Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

General Ironicus posted:

Went to the zoo yesterday and saw some the zoo yesterday and saw something you folks will enjoy:
https://twitter.com/snuggle_beast/status/652967001191784448
https://twitter.com/snuggle_beast/status/652967454512123904

Animals that I can't pet shouldn't be so fluffy and adorable :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
A relative bought a Mini-Pig recently, will have to get some photos of it for you guys

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I really hope they got an actual mini-pig and not just a regular piglet.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah that's what I was thinking when they said mini-pig, wouldn't be the first time somebody has fallen for that one.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PQH741svy4

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

loving advertising, I got one frame into that and I could recite the whole thing from memory.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah that's what I was thinking when they said mini-pig, wouldn't be the first time somebody has fallen for that one.

Yeah I already mentioned it to my mom when she told me about it

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Piggies are great! I love them. There's a local theme park that added a petting zoo and it has a lovely Juliana pig named Duke. He's a star. The first pic is him at two plus months, the rest at around five.

Side note: it seems all pigs love neck and belly scratches as it's worked with more than a dozen so far.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Choco1980 posted:

Corgi half breeds so often look like mother nature at her laziest. "Uh, paste the head of the other dog on the corgi body, and uh, just repaint it to match the other dog. Good enough, mama has had a long day..."

That's exactly what my rescue mutt looks like - there's a 100% chance it's half corgi/ half chihuahua.

Normally I'm not one of those people that is -certain- their dog is part Great Dane, part minipin and part pug, but this dog is Very Small Corgi with small chihuahua muzzle and chihuahua ears set low on her head like a corgi. Even has an oddball tail that's only like 2-1/2 inches long and tapers drastically from thick to super thin.

Luckily she's exceedingly calm and doesn't try to herd anything, I'd imagine a combination of herding instinct and neurotic chihuahua personality would be hellish.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Choco1980 posted:

Corgi half breeds so often look like mother nature at her laziest. "Uh, paste the head of the other dog on the corgi body, and uh, just repaint it to match the other dog. Good enough, mama has had a long day..."

One reason for this is because Corgis all have the achondroplastic dwarf gene (and have adapted to having it, so they don't have as many health problems as if you threw a dwarf gene into, say, a GSD). So if it inherits that dwarfism gene - well, dogs with achondroplastic dwarfism, even if they inherited the other dog's morphology, basically end up looking like corgis.

MikeJF has a new favorite as of 16:21 on Oct 12, 2015

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Whoolighams posted:

Piggies are great! I love them. There's a local theme park that added a petting zoo and it has a lovely Juliana pig named Duke. He's a star. The first pic is him at two plus months, the rest at around five.

Side note: it seems all pigs love neck and belly scratches as it's worked with more than a dozen so far.

Who doesn't love pork scratchings

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

MikeJF posted:

One reason for this is because Corgis all have the achondroplastic dwarf gene (and have adapted to having it, so they don't have as many health problems as if you threw a dwarf gene into, say, a GSD). So if it inherits that dwarfism gene - well, dogs with achondroplastic dwarfism, even if they inherited the other dog's morphology, basically end up looking like corgis.
Whoa, so it's actually canine achondroplasia? I have the human form and I always wondered about that, the traits corgies have (short legs, normal spine, larger-looking head) are spot on with the human version thereof.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tendai posted:

Whoa, so it's actually canine achondroplasia? I have the human form and I always wondered about that, the traits corgies have (short legs, normal spine, larger-looking head) are spot on with the human version thereof.

A fair few breeds have micromelic (bodily) achondroplasia. Dachshunds, basset hounds, corgis and bulldogs are the well-known ones.

Miniature breeds are mainly pituitary dwarfism. Miniature Dachshunds, therefore, have both pituitary dwarfism and micromelic achondroplasia.

And Pugs? Pugs have pituitary dwarfism, micromelic achondroplasia, and brachycephalic (skull) achondroplasia.

MikeJF has a new favorite as of 18:09 on Oct 12, 2015

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jesus, no wonder pugs look messed up :smith:

Cute antidote to feeling bad about pugs:

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
I discovered the existence of mangalitsa pigs.

Literally sheep-pigs.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkofwx2liHM

Have an adorable opossum eating a strawberry

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Tendai posted:

Jesus, no wonder pugs look messed up :smith:

Cute antidote to feeling bad about pugs:

"I'm sorry, I'll have to reposition--I can't hear your heart through all my floof."

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Octolady posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkofwx2liHM

Have an adorable opossum eating a strawberry

I love how it went from tentative to GOBBLE THE STRAWBERRY NOW!

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Goon.jpg

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Goon.jpg isn't a fluffy pig, it's the pig making GBS threads on its own balls.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/kA9dVi9.gifv

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Slime posted:

Goon.jpg isn't a fluffy pig, it's the pig making GBS threads on its own balls.

But it has a neckbeard and everything

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Jesus Christ, when he follows it under the couch :3:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

I dunno why stuff like this is so funny to me...just, yeah, they'll dunk their head under the faucet for a drink, but go apeshit when put in a bathtub :lol:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Superior ball control skills. Get him signed up for the noseball team.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

fat pupper

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Better give him a squeeze and wring the water out of his fur :sigh:.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Hello friends!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Bad day, very bad day. I am going to make everyone look at my favourite thing again, which is oriental shorthairs:

Look at him

Eat the man

goblin pile

more goboblins

opposite of goblin

unrelated addition:

cash crab has a new favorite as of 03:04 on Oct 14, 2015

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Where is this dog so I can steal it?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

From the New Zealand Thread

fartmanteau posted:

There's plenty of bush walks and spectacular coastal views around Wellington. Climbing not so much, but lots of rugged terrain.

Protip: go to Zealandia

Red Rocks seal colony

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Are you sure he's not just a little husky? :haw:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What a ridiculous goddamn cat :3:

In keeping with the theme of ridiculous-rear end cats:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Tendai posted:

What a ridiculous goddamn cat :3:

In keeping with the theme of ridiculous-rear end cats:

:3: High five booth.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

cash crab posted:

:3: High five booth.
The lorax kissing booth was well intended, but ultimately a failure

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Someone made a tiny pumpkin pie for their gecko! (blog potentially NSFW)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

while searching through my Pictures folder for something else, rediscovered this gem that had to be shared with you guys

• Locked thread