Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Still the best op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

quote:

Moroboshi Kirari: More than six feet tall. Carries Futaba Anzu around in a sort of Master-Blaster configuration.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

that op doesn't mention what a total memer kaede is

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Sakurazuka posted:

Still the best op

:agreed:

It's the best treatment of introducing characters I've read thus far.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

There's not really any saving introducing that many characters, even for a 26-episode anime series, but it's a good reference piece

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

kinoko status: acquired

got both SRs in this event so far, nice.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Puchimasu/Vol-007-Ch-083-Read-Online?id=244048

Not really any other Im@s to post this in right now?

e: THE ART IS SO GOOD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Sonata Mused fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Oct 11, 2015

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I have received my fourth SR Honoka from event drops.

Syoko has forsaken me.

I soldier on.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I've got one SR Honoka and then a bunch of rares, so you're doing better than I am, technically

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
All I've gotten are a bunch of rares, but I also got one out of a non-typed song. Is that meant to happen? I kinda assumed you only got stuff from the day's type of song. Is that just a "higher appearance rate" thing?

As for the lag guy: on an iphone 5, it stops being nice and smooth above like, speed 8, playing with the cut-ins and sfx off, on the static 2d. Which is fine, since on the 3d modes, notes keep blending into the drat background. If anything'd send me away from this, it would be the random crashes during loading screens. God, that's annoying.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Yeah, the event gives you the chance to get rewards from any song you play. It's just that you have a higher chance of a drop if you a) play a promoted-attribute song and/or b) have a higher star rank idol as the center of the team you use to play the song.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Maki GET

Now to return to only intermittent idoling.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Maki GET

Now to return to only intermittent idoling.

Godammit I want it so bad

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Yeah I'm gonna be tempted to T1/2 for that in roughly a year.

In SS news i am on my fifth SR Honoka and seventh whatsherface new Cute R.
Syoko remains elusive.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I just went to rearrange my EN teams, since it had been a while and promo cards don't play nice with the auto selection criteria, and I realized that I have a full team of level 60 Cool SRs that aren't good enough for my main team. That's sad. I suppose some of them have a home on a perfect lock team, but I wish there was a purpose to the others besides hanging around in case I draw their twin. Ah well, I suppose EN will eventually get the seal shop.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'm in the top 7,000! yay!

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I don't have enough cards yet to really do anything other than auto-form them (though I have all R teams now at least). The SR collection is steadily getting bigger though.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
so is it possible to get rin if I'm literally not good enough to beat hard mode without burning a love gem

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

John McClane posted:

so is it possible to get rin if I'm literally not good enough to beat hard mode without burning a love gem

I don't think so. Even after I got to the point where I was getting S ranks on the hards I still had to burn a few gems refilling my LPs to get Rice Queen Hanayo.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

John McClane posted:

Just one Rin, yeah. I was able to get the Umi from the last event of this sort mostly playing normals. But you won't be able to get a second one to idolize, I don't think.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

John McClane posted:

If you use your stamina efficiently and don't fail songs too often, you should be able to get the 11000 points necessary playing on normal. It'll take a lot of playing, though. Worst-case, you'd have to burn a few love gems to restore your stamina to get the remainder on the last day. Rapid level-ups at the start help, but the fact that you waste hours of stamina overnight hurts. Good luck!

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I don't get enough chances to play during work hours usually, so I'm stuck with lunch and as many songs as I can get once I'm home.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

John McClane posted:

Playing lower difficulty songs just means that you have a smaller LP cushion, but it's not so bad that it's impossible. A token event song at Normal difficulty with an S score, S combo nets the same amount of points per token as Hard A score, B combo. And it's a lot easier to pull off.

The real hurdle is needing to play the same song so many more times. You'll probably start hearing "rin, rin, rin" in your sleep.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Trihugger posted:

Playing lower difficulty songs just means that you have a smaller LP cushion, but it's not so bad that it's impossible. A token event song at Normal difficulty with an S score, S combo nets the same amount of points per token as Hard A score, B combo. And it's a lot easier to pull off.

The real hurdle is needing to play the same song so many more times. You'll probably start hearing "rin, rin, rin" in your sleep.

Actually, it is more efficient to do harder songs if you can score well. It's not huge, but it is a thing. The general rule of thumb is to play on the hardest difficulty you can generally S-rank on.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
yo graybook, go tell Seafood to change the thread tag to Nico

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Already done.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Sorry about that I was asleep oh dear Christ we are beyond God's holy salvation

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

graybook posted:

Sorry about that I was asleep oh dear Christ we are beyond God's holy salvation

It's a new golden age, actually.

