Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Danann posted:

Hmm, how much is Konami willing to license out the Metal Gears for a guest appearance?

Considering all they are now is a cash grab... probably a lot :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Has anyone had a problem with buying stuff and it ending up on the wrong server?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Quinntan posted:

Has anyone had a problem with buying stuff and it ending up on the wrong server?

I had one weird instance where I went to buy some gold and had everything selected as NA but when it took my to paypal it wanted me to pay in some euro play money.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Dezztroy posted:

I thought they fixed the battalion popcap? Still says full at 50.

They fixed it for new battalions. Old ones are still 50, until they find a way to fix that problem. :v:

Also, invite for EU please, AlleviatedRisk

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
The BMP is cool, but it's also a little slow to scout, and it's gun doesn't depress enough, so you end up in sad situations where you can't use your big alpha and you can't waddle your stupid rear end back behind hills fast enough to do good peek scouts without getting shot.

Can't wait for those ATGMs.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

More EU invites gone, if I have missed someone post again I guess I ain't got no pm's or nothing lol.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Looks like a known issue with NA Collector's Editions being sent to the EU server:

http://aw.my.com/en/forum/showthread.php?35099-collectors-edition-bought-for-NA-they-sent-it-to-EU&p=493745&viewfull=1#post493745

Maybe fixed soon?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dezztroy posted:

If PvE doesn't end with straight up mechs, they've hosed up.

Tier 20 tanks just straight up launches MechWarrior Online :pgi:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The BMP series is basically the scout line whos jobs is to bust into the other scouts homes, murder them, and then sit on their sofa and tell their bros where all the deads scouts family lives. It has plenty of camo when the enemy scouts are dead.

Welmu
Oct 9, 2007
Metri. Piiri. Sekunti.
Can I get an invite to for EU? Same name as here.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Michaellaneous posted:

Because on their own, with the big guns, the BMPs are just kinda...nothing special?

Hm. I see you're as bad at this game as you are at War Thunder.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Vorkosigan posted:

Looks like a known issue with NA Collector's Editions being sent to the EU server:

http://aw.my.com/en/forum/showthread.php?35099-collectors-edition-bought-for-NA-they-sent-it-to-EU&p=493745&viewfull=1#post493745

Maybe fixed soon?

Seems to be fixed now. Certainly was for me. Thanks.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Welmu posted:

Can I get an invite to for EU? Same name as here.

It is done.

vicious citrus
Dec 10, 2014

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.
How does matchmaking work in this game? Like, are teams separated by nation, or is it mixed games? Also, what is the tier range, because scout matchmaking in WoT is horrid.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Vorkosigan posted:

Bolo Marks II and III or :getout:

This is from a page ago but what I wouldn't give to see the early Bolo marks in this

"Black Company, the PLM has gotten ahold of... Well, we're not sure, but it's big."

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

vicious citrus posted:

How does matchmaking work in this game? Like, are teams separated by nation, or is it mixed games? Also, what is the tier range, because scout matchmaking in WoT is horrid.
Mixed games. The available tanks aren't sorted according to nation either, but instead purchased from arms dealers who stock whatever the gently caress along vague lines like "East European MBTs" or "things that go fast and shoot things". Tiers are really tight early on, but later it's +/- 1, I think. Two arty per side.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I've found that completing hard missions is much easier when you tell pubs to ignore the secondaries, and focus on securing the capture points first. Nine times out of ten, a failure is cause by the fact that three of your MBTs will drive to a truck just to have an AFV or arty get to it two seconds before.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
First game with artillery, trying to get my double. I reset the cap 10 times, do 1600-2000 damage. It's an extremely close game and we lose by 3 tanks, probably because we had 3 tanks that did literally nothing.

Second game with artillery. I fired and hit 5 shots, then an armored car drove straight into our base and killed me. We won.

:fuckthis:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Fart Car '97 posted:

Hm. I see you're as bad at this game as you are at War Thunder.

You understood me wrong. They are super amazing and cool party busses. But without the ATGM or the secondary autocannon they are just kinda another light tank.

That's why they probably changed the line around later.

Also gently caress you.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

First game with artillery, trying to get my double. I reset the cap 10 times, do 1600-2000 damage. It's an extremely close game and we lose by 3 tanks, probably because we had 3 tanks that did literally nothing.

Second game with artillery. I fired and hit 5 shots, then an armored car drove straight into our base and killed me. We won.

:fuckthis:

I really don't see why they don't just give you a 2x token to use on whatever game you feel was worth doubling.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Keeshhound posted:

I really don't see why they don't just give you a 2x token to use on whatever game you feel was worth doubling.

Because Obsidian is good but not that good.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Keeshhound posted:

That would be a bit generous, if you could do it for every vehicle. If they gave you either a set amount of tokens for daily use instead of doubles, or one special token every day/week/whatever, that would be neat.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

That would be a bit generous, if you could do it for every vehicle. If they gave you either a set amount of tokens for daily use instead of doubles, or one special token every day/week/whatever, that would be neat.

