Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

RCarr posted:

I know, just wondering if it's worth a stash. If he has a good game or two I'd prob be able to flip him on name recognition alone.

Basically I'm trying to justify dropping one of the Dallas RBBC, because having 3 rb's from the same team hurts my soul.

If you'll actually be able to trade him for someone worthwhile then I'd drop McFadden for him. Doesn't seem likely to me, but hey, you never know.

I'm currently trying to dump Peyton on injury ravaged teams for like a WR2/3 type and am having no luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead

Rick Grimes posted:

Thinking of offering this trade in my 12-man league. Guy only has 3 RBs, and Charles is dead. Going to offer Ingram and maybe Garcon for his Cobb. Don't know if it's that fair, but hoping to buy low on Cobb/prey on Charles being hurt.

Current rosters:

Me:
Dalton
Forte, Ingram, Yeldon, CJA, Karlos, CMike
Cooper, Keenan Allen, Garcon, Baldwin
Julius, Reed

Him:
Brees, Cam
Charles, J. Randle, A. Williams
Cobb, Fitz, R. Randle, White, Michael Floyd
Bennett, Witten

Should I lowball with just Ingram first? Or should I stay put?

E: .5 PPR and added CMike just in case.

Self bump, any input on this?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Starting MIN Def on the premise that all the davis and charmanders in the world won't replace JC. CAR is still available though...

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

What's everyone's feelings on Alshon Jeffery? He's been out and Fox has been incredibly tight lipped so it's hard to get a read on the situation.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
Is T. Coleman worth picking up the waiver wire, in case the wheels fall off the Freeman bus?

I could drop V. Jackson, M. Gordon, or T. Taylor (have Brady) for him.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Watch Manning drop like 4 touchdowns his next game.

Remember last year, Brady was "done" after 4 games.. guy in my league dropped him.. picked him up and had the last laugh.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I am the perpetual #1 waiver spot (thank you reverse standings!) so I grabbed Charmander this week. I'm thinking I'll turn around and flip him for a QB since I really need the help there due to Peyton.

Who should I set my sights on? The JC owner has Ryan and Cam so I think I'll start there. It's 10 man .5 ppr keeper

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Freezer posted:

Is T. Coleman worth picking up the waiver wire, in case the wheels fall off the Freeman bus?

I could drop V. Jackson, M. Gordon, or T. Taylor (have Brady) for him.

Yes and Tyrod (sprained MCL makes it hard to be a mobile quarterback).

quote:

What's everyone's feelings on Alshon Jeffery? He's been out and Fox has been incredibly tight lipped so it's hard to get a read on the situation.

Well you're certainly not dropping him, and you're not playing him so long as he's not practicing, so I'm not sure it matters how John Fox decides to show his contempt for the media on any given day. Proceed as usual.

quote:

Am I the only one thinking Knile Davis will win the starting job?

He's only ever been a volume guy. By many metrics, he's been one of the least effective running backs in football whenever he's been a starter (e.g. 42nd of 43 in DVOA last year, bottom five in EPA/P etc) . The walrus likes CWest anyways so CWest it is.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 14, 2015

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

T Bowl posted:

Watch Manning drop like 4 touchdowns his next game.

Remember last year, Brady was "done" after 4 games.. guy in my league dropped him.. picked him up and had the last laugh.

Brady's problem was offensive line musical chairs. Peyton's problems are A) being old as balls (which has given him a severe case of noodle-arm), B) Kubiak trying to make Peyton be a Kubiak QB (lol), and also C) an offensive line full of suck.

I'd rather have Cutler.

Also :siren:I dropped CJA today:siren: (for Charmander).

Kept Ronnie just in case. Couldn't justify keeping both.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
A league mate is looking to trade his RBs as he is very low on all of them, and wants WRs/Defenses, 2 positions I am strong at. He's got:

QB: Palmer, Bridgewater
RB: Lacy, Miller, Gore, Vereen, C. West, Antonio Andrwws
WR: Marshall, Cooper, Aikin, Cruz
TE: Kelce

I have:

QB: Eli, Bradford
RB: Foster, Ivory, Latavius, Christine Michael
WR: Julio, demaryius, Allen Robinson, John Brown, Ty Montgomery
TE: Walker
D: Jets and Panthers

I am 5 - 0 and it's a 14 team league. I'm tempted to trade Demaryius and the Panthers and see if I can get Lacy and Cooper... Should I stick with what I've got or are there good trades to be made?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I offered a guy in my league Carr for Stafford yesterday and he rejected it so he could drop Stafford for Josh McCown.

