Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Besesoth posted:

I paid for it initially, and two months' sub beyond the included 30 days, and stopped only because I had to cut back on expenses. There are valid complaints, but goons are dogpiling on Wildstar because goons dogpile on stuff.

When I initially played it for the same period of time as you, the game used to glitch out and completely stop my graphics card about once every 2 hours on average. It hasn't crashed a single time since I started playing the F2P, so they've optimized it at least in terms of my computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Libertine posted:

When I initially played it for the same period of time as you, the game used to glitch out and completely stop my graphics card about once every 2 hours on average. It hasn't crashed a single time since I started playing the F2P, so they've optimized it at least in terms of my computer.

Yeah, as far as I can tell, it runs fine. ;)

I haven't had any problems with it, but I never really did, and I know some folks are still having trouble, although the list of affected hardware does seem to be getting smaller. I have been seeing some lag spikes, but one advantage of satellite internet is that I actually don't notice them as much. (It's always laggy, so it's just a matter of how MUCH lag I'm seeing at a given moment.)

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Yeah in terms of the game running smooth and everything, Wildstar's always been okay on my machine. I just figure I lucked out, cause I know AMD systems and cards shat the bed with it during beta and at launch; I only ever played in the original beta, briefly from a friend invite back at the end of 2014, and then with the free month from Humble Bundle and then the F2P beta to now.

It runs pretty smooth, even in Thayd, on high settings. I don't know how the Dominion town runs but I remember Thayd being the showstopper because of all the bullshit they have there.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
Just opened a Chest of Crafting Components and received 5 X "Malfunctioning Item" with instructions in the item description to open a ticket about it. Wildstar.

Edit: It also says to include a number, and it's like 20 digits long, and I can't copy/paste it into the window. Each number is unique. Also it happens with every bag I open in the Icy Daily zone.

Manifest Dynasty fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 13, 2015

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Im actually playing the game and people defending the game as "runs fine" are the funniest, and dumbest, cheerleaders in the chat.

This is absolutely a fair criticism, it should run better than it does (Also install one of the custom UI's from curse and it will run a fair bit better). On the upside I'm getting 30FPS in the dogpiled town of thayd when it used to run at sub 15 fps there, and my house which is loaded with poo poo gets me 60, this is on a Nvidia 660Ti.

Also holy poo poo the devs are listening:

quote:

Hey all,

I just wanted to pop in and give a quick update. We have heard your feedback and we plan to make the following adjustments soon.

· Removing Runes through the “Destroy” button will no longer cost gold.

· Gold cost for re-rolling runes will be reduced at all levels and rarities.

· We are adding a method to extract runes from an item with gold. (This will go to PTR before going to Live)

· Adjustments to repair costs to smooth it out and lessen the burden throughout the gear progression, particularly at the Vet Dungeon to Genetic Archive range.

· Lowering the cost to use common, uncommon, and rare dyes.

· Adjustments to Rune Fragment drop rates to increase the acquisition rates.

· Addition of a vendor that allows the trade-in of lower tier Rune Fragments to gain higher tier Rune Fragments. (This will go to PTR before going to Live)

Thanks again everyone for your feedback!

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

Also holy poo poo the devs are listening:

The quest 'The Dominion Did it' has been wholly uncompletable for at least a year now because a target is placed behind a door that cannot be opened, and a novels worth of reports about this have been created in all that time. It is the final quest step in an Episode.

Magmarashi fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Oct 13, 2015

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Magmarashi posted:

The quest 'The Dominion Did it' has been wholly uncompletable for at least a year now because a target is placed behind a door that cannot be opened, and a novels worth of reports about this have been created in all that time. It is the final quest step in an Episode.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Magmarashi posted:

Why isn't this #1 on the fix it list?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Why isn't this #1 on the fix it list?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Magmarashi posted:

Oh it's been uncompletable for a year? I thought it was just a few months. Not looking hopeful for my support ticket to get answered then huh.

Even worse, it seems like there's another bugged quest in the same zone.