Why? You're already getting a double for every vehicle, I don't really see why it would be too generous to let you decide when you want it applied.

Edit: I think I see what the confusion is. I meant that instead of giving you a double on your first win, you'd get a button at the end of a match screen that let you double one match a day, for each tank.

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 14, 2015

JasH
Jun 20, 2001

I'd like an EU invite too; username is Chriane.

Thanks!

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Has anybody used ATGMs on the Starship? I've tried them out for a couple games and while the longer reload, targeting time, and travel time suck having almost 500 pen at tier 4 seems like alot, Im penning almost everything I hit no matter where.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Keeshhound posted:

Why? You're already getting a double for every vehicle, I don't really see why it would be too generous to let you decide when you want it applied.

Edit: I think I see what the confusion is. I meant that instead of giving you a double on your first win, you'd get a button at the end of a match screen that let you double one match a day, for each tank.

I think people are well aware of what you suggest, but still deem it to generous. Instead of turning an average match into two average matches you give everyone the ability to save it for a great game. So instead of the 2x battle beeing an actual 2x, it turns into a 4x or 6x compared to the actual average income. Still I doubt anyone here would really oppose this, but everyone just realize that this is too much of a reduction to the grind to be ever implemented by any F2P publisher.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Axetrain posted:

Has anybody used ATGMs on the Starship? I've tried them out for a couple games and while the longer reload, targeting time, and travel time suck having almost 500 pen at tier 4 seems like alot, Im penning almost everything I hit no matter where.

I think the ATGM's on the starship are basically that tanks gimmick, no other MBT gets ATGM's until like tier 6 right? It's missiles are quite solid for tier 4.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

YellerBill posted:

This is from a page ago but what I wouldn't give to see the early Bolo marks in this

"Black Company, the PLM has gotten ahold of... Well, we're not sure, but it's big."

This would be so loving good.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

JasH posted:

I'd like an EU invite too; username is Chriane.

Thanks!

Inivite snent.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Feindfeuer posted:

I think people are well aware of what you suggest, but still deem it to generous. Instead of turning an average match into two average matches you give everyone the ability to save it for a great game. So instead of the 2x battle beeing an actual 2x, it turns into a 4x or 6x compared to the actual average income. Still I doubt anyone here would really oppose this, but everyone just realize that this is too much of a reduction to the grind to be ever implemented by any F2P publisher.

But that's not going to be a grind reducer. Sure, everyone gets that perfect game sometimes, but out of your average sweep of all your tanks first wins, how many times do you get one that was crap? How many more games would you have to keep playing to finally get one you thought was "worth" spending the double on? And remember, if you do really well, that usually means at least half of your team did poorly. So for every 4x, 6x or even 8x average win, you get at least 5, and probably at least 10 people who thought that their match sucked rear end.

I don't have access to anything like the statistics that'd be needed to make an accurate estimate, but I feel pretty confident that you'd get way more "That last match was poo poo, no way I'm wasting my double on that" than "well that just saved me 8 games!" outcomes.

Darkmoon2k
May 1, 2005
I'm trying to send out invites to NA Goons. CHAI on NA is at 50 members, but I'm still getting "The battalion is currently full" messages. I thought they fixed this poo poo in the latest hot patch - the cap was supposedly fixed to be 100.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

If you do get the room I would appreciate an invite. Axetrain in game as well.

Darkmoon2k
May 1, 2005

Axetrain posted:

If you do get the room I would appreciate an invite. Axetrain in game as well.

Notate your server, please.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

NA

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what
The hotfix only applies to newly created groups. When it's fixed for existing groups please invite NA IGN :Flagellum

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Darkmoon2k posted:

I'm trying to send out invites to NA Goons. CHAI on NA is at 50 members, but I'm still getting "The battalion is currently full" messages. I thought they fixed this poo poo in the latest hot patch - the cap was supposedly fixed to be 100.
Apparently it was only lifted for all future battalions, not existing ones. :v:

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
EU invite please, Max_Manus ingame.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Max Manus posted:

EU invite please, Max_Manus ingame.

I was just about to go to bed but it is done.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I haven't unlocked it yet, but is the Begleitpanzer 57 completely OP or is it just me? Sure, it's a squishy light tank, but it has a gun that can do 12,000 dpm... 209 damage @ 67.5 rounds per minute... I suppose the caveat is it only has 140 pen, so sides and backs only.

Edit: Oh, it has an 8 round clip with 14s reload. Guys, I think I found the 13-90/batchat equivalent.

Edit2: Also, I think that view ranges in this game are absurdly short for a 'modern' tank game. I was just on the highway earlier and I could easily see traffic moving off an exit from a sign saying it was over a mile distant. That's at least 1500 meters. On the open sand/city/etc maps I think you should easily have 1km visibility. And for the airport map, why can't I see a tank moving across the runway 1km away? That's nothing.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The reason view ranges are short is because they want to emphasizes the roll of spotting for AFV I think. I like that heavy huge rear end tanks can't spot as far as the scouts in this. Also the bagel owns.

• Locked thread