Yeah okay sure.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Ok, so I picked up Barnidge to replace Witten on the bye week

Here is my dilemma:

Next week is Denver's Bye, and I have Denver DST, B. McManus, and D.Thomas

There's no way I'm dropping Denver DST, I have enough depth at WR to replace Thomas and McManus is expendable but I'd rather keep him cause he's been good

Does it make sense for me to drop two players in order to pick up a backup D and K for the bye week, or do I just drop one guy for the D and stream kickers hoping to pick McManus up again on the wire or as a FA in the future?

I was originally going to drop my backup TE after Witten's by week, but Barnidge might end up having some value

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Duro posted:

Ok, so I picked up Barnidge to replace Witten on the bye week

Here is my dilemma:

Shop Barnidge, drop your damned kicker.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'm about 1 week away from flat out dropping Peyton and platooning Flacco and Cutler. Yes, carrying 3QBs is dumb, I know this.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Forever_Peace posted:

Peyton's problems are A) being old as balls (which has given him a severe case of noodle-arm), B) Kubiak trying to make Peyton be a Kubiak QB (lol), and also C) an offensive line full of suck.

So by the age thing, Brady will be noodle armed by next season i'd expect.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Well I managed to get Riddick to replace McFadden for the week. It also made me realize I only have 3 RBs now and am very heavily loaded with WRs.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

T Bowl posted:

If Brady also finishes the last six games this year with a completion rate under 60%, I'd be willing to believe that he'd be similarly bad next year.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I missed out on Charcandrick West. Because he went for 500 dollars.

Somebody just spent half their free agent cash on a rookie who has like ten carries ever.

edit:

Spoeank posted:

I offered a guy in my league Carr for Stafford yesterday and he rejected it so he could drop Stafford for Josh McCown.

Yeah okay sure.

Check to me? I don't think so because I FOLD!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

kiimo posted:

I missed out on Charcandrick West. Because he went for 500 dollars.

Somebody just spent half their free agent cash on a rookie who has like ten carries ever.

I spent about 70% of my FAAB cash on him. :getin:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Forever_Peace posted:

If Brady also finishes the last six games this year with a completion rate under 60%, I'd be willing to believe that he'd be similarly bad next year.

Yeah but wasn't Manning hurt all those games last season it came out post playoffs.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm sour grapes. He looks legit.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

kiimo posted:

I'm sour grapes. He looks legit.

Did he? I didn't watch too much of that game

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

T Bowl posted:

Brady hasn't had neck surgeries, he should hold up a bit longer.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I'm in a 12-person standard scoring ESPN league, (3 WR, 2 FLEX) and I'm currently ranked first. I have a ton of WRs, but I'm pretty weak at RBs. (Other than Marshawn, I have TJ Yeldon and Antonio Andrews.)

Someone's offering me Andre Ellington one-on-one trade for any of the following:

Emmanuel Sanders
Sammy Watkins
Allen Hurns
Kendall Wright
and now Victor Cruz.(questionable, depending on actual playing.)

I might be willing to part with Wright, but he said he's really interested in Sanders or Hurns, though. My fear with Ellington is that while he was gone, the other Cardinals RBs pretty much established themselves so much that he's probably not going to get as many snaps.

Is this a trade worth pursuing?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

Did he? I didn't watch too much of that game

Preseason.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

T Bowl posted:

Yeah but wasn't Manning hurt all those games last season it came out post playoffs.

Yes, torn quad. But he posted back to back games of less than 180 yards before getting hurt.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
so I got Freeman for Luck (woo!) and am wondering if I should spend this empty roster slot to pick up Stafford, currently starting Bort

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004
Could use some feedback on a trade;

My: TJ Yeldon
for
His: Karlos Williams

On the surface I think Yeldon has far more value (dedicated 3 down back, not currently concussed, or behind McCoy on the depth chart if/when he returns from his hamstring injury). But it's a keeper league, and based on where they were drafted, Williams could be kept for a 12th round pick next year, whereas keeping Yeldon would cost me a 1st (and as such, probably wouldn't be kept).

