Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I just wanted to say that Moon Knight is stupid and Netflix making a Moon Knight show is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Moon Knight is one of those characters I've always liked for reasons I can't exactly explain, along with Wonder Man and Vision. Maybe it's just because I enjoyed a couple prominent storylines he was in when I read comics as a kid.

The question is if this is going to be the Moon Knight I remember enjoying, or the multiple personality Moon Knight, or the other Bendis multiple personality Moon Knight. Just please let it not be from that series that was basically a parody of Spawn.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

If they're gonna make anything related to Moon Knight it's almost assuredly going to be based on Ellis' run, it'd be stupid not to, it's the first time anyone has given two shits about that character in like over a decade.

I would rather want that than an Iron Fist show personally, but hey I'll take both

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 14, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

This has been rumored for a while and I really hope it's true!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

This has been rumored for a while and I really hope it's true!

What I've read is that Marvel is really happy with the Netflix slate and is working on a Phase 2 for that platform. I guess MK would be in there but I've also heard a Thunderbolts series.

Again, all rumors.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

What I've read is that Marvel is really happy with the Netflix slate and is working on a Phase 2 for that platform. I guess MK would be in there but I've also heard a Thunderbolts series.

Again, all rumors.

Moon Knight, Punisher, Ghost Rider and T-Bolts from what I've heard.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

Ghost Rider

Word.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Like, what if the rumors were real and all these shows happened and like in 2020 we're like wow Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Thunderbolts, JJ, Moon Knight and Punisher series premiering in consecutive months.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

Rhyno posted:

All of these are exciting - but I foresee Punisher getting bumped up to MCU after his DD stint, and I could see Marvel hanging onto the Thunderbolts for the inevitable film reboots in phase 9 or whatever.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Now they just need to add Boston Legal: She-Hulk in there

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

Moon Knight is one of those characters I've always liked for reasons I can't exactly explain, along with Wonder Man and Vision. Maybe it's just because I enjoyed a couple prominent storylines he was in when I read comics as a kid.

The question is if this is going to be the Moon Knight I remember enjoying, or the multiple personality Moon Knight, or the other Bendis multiple personality Moon Knight. Just please let it not be from that series that was basically a parody of Spawn.

I'd hazard a guess that they're going to at least play up the whole multiple personality thing just try and head off any "Batman rip-off" comparisons.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ghost Rider might be tough because TV budget fire heads look awful.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Presumably he won't be having conversations with the Spider-Man, Captain America, and Wolverine that live in his head, because they can't afford those cameos.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

http://io9.com/y-the-last-man-is-fi...Ffull+%28io9%29

Y: The Last Man might (won't) get made into a TV show now.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Halloween Jack posted:

Presumably he won't be having conversations with the Spider-Man, Captain America, and Wolverine that live in his head, because they can't afford those cameos.

Having Khonshu on his shoulder like in the Charlie Huston run would be enough crazy for tv, methinks.

Although then people might call him a Birdman ripoff. :ironicat:

E: I wonder if they could afford Mark Hamill to voice him now that he's back making Star Wars movies.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Tuxedo Jack posted:

http://io9.com/y-the-last-man-is-fi...Ffull+%28io9%29

Y: The Last Man might (won't) get made into a TV show now.

I mean, with Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead's numbers they'd be stupid not to.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Walking Deads numbers are down from last year, and I don't think Fear the Walking Dead has been doing too well after an impressive start.

Anyways, the Moon Knight Netflix rumor is part of a story that originally was an April Fools joke, so I'd call bullshit on it unless it comes directly from Marvel or Netflix directly.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Walking Deads numbers are down from last year, and I don't think Fear the Walking Dead has been doing too well after an impressive start.

Anyways, the Moon Knight Netflix rumor is part of a story that originally was an April Fools joke, so I'd call bullshit on it unless it comes directly from Marvel or Netflix directly.

FTWD broke every viewership record for a first season cable show there was. TWD is down a bit but if draws more viewers than any five cable shows combined.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Make note, TWD got a 7.4 in demo rating which beat out every other entertainment telecast (excludes sports and awards and poo poo like that) since the start of the fall season, this includes all network and cable shows. That number also beat network hot drama darling Empire by 10%. TWD isn't in trouble and can ride these declines (if they even continue) for probably 4 or 5 more seasons if they wanted to.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If only there was a metaphor to describe a lifeless, soulless show that won't die and keeps shambling on.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

RevKrule posted:

Make note, TWD got a 7.4 in demo rating which beat out every other entertainment telecast (excludes sports and awards and poo poo like that) since the start of the fall season, this includes all network and cable shows. That number also beat network hot drama darling Empire by 10%. TWD isn't in trouble and can ride these declines (if they even continue) for probably 4 or 5 more seasons if they wanted to.

