Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Psion posted:

uhhhhhh okay wait I can cause enormous environmental fires with magic? Explain further. I need to know this.

actually I want to make my magic as showy and visually impressive as possible and I don't really need it to be ultimately super effective (it'd be nice though), what's the best way to go about that?

Fire and Ice Overhaul looks amazing, but the author made the fire spread harmless to NPCs and incredibly harmful to you so it's like anti-fun to actually use in practice. The Ice part is just dumb looking though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Is there a simple way to make a mod pack for a friend and still use Mod Organizer? He played Skyrim on console years ago and wants to give a modded up PC version a shot and I volunteered to mod up my own game and then upload the resulting folders for him to plop into his own game.

Would I be able to get everything set up and then have him install MO and just paste my MO folder over top of his own?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Best to probably package up your entire Skyrim mod directory and MO folders into a portable hard drive and go from there.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I think I may have gotten overly ambitious with what I'm trying to give him as there are about 100 mods here. I think if I just gave him PerMa, Combat Evolved, Ultimate Combat, Deadly Dragons, OBIS, High Level Enemies, Morrowloot Ultimate, and some small QOL mods he'd be happy as can be.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Chaltab posted:

Is Inigo invisible like he drank a potion or invisible like the game forgot to render him?

The game forgot to render him. Then a bit later the game forgot to render a bunch of ale bottles on a shelf when I picked up the Cyrodiilic brandy bottles next to them. Then on a loading screen that featured a glass greatsword, the sword would blink out of existence if turned to face the camera at just the right angle (perfectly edge-on), and pop back in when turned again.

E: Apparently much of what I thought were the difference between attack speed and animations at low skill and high skill in PerMa was actually the difference between warforged gear and regular gear, after I deliberately downgraded my sword to an un-tempered ebony sword to make the game more challenging, it felt incredibly ponderous to the point where I swapped it for a warforged steel sword. Would it be possible for a perk mod to switch between different animation sets as you go up in skill or take special perks so a sword master swings much more quickly and fluidly than a novice?

Also how common is it for people to have trouble with the ENB FPS limiter? I use a quite heavy full ENB (Seasons of Skyrim) rather than ENBoost so I only reach 60 FPS indoors (outdoors is usually around 35), but I never have problems with the FPS limiter when I am running a steady 60. :shrug:

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Oct 14, 2015

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I think the worst case of feature creep I've personally seen in a mod has been with "Immersive Wenches." It started out as a simple, if somewhat cheeky, little add-on. Along the lines of "Inconsequential NPC's," it just put more serving girls in taverns. It made total sense alongside other mods that make the world more populated. You know, more customers, more wait staff. A dash of cheesecake in a fantasy game? OK, sure, I'm not above that. And it could have stopped there, but it has grown into this crazy monstrosity!

I was reflexively grabbing updates for a while just for the bug fixes and stuff, but I realized I had to stop after the one that added zany dialogue trees where you say creepy stuff about their boobs, and a bunch of red-cloaked "vampire wenches" that sell blood in every tavern. There's all this extra poo poo like wench-summoning spells that I could always just turn off or ignore, but now I can't just buy a drat drink in a bar without wading through a long dialogue tree full of clumsy propositioning.

Thankfully the guy has at least split his most insane ideas - like the undead wench bosses in draugr crypts with watermelon-sized breasts - into separate mods, but the original mod has still bloated into something unwieldy and bizarre.

*~Immersive~*!

Honestly, you should've ran away when you saw his first screenshot.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

:nexus: should have "Women's Bodies Do Not Work That Way" as their tagline.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Speaking of women's bodies, please god let that never be found out of context, I'm looking for a muscly lady body for my tenth attempt at actually finishing the main quest. I'd rather ask here then spend another hour or two combing the nexus.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
There was something else posted a few pages ago for bulkier meshes but there's also Fitness Body

e: Found it, Heroic Form Body Replacer

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Oct 14, 2015

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Is there a mod that increases the amount of animal followers? I was thinking of getting a group of bears together and tearing dragons apart with a bearpack. :black101:

Bonus points if it's compatible with EFF (somehow).

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Just thought I'd let you all know: ASIS, Lootification, and Automatic Variants have all been upgraded to work with the newer Unofficial Patches.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Brainamp posted:

Speaking of women's bodies, please god let that never be found out of context, I'm looking for a muscly lady body for my tenth attempt at actually finishing the main quest. I'd rather ask here then spend another hour or two combing the nexus.

There's the :nws:Female Muscle Mod:nws:.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I think I can live with my character not being a Ms. Olympia runner up.

FadedReality posted:

There was something else posted a few pages ago for bulkier meshes but there's also Fitness Body

e: Found it, Heroic Form Body Replacer

Thanks for these though. The second looks a bit closer to what I was aiming for.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Nerd Of Prey posted:

has [...] bloated into something unwieldy and bizarre.
the same could be said of all skyrim modding :twisted:

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Is there also a wiry, lean male body? All the male body replacers I've seen are really swole, which isn't the sort of body an adventurer running around in the wilderness in an age without protein shakes, anabolic steroids, and Bowflex would have.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Woolie Wool posted:

Is there also a wiry, lean male body? All the male body replacers I've seen are really swole, which isn't the sort of body an adventurer running around in the wilderness in an age without protein shakes, anabolic steroids, and Bowflex would have.

