Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Panty Saluter posted:

i finally bought cities skylines and its p. neat but im already out of money with citizens still wanting and needing a llot of things :(

don't expand quickly, let people bitch for education/entertainment till you're making a decent amount, turn on the recreational drugs policy for a huge income boost with a negligible increase in crime rates and turn all your tax rates up to 11 or 12%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Kirk posted:

also is this a safe space to lol @ goons who are hoppin' mad about star citizen, to the point where derek smart is lauding them
Well if you look at the amount goons have SPENT on Star Citizen it's no surprise.

Anyway Smart's trying to use us but I can't imagine what he thinks he's actually getting out of it at this point.

I do appreciate that SA has been drawn into an internet rivalry older than SA itself.

Davethulhu posted:

I still can't believe that Dr. Derek Smart is a member of the Somethingawful forums. What a world.
I think you mean AGAIN. We've done this rodeo before.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

BBJoey posted:

as long as they have water, sewage and electricity they'll survive. getting all your initial services set up can be expensive, don't be afraid to take loans or run on autopilot for a few in-game months while in the black to make enough money to get the basics built. each milestone also gives a cash injection which helps. also remember you can fine tune budgets if you're way overproducing water or electricity.

back to the days of letting simcity run while you gently caress off to do something else eh? :getin:

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Kirk posted:

it plays like an mmo but its v. pretty so im conflicted

the combat is literally unplayable

it's so bad i was shocked

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

madeupfred posted:

Why are you assuming that only women can be prostitutes?

lol

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

I was gonna take the "you're the REAL sexist" route too until I read the second paragraph

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i made another mario

DAE5-0000-00A8-B0DB

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

at the date posted:

I was gonna take the "you're the REAL sexist" route too until I read the second paragraph

holy poo poo i didn't even read that part, holy poo poo

and even if he didn't use "her" it's still really obvious that it's a woman

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Davethulhu posted:

I still can't believe that Dr. Derek Smart is a member of the Somethingawful forums. What a world.

a month or so ago he got to be mod of his own subforum. it was something like derek smarts emporium or some poo poo.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Nitrocat posted:

still working on finding friends with actual cool interests. till then, what podcasts do you suggest?

hollywood handbook an insiders guide to kicking butt and dropping names in the red carpet lined back hallways of this industry we call showbiz

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

Blackula69 posted:

dragon age inquisition is really loving bad

literally can not be worse than 2. dragon age 2 is cheaper than dragon age: origins, even.

bump_fn posted:

hollywood handbook an insiders guide to kicking butt and dropping names in the red carpet lined back hallways of this industry we call showbiz

a comedy podcast?

lord of the files fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Oct 15, 2015

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Nitrocat posted:

literally can not be worse than 2. dragon age 2 is cheaper than dragon age: origins, even.

too close to call imho

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Nitrocat posted:

still working on finding friends with actual cool interests. till then, what podcasts do you suggest?

superbestfriendcast if you like those guys, retsutalk if you like slowbeef and hate schedules, pretty much any other game podcast that has a "what are you playing/looking forward to" segment

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

it didn't have anders bitching and moaning in the background, and if not anders, fenris bitching and moaning in the background.

i'd call it a good day. plus, cassandra was amazing to look at and listen to.

i paid no interest to the storyline. then again, i didn't finish it. i think i stopped when the "champion of kirkwall" showed up and my save (for the third time) didn't import properly, and some strange dude showed up bullshitting at whereeverthefuck castle i was at.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

bump_fn posted:

mmm yes, points

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

if you want podcast recommendations send me a PM because I have so many. starting with the earwolf/wolfpop family is good

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Blackula69 posted:

the combat is literally unplayable

it's so bad i was shocked

the dragon age experience

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

bump_fn posted:

speak on that

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i've come around on cbb but one of my favorite hollywood handbooks was the one where they ripped into it

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

i've listened to every episode of cbb/cdr but I've fallen off lately because HH and the reality show show are so loving good. no other podcast can really measure up

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
cbb is ok, but some of them are kinda grating/terrible and i don't know how they are lately

my main ones currently are radiolab and judge john hodgman and some npr poo poo

cgs: tried derek smart Derek Smart DEREK SMART's line of defense early access thing(was free). verdict: it's very early access

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
played more age of decadence last night

holy moley, they have not let up with combat being difficult. got past the first town that was part of the old demo, and now i'm in the city maadoran, which is like a weird amalgam of baghdad, constantinople, and alexandria. it's pretty awesome

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
hey remember when we didn't use mumble and had a yospos dota steam group chat where everyone showed off their expensive emotes? :420:

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Space-Pope posted:

played more age of decadence last night

holy moley, they have not let up with combat being difficult. got past the first town that was part of the old demo, and now i'm in the city maadoran, which is like a weird amalgam of baghdad, constantinople, and alexandria. it's pretty awesome

is the game as sperg-tastic as it looks

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
im a scrub who doesnt have a ps4 but i wanna experience bloodborne vicarously. who knows a good lp of it i could watch?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Gus Hobbleton posted:

good lp of it i could watch?

cringe.mp4

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyfeBHAfpZQ

this guy helped write the strategy guide

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Gus Hobbleton posted:

im a scrub who doesnt have a ps4 but i wanna experience bloodborne vicarously. who knows a good lp of it i could watch?

slowbeefs probably

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Blackula69 posted:

is the game as sperg-tastic as it looks
if by that you mean it's about on par with fallout 1/2 in terms of mechanical complexity, then yes

it's still going to scare away retards who think rpgs involve action garbage like skyrim and hentai games like mass effect

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Gus Hobbleton posted:

just watch someone here play it, and i can hop into their game and spaz out with a giant scythe and a cannon

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Gus Hobbleton posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJBl2tgdmZU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

looks like it's about on par with fo2 on graphics, only way uglier

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
totalbiscuits rear end cancer is now liver cancer with a life expectancy of 3-5 years

are his tumors in 60 fps

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
thanks for the recs. i likve vidcons

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

close!

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Blackula69 posted:

looks like it's about on par with fo2 on graphics, only way uglier
nah it looks alright on my comp. it's been in development for like a decade, so it's not exactly witcher 3 levels, but imo it looks fine

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Improbable Lobster posted:

totalbiscuits rear end cancer is now liver cancer with a life expectancy of 3-5 years

are his tumors in 60 fps

that sucks

my grandfather has bone tumors

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Improbable Lobster posted:

even if the guy is a total knob he doesn't deserve that :(

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Well, I don't know if there is really a right way to tell people this, so I guess here goes. The CT did not come back negative. The cancer in the bowel is gone, but spots have appeared in my liver. They're not operable and there's no cure. Average life expectancy is 2-3 years, though there are outliers that live much longer. I'll be back on chemo in a few weeks, with the goal of pushing it back and keeping it there for as long as possible. I fully intend to be the outlier, the average is this way because most people that get this are old and not strong anymore. Who knows what they'll come up with in the next decade? I intend to beat it for as long as possible. Gonna need some time to process all of this. I don't really feel anything right now. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Space-Pope posted:

if by that you mean it's about on par with fallout 1/2 in terms of mechanical complexity, then yes

it's still going to scare away retards who think rpgs involve action garbage like skyrim and hentai games like mass effect

based entirely on this post, i now want to play this game

• Locked thread