Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
This is a reddit thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Anyone have a tweak that allows for YouTube to keep playing in the background? I used to use YouTubed but it no longer works after the YouTube update to 10.38.5.

simplesnatch
Sep 6, 2011

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Anyone have a tweak that allows for YouTube to keep playing in the background? I used to use YouTubed but it no longer works after the YouTube update to 10.38.5.

I asked this a little while back and another user directed me to ProTube in the app store, works perfectly!

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Mr Hands Colon posted:

As simplesnatch said, ProTube is indeed good. You can also set up an Activator shortcut to play/pause whatever you're listening to on top of that. I use a triple-tap of the home button. It lets me do stuff like play a DS emulator and listen to YouTube at the same time when normally the app would take over all audio.

edit: this actually works with Chrome (I use this for some reason) on YouTube in the background too now that I'm thinking about it but ProTube is better than the webpage anyway

An Enormous Boner fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Oct 13, 2015

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Thank you all, ProTube works great.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

iOS 9 jailbreak I guess. I wasn't really expecting that.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
Now that there is a jailbreak, I shouldn't hesitate to fix this issue I have, and posted about in the iPhone thread. My 6s, which I restored from a backup of my 5 when I got it somehow got an old iCloud ID that I don't use. As the ID no longer exists, I can't actually sync or do anything with my 6s because I can't delete it from my phone. I can, however, see my 6s using my current iCloud username on the website. If I wipe it from there, will it be all reset and good?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Wow. Really thought they'd wait for 9.1 which seems really close. Unless this exploit is already patched out.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

I'm actually interested in the dialogue between i0n1c and comex, unless this is something that's been known about for awhile.

i0n1c posted:

@comex keep in mind it is pangu. They usually intentionally overwrite/corrupt kernel Mach o header, not patch task for pid to hinder others.

@comex you still don't get that they get paid top dollars for jailbreaks and someone else releasing means them losing lots of money

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
This jailbreak was released because exploits it utilized were patched in the latest beta(s) of iOS 9.1. Nothing more, nothing less.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

BrainDance posted:

iOS 9 jailbreak I guess. I wasn't really expecting that.

Hell yes. Are there any tweaks specifically for 6+ that are must-have? I tweaked my 5s to where i liked it and stopped following any jb developments when it was confirmed that bitesms wasn't getting updated. Looking forward to really tweaking this huge phone though.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Anyone done the 9 jailbreak yet? Are there massive compatibility issues with tweaks from 8 to 9 like the jump from 7 to 8?

Wanna get it while the gettings good, but don't want to have nothing to use for the next two months.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Can't say I've read anything but reddit is probably the best source for knowledge on it.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
Pretty much just waiting for the field report on this iOS 9 jailbreak. I do love me some tweaks like phone-wide adblock but I'll let other people do my dirty work in bug checking first. As always.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Sensing some concern over this jailbreak based on the comments. I just need to get my wife's jb'd so I can tether. Any reason I shouldn't jump on this one?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

averox posted:

Pretty much just waiting for the field report on this iOS 9 jailbreak. I do love me some tweaks like phone-wide adblock but I'll let other people do my dirty work in bug checking first. As always.

I was planning on waiting a while anyways (got a replacement phone and had to update) so even in a bit it'll still be quite soon. Granted usually it's just some overblown bullshit about viruses or whatever that turns out to be fine

Zephyr, swipe select, and flux can't come soon enough

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
God I've missed f.lux.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Moose-Alini posted:

Anyone done the 9 jailbreak yet? Are there massive compatibility issues with tweaks from 8 to 9 like the jump from 7 to 8?

Wanna get it while the gettings good, but don't want to have nothing to use for the next two months.

Preference Loader is broken, so a lot of tweaks have unchangeable settings. Creator tweeted that he is aware of the issue a couple hours ago. A lot of other updates seem to be flying out though, everyone is on the ball here. Personally I'm glad Minimal Hosts Blocker is out, I missed my system wide adblock.

Also a tweak called Forcy is out that simulates Force Touch on <6S devices. Swipe up to activate.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Also a tweak called Forcy is out that simulates Force Touch on <6S devices. Swipe up to activate.

How in the world would this possibly work?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

How in the world would this possibly work?

Swiping up on an icon activates the menu. I should clarify that this is only home screen icons.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
From my experiences: Winterboard doesn't work and crashes SpringBoard if you do certain things (like swiping to the left on the home screen). Also, a bunch of command-line tools have broken dylib dependencies, but some tools like vim and sudo still work. I'd say hold off on the jailbreak until things get stabilized.

mewse
May 2, 2006

dpbjinc posted:

From my experiences: Winterboard doesn't work and crashes SpringBoard if you do certain things (like swiping to the left on the home screen). Also, a bunch of command-line tools have broken dylib dependencies, but some tools like vim and sudo still work. I'd say hold off on the jailbreak until things get stabilized.

