonen Cool Guy character who has eaten up a lot of panel time the last two arcs and it feels a bit like its directly pandering to the audience

But all the straight-faced Shonen Cool Guy stuff is generally played for laughs with him being jerked around by the Straw Hats' insanity.

Aside from his fight scenes, which are legit pretty cool.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
The worst part of Law was interrupting what should have been Luffy VS Doflamingo with things lifted from the Naruto playbook. "You're standing in my power field so I can teleport around and stab you!" "Nu-uh, I'm made of strings!" the series is straight up better than that bullshit but the course was righted thankfully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Yeah but unlike those guys, Oda has no issue in having characters have fun at his expense because he's way too serious, so that makes it okay.