Alchemy, bruh.

You never wondered whats in a health potion?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Wheat, blue mountain flowers and blisterwort.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Brainamp posted:

Thanks for these though. The second looks a bit closer to what I was aiming for.

The "description" on that one helpfully says

quote:

2.5 is moved to it's own page

so I went to the author's page and there's an updated, even wider (but still realistic looking) version. I think I'm gonna use this one: CNHF 2.5

e: All these are :nws: just like every body replacer mod page because how can I know if I want to use it unless I can see some nipples in the first screenshot?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Agents are GO! posted:

Just thought I'd let you all know: ASIS, Lootification, and Automatic Variants have all been upgraded to work with the newer Unofficial Patches.

Wintermyst needs to be next.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Is there a mod that replaces every character in the game with a bear? I just want a world of friendly bears. It's not too much to ask, right?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

BattleCattle posted:

Is there a mod that replaces every character in the game with a bear? I just want a world of friendly bears. It's not too much to ask, right?

If you're being half-serious, One With Nature lets you actually set bears and other animals as friendly. Allied, even!

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

FutonForensic posted:

If you're being half-serious, One With Nature lets you actually set bears and other animals as friendly. Allied, even!

Very serious! Also, close enough. Thanks!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

GrizzlyCow posted:

*~Immersive~*!

Honestly, you should've ran away when you saw his first screenshot.

Well, for the record, I first downloaded a VERY early version of this mod, before the dude discovered Bodyslide and made all those bizarre meshes / screenshots. It had some pretty mundane hot babe pictures, at the time.

It had my all-time favorite user comment though: "I'm so immersed right now."

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Motherfucker posted:

Alchemy, bruh.

You never wondered whats in a health potion?

you know, a mod which gives addictive effects and side effects to potions wouldn't actually be that bad an idea, to make it so you can't just chug them down without serious consequences

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

you know, a mod which gives addictive effects and side effects to potions wouldn't actually be that bad an idea, to make it so you can't just chug them down without serious consequences

side consequence of chugging potions 24/7

imagine this but a cat-person

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

There actually is such a mod. It's called Chasing the Dragon: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58815/

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Quick Mod Organizer question: if a mod doesn't come packaged properly (something like Skyrim Community Uncapper) Would I simply have to right click the data folder and place it at the top in that mod structure box?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
yeah Brainamp try CNHF 2.5, it should be good for what you want - no noodly arms. I remember looking at it because there was a related mod (maybe the same mod) which made the armors look like actual armor, too.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Quick Mod Organizer question: if a mod doesn't come packaged properly (something like Skyrim Community Uncapper) Would I simply have to right click the data folder and place it at the top in that mod structure box?

Yep. Manually saying "this is the data directory" is exactly the thing to do.

The only downside I've run into is if a mod is structured like
code:
mod.zip
 -readme.txt
 -\data
  --mod.esp
  --mod.bsa
so you specify the data folder and it works fine, but it won't copy the readme over. As long as you copy and relevant info into MO's Notes field, though, it doesn't really matter.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

It had my all-time favorite user comment though: "I'm so immersed right now."

hahaha, that's fantastic

Psion fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Oct 14, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Zeron posted:

Fire and Ice Overhaul looks amazing, but the author made the fire spread harmless to NPCs and incredibly harmful to you so it's like anti-fun to actually use in practice. The Ice part is just dumb looking though.

I didn't mean for gameplay purposes, I really just want to light random parts of the Skyrim countryside on fire. Thanks for the warning though - I'll stay out of the fire. Or bring a lot of fire resist enchanted gear.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Is SPERGS ward shield thing actually worth using? Seems to be really bad at least without the perk.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
How effective is unarmed in SPERG, out of curiosity? I've never really done an unarmed run even in vanilla, but the other night I got into a brawl in a town somewhere and all of a sudden my dude suplexes the gently caress out of the hapless villager, slaying him instantly in front of like six guards (no bounty, of course) and now I want to run around as the khajit punchgod. Does it actually keep pace in any way with enemies? Do weapon perks apply at all, or is it just ranking up Pickpocket as hard as possible and grabbing those gloves from Riften?

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Iretep posted:

Is SPERGS ward shield thing actually worth using? Seems to be really bad at least without the perk.

It's one of my favorite spells, to be honest. I always use it when I'm in a pinch.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

IAmTheRad posted:

Wintermyst needs to be next.

That's EnaiSiaion's baby, and I never use it because lootification will distribute Wintermyst enchants.