Saurik probably still thinks Winterboard is fine because nobody has filed bug reports or something

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

mewse posted:

Saurik probably still thinks Winterboard is fine because nobody has filed bug reports or something

It doesn't work because Preference Loader isn't updated. The actual winterboard icon has been absent for at least since ios8

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
So far this JB has been a pain in the rear end. First I wasn't able to disable encrypted backups in iTunes, finally go that taken care of and was able to start the process. After several attempts, I was able to perform the JB. But then Cydia would instantly crash, so I ended up having to restore my device back to 9.0.2....or so I thought. Now when I try to re-JB using pangu, I get a message that my phone is already jailbroken but there is no Cydia app on my device. What a pain in the rear end.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Mr Hands Colon posted:

So far this JB has been a pain in the rear end. First I wasn't able to disable encrypted backups in iTunes, finally go that taken care of and was able to start the process. After several attempts, I was able to perform the JB. But then Cydia would instantly crash, so I ended up having to restore my device back to 9.0.2....or so I thought. Now when I try to re-JB using pangu, I get a message that my phone is already jailbroken but there is no Cydia app on my device. What a pain in the rear end.

Try doing a full restore if you haven't already? As in not from backup.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

My process was Full Restore in iTunes, set up as new device, skip everything in setup, and enable Airplane Mode. Pangu worked fine for me.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

averox posted:

What do you use for phone-wide adblock ?

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

Melmac posted:

What do you use for phone-wide adblock ?

Minimal Hosts Blocker with the Hosts File Flipswitch.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Try doing a full restore if you haven't already? As in not from backup.

Yup, finally got done restoring just now and I am back up and running.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Update: PreferenceLoader has been fixed. WinterBoard doesn't seem to be working for me, but at least it's not crashing anymore.

E: Okay, looks like it's working now.

Double Punctuation fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 15, 2015

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Still tons of stuff that doesn't work. BUT f.lux is working, and that's one of the most important things for me.

Waiting on noslowanimations now, and tsprotector so I can use my banking apps. Tsprotector guy knows why his doesn't work so it should be an easy fix, I hope.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Bah, Cydia crashes to Springboard on "Preparing File System" for me.
Recommended fix is to do a full reset, then restore, then re-jailbreak. Bit too much effort for something that will be out of date with 9.1. :effort:

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

~Coxy posted:

Bah, Cydia crashes to Springboard on "Preparing File System" for me.
Recommended fix is to do a full reset, then restore, then re-jailbreak. Bit too much effort for something that will be out of date with 9.1. :effort:

It takes like, twenty minutes, all of which you can spend doing something else once you set it in motion. I had to do it too, it's apparently something to do with not having enough space or something.

E: is there a tweak to disable the spotlight page? It's unnecessary with the drag down spotlight. I know I had it removed before but I can't remember how.

SpookyLizard fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 15, 2015

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Nospot I think

steamed horse
Dec 4, 2004

Can I delete the Pangu app after the 9.0.2 jailbreak?

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

gramlock posted:

Can I delete the Pangu app after the 9.0.2 jailbreak?

It should have deleted itself after completing the jailbreak.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Is it ok if I'm on 9.0.2 from OTA updates? I did instal 9 from my computer

steamed horse
Dec 4, 2004

bobfather posted:

It should have deleted itself after completing the jailbreak.

If it didn't but jailbreak is working as expected should I assume I can just delete?

One thing that is troubling me is that I can't sign in to the app store, if I try and sign in under settings it just keeps saying, "Can't connect to iTunes store", is this likely to be a jailbreak issue?

Edit - gently caress it I'm just going to restore from new and try again

steamed horse fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Oct 15, 2015

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

gramlock posted:

If it didn't but jailbreak is working as expected should I assume I can just delete?

One thing that is troubling me is that I can't sign in to the app store, if I try and sign in under settings it just keeps saying, "Can't connect to iTunes store", is this likely to be a jailbreak issue?

Edit - gently caress it I'm just going to restore from new and try again

App Store has been hosed up today. Freaked me out too considering I jail broke last night, and then nothing was working today. It's on Apple's end, not yours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
Running, jailbreak on iOS 8.4, I restored to 9.0.2, ran Pangu jailbreak, then restored from backup.

Installed tweaks that are suppose to be updated/compatible with iOS 9. Everything went problem free, until I decided to reboot my phone. Got stuck on the Apple logo, phone wouldn't even vibrate while booting up when plugged into a power source. Luckily was able to reboot via power+home button method, and also booted it into Cydia's Safe mode. Found the culprit causing the issue; BatteryLife.

Uninstalled BatteryLife and phone boots up with no issues.

• Locked thread