Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Somewhat Heroic posted:

So gun chat is happening huh? See you in two days, shitlords

This. Take it to D&D or TFR. This is like is like arguing which war was worse in a VFW hall. Nobody is right, everybody is wrong, loving stop it already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Negromancer posted:

Pretty easy, don't need to mess with electrical besides a ecu swap, everything just pretty much bolts in. This is a pretty good overview of the process and a good site for mr2 stuff. Probably the hardest part is getting the instrument cluster out, thats a pain in the rear end.

vvv transmission are dirt cheap, they used the same engine/transmission in a ton of 80-90's toyotas vvv

Dude locally has an MR2 NA auto 1986, red, listed for 2500 bux. It looks very clean from pics, 144k miles. If it is rust free and mechanically in good shape, any idea if thats a good price? They are pretty rare in the rustbelt here in this sort of condition, but I am pretty clueless about the market on these cars.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
A rust free clean-titled chassis in the rustbelt is always the hardest part to find. gently caress it, if you like the price buy it and swap the rest over from rotten junkyard/craigslist partscar donors.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Id like it better if it was under 2k ;) But it doesnt seem out of control for a rare(ish) car in good shape. Probably going to look at it tonight because I have no impulse control.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

PaintVagrant posted:

Dude locally has an MR2 NA auto 1986, red, listed for 2500 bux. It looks very clean from pics, 144k miles. If it is rust free and mechanically in good shape, any idea if thats a good price? They are pretty rare in the rustbelt here in this sort of condition, but I am pretty clueless about the market on these cars.

Maybe if its in great condition, including the interior, and they are super hard to find in the area, maybe $2k. If you really want one, save some cash and fly out somewhere and pick one up.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Negromancer posted:

Maybe if its in great condition, including the interior, and they are super hard to find in the area, maybe $2k. If you really want one, save some cash and fly out somewhere and pick one up.

Cool. Ill take a look and report back.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

bandman posted:

This. Take it to D&D or TFR. This is like is like arguing which war was worse in a VFW hall. Nobody is right, everybody is wrong, loving stop it already.

Kinda on par with religion and politics at this point :v:

That being said, made an appointment to get my CC permit this month :)

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

PaintVagrant posted:

ANSWER MY MR2 QUESTION AND STOP GUNCHAT :v:

It's very similar to doing one in any FWD car, if someone were repeatedly punching you in the nuts the entire time.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

bandman posted:

AI off-topic chat thread.

Allowed topics: cats, pizza delivery, alcohol, car-related movies.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Geoj posted:

AI off-topic chat thread.

Allowed topics: cats, pizza delivery, alcohol, car-related movies.

bitching about what can be talked about.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The US really needs to get the gently caress over the 2nd Amendment and get some sane gun laws

Someone I until recently thought of as sane and intelligent told me that without out GRRRRNS we will be at risk of invasion by a hostile ground force.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

As soon as you get rid of guns, I'm gonna waltz over there and punch you all in the nards and claim the US for my own. And there'll be nothing you can do to stop me :colbert:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I won't start the debate as those who know me on facebook probably know my stance

but regardless of your opinion I hope you agree that the "resisting government tyranny" argument for unlimited gun ownership has been laughable for about 100 years (I'm counting from when tanks and warplanes came into play; ships are nasty but at least you can go inland from those).

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
My Accord finally got sick of the way I treat it and blew the radiator on the way in to work today. Mid morning my shoe soles suddenly delaminated, so the poor car was then forced to take me to the mall, and through a McDonalds drive through on the way back to work. Then I drove it home in rush hour traffic. Despite this it only really got close to overheating as I parked in front of the house.

gently caress you, Timberland.

Unfortunately now I'm locked out of the house and can't drive anywhere.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

MustardFacial posted:

bitching about what can be others are talking about.