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008

Iretep posted:

It is pretty amazing with the aegis block talent, really saves my rear facing off against higher level mages. If it is not your cup of tea, just add the regular wards in with the console, or use both for variety.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

theshim posted:

How effective is unarmed in SPERG, out of curiosity? I've never really done an unarmed run even in vanilla, but the other night I got into a brawl in a town somewhere and all of a sudden my dude suplexes the gently caress out of the hapless villager, slaying him instantly in front of like six guards (no bounty, of course) and now I want to run around as the khajit punchgod. Does it actually keep pace in any way with enemies? Do weapon perks apply at all, or is it just ranking up Pickpocket as hard as possible and grabbing those gloves from Riften?

Disenchant those gloves and throw the enchantment on a ring(s) and some bracers/gauntlets and you'll be op in no time.
There's a patch for sperg that adds some unarmed stuff... HERE
Unarmed warfare is one I always use because it cracks me up the first time you walk in to Jorrvaskr.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Update on the fat kid mod: I'm really happy with the evil witches' lair where he's held captive. This is the first time I've built an interior space from scratch and put a doorway to it out in the world, and I was relieved just that it all worked. I've got it navmeshed and populated with randomized witch NPC's, and it's a nice combination of cozy and spooky.

I'm really having fun with the idea that these witches are non-hostile and totally willing to give you your stupid kid back, but it also presents a moral dilemma because they are, in fact, extremely evil witches who kidnap, murder and possibly eat small children on a regular basis. If you just go in and grab your fat idiot son and run back out, you might not notice just how evil they are, but if you do some extra exploring you can uncover a bin filled with dozens of children's skulls, and an altar where another kid is about to be sacrificed. He's set to get up and run to the nearest town for safety if the hagraven is dead. So basically, if you are a heroic character, you can try to take out a powerful group of spellcasters, and if you win you save the life of one kid on the spot and stop some of the most evil witches in Skyrim from doing more heinous poo poo. OR if you're more morally ambivalent / lazy / misanthropic you and your fat idiot son can just leave them to their work, knowing that they will kill again.

I'm almost to the step where I design the quest. I've been looking into how to do custom couriers... complicated but entirely possible. The weird thing is, a lot of the crazy complexities of courier mechanics have to do with making the couriers not exist in the game unless they are handing you a letter... all this elaborate bullshit about teleporting them to and from dummy cells. It's actually way easier to have it be a persistent NPC in the world, so I can have the same mysterious witch NPC who brought you the letter chilling in the cave when you get there.

If anybody here is really good with quests and scripts, feel free to hit me up on AIM or Steam chat (same user name) and help me not suck at this. I'm not really a "computer guy," I'm an artist struggling with the technical side. I'm coming at this whole Skyrim modding endeavor with zero programming knowledge or experience, so I'm a little out of my depth, but having a few more tools in my kit never hurts.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Hothtrooper44's Viking shields that are included with Immersive Armors lack a shield with Dragonborn arms on it. I corrected this glaring oversignt:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
It's off-center.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Ordinator has a better unarmed system than SPERG in my opinion. Of course you don't need to choose between either SPERG or Ordinator, you can have both...

Anyways, in Ordinator (or SPERG+Ordinator), there is a perk for medium armor rank 20 that makes unarmed damage affected by Light Armor instead of heavy armor. Also it lets unarmed attacks level up light armor.

I'll just list the perks in question. 2 just means there's 2 perk points for that category.

20 - Iron Fist (2) - Increases unarmed damage by 5/10% of your current Stamina, and you gain Light Armor experience when using unarmed attacks in combat. Requires two free hands.
40 - Sweeping Wind - If your movement speed is increased, unarmed power attacks do 2% more damage per 1% bonus movement speed. Requires two free hands.
50 - Rushing Tide - Unarmed attacks grant 10% increased Stamina regeneration and 5% movement speed for 8 seconds. This effect stacks. Requires two free hands.
70 - Hissing Dragon - You may choose a damage type (fire, frost, shock, poison or disease). Unarmed attacks unleash a shockwave that deals the chosen damage type to all targets in front of you. Requires two free hands. Does not activate while sneaking.
90 - Ternion Assault - Unarmed attacks have 15% chance of a critical strike that deals critical damage equal to 25% of your current Stamina. If you are affected by Wardancer, every hit is a critical strike. Requires two free hands.

Wardancer is: 70 - Wardancer - In combat, taking no hits for 10 seconds fortifies attack damage by 10% if wearing all Light Armor. This bonus stacks, but is removed upon being hit or leaving combat.

Not to mention Sweeping Wind gets the bonus if you also have the perk:
50 - Windrunner - Move 15% faster in combat if wearing all Light Armor.

You can be the khajiit punchgod even better with Ordinator. Pull off your Kenshiro and beat the hell out of everyone.

(SPERG is still the best perk overhaul mod, with Ordinator following VERY closely. Why not use both with Sperg+Ordinator combined?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Woolie Wool posted:

Hothtrooper44's Viking shields that are included with Immersive Armors lack a shield with Dragonborn arms on it. I corrected this glaring oversignt:

Isn't that just the Septim crest?

• Locked thread