Wildstar makes it really hard for me to like it.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
So did they actually add anything to this game.

I mean I know they added a protostar dungeon, but like have they actually added new content.

They apparently had a "years" worth ready to release every month so they must have plenty of content ready to dish out :rolleyes:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

VoLaTiLe posted:

I mean I know they added a protostar dungeon, but like have they actually added new content.

They apparently had a "years" worth ready to release every month so they must have plenty of content ready to dish out :rolleyes:

That promise of years worth of content went out the door with most of their staff.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

VoLaTiLe posted:

If you last played at launch/beta there are four zones in the game that weren't in game then. 3 of them kinda big and the 4th a really small hub.

One new dungeon, one new adventure, and I think a new raid?

All in all not bad for a year. But also not super polished.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Even playing in the off hours the server lag spikes get pretty horrendous.

Between the poorly programmed engine, crap ui, and the server issues, I don't think Wildstar can even support the amount of players it would need to be a success.

It just feels like the skeleton is too poorly made to use it for a large MMO.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Even playing in the off hours the server lag spikes get pretty horrendous.

Between the poorly programmed engine, crap ui, and the server issues, I don't think Wildstar can even support the amount of players it would need to be a success.

It just feels like the skeleton is too poorly made to use it for a large MMO.

During primetime the low level exile zones went from fine to rapidly borderline unplayable. Fortunately I have a level 50 that I could swap over too and Thayd, despite being super packed standing room only in some areas had next to no lag whatsoever. They really need to bolster the poo poo out of those new player zones, they have synching/instancing tech that allows you to be in different instances of the same zone, they need to spin up some servers.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Rhymenoserous posted:

If you last played at launch/beta there are four zones in the game that weren't in game then. 3 of them kinda big and the 4th a really small hub.

One new dungeon, one new adventure, and I think a new raid?

All in all not bad for a year. But also not super polished.

I haven't heard anything about a genuine new raid but I think the former 40 man/now 20 man is supposed to be less unplayably bad now.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Moon Monster posted:

I haven't heard anything about a genuine new raid but I think the former 40 man/now 20 man is supposed to be less unplayably bad now.

They shrunk the raid size? I thought 40 man raids were the selling point for the game.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Turtle Sandbox posted:

They shrunk the raid size? I thought 40 man raids were the selling point for the game.

Yeah, it was; they thought the market of people who wanted those kinds of raids was much larger than it actually was, I guess. :v: They didn't realize most players who now dedicate themselves to MMOs have jobs, families, and other poo poo beyond logging in and raiding for 8 straight hours on Saturday and Sunday.

It's good that they're at least realizing who their market actually is. Now they just need to release more cosmetic poo poo because F2P people love fuckin' cosmetic poo poo.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

John Dyne posted:

Yeah, it was; they thought the market of people who wanted those kinds of raids was much larger than it actually was, I guess. :v: They didn't realize most players who now dedicate themselves to MMOs have jobs, families, and other poo poo beyond logging in and raiding for 8 straight hours on Saturday and Sunday.

It's good that they're at least realizing who their market actually is. Now they just need to release more cosmetic poo poo because F2P people love fuckin' cosmetic poo poo.

I just really want to know if NCSoft is ever going to break even, or if Wildstar was just a big money fire.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Turtle Sandbox posted:

I just really want to know if NCSoft is ever going to break even, or if Wildstar was just a big money fire.

NCSoft as a whole seems fine given how well their other IPs do and are prepping Blade & Soul for western release. WS had a very small footprint on their last financial report and very much needed things to be shaken up or dropped. I'd be interested to see the reports after the move to F2P.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mayor McCheese posted:

NCSoft as a whole seems fine given how well their other IPs do and are prepping Blade & Soul for western release. WS had a very small footprint on their last financial report and very much needed things to be shaken up or dropped. I'd be interested to see the reports after the move to F2P.

I don't mean the company, just whether they got any ROI on their investment of wildstar or if F2P is their last try to get anything at all out of the game.

