Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Thanks,. i will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Picayune posted:

All of Didja Redo's LPs are heavily narrative in tone, so if you like that one, the others are worth looking at. You might also try Mr. Swoon, particularly the (extremely silly) Monster Rancher ones.

Granted, they're all somewhat older LPs, but I thought they were worth mentioning. I like them all a lot!

Christ Didja Redo used to be like my favorite LPer and he hasn't even posted on SA since 2013; where does the time go...

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
jesus christ I remember his Avalon Code thread, was that really two years ago

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Maybe he took people's advice and started writing an honest to god novel.

If he did, I'll at least buy the ebook.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

Sinking Ship posted:

Christ Didja Redo used to be like my favorite LPer and he hasn't even posted on SA since 2013; where does the time go...

I'm sad now. :smith:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Hey, seems like From Earth's Silent Hill lps are gone from the Archive?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Kurtofan posted:

Hey, seems like From Earth's Silent Hill lps are gone from the Archive?
Here ya go:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Niggurath posted:

Here ya go:

Thanks man. It's real weird these got removed.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

Thanks man. It's real weird these got removed.
Eh, people can request to have their LP's taken down or if they're rapists like Azure Horizon, then Baldurk can choose to take them down. Only fromearth knows for sure.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Niggurath posted:

Eh, people can request to have their LP's taken down or if they're rapists like Azure Horizon, then Baldurk can choose to take them down. Only fromearth knows for sure.

Wait what

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Let's not prod that drama bomb any further, please :staredog: This isn't the place for it.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
If you want a pretty good LP of the original Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen game Alexeythegreat has a pretty good one. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3716608&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
HaroldoftheRock is going through Knights in the Nightmare, a pretty weird game, which is a given that it's part of the Dpt. Heaven series. It's a bullet hell strategy RPG, as strange as that may sound. At this point we're halfway-ish through the game. Videos are usually 30 minutes or so, although some may reach 1 hour.

The OP is making a very good job with a difficult game, both mechanics an plot wise, with video recaps of the plot and very good pacing during the gameplay stages. Also he's chill as hell considering he's dodging bullets while talking strategy and explaining stuff.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Does anyone know of any good lps of the Tecmo-Koei Strategy games like ROTK or Nobunagas Ambition?

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008
I don't even know if they're plugging these on the forums at all but YOSPOS superstar poster jeghegy (iirc, I haven't seen him actually post in a long time) and his friend have just finished playing Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and are currently on Duke Nukem 3D, with future plans for games from the 80s, 90s and early 00s. They're both Hungarian and have delightful accents and pleasant voices, so click the hell out of this link if you want to hear some nice draculas be #BADATGAMES :drac:

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy
Years ago, I remember reading through a Let's Play of an old game that I can't remember the name of. It was a space exploration game, you had multiple characters/ships to choose from in the beginning, the entire map was on paper and you directed your ship via color (I think? It's been a while), and there was a time limit of turns before a bad end. Also, there was a sequel with an unfinished Let's Play afterwards (maybe?). Can anyone remember this Let's Play or even just what the game is called? I thought it was on the archive, but if it is I've overlooked it at least twice.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

MaskedHuzzah posted:

Years ago, I remember reading through a Let's Play of an old game that I can't remember the name of. It was a space exploration game, you had multiple characters/ships to choose from in the beginning, the entire map was on paper and you directed your ship via color (I think? It's been a while), and there was a time limit of turns before a bad end. Also, there was a sequel with an unfinished Let's Play afterwards (maybe?). Can anyone remember this Let's Play or even just what the game is called? I thought it was on the archive, but if it is I've overlooked it at least twice.

Star Saga. There's actually two games in the series (there would have been more but it didn't sell), but I think only the first one got LPed.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy

malkav11 posted:

Star Saga. There's actually two games in the series (there would have been more but it didn't sell), but I think only the first one got LPed.

Thank you very much! I also overlooked it when I just went to the master list and just started looking up random space words. It's another solid LP by the esteemed Fred M. Sloniker, and I recommend it highly if you have archive access.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Aside from ChorpSaway, who else was it that did LPs of the Naruto games? I feel like there were either three or four groups that were playing through them but I only see two in the master list.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Aside from ChorpSaway, who else was it that did LPs of the Naruto games? I feel like there were either three or four groups that were playing through them but I only see two in the master list.
I think Pins and friends did one.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I did the first Ultimate ninja storm

Chorps did UNS2

and Pins was doing UNS3 Full blast I believe. It died and then he started it again.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Boss Wiggler's UNS3 thread.

It's not on the Master List or LParchive and most of the videos are unlisted, but it's finished and the links in the thread still seem to work.