Fixed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

88h88 posted:

As soon as you get rid of guns, I'm gonna waltz over there and punch you all in the nards and claim the US for my own. And there'll be nothing you can do to stop me :colbert:

Have you been here? It sucks. You can have it.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

Thanks for that, bud. Now we can go back to Rhyno trying to deep fat fry a steak.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Elmnt80 posted:

You act like Texas wanted to join your lovely union in the first place. :mad:

Texas: Another state made by White guys pissed about people trying to take their slaves.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

trouser chili posted:

My Accord finally got sick of the way I treat it and blew the radiator on the way in to work today. Mid morning my shoe soles suddenly delaminated, so the poor car was then forced to take me to the mall, and through a McDonalds drive through on the way back to work. Then I drove it home in rush hour traffic. Despite this it only really got close to overheating as I parked in front of the house.

gently caress you, Timberland.

Unfortunately now I'm locked out of the house and can't drive anywhere.

This post. This is what this thread is about. Now, if only there was a stance on guns somewhere in it...

Cellular Suicide
Dec 9, 2005

Classical 33's at 45RPM

trouser chili posted:

My sister drove a '99 Acura TL with a bad blower motor and unknown number of failing/questionable maintenance items, and ran it for two summers while overheating on every long trip. She showed up once at our apartment complex with rod knock so loud I could hear it through our closed windows, but a quick cooldown and coolant top-off (and a short lecture about driving with the temperature needle buried in the red), it fired right up and continued running until she traded it in 8 months later. How does this happen...I'm used to E46's with a "YOU'RE hosed" overheat zone, not this magical immune-to-heat-expansion voodoo.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Texas: Another state made by White guys pissed about people trying to take their slaves.

And not being able to bring the rest of their family over once they had a home set up for them. Then the white guys turned around and did it to mexicans who were immigrating after texas became a state. :toot:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Whiplash was a loving cool movie gat dam

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

How does an Amazon gift card with 1-day shipping take 3 days to ship, then end up sent back because it was somehow 'damaged'. It's a gift card.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Adiabatic posted:

It's very similar to doing one in any FWD car, if someone were repeatedly punching you in the nuts the entire time.

Trio report: great body, questionable ability to retain oil. Drove pretty nice actually, although the slush box was a drag. I wouldn't pay anywhere near 2500 for that one but I see the appeal of the car, it's so damned 80s i really liked it.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

CommieGIR posted:

I've never understood the texas-boner for the alamo, but then I remember Texas educational standards and I realize: They probably think they won.

BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012

trouser chili posted:

Man I love that shelf, held my subway subs perfectly on my drives home from work.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I'd suggest something like a national database of who's got what in terms of guns, a permit to aquire and a cooling off period to get a new fire arm so they can check your not a complete lunatic would be a good start, but you guys would start frothing at the mouth and screaming about government oppression.

Works down here, just means you can wake up pissed off, walk into a Walmart and do something stupid, you have to properly premeditate your genocides!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Adiabatic posted:

Whiplash was a loving cool movie gat dam

now watch birdman

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

bandman posted:

gently caress you that poo poo is hilarious.

Ive literally watched a guy throw his loving dentures at someone over that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phone posted:

now watch birdman

Good advice.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Rhyno posted:

Someone I until recently thought of as sane and intelligent told me that without out GRRRRNS we will be at risk of invasion by a hostile ground force.

First rule of rhyno: the are NO people of redeeming value in Indiana.
Second rule of rhyno: THERE ARE NO people of redeeming value in Indiana.

Edit: ^^^^^no, you fool, the movie!^^^^^

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Just ate an awesome steak dinner with the in laws. loving filet the size of a small child and it was perfect. Like Rhyno would wet himself that good.

I really need a loving charcoal grill.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ssjonizuka posted:

First rule of rhyno: the are NO people of redeeming value in Indiana.
Second rule of rhyno: THERE ARE NO people of redeeming value in Indiana.

Edit: ^^^^^no, you fool, the movie!^^^^^

He doesn't live here!

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
I'm addicted to the Velocity channel the way a housewife/husband is addicted to FoodTV.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

scuz posted:

I'm addicted to the Velocity channel the way a housewife/husband is addicted to FoodTV.

