Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
#NotAllMotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Luke Smith posted:

I've only said "clear comms" or similar a few times and it was drat well warranted

i like it when you get flustered in trials and tell moistturtleneck and kingly to go away

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Vile posted:

Everyone bitching about parts
Play court of oryx for an hour or two with a large group

That and stop leveling up every lovely gun you get ffs..... play only with red death/sniper/raid machine gun you noob cancers

This is stupid. Grinding a bunch of piss easy encounters for hours just so I can unlock "This weapon has better stability" is dumb. "Oh, you're not actually supposed to use all these different guns you get showered with in this game that is about shooting things with rad guns" is dumb.

Not to mention you get basically zero weapon parts from PvP, so it creates a situation where you feel obligated to go do other content instead. Mechanics that make the game feel like a job are dumb bullshit that only appeals to the type of grognard that gets mad at people buying a gally off Xur instead of "earning" it.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Oct 15, 2015

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why are you leveling anything other than

Red death
Sniper (preferably eirene r44 with litc)
Raid machine gun / truth

I don't think you need any other guns to win this game????

TheSwingLord
Feb 12, 2007

vile with your insistence that everyone use the same loadout you may be better served playing hit eSports instant classic Halo 5

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

idk, maybe im just gifted

No, you just own an Xbone.

Luke Smith
Aug 6, 2015

by Cowcaster

Vile posted:

Red death
Raid machine gun / truth

Wow that is a lot of passage coins....

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheSwingLord posted:

vile with your insistence that everyone use the same loadout you may be better served playing hit eSports instant classic Halo 5

every few months there is undeniably a "best" load out. Ok I get if you want to use one or two different guns (like a cancer stick shotgun). But that only requires about 30 more weapon parts. How are people spending and needing hundreds? I'll tell you - leveling up stupid guns

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Vile posted:

Red death
Raid machine gun / truth

Are.... are those 79 Soliton Flares?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Vile posted:

Red death
Raid machine gun / truth

nice spinmetal count gaywad

Luke Smith
Aug 6, 2015

by Cowcaster

Vile posted:

every few months there is undeniably a "best" load out. Ok I get if you want to use one or two different guns (like a cancer stick shotgun). But that only requires about 30 more weapon parts. How are people spending and needing hundreds? I'll tell you - leveling up stupid guns

You'll want to level that Suros Dis47 once you get the rapid fire controller, so there is 15 plus 40 or 50 to 310 it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Getting killed by a red bar sucks. Getting killed by this red bar gives me mixed emotions because holy poo poo that gamer tag.

lmbo

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hulk Krogan posted:

This is stupid. Grinding a bunch of piss easy encounters for hours just so I can unlock "This weapon has better stability" is dumb.

So you don't like playing with your bros for an hour but people will run around a planet for two solo picking up materials for a sword

This game has rpg time sink bullshit. It's just life. Stop complaining.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Luke Smith posted:

I've only said "clear comms" or similar a few times and it was drat well warranted

Break-break will get Soulex to STFU and pay attention.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

nice spinmetal count gaywad

I should have spent the hundreds and hundreds of crucible and vanguard marks before Ttk and loaded up :negative:

Instead all I got was a rank or two with dumb factions

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ice Fist posted:

Are.... are those 79 Soliton Flares?

Those are Etheric Light from HoW. Exotic sword materials don't go into inventory, just straight into the quest progress bar.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Haha, Cayde gets pissy and glares at you if you're stood on his map.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

I had over 1000 weapon parts but then I traded most of them in for reputation. Seemed like a good idea at the time. :smith:

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Luke Smith posted:

You'll want to level that Suros Dis47 once you get the rapid fire controller, so there is 15 plus 40 or 50 to 310 it.

I 310d tlaloc and that gun alone is making me want to drop $90 on a new rapid fire controller

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

i like it when you get moist

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

haveblue posted:

Those are Etheric Light from HoW. Exotic sword materials don't go into inventory, just straight into the quest progress bar.

Got it. They looked vaguely like the rare mats I spent hours grinding to get yesterday and I was confused as to why someone would have 79 of them.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Yeah I wasted my weapon parts leveling factions and guns i will never use in PVP or the raid.

