Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dr Sun Try posted:

Was the coyote roadkill or hunted?
If it was roadkill the taste might have been due to car bits stuck in the meat.

Hunted, coyote overpopulation is a fairly big problem where I used to live, they'd swoop in and kill people's pets and animals since there was just not enough food to support them all. At some point my uncle shot one and thought "why not, let's try it."

I come from a very long lineage of hicks. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop
Sounds like the coyote had a bad diet, thats gonna taint the meat.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
I'd forgotten how cutscene/codec heavy early MGS3 was and the next episode will only bring more. After Adam/Eva intros we're pretty in the clear for more gameplay than chatter episodes I believe? I have to say that so far I'm not hearing the "gruff devolution" of Hayter-Snake's voice. Not in MGS2 nor here.

Surprised the game doesn't want you to Cure Snake's crushed hand. I guess you could say he has regenerating health since he's up and dunking people after that and a week after all of that other poo poo the Boss did to him. Why didn't you take the opportunity to toss someone off the bridge? Will we not be getting the full Sorrow experience in this playthrough? :ohdear: Oh and yeah, your wacky photo taking in MGS2 was rather lacking outside of the Tanker chapter. Try harder to fill up that hdd with photos of MGS3!

On another note...
Grace: "we have to play more sonic games"
Keep on resisting! Don't give in!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

pick-e posted:

On another note...
Grace: "we have to play more sonic games"
Keep on resisting! Don't give in!

I told Grace about the Sonic Dreams collection and he wants to LP it because he thinks it's actually a collection of unreleased sonic games s e n d h e l p

Let's Play Metal Gear Solid 3 Episode 4 - Croc Violence

Sigint, you mighta hosed up the world something fierce, but I still love ya, bud :unsmith:

It doesn't come up for a while but I want to share that our death shot is Russian Standard Platinum.

I normally only drink Polar Ice, but this is a worthy reason to go back to the roots of vodka's motherland :ussr:

:siren:Voting for Session 3's drinking condition will be open until we record next Tuesday, get your votes in while you can!!:siren:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Man, I missed the thermals my first playthrough, and let me tell you, the Fear fight is a bitch without them.

Also the Croc helmet can be fun indoors. Like, what you have to do is have a blind corner with a guard watching it from one side and you on the other. Put on the helmet, and get on your belly and slowly crawl out so that just the croc head comes out from the corner. The soldier will be all "Holy poo poo! A crocodile's in here!" and get the hell out of there.

Finally, it took me a while to remember it, but I'm kinda annoyed that apparently this version doesn't have the original's troll poll at the beginning where it asks which of the first two games you like more. If you say you liked 2 better, Snake (who in the intro gets called nothing but JACK) starts out with the Raikov mask on, for a second making you think they're aping the troll of Raiden's reveal in 2.

Oh, and agreed that Signet is the best. He only ever calls Snake out on bullshit or has even crazier poo poo of his own. (Speaking of, you drat well better call him right after the nightmare)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Choco1980 posted:

Man, I missed the thermals my first playthrough, and let me tell you, the Fear fight is a bitch without them.

Also the Croc helmet can be fun indoors. Like, what you have to do is have a blind corner with a guard watching it from one side and you on the other. Put on the helmet, and get on your belly and slowly crawl out so that just the croc head comes out from the corner. The soldier will be all "Holy poo poo! A crocodile's in here!" and get the hell out of there.

Finally, it took me a while to remember it, but I'm kinda annoyed that apparently this version doesn't have the original's troll poll at the beginning where it asks which of the first two games you like more. If you say you liked 2 better, Snake (who in the intro gets called nothing but JACK) starts out with the Raikov mask on, for a second making you think they're aping the troll of Raiden's reveal in 2.

Oh, and agreed that Signet is the best. He only ever calls Snake out on bullshit or has even crazier poo poo of his own. (Speaking of, you drat well better call him right after the nightmare)

The raikov troll still exists, but when you load a post-game save, it goes with the same choice you made last time, which I chose "I like MGS3!"

Also they took the nightmare out of the HD version :(

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

No nightmare?! But, but...being done in by the dookie...

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Danaru posted:

I told Grace about the Sonic Dreams collection and he wants to LP it because he thinks it's actually a collection of unreleased sonic games s e n d h e l p

I like your Sonic LPs

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

pick-e posted:

I have to say that so far I'm not hearing the "gruff devolution" of Hayter-Snake's voice. Not in MGS2 nor here.

Hayter's voice was actually pretty gruff in the original MGS1, becomes soft in MGS2, is slightly gruffer in MGS3, and becomes super gruff in MGS4 (even gruffer than MGS1!).

