Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Counts as news I guess

https://twitter.com/bethesdastudios/status/654355855903731712

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faded Mars
Jul 1, 2004

It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga.
New trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3IlHBBGCIw

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
No gameplay, unfortunately. Also the wasteland in those shots looks identical to the capital wasteland, e.g. incredibly loving greenish brown.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
My real takeaway from that trailer is that the dog clearly needs a tiny set of power armour. I wouldn't worry too much about the wasteland in that trailer, considering it's mostly live action, Bethesda seems to be pretty over the brown craze of a few years ago.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
All I want is to be a nihilistic Jx Fallout who is stoned out of xis mind on rad-weed 24/7. Since cannibalism is an established thing, I really want to be able to induce it amongst my settlements. I mean, surely Bethesda will let us be slavers. Cannibal slavers just makes sense.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
At least its loving something and I hope the music in 4 is all early rock n roll, rockabilly and do-wop.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Have they said how many mods you're allowed to have on your weapons? Also can't wait to jingle jangle while I blow people's heads off

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Gonna need a 'skulls of my enemies' mod where I can cover my power armour in bones.

Huntsekker
May 2, 2003

"That really was the most fun I've had with anything Munchkin related ever."

Bob NewSCART posted:

Have they said how many mods you're allowed to have on your weapons? Also can't wait to jingle jangle while I blow people's heads off

Is that song coming back?

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

short, but I liked it. the song made me smile, and the graphics look great. detail on his vault suit, the fur on the dog, and the lighting all jumped out as very impressive. it helps that i'm playing fo3 right now, so jumping to fo4 will be huge.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Bob NewSCART posted:

In the vanilla game it will depend on whatever number of variations Bethesda felt like making for the weapon in question. In the footage where they introduced weapon modding the assault rifle had 6 slots for modification, while the laser rifle had 5, the plasma rifle 4.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I thought he was gonna pet the dog at the end and then he didn't :smith:

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

I thought he was gonna pet the dog at the end and then he didn't :smith:

Pre-order cancelled :mad:

Scott Forstall posted:

short, but I liked it. the song made me smile, and the graphics look great. detail on his vault suit, the fur on the dog, and the lighting all jumped out as very impressive. it helps that i'm playing fo3 right now, so jumping to fo4 will be huge.

Maybe :thejoke: but you know that was a live-action trailer with some CG, right? :v:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
This game will be inferior to MGSV solely based on if you can pet the dog with a button at any given time.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Oct 15, 2015

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Generation Internet posted:

Maybe :thejoke: but you know that was a live-action trailer with some CG, right? :v:

watched it on my phone so i didnt see it that close, if so thats a bummer. have they done live action trailers before? seems odd

e: watched again and i guess i can see it, looks too good if it was in game.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Huntsekker posted:

Is that song coming back?

No.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Scott Forstall posted:

watched it on my phone so i didnt see it that close, if so thats a bummer. have they done live action trailers before? seems odd

e: watched again and i guess i can see it, looks too good if it was in game.

Skyrim had a Live Action trailer, but I'm not super convinced that this was -really- live action. Even the 'real' parts look like they've been brushed over with a CG coating and I think it's cheating to call that 'live'

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

Peztopiary posted:

All I want is to be a nihilistic Jx Fallout who is stoned out of xis mind on rad-weed 24/7. Since cannibalism is an established thing, I really want to be able to induce it amongst my settlements. I mean, surely Bethesda will let us be slavers. Cannibal slavers just makes sense.

You forgot making them all kids. Surely Bethesda would not allow killing children so you have IMMORTAL cannibal slavers.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I like how they have the trailer guy using an M1A even though all the weapons actually in the game are probably going to be some cartoony poo poo.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Magmarashi posted:

Skyrim had a Live Action trailer, but I'm not super convinced that this was -really- live action. Even the 'real' parts look like they've been brushed over with a CG coating and I think it's cheating to call that 'live'

It's actually Todd Howard with his hair slicked back in a Vault Suit wandering around the Meth fueled wasteland that is Albuquerque.

On a real note, I wish they'd stop being such cock teases and just release the drat game already :arghfist: I suspect as we draw closer they're going to be releasing more and more stuff for people to look at, they need to contend with a few other major releases around the same time and they'll want to get the hype back up to where it was around E3.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Generation Internet posted:

I can't tell if the guy is CGI. I'm pretty sure the dog is a real dog.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

will this game have small guns, speech, and lockpicking so i can play the exact same character I've played in every other fallout game?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Frog Act posted:

will this game have small guns, speech, and lockpicking so i can play the exact same character I've played in every other fallout game?

It's more of a Skyrim type system than FO3.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Man Whore posted:

I like how they have the trailer guy using an M1A even though all the weapons actually in the game are probably going to be some cartoony poo poo.

As much as the customization may lead to incredible ways to chunk mutants and poo poo, I really did love just walking the wasteland with a bolt action rifle in the previous games, and later a big loving revolver.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Frog Act posted:

Yes, they are just copying everything from fallout 3 & updating the graphics. Wouldn't be surprised to see re-used assets still refer to DC until the free HD DLC drops next year.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Frog Act posted:

It will have guns that are small, talking, and the ability to pick locks.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Cheap Shot posted:

It will have guns that are small, talking, and the ability to pick locks.

Lock-n-Load is my favourite character of 2015.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Personally I can't wait for a mod that replaces the power armor with a supermutant.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
That intro is so perfect.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Aww man I was hoping for a new gameplay video but this makes sense with their strategy of a lot of the game still being kinda mysterious.

I understand them making a pure hype video and I hope the music in this is in-game too

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

It's more of a Skyrim type system than FO3.

Nevets posted:

Yes, they are just copying everything from fallout 3 & updating the graphics. Wouldn't be surprised to see re-used assets still refer to DC until the free HD DLC drops next year.

wait which one of these is accurate then? I mean I'm cool with either situation I'm just wondering

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

7c Nickel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nznaDYN9czs
Best part of the movie - rest of it, eh, missing the charm of the earlier ones...

Still wish you could survive the bomb frozen in your refrigerator for 200 years.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Frog Act posted:

wait which one of these is accurate then? I mean I'm cool with either situation I'm just wondering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsFpH4jm-QI

Basically you'll wanna have the SPECIAL stats on the exact amount necessary to get the Lockpicking perk, for example. Don't think there's a pure Small Guns perk, but you can choose to do more damage if wielding single-shot weapons/pistols/automatic weapons.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Man Whore posted:

It's clearly an M14. :goonsay:

E: NVM, I thought you meant an M1A Carbine

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 15, 2015

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
And since everyone here seems desperate for more info on Fallout 4, here's the only new gameplay footage we've seen of FO4 since E3 (in a Fallout Shelter update):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kizzTSyvoLQ

Skip to about 0:24 and there's some footage of Piper. Her mouth is kinda weird though, I hope it's not that noticeable in the game itself as we also saw the same with the Vault-Tec salesman; they way they move their lips is not how you'd pronounce a P, B or O.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Back Hack posted:

It's clearly an M14. :goonsay:

E: NVM, I thought you meant an M1A Carbine

Who really got goonsayed here :smug:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

7c Nickel posted:

such a neat trailer, I hope the game is fun.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I HATE THEM

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Well, I guess the standard has been set for modders to live up to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Well, I guess the standard has been set for modders to live up to.

None of those options imply inappropriate sex in public or raping wildlife and/or other crimes against nature.

• Locked thread