Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I've deleted the files and sat through two hotfix patches. Both times it only pulled down about 300mb. Totally worth it.

Edit: Got bored at work and googled AW stuff. I found a pretty detailed article that explains the differences between AW and WoT almost line by line. Someone may find it useful: http://armoredtalk.com/2015/09/27/quick-start-guide-to-armored-warfare-for-world-of-tank-players/

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"

demonR6 posted:

Yes on pop upgrade.

Please invite "Dilkington." NA server.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Invite Nerdwing, NA server too please.

I have also just sold all my tanks aside from Obj.155 to afford my new XM1. Praise christ.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Got popped in a match, and started to spectate. I noticed that one of our few remaining tanks ( a Leopard ) was fighting an enemy Leopard, but the damage indicated he was shooting AP. I figured I'd help him out, and said 'HEAT is much better for fighting Leopards'. Didn't call him out, didn't put it aggressively.

He kills the Leopard, then comes to a dead stop. A few seconds later, a XM800 with 6 kills wheels up behind him, then saws through his rear end with HEI just as the Leopard types 'YOU PLAY YOUR GAME I'LL PLAY MINE'. Then he started cursing at me in chat. We lost.

Never try to help.

RaffyTaffy
Oct 15, 2008
Can I get an invite to one of the NA clans?

In game name Kwaitwkski

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what
So the game decided to go :pgi: on me.

I still did better than half of my team.

Flagellum fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 14, 2015

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I take out a T-64 that helpfully drove into the open and was facing away from me while I'm in my Swingfire. I put both missiles into him, he dies and gets kinda mad about Swingfires. Spends a few minutes saying how unbalanced they are and people keep pointing out that they don't hit that hard, have no health and die the second anything gets within 300m of them. I don't really find 500ish damage every 16 seconds to be that overwhelmingly powerful, especially since I have to sit still the entire time, and have to guide a missile I can barely see. On the other hand, killing someone around a building by pure luck is kinda neat.

Also tried an SPG, and they are surprisingly fun, at least in the PVE so far. Its fun aiming at something and actually hitting it, or at least near it enough to cause damage. Its fun without being a lovely diceroll for both sides.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
Could I get an NA invite? In-game name is Obstacle2

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Use free XP to get to the XM1, it will never be this easy again. Thing is almost unpenable from the front by any other tank and laughs off most damage to the side.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I wouldn't find the xm1 as stupid if its side armor wasn't made of magic. Flank them in my ERC firing AP and still can't pen them without heavy luck. However, a lot of XM1 drivers have become extremely brave allowing an auto cannon to swoop in and unload all over their booty for tons of damage.

I wish this game had some DC protection like WoT. In this if you have an internet hiccup you are automatically booted out of the game rather than it trying to recover.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Why do they eventually take the big gun away from the BMPs? :cry:

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

The XM1 is getting some armor nerfs in the upcoming patch. Don't throw tons of free exp at it

https://www.reddit.com/r/ArmoredWarfare/comments/3on6a7/095_preliminary_patch_notes/cvyuabg

Griz
May 21, 2001

CitizenKain posted:

Also tried an SPG, and they are surprisingly fun, at least in the PVE so far. Its fun aiming at something and actually hitting it, or at least near it enough to cause damage. Its fun without being a lovely diceroll for both sides.

it's even better in PVP because you get a free spot on enemy arty when they fire, and a lot of them are too dumb to dodge counterbattery. if you manage to kill both enemy arty, you can just sit behind a rock and poo poo on everyone for the rest of the round and they can't do anything about it.

the exp gain is poo poo because you don't get any spotting bonuses but it's still lots of fun.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

ndub posted:

The XM1 is getting some armor nerfs in the upcoming patch. Don't throw tons of free exp at it

https://www.reddit.com/r/ArmoredWarfare/comments/3on6a7/095_preliminary_patch_notes/cvyuabg

Hopefully they do something about HE Frag rounds from BMP3's in PVE tearing through everything. So loving annoying.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Oct 14, 2015

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dandywalken posted:

Should us GOONS guys ditch then and join CHAI? Having one clan seems the most logical.

You guys can do what you want but I'm sticking with GOONS cause I spent gold on it and cause I'll take long term identity over a joke clan someone decided to make to make some WoT pubbies mad.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
So, if anyone was wondering about the turret weaknesses on the Leopard 2, this picture sums it up.

CatAteSeven
May 28, 2013
with this nice pop upgrade then....

Can someone add FamilyValues on NA

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

-Troika- posted:

You guys can do what you want but I'm sticking with GOONS cause I spent gold on it and cause I'll take long term identity over a joke clan someone decided to make to make some WoT pubbies mad.

The CHAI gimmick isn't exactly the best comedy that goons have ever come up with but I don't understand why you need to be so upset about it :confused:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not upset about it, I just want people mad at me for being a goon rather than mad at me for stealing some WoT clan's name.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

That's bizarre, it was there yesterday when I installed the game. I downloaded the SD version, played for a bit, then let the HD version download overnight. Now the option to select is gone.

e: It would make a lot of sense if the option to select SD or HD disappears if HD is installed, so maybe that's what's going on with you guys.
This is what I originally did, too. I think my computer hibernating broke the update, so I never got the HD textures but it nonetheless removed the option to upgrade to HD.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

-Troika- posted:

I'm with u.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Flagellum posted:

So the game decided to go :pgi: on me.

I still did better than half of my team.

This is what adrudh has to deal with every time Umbrella loads. I'm chalking it up to the weird graphics stuff that hasn't been worked out of AW yet.

-Troika- posted:

I'm not upset about it, I just want people mad at me for being a goon rather than mad at me for stealing some WoT clan's name.

