Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Montasque posted:

The CANT STUMP THE TRUMP women are back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY-Z4bsqujA

Freepers Loooooooove this.

2016 Republican Presidential Primary: He exhibit moronic behavior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Lastgirl posted:

idk

i quite like Rand

it is a nice and catchy name and it works for Paul

Rand Pawl~

Rand al-Paul.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
If he wasn't still running he wouldn't be doing that dumb-rear end live stream

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lastgirl posted:

idk

i quite like Rand

it is a nice and catchy name and it works for Paul

Rand Pawl~

If Ayn Rand hadn't existed, it would be a great name. But then he wouldn't have it. It's a catch-22.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Full Battle Rattle posted:

If he wasn't still running he wouldn't be doing that dumb-rear end live stream

this election has been primo for stupid self destruction

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

this election has been primo for stupid self destruction

his audible frustration amuses me tremendously.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

what is this from, i'm dying

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

pig slut lisa posted:

I too must know.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Randy Paul :bigtran:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

pig slut lisa posted:

google books says its from "Yiddish with George and Laura"

http://www.amazon.com/Yiddish-George-Laura-Ellis-Weiner/dp/031601446X

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
on tuesday, a visibly drunk carly fiorina expressed frustration that she, quote, "has to keep debating all these goddamn spics"

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Seems things got a little rowdy at the Trump rally in Virginia today:

Breaking: State Police Drag Radical Screaming Black-Latino Activists From Trump Rally in Richmond

quote:

Black Lives Matter and pro-illegal alien Latino activists were forcibly removed by Virginia State Police officers after disrupting a rally held Wednesday evening in Richmond by leading Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.

There were reports that ‘small fights’ had broken out between the protesters and Trump supporters.

A cellphone video shows an apparent Trump supporter arguing with and then spitting on a protester. One report said the disruptions lasted for around thirty minutes.

Click link for pictures and the spitting video. Classy times.

EDIT:

Go to 2:20... It's like a WWE event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiRf0E44LYk

EDIT 2:

More video from the event:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UT82bk-6ZU

Montasque fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 15, 2015

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
I don't usually go tinfoil, but it's hard not to feel sometimes like everything about this election has been orchestrated by Sith Lord Hillary. You could just see the jedi mind trick destroying Lincoln Chafee.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Marvin looks like Bobby Jindal's portrait.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
I think if you cut out all of the stumping from Trump's speeches you'd get about 10 to 20 minutes of off-the-cuff remarks each time. Would anyone be interested in an edit a couple hours after each speech that only had the new stuff? I could probably do it as I watched and only spend another hour or so. I would make that sacrifice.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
You should instead take this time to instead look for work or focus on your studies.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Oiled and Ready posted:

I think if you cut out all of the stumping from Trump's speeches you'd get about 10 to 20 minutes of off-the-cuff remarks each time. Would anyone be interested in an edit a couple hours after each speech that only had the new stuff? I could probably do it as I watched and only spend another hour or so. I would make that sacrifice.

Make a supercut of Trump saying "Trust me" or "Believe me" put it up on youtube, profit.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's so perfect it's like the fox news version of when the witches from Dune would sow myths and poo poo on backwater planets so they could call themselves holy scions or whatever if they ever crashed there.

Like they spent decades developing a nice safe way to declare a fellow Republican a limp dicked homo anti-reagan in case of emergency and when it was completed Trump hijacked it and tested it on their golden child.

I like this point, well put and it's even more hilarious now how badly Trump has wrecked Jeb!.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Baloogan posted:

You should instead take this time to instead look for work or focus on your studies.

Or find a political website to pay you to do it

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I swear to god if it was anyone but Trump i would have thought the "low energy" attack was a market tested PR cruise missle. It brings up all the same language and insinuations used by ED and Low T commercials that the Fox audience has been soaking in for a decade or more.

It's perfectly milquetoast on its face and kind of darkly genius in its effect.

Trump didn't do it on purpose, he was just in his rapid fire attack on Bush, and it stuck for the exact reasons you describe (he pretty much looks like a dude who's dick no longer works)

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Jeb's dick actually doesn't work so this is all fair and accurate.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

crazy cloud posted:

Jeb's dick actually doesn't work so this is all fair and accurate.

extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

EDIT: I mean you're probably right

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I swear to god if it was anyone but Trump i would have thought the "low energy" attack was a market tested PR cruise missle. It brings up all the same language and insinuations used by ED and Low T commercials that the Fox audience has been soaking in for a decade or more.

It's perfectly milquetoast on its face and kind of darkly genius in its effect.

I'm dying over here laughing at this because you are so obviously right about what 'low energy' suggests.

crazy eights
Aug 23, 2015

by Lowtax

Mister Macys posted:

:allears:
Would own if true.

He exists to prove the average conservative voter (consciously or not) is all about politics as celebrity popularity, and team loyalty mentality.

LOL if you think democrats are any better

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Montasque posted:

Seems things got a little rowdy at the Trump rally in Virginia today:

Breaking: State Police Drag Radical Screaming Black-Latino Activists From Trump Rally in Richmond

Click link for pictures and the spitting video. Classy times.

