Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kater
Nov 16, 2010

I thought this last week but this only cements it, Dahrhke is the lamest loving bad guy ever. He is like if your middle school vice principal became evil. Holy gently caress the dude cannot wear a suit properly, and the direction doesn't even try to thrown him and his shoulderpads a bone.

Also magic bullshitting arrows is infinitely lamer than catching them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

As much as I enjoyed this episode the CEO Felicity stuff was approaching Laurel practicing law levels of the writing staff not knowing how anything works. Like I'm not sure they understand why corporations have boards of directors and that you can't just tell them "piss off I'm working on a top secret thing." The whole thing was really hammy and beat you over the head with it's message.

The rest was pretty great though and at least Thea has an excuse for being a pain now.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
They used a Rite-Aid pillcutter for a loving fingerprint analyzer. Do they not have anybody constructing props?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

LeafyOrb posted:

As much as I enjoyed this episode the CEO Felicity stuff was approaching Laurel practicing law levels of the writing staff not knowing how anything works. Like I'm not sure they understand why corporations have boards of directors and that you can't just tell them "piss off I'm working on a top secret thing." The whole thing was really hammy and beat you over the head with it's message.

The rest was pretty great though and at least Thea has an excuse for being a pain now.

Maybe they watched silicon valley and thought it worked like Hooli?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I really liked this episode but thought they were going for a more lighter tone this season? Felicity CEO subplots pretty terribad.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
"Man this show is great again! Damian Dahrk is hilariously awesome, and everything seems fun again!"
"Let's dig up my sister's corpse and go to the lovely League of Assholes to bring her back!"
"gently caress"

I'd actually be cool with it had the coffin been empty.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

LeafyOrb posted:

Yeah I don't know how corporations work either but the "oh hey the thing we're working in is propriety. top secret stuff" made me roll my eyes. Did no one there catch that?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think I liked this one even better than the premiere. I'm glad this show isn't pulling a Flash and killing its villains because Anarky was great and I'd love to see him back.

Though to be fair those Flash villains weren't any I'd like to see back. Discount Sandman and Bad Special Effects Man will not be missed.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

What was that name that Darhk and Baddie-of-the-Week kept mentioning? Something Zolo?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Sober posted:

Yeah I don't know how corporations work either but the "oh hey the thing we're working in is propriety. top secret stuff" made me roll my eyes. Did no one there catch that?

My fan-interpretation is that the execs knew she was full of poo poo and just went with it, hoping this obscenely unqualified CEO they've been stuck with will crash and burn (either at the 6-month deadline or most likely beforehand) and they'll have an excuse to oust her from the company and stage a coup.

Worst-case scenario, she pulls something out of her rear end and gets to keep her position, but if the company's back in black then that works for the board too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pretty great second ep. I love nice guy Ollie and they're really milking Winnick's GA run for everything they can.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

XboxPants posted:

My fan-interpretation is that the execs knew she was full of poo poo and just went with it, hoping this obscenely unqualified CEO they've been stuck with will crash and burn (either at the 6-month deadline or most likely beforehand) and they'll have an excuse to oust her from the company and stage a coup.

Worst-case scenario, she pulls something out of her rear end and gets to keep her position, but if the company's back in black then that works for the board too.
I feel like it would've made more sense if they just ousted her out trying to pull that poo poo. Execs don't think long term at all!

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The execs watched last week's episode and knew she'd be dead before the six months they gave her were up.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

hangedman1984 posted:

What was that name that Darhk and Baddie-of-the-Week kept mentioning? Something Zolo?

I was trying to figure this out too. Anarky doesn't have any Zolo organizations in his comic history as far as I'm aware. Who did they keep referencing?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Rick Pinzolo I believe was the name. After Darhk mentioned it Felicity listed him as one of the mobsters for whom Anarky had been an enforcer.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lol this is a comic book show people why are you expecting an accurate portrayal of business.

This development probably is them ending the CEO stuff in one episode. The rest of the Palmer Industries plot is hopefully going to be Felicity and Terrific using :science: to save the company.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Ville Valo posted:

I was trying to figure this out too. Anarky doesn't have any Zolo organizations in his comic history as far as I'm aware. Who did they keep referencing?

Rick Pinzolo, who google can only tell me was a gangster on a TV show called Wiseguy from the 80's. It was a CBS show tho so I guess anything's possible. :haw:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Oliver is overreacting. Barry wouldn't have any problem with what Thea has been doing.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Hypocrisy posted:

Oliver is overreacting. Barry wouldn't have any problem with what Thea has been doing.

Oliver: "Thea almost electrocuted someone to death!"
Barry: "Almost? Man, I shocked some dude so hard last night, he literally shattered."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ApeHawk posted:

Barry: "Almost? Man, I shocked some dude so hard last night, he literally shattered."