We CHAI-sniped CHAI from RealCHAI. That's uber-loving-meta, and is like the gooniest thing we could've done. :smugdog: :getin:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I've gotten to tier 6 with the Russian MBT line and just am not impressed with it so far. The T-72A just feels like it has huge armor gaps.

I started down the US line and for some drat reason the Starship is the first drat MBT I seem to be doing well with. Am I a broken person?

PenguinScotty
Nov 13, 2012

Hotpants Icecream

Raged posted:

I've gotten to tier 6 with the Russian MBT line and just am not impressed with it so far. The T-72A just feels like it has huge armor gaps.

I started down the US line and for some drat reason the Starship is the first drat MBT I seem to be doing well with. Am I a broken person?

The T-72 and T-72A have rather big weakspots as well as bugged armor currently. Paired with low hp and they're rather poop. That said, the T-80 is a BIG improvement and the T-90 is even better still.

Regarding the Starship...

WHAT'S WRONG WHICHU!? I'm impressed that you do well in it. I've been utterly atrocious with it.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Has anyone gotten invites to the goon battalions by just posting in this thread? If so, please invite "Stringbeans" on NA - thanks in advance.

Also unlocked AP rounds on the Dragoon last night. Hot drat is that some good poo poo.

Honest Davion
Jul 25, 2006
I buy Joel Nerf Guns
Goddamn pubbies just don't even get PvE sometimes. Got wrecked on a hard mission in my LAV-300 by autocannons because only one of the three MBTs actually moved to the front.

Also really sucks if you're a tier below people in PvE, since AI units can turn up two tiers above you, and in a paper thin destroyer they can pop you before you even have time to get back to cover.

Moving from my fully upgraded Dragoon to the LAV sure did feel like a downgrade though. Not having your best gun and having to work back up to AP rounds is just such a major irritation, kinda wish that never carried over from WoT. Minor issue though, still loving the game.

Still looking for an invite on EU as Thornback too.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Honest Davion posted:

Goddamn pubbies just don't even get PvE sometimes. Got wrecked on a hard mission in my LAV-300 by autocannons because only one of the three MBTs actually moved to the front.

Also really sucks if you're a tier below people in PvE, since AI units can turn up two tiers above you, and in a paper thin destroyer they can pop you before you even have time to get back to cover.

Moving from my fully upgraded Dragoon to the LAV sure did feel like a downgrade though. Not having your best gun and having to work back up to AP rounds is just such a major irritation, kinda wish that never carried over from WoT. Minor issue though, still loving the game.

Still looking for an invite on EU as Thornback too.

This is why I mostly only play MBT's in PVE, unless there are unlocks needed for other vehicles before they can be used in pvp.

Also invited.

Also I still can't loving set daily messages in the eu bat.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Honest Davion posted:

Ask me about double Abrams boss while in a T62.
(it didn't end well)

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Fart Car '97 posted:

Why do they eventually take the big gun away from the BMPs? :cry:

Because on their own, with the big guns, the BMPs are just kinda...nothing special? They are like TDs without wheels.

With the mix of 100mm/30mm and the missile they become light vehicles killer.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'
Looking for an invite to CHAI, if there is space available. I do so enjoy a good cup of tea. adrudh in-game.

e:

Atomizer posted:

This is what adrudh has to deal with every time Umbrella loads. I'm chalking it up to the weird graphics stuff that hasn't been worked out of AW yet.

We CHAI-sniped CHAI from RealCHAI. That's uber-loving-meta, and is like the gooniest thing we could've done. :smugdog: :getin:

The last time this happened I was still able to kill 5 tanks somehow. I was so drat proud of myself, ha.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Requesting an invite for Ambaire on NA to GOONS, please, if there's room. I ended up disbanding the NDP remake; I think it's best to just move on for now.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Honest Davion posted:

The really lovely part is that you're unlocking the exact same gun and ammo all over again, but this time it all costs triple the exp reputation! At least in WoT unlocked modules would be unlocked for any tank using that module. Then again I guess there's a lot less crossover in AW.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Pubbie Leo2 pulls my group up a tier in a medium or hard PvE match? No problem, I'll just help carry his dumb rear end in my BMP-1P.

Just started doing PvE last night, pretty fun. Almost like doing a raid instance in an MMO, but with tanks!

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!

Vorkosigan posted:

Pubbie Leo2 pulls my group up a tier in a medium or hard PvE match? No problem, I'll just help carry his dumb rear end in my BMP-1P.

Just started doing PvE last night, pretty fun. Almost like doing a raid instance in an MMO, but with tanks!

You'll be happy to hear the long term PvE plans include full on raid style battles, loot and proper boss battles, possibly with completely fictional super tanks etc.

As it stands it's pretty fun

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Can I get an invite for Popelmon on EU?

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

ChickenWyngz posted:

You'll be happy to hear the long term PvE plans include full on raid style battles, loot and proper boss battles, possibly with completely fictional super tanks etc.

Bolo Marks II and III or :getout:

Honest Davion
Jul 25, 2006
I buy Joel Nerf Guns

ChickenWyngz posted:

I'm imagining Ace Combat: Tank Edition. Should have named myself Mobius 1, just to sit around shouting 'Fox 2' when I launch ATGMs.

Hope they get really crazy with fictional stuff, Command and Conquer Mammoth Tank style bosses should be just the tip of the iceberg.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Also looking for an EU invite, same name as here.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I thought they fixed the battalion popcap? Still says full at 50.

If PvE doesn't end with straight up mechs, they've hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Hmm, how much is Konami willing to license out the Metal Gears for a guest appearance?

• Locked thread