TWD regularly beats Sunday football which is just unheard of.

Regardless of your feelings about the show, it is extremely interesting in the way that it completely confounded the conventional wisdom about cable vs network and in a lot of ways is driving the current move toward serious cable drama and comedy.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
It's called a Simpsons

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

twistedmentat posted:

I didn't really watch the show, but I love it when people say this unknowingly about Fear The Walking Dead because they're comparing it to the unheard of numbers that Walking Dead gets. Apparently being the highest rated first season of any cable show ever is not an impressive start. Back to the drawing board!

Walking Dead's numbers being down from impossibly high to slightly less than impossibly high is also a sure sign of doom and gloom.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tuxedo Jack posted:

All of these are exciting - but I foresee Punisher getting bumped up to MCU after his DD stint, and I could see Marvel hanging onto the Thunderbolts for the inevitable film reboots in phase 9 or whatever.

No way, if Bernthal is popular in DD the logical next step is his own series. Technically the Netflix shows are their own thing for now, theyve said there is crossover potential down the road, I just don't see them jumping a newly christened TV character to a film. Frank Grillo (Crossbones) said that they wanted him to possibly be in a Netflix show and it sort of lined up with the T-Bolts rumors.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

X-O posted:

Walking Dead's numbers being down from impossibly high to slightly less than impossibly high is also a sure sign of doom and gloom.

The MCU is hosed I tell you.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

The MCU is hosed I tell you.

Damnit I was going to make this joke. Also I love the idea of a Y tv show, and unlike the Walking Dead, we know that it will eventually have an ending point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This year's Walking Dead return didn't seem as well promoted. Last year I was reading about it everywhere, this time you had to be watching AMC it seemed like.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

feedmyleg posted:

I mean, with Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead's numbers they'd be stupid not to.
On the other hand you know how Hollywood loves shows with 99% female cast members.

There was a THE ONLY MAN LEFT SciFi channel made for TV movie with no budget a while back, but obviously it was just a really cheap TV movie and not a high budget prestige series.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

In the most unexpected superhero tv news of the week, Charles Xavier's son with crazy hair deserves a chance more than [your favorite street level hero]

http://marvel.com/news/tv/25281/fx_networks_orders_pilot_for_legion?linkId=17951861

At first I wondered if Legion is going to solve crimes paired with a sardonic female officer, but Noah Hawley is involved in production - that guy has spun the idea of a Fargo tv series into gold, so it might turn out alright.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

This year's Walking Dead return didn't seem as well promoted. Last year I was reading about it everywhere, this time you had to be watching AMC it seemed like.

They were advertising it during NFL games dude, I saw ads everywhere.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fatherboxx posted:

In the most unexpected superhero tv news of the week, Charles Xavier's son with crazy hair deserves a chance more than [your favorite street level hero]

http://marvel.com/news/tv/25281/fx_networks_orders_pilot_for_legion?linkId=17951861

At first I wondered if Legion is going to solve crimes paired with a sardonic female officer, but Noah Hawley is involved in production - that guy has spun the idea of a Fargo tv series into gold, so it might turn out alright.

I wonder what Marvel got from Fox for this?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

fatherboxx posted:

It's actually a two-show deal, also including a Hellfire Club series on Fox.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/25282/fox_in_development_on_hellfire_working_title?linkId=17951885

Conspicuously, neither press release makes any mention of the words "X-Men" or "mutants" in the synopses or quotes, despite both obviously being adapted from X-properties. That may or may not be telling.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I was just about to post those, very odd choices for shows.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

As much as I like to poo poo on Fox for their creative choices, a Hellfire Club show could actually be pretty good and self contained.

I don't know how you do Legion outside of the X-Universe though....

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hope Fox just decided to flip Disney the finger and press forward on these shows.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Rhyno posted:

I hope Fox just decided to flip Disney the finger and press forward on these shows.

Er... they're coproduced with Marvel Television.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
kind of worried from those blurbs they're just going to strip out anything remotely x-meny or mutanty from those shows

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I wonder if they even keep Emma Frost, considering the show's premise is obviously talking about her.

Legion is easy, because being Xavier's son doesn't even matter.

Rhyno posted:

They were advertising it during NFL games dude, I saw ads everywhere.

What's that, a news channel?

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Oct 15, 2015

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

fatherboxx posted:

I love that the description of FX Networks includes "popular tv, that we show reruns of"

quote:

FX’s roster of acquired hit series includes Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother and Mike & Molly. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in more than 78 million homes....FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history, the late night animated block Animation Domination, and acquired hit series such as In Living Color, Mad About You and Parks and Recreation.

Though good on Paul Reiser for getting Mad About You back in syndication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
If anything it'd be Marvel Television flipping Feige the bird.