Using anything but the top tier best of in IB or Trials is a waste of time. If you want to goof around with odd guns do regular crucible, especially the classic playlists where most people are just bad

Luke Smith
Aug 6, 2015

by Cowcaster
"Is this the demise of XBone Krew? Is the great weapon parts debate of 2015 the final straw? Let's go live to Monkeu in the field for a special report."

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

haveblue posted:

Speaking of esthetic light I hope Hingis didn't forget about them and gives us a way to turn them in for money or Xp or rank :/

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why did binge autocorrect to Hingis

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Vile posted:

So you don't like playing with your bros for an hour but people will run around a planet for two solo picking up materials for a sword

This game has rpg time sink bullshit. It's just life. Stop complaining.

I'd like it if I could shoot many different guns while I play with my bros for an hour, in this game about shooting many different guns.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

i like it when you get flustered in trials and tell moistturtleneck and kingly to go away

I'm pretty good at knowing when to interject with my sales pitches for Snapware Total Solutions Brand Tupperware ©

TheSwingLord
Feb 12, 2007

Luke Smith posted:

"Is this the demise of XBone Krew? Is the great weapon parts debate of 2015 the final straw? Let's go live to Monkeu in the field for a special report."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqFXT0FBesI

Anasurimbur
Nov 18, 2010

SHODAN Processing Component 43893
IB does such a great job of remembering who you were and how you partied with a team that romped / cleaned up, and then proceeding to gently caress you harshly when you're solo. It's awful.

I've never seen folks with .08 K/D until today. I thought this impossible.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

My brother and me are gamers. He is unemployed and play World of Tanks all day, I have a job and support the pretense to be a normal function being.

This summer my sister left in our house the cage of my cousin hamster in the living room without telling us about it. Not having a reason to go to the living room (we all have our own room with big TV's to play videogames all day) the poor hamster died. The summer was specially hot this year, so it not only died, after a few days was a completely desiccated and odorless mummie.

I feel bad for the animal (I really do, plus is my cousin ex-hamster), but had a good laugh about it.

I want to render a analogy of this dead hamster and how Bungie manage loot in this game.

Bungie is me and my brother. And this hamster is the players.
The hamster is addicted to water and food. Players play Iron Banner for the rewards. Is supposed to be a high challenge high reward activity.
The hamster died without any water, under high temperatures and with not food whatsoever. Players find it confusing that after 30 games, they only have seen 2 or 3 items drop for anyone in any of the 30 games.

Tei fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 15, 2015

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Ran into my first super-exploiter today. It's not his super that makes me miserable, it's the orbs he's generating so his whole team can super

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Luke Smith posted:

appaently the Not Like The Others that the vanguard ho sells is really good for pvp. The high impact + explosive rounds + 75 aim assist makes it so the other player can't keep any kind of lock on you without unflinching which is rarely used for pulse rifles except red death. Also has crowd control and reactive reload so its a multi-kill machine.

gonna buy it today, level it up (rip vile), and report back

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Getting killed by a red bar sucks. Getting killed by this red bar gives me mixed emotions because holy poo poo that gamer tag.

That's one of the best way to have fun in Crucible with goon crews, just start yelling out poo poo like "I got MonsterSausage!" or "I killed DragonRider but RedDragon is still roaming". The jokes make themselves.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Vile posted:

Why did binge autocorrect to Hingis

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

RBA Starblade posted:

No we got that part, it didn't occur to us to have the roamers on the Daughter's platforms so they didn't have to sprint. Thanks, I'll keep it in mind for next time!

Everyone who uses that strat owes me $0.05 because I invented it. :colbert:

TheSwingLord
Feb 12, 2007

hey Tei all i'm getting from that is that you two morons sat in yoru rooms and played video games all day while an animal starved to death in the next room

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hulk Krogan posted:

I'd like it if I could shoot many different guns while I play with my bros for an hour, in this game about shooting many different guns.

Not really this is a game about head shooting human being noobs and then grieving on their bodies in trials. And you don't need 20 different guns to do that

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

it doesn't have his ultimate blooper on there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

The Slithery D posted:

Break-break will get Soulex to STFU and pay attention.

This is will never happen.

• Locked thread