Wayne Carini is a loving rear end in a top hat and I hope a car falls on him.

Did that fucker "I beat cancer, I crashed a Tesla, I fought in WWI" Flektfuck ever come back? I just spent an hour on the phone with my crying mother talking about how she wishes they hadn't pushed for the experimental treatment for my stepdad and how it's all her fault he died and I am on a serious gently caress CANCER tirade right now.

Sir Pukesalot
Nov 3, 2012
[Gun chat]I'm a Scandinavian, and as I see it the US gun-laws are way too liberal. It's too easy to get a handgun, and I find it inane that you are able to carry it with you at (almost) all times, if visible from front, back and one side(at least in some States(all?)). As you may see i'm not that into US gun-laws, but I'll happily admit that guns are scary, and this said coming from a gun-owning family (before you ask, both parents, both grandfathers, a brother of both parents, and a few others). That said, guns are way to fun to outlaw, so some kind of middle ground has to be found. I'm probably going to get a shotgun hunting license and a gun-safety-closet (and bolting it to the wall and floor) to being my dad's old shotgun home and go hunting (probably with my mom). [/Gun chat]
TLDR: Guns are scary, gimme one.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I sold all my guns because I grew up and realized I don't live in Uganda. The shocking part is I haven't been killed and the gubmint hasn't shown up to do......gubmint things? Is a Prohibition style gangster supposed to show up and take my things now? How exactly does this work? :ohdear:

Rental was a 2015 Yaris. It was actually pretty pleasant. Engine is a little thrashy when wailed on but there's worse out there.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Sir Pukesalot posted:

[Gun chat]I'm a Scandinavian, and as I see it the US gun-laws are way too liberal. It's too easy to get a handgun, and I find it inane that you are able to carry it with you at (almost) all times, if visible from front, back and one side(at least in some States(all?)). As you may see i'm not that into US gun-laws, but I'll happily admit that guns are scary, and this said coming from a gun-owning family (before you ask, both parents, both grandfathers, a brother of both parents, and a few others). That said, guns are way to fun to outlaw, so some kind of middle ground has to be found. I'm probably going to get a shotgun hunting license and a gun-safety-closet (and bolting it to the wall and floor) to being my dad's old shotgun home and go hunting (probably with my mom). [/Gun chat]
TLDR: Guns are scary, gimme one.

I respect that you have an opinion, I just don't give a gently caress about it as the only US gun laws that will ever, ever effect you are the ones concerning what supplier is allowed to build sub-par poo poo for our troops the next time we send them out to some shithole alongside token NATO member contingents.

Now can we go back to talking about rust please?

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 15, 2015

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Sir Pukesalot posted:

I find it inane that you are able to carry it with you at (almost) all times, if visible from front, back and one side(at least in some States(all?)).

Fun fact: a lot of "responsible" CCW holders flaunt the fact that they blatantly ignore laws that allow private property owners to post "no firearms allowed on the premises" notices at the door. So not only do you have people open carrying at all times, you also have people concealed carrying even in places where it's illegal to do so at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Wayne Carini is a loving rear end in a top hat and I hope a car falls on him.

Did that fucker "I beat cancer, I crashed a Tesla, I fought in WWI" Flektfuck ever come back? I just spent an hour on the phone with my crying mother talking about how she wishes they hadn't pushed for the experimental treatment for my stepdad and how it's all her fault he died and I am on a serious gently caress CANCER tirade right now.
Only started watching like a week ago. Is that the Graveyard Cars guy? He seems a bit abrasive.

Hindsight is 20/20. What if they hadn't and the cancer did its thing anyway? Just love yer moms and make sure she knows you're there. Our family went through a devastating cancer death (is there another kind?) and we fell apart into backstabbing and stealing from each other with my little bro and I on the sidelines. Cancer brings out the worst in people if you let it; rise above.

scuz fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Oct 15, 2015

• Locked thread