Last week I poisoned a dude with radiation

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

greatn posted:

Michael Holts pretty loving awesome in my opinion, even if I didn't know he's Mr Terrific I really liked his character.

He has a boyfriend too iirc. I bet he's named Terry Sloan

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

That episode owned bones - Arrow (2 episodes in) is back baby. (Oh God please don't start sucking again)

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Felicity: kind of a poo poo CEO

I hope her plan blows up in her face and costs the job of even more people in the long run :twisted:

To be fair Felicity's like the second most qualified person for her job on this show besides Lance. Tommy got to run the old club because he "knows how to have a good time", Thea got to run the club because Tommy died, Oliver got to run the company because his mom died, and Laurel got a job with the DA or whoever she worked for by blackmailing her boss. At least Felicity technically rose through the ranks.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
That...that was actually amazing. Everything in the episode was good.

I know about as much about business as Felicity apparently does, so I actually liked her plot. I...like...Felicity again? What is this emotion.

The fight scenes alone put the season 3 finale to shame.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

BrianWilly posted:

That...that was actually amazing. Everything in the episode was good.

I know about as much about business as Felicity apparently does, so I actually liked her plot. I...like...Felicity again? What is this emotion.

The fight scenes alone put the season 3 finale to shame.

That move in the first fight where Oliver shot the arrow line and Laurel caught into it in midair to glide down was very impressive.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Scyantific posted:

2 more weeks and we get Constantine. :flashfap:

I mean yeah Arrow's good this season so far, but this is what really matters here

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Goddamn, the fight scenes were on point tonight.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

VDay posted:

To be fair Felicity's like the second most qualified person for her job on this show besides Lance. Tommy got to run the old club because he "knows how to have a good time", Thea got to run the club because Tommy died, Oliver got to run the company because his mom died, and Laurel got a job with the DA or whoever she worked for by blackmailing her boss. At least Felicity technically rose through the ranks.

Eh, Laurel legit went to law school, and could be at a large law firm making waaaaay more money. She chose to come back to Starling City because of her dad. She only lost her job at the DA in the first place because of Blood setting her up about her drug problem(I mean she actually did have one, but they didn't discover it til later).

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

ShakeZula posted:

That move in the first fight where Oliver shot the arrow line and Laurel caught into it in midair to glide down was very impressive.

This was a legit good episode.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

ApeHawk posted:

I find it weird that he's complaining about that when Thea/Ollie both shot arrows directly into dude's torsos during the fights.

Seriously, why are you being hands off with a roaming gang of PMC terrorists? Dig has it right, just shoot 'em.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

I find it weird that he's complaining about that when Thea/Ollie both shot arrows directly into dude's torsos during the fights.

Seriously, why are you being hands off with a roaming gang of PMC terrorists? Dig has it right, just shoot 'em.

I thought it was pretty clear by now that the no-kill policy only applies to people with names. As I recall they killed a ton of Assassins last year and Ollie killed that guy while hallucinating without comment.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kegslayer posted:

The timing on that's good too. She's jumped slightly before he made the shot.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Kegslayer posted:

By far one of the best stunts in the entire run of the show. So goddamn cool.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Nephthys posted:

I thought it was pretty clear by now that the no-kill policy only applies to people with names. As I recall they killed a ton of Assassins last year and Ollie killed that guy while hallucinating without comment.

Dig's shooting rubber bullets now and the Arrows are aiming at nonvital organs. Clearly.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Hollismason posted:

I really liked this episode but thought they were going for a more lighter tone this season?

People brought this up last week also - why is this a thing?

Kegslayer posted:

Agreed - one of the top fight/stunt sequences of all the seasons.

The wig will be back, he still has 2 years to grow it back before he is "rescued".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mr Beens posted:

People brought this up last week also - why is this a thing?

Because it was a big talking point in all of their interviews and stuff.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Hollismason posted:

I really liked this episode but thought they were going for a more lighter tone this season? Felicity CEO subplots pretty terribad.

To come into the light, sometimes one must go through the darkness.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

No Luck Needed posted:

if Teen Titans are DC's X-Men then that makes HIVE DC's U-Men

X-Men is Marvel's Doom Patrol.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Hollismason posted:

Lighter relative to season 3, meaning every single character isn't angry and sullen at all times, and a smattering of jokes and fun character moments. I think they are trying for a season 2 balance as oppose to being The Flash.

I'm glad that they included the shot of Sara's desiccated corpse, though if anything it should be more decayed after more than a year. It emphasizes that it is an order of magnitude difference between putting Thea and Sara in the pit. Thea wasn't even dead when she went in, she was in a persistent vegetative state. It also demonstrates just how unhinged Laurel has become about this, which is an interesting direction for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

A lighter tone does not mean a light tone. The show is easily lighter than what it was last season in these two episodes. Them making it lighter doesn't mean there won't be dark moments and storylines.

• Locked thread