I haven't touched SS in like a month now, which is shame because I do like the game but I can't make myself care about the myriad of idols in the game.

SIF is kind of bugging me because this whole early event deal means that we only have the daily EX song(s) in rotation at the moment, and I can only play Kokuhaku Biyori so many times before I get frustrated that I still can't get past a C combo.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
(the joke is that nico is one of the reasons i got into love live in the first place, the other reason being that i had heard about SIF)

SS is more appealing to me because of the challenge it presents (accidentally FC'd Dokidoki Rhythm like yesterday when I was just trying to improve my score rank), though I really can't see myself improving on 27/28-star songs soon. I also don't really have much reason to care for the unvoiced idols or even really some of the voiced ones since they're not doing cute/dramatic things in the anime.

SIF I'm just coasting on for now. I just want to see the timing issues fixed and, as you noted, the new EX songs to come out so I can earn a few more rewards.
I hope it won't take until the 16th or whenever to see the new EX batch since I think that's when it said we'd get the EX versions of Nico Puri and Garasu no Hanazono.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Maybe I'd care more about SS if I watched the CG anime, but I haven't even been keeping up with the shows I want to watch this season, so who knows when I'd make time for that :shrug:

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
The current event in SIF being Rin is killing me, especially because I love Koi no Signal RinRinRin and its EX chart. The timing issue's turned me off so much that I just skipped the last two events, even after adjusting the timing.

SS is very fun, but trying to fullcombo songs tends to be annoying. It's mainly because of the flicks and zigzags(took me ages just to FC Legne Adanasu on PRO). I can appreciate the effort put into it though, the game looks prettier than the Love Live Vita game even. Also the Room feature is too addictive.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I really enjoy animal crossinging the idol room. I wish it was a bit more fleshed out and allowed more furniture facings and view angle changes, though.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Aku posted:

The current event in SIF being Rin is killing me, especially because I love Koi no Signal RinRinRin and its EX chart. The timing issue's turned me off so much that I just skipped the last two events, even after adjusting the timing.

SS is very fun, but trying to fullcombo songs tends to be annoying. It's mainly because of the flicks and zigzags(took me ages just to FC Legne Adanasu on PRO). I can appreciate the effort put into it though, the game looks prettier than the Love Live Vita game even. Also the Room feature is too addictive.

Oh god there's a Love Live game for the Vita? Where do I get my hands on this?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Oh god there's a Love Live game for the Vita? Where do I get my hands on this?

Here's one version: https://www.amazon.com/School-Paradise-Limited-Edition-Import-3010556011/dp/B00F2DWPP8

There's also a version for Printemps and Lily White, I believe.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I really enjoy animal crossinging the idol room. I wish it was a bit more fleshed out and allowed more furniture facings and view angle changes, though.

Yeah. I really want all my furniture to be interactable but that means I have to leave weird gaps in places because I can't turn the furniture so it fits well without blocking off the interaction spot.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I'm sure we'll get the option to spend jewels to expand our office space somewhere down the line. :v:

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

It's official. I fall asleep singing Rin Rin Rin to myself. It's happening. I don't dislike it.

The FC still eludes me though. I manage to land 1 good every time in that little 16th run.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

graybook posted:

Here's one version: https://www.amazon.com/School-Paradise-Limited-Edition-Import-3010556011/dp/B00F2DWPP8

There's also a version for Printemps and Lily White, I believe.

Thank you for enabling me. Now to try and hunt down the other two so I have all 9...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

ChubbyThePhat posted:

It's official. I fall asleep singing Rin Rin Rin to myself. It's happening. I don't dislike it.

The FC still eludes me though. I manage to land 1 good every time in that little 16th run.

This is one of those songs that I grew to love since watching Rin's VA sing it in one of the live concerts. This event in general I love and am willing to put up with the delay to get that SR.

In terms of comboing the 16th run, if you need help with remembering the sequence, it goes like this: 2-8-2-7-3-7-4-6-4-6-4-6-4. The EX chart will sneak in a harder run before this one, on top of the last part being more difficult. It's a lot of fun though, it reminds me of a DDR chart.

---

In terms of CGSS, I only have one more song on to fullcombo and I'll have Pro FCed all the available songs so far. Anzu no Uta is so annoying though.