EDIT:

Go to 2:20... It's like a WWE event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiRf0E44LYk

EDIT 2:

More video from the event:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UT82bk-6ZU

lol at Redskins shirt man bravely fighting off the foreign immigrant invaders. This country is for the original natives only!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

crazy eights posted:

LOL if you think democrats are any better

Democratic Party voters are obviously bandwagon participants.

That's why their numbers crash in midterm election years.
They don't have the true dedication of real fandom to support the team at every opportunity. :pseudo:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

FuriousxGeorge posted:

lol at Redskins shirt man bravely fighting off the foreign immigrant invaders. This country is for the original natives only!

https://twitter.com/GarrettHaake/status/654439854965719040

Another angle of the spitting incident... Populist politics is really fun.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Lmao spitting on people. By the time the general rolls around there will be multiple incidents of republicans striking children.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
that is a rude way to describe trump debating sanders

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Did anyone see Trump on MSNBC today? He has like 8 of his 10 total moments of true self-awareness and even a drop of humility in this interview. It honestly startled me.

https://youtu.be/_Iz3qOC9cZM

Also i just watched that Ben Carson 2013 prayer breakfast speech. Where is that fire? Well, more of a low crackle. He was still soft as gently caress but at least he cracked jokes that actually landed and made flawed but fairly sequential arguments. Where is that Ben Carson, is he just sandbaggin'?

https://youtu.be/PFb6NU1giRA

Also some tinfoil: The spitter, spittee and the hispanic woman telling him "don't do that!" Are plants, he will denounce the guy tomorrow, perfectly filmed mediabite of his crowd uncomfortable with the crazy spitter and him saying we believe in the first amendment and these protesters have a right to voice their opinions, even if "in my opinion they're wrong, but no that's not the point, violence is what I'm fighting against etc etc". Maybe it's even Trump not realizing Jeb didn't actually use a plant and using them himself :V

Oiled and Ready fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Oct 15, 2015

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 202 days!

Miltank posted:

I'm dying over here laughing at this because you are so obviously right about what 'low energy' suggests.

Bush, meanwhile, has a PAC named "Right to Rise" :awesome:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Winner of most loving disgusting ad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31_kgEPGxoc

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Vilerat definitely said that

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Vilerat has a right to know why you silenced that whistleblower, Madame Secretary!

...I still get angry at how the memory of a good man who was always eager to get goons involved in the foreign service has been distorted by rabid warmongering zealots who despise the negotiation and global worldview Vilerat lived.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Maybe an unrelated quote from the man himself would help...

Vilerat posted:

I think the real issue is only conservatives give a poo poo about this so it all comes across as old man yells at cloud.

:fuckoff: Ad makers.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 202 days!
Can we form a PAC simply to defend the memory of Vilerat? I feel like basically trolling republicans is what any goon would want.

Basically there'd be no real airtime buys involved so it should be cheap?

How Darwinian
Feb 27, 2011

Miltank posted:

He's absolutely capitalized on it as well. From his instagram:

https://instagram.com/p/7YV_u_mhWB/?taken-by=realdonaldtrump

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gyges posted:

Having heard both men speak Spanish, but not myself speak it, I can say with authority that Rubio sounds way better. Jeb has a slow cadence that sounds like someone who isn't a native speaker, while Rubio has the quick cadence that you expect to hear in a language you don't speak.

Jeb's Spanish sounds like W's English while Rubio's Spanish sounds like Rubio's English. It could be the Bush mannerisms that are coloring my reaction though. That drat shoulder move that they loving love just makes me think of W's hehehe laugh.

Here's both talking to Jorge Ramos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMHLn7SuSR4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHy-GbXNrPM

Edit: My outside source of Nicole Wallace however believes that Jeb!'s Spanish is hot as gently caress, so I guess he's got that going for him.

Spanish is my first language so here's my hot take:

Jeb!'s Spanish is very good but clearly his 2nd language. It's deliberate and slow but doesn't really lean any particular direction.

Rubio Spanish is clearly Cuban and fluent, no surprises there. It shows that he's been riding on English far longer as some words in particular come out as someone who is saying a word in a different language from his own.

They're both good Spanish and it's why neither of these men will be the nominee.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Spanish is my first language so here's my hot take:

Jeb!'s Spanish is very good but clearly his 2nd language. It's deliberate and slow but doesn't really lean any particular direction.

Rubio Spanish is clearly Cuban and fluent, no surprises there. It shows that he's been riding on English far longer as some words in particular come out as someone who is saying a word in a different language from his own.

They're both good Spanish and it's why neither of these men will be the nominee.

I barely speak Spanish (in fact no really I don't at all) but I've been thinking that sueño americano seems a little different in subtle ways than American dream. I realize it's an accurate literal translation but to me it seems like it hints at "American delusion". Maybe that's just a little Spanish sarcasm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wall Is Life
Sep 29, 2015

#NoBanNoWall

Oiled and Ready posted:

I would definitely be interested in it. I try to watch most of trumps speeches but it is tedious to hear the same parts over again.

• Locked thread