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I think Peace Walker is where Hayter's Snake voice becomes completely ridiculous. At least in MGS4 the super gruff delivery makes sense because Snake is old as poo poo, but Big Boss in PW is only 39-40 and still sounds like he's been gargling on gravel and smoking 27 packs of cigarettes a day for ten years.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Doc Morbid posted:

I think Peace Walker is where Hayter's Snake voice becomes completely ridiculous. At least in MGS4 the super gruff delivery makes sense because Snake is old as poo poo, but Big Boss in PW is only 39-40 and still sounds like he's been gargling on gravel and smoking 27 packs of cigarettes a day for ten years.

Everyday Cigars and whiskey since the end of MGS3.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Just a heads up, we might end up having some non-Metal Gear related videos in the coming weeks, We'll be recording MGS3 on Tuesday, but then the week after, we both work, and the week after that, Grace is coming up to Canada for a week. As cool as it would be to do an LP where we're in the same room, I'm not lugging my recording set up over to the hotel :v:

We have some stuff planned and I'll be posting it here in the thread anyway because gently caress it, we're 24 pages in, I do what I want, just a heads up so no one gets confused

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Danaru you're a really silly bastard.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
Yay! You did the croc eating grenade thing!

How do you plan on fighting The End? Will you cheese it, or do a long video where you show all the different ways you can mess with him?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Kal-L posted:

Yay! You did the croc eating grenade thing!

How do you plan on fighting The End? Will you cheese it, or do a long video where you show all the different ways you can mess with him?

I plan on fighting him with the shotgun, and only because I don't remember if it's possible to win by kicking him repeatedly.

I will literally upload a seven hour video of me chasing an old man through the woods and booting him in the face repeatedly if that's what it takes, even if it loses every subscriber I have.

gently caress snipers.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

I plan on fighting him with the shotgun, and only because I don't remember if it's possible to win by kicking him repeatedly.

I will literally upload a seven hour video of me chasing an old man through the woods and booting him in the face repeatedly if that's what it takes, even if it loses every subscriber I have.

gently caress snipers.

Will you be holding him up with the shotgun?

I'll be honest, I sympathize with you doing it on camera. Just because I CAN get the multiple holdup goodies then dart him into submission... Doesn't mean I don't take goddamned forever doing it.

So seeing him (hopefully) get ragdolled off a sniper ledge by a shotgun would be wonderfully cathartic no matter how long it takes.

Iron Chitlin
Sep 3, 2011

I need to use the bathroom!

Danaru posted:

Do it.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
It better involve lots of keywords during preceding cutscene and codec to get you drunk good and proper. Still going for Mother Russia?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

GuyUpNorth posted:

It better involve lots of keywords during preceding cutscene and codec to get you drunk good and proper. Still going for Mother Russia?

So far the vote is leaning towards No Free Lunch, which might be an extreme problem considering we might have to fight The Fear and The End one after oh you fuckers you planned this on purpose didn't you

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

So far the vote is leaning towards No Free Lunch, which might be an extreme problem considering we might have to fight The Fear and The End one after oh you fuckers you planned this on purpose didn't you

Look man, I only vote for Capitalist Health Care.

Which is also applicable if you are terrible at the Fear/End fight because you need to go to the Cure menu to pull crossbow bolts and Darts out of your rear end :v:

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Section Z posted:

Which is also applicable if you are terrible at the Fear/End fight because you need to go to the Cure menu to pull crossbow bolts and Darts out of your rear end :v:

This exactly. :v:

Will you eat the parrot? Just to gently caress with The End further.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Danaru posted:

:allears: Enjoy!

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Kal-L posted:

This exactly. :v:

Will you eat the parrot? Just to gently caress with The End further.

The gently caress? You can eat the parrot? drat I did not know that.
Oh and those were gavials, not crocodiles. Similar but a bit different in the snout area.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Section Z posted:

If you don't remove the bolts, they'll stick around even after the wounds finish healing naturally.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Dreadwroth posted:

The gently caress? You can eat the parrot? drat I did not know that.

Oh, yes. If you eat it, The End swears at you for eating his pet. If you let it go, he guides you to where The End is hiding. Depending on that, there's a slight change to his death cutscene.

Edit: Also, Danaru, will you try to trap the Tsuchinoko?

Kal-L fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 13, 2015

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

No Free Lunch for Dan. :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Solid 3 Episode 5 - Appule

"What's you're favourite episode of MGS3?"

