Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

i don't care who passes ranger school they're dumb for still being in the army

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

MurderBot posted:

I just want to go to a school where they teach me how to be a james bond type soldier. The one who learns how to dress fashionably, force women into having sex with me on boats, can drink copious amounts of alcohol but still round-house kick bitches in the face with precision accuracy, drive/fly anything. Also would allow me to not adhere to AR670-1 and grow sick hair-styles and not shave while I'm in the Bahamas plowing women for secrets of their bosses intention to sell plutonium to ISIS.

Getting women to have sex with you on a boat is easy. You just get them all tipsy topside then bring them to a comfy spot below deck. They can't refuse, you know, because of the implication.

Dude, dude, think about it. She is out in the middle of nowhere with a dude she barely knows. She looks around and what does she see? Nothing, but open ocean. "Ahh, theres no where for me to run, what am I gonna do, say no?!".

If the girl says no, then obviously the answer is no, but the thing is she isn't going to say no. She would never say no, because of the implication. The implication that things might go wrong for her if she refuses to sleep with me, you know, not that things are going to go wrong for her, but she's thinking that they will.

Great episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ1lc6KASWg

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

MurderBot posted:

I just want to go to a school where they teach me how to be a james bond type soldier. The one who learns how to dress fashionably, force women into having sex with me on boats, can drink copious amounts of alcohol but still round-house kick bitches in the face with precision accuracy, drive/fly anything. Also would allow me to not adhere to AR670-1 and grow sick hair-styles and not shave while I'm in the Bahamas plowing women for secrets of their bosses intention to sell plutonium to ISIS.

Secret service was the right answer.

Cocaine, hookers, suits, close fighting, weapons, and Yankee white clearances.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I think it's more the suspicion of compromising standards to get women through it. Which is a legitimate gripe if it's true.

But I'm out so it doesn't bother me too much.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Lol if you give a poo poo at all about anything going on in the army

Double lol if you have to give a poo poo because you're still in

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i should close this thread and we'll never talk about the army again

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

But then where will we talk about how awesome it is to not be in the Army anymore?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Civ/Chat thread & drunk thread

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
This is just the schadenfreude thread for us to make fun of anyone still in.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mike-o posted:

This is just the schadenfreude thread for us to make fun of anyone still in.

N4I, plz rename thread to this

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I'm not gonna lie. Every now and then I wish I was still in. You know, hanging with my buddies every day. Shooting guns. Smoking and joking. Deployments were pretty cool. And I'm like "man... I should really see if I can reenli--"

About this far into the thought process is when I've reached this thread and lmfao I feel like an idiot for ever wanting to go back in.

What I'm saying is I need this thread.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I'm genuinely curious to see if I'll ever have those thoughts once I'm out. I'm having a hard time coming up with anything in the last 2.5 years that I'll miss, but I dunno. Maybe more time will allow the rose-colored glasses thing to kick in.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Sure as gently caress didn't happen for me.

gently caress the army, 24/7/365

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
lol if you're still in

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Wasabi the J posted:

Secret service was the right answer.

Cocaine, hookers, suits, close fighting, weapons, and Yankee white clearances.

I transported a patient who does initial training for the FBI and some overseas special operation units. He gave me his contact number since we were actually talking about joining the secret service and, as he put it *I can get you in contact with individuals to at least guide you on the path towards a secret service career...Granted your first assignment will be some super lovely place*

I'm almost at the point to call him, since my job is cool but PhD school is for loving idiots, even though that sounds rear end-backwards.

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

Gotta get up to get Down's

Aranan posted:

I'm genuinely curious to see if I'll ever have those thoughts once I'm out. I'm having a hard time coming up with anything in the last 2.5 years that I'll miss, but I dunno. Maybe more time will allow the rose-colored glasses thing to kick in.

I'm in the same boat plus one year. Got a counseling statement brewing for advising other Joes that reenlisting is for retards and negatively affecting unit morale. Not sure if that paperwork clears before my next meaningless ARCOM. Same guy wrote both so I guess it's up to him. Not sure why they think I'll give a poo poo about either.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

not caring here posted:

Sure as gently caress didn't happen for me.

gently caress the army, 24/7/365

yea but the army turned you into a super broken soup brain

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
now I feel like ham and pea soup

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Teflon Don posted:

lol if you're still in

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

MurderBot posted:

I transported a patient who does initial training for the FBI and some overseas special operation units. He gave me his contact number since we were actually talking about joining the secret service and, as he put it *I can get you in contact with individuals to at least guide you on the path towards a secret service career...Granted your first assignment will be some super lovely place*

I'm almost at the point to call him, since my job is cool but PhD school is for loving idiots, even though that sounds rear end-backwards.

gently caress it dude, a man's best ambition in life is to be a secret squirrel or an astronaut or the president, and you got a chance to do one of those things.