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002

:vince:

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Turtle Sandbox posted:

I don't mean the company, just whether they got any ROI on their investment of wildstar or if F2P is their last try to get anything at all out of the game.

How long did NCSoft fund development of Wildstar? It was something like nine years, wasnt it?

Considering how Wildstar has been barely breaking even, if not losing money for the past year I doubt NCSoft will ever see the game actually return a profit. At this point NCSoft is probably hoping to at least get some of their money back.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Depends on how good the cash shop is. Free to play makes way more money then subs if you do it right.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Hypocrisy posted:

Oh it's been uncompletable for a year? I thought it was just a few months. Not looking hopeful for my support ticket to get answered then huh.

Even worse, it seems like there's another bugged quest in the same zone.

Wildstar makes it really hard for me to like it.

i have faith that you have the mental faculties to enjoy it

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I sort of wanted to try Wildstar again now that it's F2P but someone convinced me to buy a Mac sometime within the last two years

Is there any way to play on a Mac? I don't want to go through the trouble of setting up bootcamp for this game

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Anyone who thinks ESO is bad hasn't played it since beta.

lol

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

What is the state of the classes?

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Did they ever fix that thing where every Spellslinger race had sound effects when drawing/holstering except Aurins?

Obviously that was an absurdly trivial problem compared to literally anything else but as a layperson it seemed like it should be such an easy fix. Just steal working code from any other spellslinger race and find-replace, I don't know, space zombie with Aurin, but it was never addressed by the time I quit around...last Christmas or something.

Also one of those level 50 daily zones full of zerg creep had no flavor text anywhere in any quests, just click on a guy, get the quest summary, go do things. I think that was said to be a bug but it just seemed like MMO honesty to me :v:

mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009

Baba Ganoush posted:

I sort of wanted to try Wildstar again now that it's F2P but someone convinced me to buy a Mac sometime within the last two years

Is there any way to play on a Mac? I don't want to go through the trouble of setting up bootcamp for this game

I think its Windows or bust.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

quote:

Why are Aurin players the worst? (self.WildStar)
submitted 2 hours ago by sarcasticpleb

So it seems like the worst players always crowd to this race. All the lowest DPS in dungeons are always the lowest DPS, and in every dungeon we had an Aurin healer, we wiped countless times, even if we had the same tank on the same dungeon. In fact multiple people, all of which were Aurin, complained that loving PROTOGAMES ACADEMY was too loving hard. In PvP, they never have a single piece of PvP gear, they never play the objective, and they always feed the enemy team kills

These people are always the most aggravating to be around, It seems like every SJW Tumblrina in this game is an Aurin. If you ever say something like the word 'human being' or 'retard' out of context without referring to anyone, these people always get offended. And don't get me started on amount of Aurin that were furries and weeaboos. Was the game like this before F2P, or were Aurin always this bad? Because if they always are this bad and those SJW casuals don't go back to watching Feminist Frequency and playing Depression Quest, I'm just going to play Dominion, because I am really getting tired of this literal cancer of a race.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Holy poo poo he just HAD to shoe-horn some anti-feminism poo poo in there at the end. That's loving hilarious.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Classic.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Its Wildstar, we should all be able to drop a casual "human being" without having thin skinned cupcakes get offended.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
Is anyone gonna be on tonight so i can get invited to the guild thing, i want an audience for when i kill myself on livesteam.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Well, he is right isn't he?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Snatch Duster posted:

Well, he is right isn't he?

It's probably because most Wildstar players are Aurin players.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Its Wildstar, we should all be able to drop a casual "human being" without having thin skinned cupcakes get offended.

I'm a big fan of out of context faggots.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Rhymenoserous posted:

I'm a big fan of out of context faggots.

Contextual faggots are the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I asked in zone chat if carbine had given any compensation to signature players for all the server troubles over the past 16 days since f2p launch and all I got was a bunch of carbine apologist replies. It was really weird.

• Locked thread