Sir Wilson
Sep 17, 2007
Does anyone recommend any dungeon crawler video LPs? I've watched the Stonekeep LP by davidspackage and both Legend of Grimrock 1 & 2 from Agent 355, but I don't think i'm finding any other ones on the LP archive.

I find them oddly relaxing, where things are progressing forward but you don't have to focus too much on each individual action.

Links for anyone else if they would like to watch the above LPs too:
http://lparchive.org/Stonekeep-(by-davidspackage)/
http://lparchive.org/Legend-of-Grimrock/

Sir Wilson fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Oct 20, 2015

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Sir Wilson posted:

Does anyone recommend any dungeon crawler video LPs? I've watched the Stonekeep LP by davidspackage and both Legend of Grimrock 1 & 2 from Agent 355, but I don't think i'm finding any other ones on the LP archive.

I find them oddly relaxing, where things are progressing forward but you don't have to focus too much on each individual action.

Links for anyone else if they would like to watch the above LPs too:
http://lparchive.org/Stonekeep-(by-davidspackage)/
http://lparchive.org/Legend-of-Grimrock/
Perhaps you could try: http://lparchive.org/Amulets-Armor/

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Is there a good Shin Megami Tensei - Devil Summoner 2 - Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon Let's Play video ? I looked on lparchive but there is only a screenshot lp there.
Thanks.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
While speaking of dungeon crawlers and Grimrock, I thought Iron Chitlin's was great for entertainment purposes:

It was in the 2007 thread, so it might have been overlooked

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax

Tobias Grant posted:

Pretty much everything RChimpcola made is pure gold. The Resident Evil 5 Co-op and Assassin's Creed 2 LPs are absolutely fantastic.

Their RE5 co-op is one of those hidden gems to me that like, whenever i really am bored and have absolutely nothing to do, will put on to make time move with the timeless jokes of spaghetti heads and Sheva's numerous outfits.

edit: also dnd also space marines also wesker is the best

GentlemanBrofro fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Oct 21, 2015

Yar The Pirate
Feb 19, 2012
I'm looking for an informative LP of either Fallout 3 or Fallout: NV. I've found some humorous ones but it's hard parsing through YouTube looking for a good informative playthrough. I really like how Niggurath narrates and breaks down each game he plays, so anything resembling that kind of LP would be awesome.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm looking for a good HD LP of Dead Rising 1, I don't mind if they talk over cut scenes, they just need to be really interesting, ala RitcheyzLP, Kalon, Slowbeef, or Chip and Ironicus. You know? That informative style that is still engaging.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Oatmealraisin did one. Is it not on the archive?

e: Yeah it loving is

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The internet archive is like 240p

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

The internet archive is like 240p
What about 480; that's a little bit better, right? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2g4m6h-5wM (though I know it's still not HD)

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Unfortunately, the bonus episodes aren't on his youtube.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah it's a bit better, the big ish here is that the blurriness on my monitor hurts my eyes a bit, and I like to read the subtitles. I know the 360 didn't have HD really, but I still hope someone find a nice way to upscale it to 720p

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

mateo360 posted:

Unfortunately, the bonus episodes aren't on his youtube.

Yeah the hard drive with those is in a box somewhere that may or may not even be on this side of the country. Viddler's a real fucker.

crab avatar
Mar 15, 2006

iŧ Kë3Ł, cħ gøÐ i- <Ecl8

my dog boyfriend!! posted:

I don't even know if they're plugging these on the forums at all but YOSPOS superstar poster crab avatar (iirc, I haven't seen him actually post in a long time) and his friend have just finished playing Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and are currently on Duke Nukem 3D, with future plans for games from the 80s, 90s and early 00s. They're both Hungarian and have delightful accents and pleasant voices, so click the hell out of this link if you want to hear some nice draculas be #BADATGAMES :drac:

Thanks for the plug! And let's not forget that my dog boyfriend!! and ThatPazuzu are currently doing a LP of Nicktoons Unite. What a weird game.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
I started watching DeadRodent's LP of Outlast and enjoying it quite a bit (http://lparchive.org/Outlast/).
I love survival/horror stuff, are there other LPs like this?

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Le0 posted:

I started watching DeadRodent's LP of Outlast and enjoying it quite a bit (http://lparchive.org/Outlast/).
I love survival/horror stuff, are there other LPs like this?

Scruffy just finished his blind LP of The Evil Within. That was rather awesome.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729340

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ghostwoods posted:

Scruffy just finished his blind LP of The Evil Within. That was rather awesome.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729340

And conversely, CJacobs recently began a compare and contrast dual-LP of The Evil Within and Resident Evil 4. It's even scruffy approved. Definitely one to check out, especially vis-a-vis dscruffy1's.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3746334

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
So, is there a place I can watch the entire Parallel Worlds LP without having to download each file one by one from the LP archive? It doesn't have an internet archive link at the top, I looked.