Yeldon is currently my 3rd running back; behind ADP and Freeman and in front of Ellington and CJ Anderson. We start 2RB and a flex, but since ADP has already had his bye, I'm not sure how big of a loss Yeldon would be if Freeman keeps it up and Ellington remains a descent Flex option.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Suave Fedora posted:

We haven't seen anything from him yet, so yeah that's a bad trade for you. Right now we cannot say with certainty that he would be the Knile Davis-replacing JC from yesteryear, because the situation contextually is no longer the same.
Yeah, I pretty much knew that but needed someone to tell me. I've actually worked out this trade instead:

R Cobb
J Forsett
A Hurns

for

A Foster
C West
J Maclin

It's a risk for me but I'm not very happy with my team and I'm not sold on Forsett producing long-term so I think I'm going to pull the trigger.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Drop Crowell or Ellington for CMike? I'm not about to start any of them (have LVB, Lacy, and Gio). I could also give up on DJax.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I need a TE. I want to offer a trade to this team for Barnidge (or Graham I guess), what should I offer?

Me
Philip Rivers SD - QB
Odell Beckham Jr. NYG - WR
Demaryius Thomas Den - WR
Mark Ingram NO - RB
T.J. Yeldon Jax - RB
Brandon Marshall NYJ - WR
Chandler Catanzaro Ari - K
Arizona Ari - DEF
John Brown Ari - WR
Carlos Hyde SF - RB
Sam Bradford Phi - QB
Lamar Miller Mia - RB
Ryan Mathews Phi - RB
Charcandrick West KC - RB

Him
Eli Manning NYG - QB
Jeremy Maclin KC - WR
DeAndre Hopkins Hou - WR
Le'Veon Bell Pit - RB
LeGarrette Blount NE - RB
Jimmy Graham Sea - TE
Travis Benjamin Cle - WR
Steven Hauschka Sea - K
Denver Den - DEF
Gary Barnidge Cle - TE
Latavius Murray Oak - RB
Alshon Jeffery Chi - WR
Marcus Mariota Ten - QB
Rishard Matthews Mia - WR

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Vargo posted:

I'm in a 12-person standard scoring ESPN league, (3 WR, 2 FLEX) and I'm currently ranked first. I have a ton of WRs, but I'm pretty weak at RBs. (Other than Marshawn, I have TJ Yeldon and Antonio Andrews.)

Someone's offering me Andre Ellington one-on-one trade for any of the following:

Emmanuel Sanders
Sammy Watkins
Allen Hurns
Kendall Wright
and now Victor Cruz.(questionable, depending on actual playing.)

I might be willing to part with Wright, but he said he's really interested in Sanders or Hurns, though. My fear with Ellington is that while he was gone, the other Cardinals RBs pretty much established themselves so much that he's probably not going to get as many snaps.

Is this a trade worth pursuing?

If he'd do it for Cruz you should make that trade in a heartbeat. I don't think Cruz is even worth rostering, personally.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Then again Ellington is a dream-killer.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
i always chose charmander, bublasaur is for pussies trying to get an easy route through the first two gyms and are content with a lovely final evolution

this will be no different.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Ellington only got 3 carries in a game that was over halfway through the first quarter. One was for a 63yd td though

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I would never want to start him, but he's still more valuable than Victor loving Cruz.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Drop Crowell or Ellington for CMike? I'm not about to start any of them (have LVB, Lacy, and Gio). I could also give up on DJax.

Neither.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Dandy Kaiser posted:

i always chose charmander, bublasaur is for pussies trying to get an easy route through the first two gyms and are content with a lovely final evolution

this will be no different.

Does that mean that Jim Caldwell is Gary Oak?

Or maybe Stafford is just togepi.

:iiapa:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

I would never want to start him, but he's still more valuable than Victor loving Cruz.

I agree completely. Just wanted to mention his return game statline. It's also likely he was on a snap count of some kind and/or Arians didn't see a point in risking Andre's health in a game the Lions lost on their first drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I thought Ellington was going to turn into Charles.

I guess he has when it comes to injuries.

• Locked thread