"I liked the one where Dan and Grace listed off Dragonball Z characters while Dan crawled around a forest outpost for like fifteen minutes straight"

:siren:We're recording in like eight hours if you haven't voted yet, get your poo poo together man:siren:

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012
Not just listed - argued about which Dragon Ball characters you were better or worse than.

Also, I think Grace is under-appreciating Appule. He actually has fan art, inexplicably.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

For what it's worth you two, you're the Yamchas of my heart :swoon: you're my second favorite lpers only beaten by the lofty mountain that is Chip & Ironicus, the Vegeta to their Goku as it were. :v:

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Oct 14, 2015

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
I noticed a Calorie Mate in your inventory someone brought this up earlier but are you going to get any to eat irl?

EDIT: I noticed we'll be fighting The Pain soon will you be showing off what happens when you wear the snow camo and facepaint?

Hrvstmn31 fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Oct 14, 2015

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Crocodile is pretty chewy by the way.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Hrvstmn31 posted:

I noticed a Calorie Mate in your inventory someone brought this up earlier but are you going to get any to eat irl?

EDIT: I noticed we'll be fighting The Pain soon will you be showing off what happens when you wear the snow camo and facepaint?

Whoops I totally forgot to wear white against The Pain :saddowns:

Also we finished recording last night with No Free Lunch and I hate all of you, I'll make a new poll for the next session whenever I manage to remember where the hell we left off.,

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I bet you didn't show off what happens if you take a hornet's nest into the fight then either.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

ChaosArgate posted:

I bet you didn't show off what happens if you take a hornet's nest into the fight then either.

Whoa, what? How did I not think of that? That screams Kojima! Now I have to see this.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Hrvstmn31 posted:

Huh? What does that do? Can he not see white for some reason?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
It should blend with the water/environment best (at that point?), so it's very nice camo against the BEES!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
You're underestimating yourselves, you're at least Ginyu material.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

No Ocelot quick-draw duel? Or try to show him your fancy revolver spinning?

The white camo works against the bees because it's the same color beekeepers use, so the bees consider them less of a threat to their delicious honey.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Kinda disappointed we didn't see any of the fun things you can do in the Ocelot fight, like the quick draw duel, or dropping the hornet's nest on him, or (and I know it'd make you drink) creating the time paradox.

Also, as far as secrets go, yeah you have to find and hit or shoot the frog statues in EVERY area (including the jeep fight) to unlock the stealth camo next playthrough--a lot of them are super well hidden too. Also, don't worry, the Tsuchinoko is in the Fear's fight area. What a pain in the rear end that thing is to catch. Best advice is to turn on the thermals and kill EVERY animal in the area, then set your traps.

Also I was disappointed you didn't find any C4 and blow up the storehouses. It's a fun detail in the game. For those who don't know, the enemy territory is separated into a handful of distinct areas, and each has their own store houses for weapons, food, and medicine. Blowing them up with C4 (can you do it with dynamite?) means the soldiers in the area do not get those supplies. Hungry soldiers' stomachs growl and they complain, making them easier to spot. When ammo's in short supply, they're much more likely to attempt to melee fight you instead of shoot from a safe distance. I don't remember the effect of blowing up the first aid buildings.

Also, I'm so glad you got the Para-Medic mushroom dialogues. I tried to talk to her about every food pickup in the game. Which sets off a running gag where Snake cares only about how animals taste, and Para-medic totally finds him incorrigible for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Choco1980 posted:

Also I was disappointed you didn't find any C4 and blow up the storehouses. It's a fun detail in the game. For those who don't know, the enemy territory is separated into a handful of distinct areas, and each has their own store houses for weapons, food, and medicine. Blowing them up with C4 (can you do it with dynamite?) means the soldiers in the area do not get those supplies. Hungry soldiers' stomachs growl and they complain, making them easier to spot. When ammo's in short supply, they're much more likely to attempt to melee fight you instead of shoot from a safe distance. I don't remember the effect of blowing up the first aid buildings.

I do that a ton in later episodes :v: I don't remember what effect the first aid huts have either.

Choco1980 posted:

Also, as far as secrets go, yeah you have to find and hit or shoot the frog statues in EVERY area (including the jeep fight) to unlock the stealth camo next playthrough--a lot of them are super well hidden too. Also, don't worry, the Tsuchinoko is in the Fear's fight area. What a pain in the rear end that thing is to catch. Best advice is to turn on the thermals and kill EVERY animal in the area, then set your traps.

Whoops, we totally left off right before the torture scene in Groznyj Grad.

If it's any consolation, I have to do a copious amount of editing because Naked Dan made an appearance near the end.