I've thought about reenlisted as an 18X, but under conditions I replace a molar with a cyanide capsule in case I wash out because gently caress giving the non-cool parts of the army another minute of my time. Actually gently caress all of that because the happiest times of my life never involved a uniform.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

What the gently caress is a "Digital Liaison Detachment"?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Suntan Boy posted:

What the gently caress is a "Digital Liaison Detachment"?

Um you missed the fact that it's also an Operation. Digital Liaison Detachment Operation, or DLDO.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Why the gently caress am I up at 530 every goddamn day?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Soulex posted:

:a2m:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Soulex posted:

Dude, I feel ya. I've been out for 5 + years now and I still wake up every morning at 5-530 every day of the week

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Man, if I wasn't hurt it wouldn't be a big deal. Mainly, I have a fast track 7 in 7 NCOIC that doesn't understand basic human decency. "Hey guys, all this week, we are going to clean up my mess that I put off for months, oh everything is still due as normal, you are big kids so just stay late."

I get that it's normal, I've seen it loads in the 8+ years I've been in. I'm just loving tired of it. Tired of Facebook patriots all like "Thanks for service!" Dude, this is a job. That's like thanking you in Walmart or whatever when you are shopping for making my fries at McDonalds.

I just want to be treated like a human. Instead of being this anger fueled hate gently caress robot that is slowly becoming self aware in the matrix.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Soulex posted:

I just want to be treated like a human. Instead of being this anger fueled hate gently caress robot that is slowly becoming self aware in the matrix.

ETS

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Soulex posted:

I just want to be treated like a human.

Well, what the hell are you doing in the army then?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
The Army does make a lot of stuff easier compared to how civilians see it.

For example I live three miles from school so when the weather is really nice I'll walk. Takes about 50 minutes. When I tell people I walk three miles to school you would think I told them I climbed loving Everest to get there.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

2019. Medboard pending stuff.

Obstacle2 posted:

Well, what the hell are you doing in the army then?

I didn't learn this fact after the first 8 years.

Cole posted:

The Army does make a lot of stuff easier compared to how civilians see it.

For example I live three miles from school so when the weather is really nice I'll walk. Takes about 50 minutes. When I tell people I walk three miles to school you would think I told them I climbed loving Everest to get there.

I just spent the last 3 hours pulling weeds.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
When it's 830 in the morning and 55 degrees out I like to take advantage. Also does anyone not get cold as easy anymore? Everybody will be bundled up in heavy jackets and I'll be wearing a thin long sleeved shirt comfortably.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Cole posted:

When it's 830 in the morning and 55 degrees out I like to take advantage. Also does anyone not get cold as easy anymore? Everybody will be bundled up in heavy jackets and I'll be wearing a thin long sleeved shirt comfortably.

Loss of temperature sensitivity is one of the side effects of aging.

You're getting old. Oldie.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Soulex posted:

I just spent the last 3 hours pulling weeds.

I thought that's what privates are for

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I just spent three hours pulling my privates

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Cole posted:

I have this going on, but it's because I'm from Cleveland originally and now live in south Texas. The natives are wearing coats and watch caps any time it's under 70 and look at my like I'm nuts for coming in wearing just a long sleeve shirt if it's under 65.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Mustang posted:

Shut up and go sit in your office, noble.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mustang posted:

I'm a triple private

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mustang posted:

Shut up boot

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kiryen posted:

I have this going on, but it's because I'm from Cleveland originally and now live in south Texas. The natives are wearing coats and watch caps any time it's under 70 and look at my like I'm nuts for coming in wearing just a long sleeve shirt if it's under 65.

You've been away from home too long...

Pussy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
its cool going home for this first time in like five years and seeing that since your father has died your mom lives in absolute filth ammonia ridden house and you have to be the first kid to have the balls to say anything to her and make her feel like poo poo but its also about the same temperature here as idaho so thats not so bad

• Locked thread