Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
A scary but injured Julio drawing double coverage on top is probably good for Hankerson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Skull Knight posted:

What if I made it Hopkins for Forte?

Well Hopkins > Fitz so I'd say that's more likely to be accepted. Whether it's a good idea or not, I dunno. Hopkins is a top 5 ROS receiver and Forte's a top 5 ROS RB so it seems like fairly equal value, but Hopkins is such a monster that I'd hate to part with him. I'd have to really research their remaining schedules.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Cervixalot posted:

This is the only correct answer.

Good Lord it is impossible to imagine how DEN could be undefeated without really giving their defense the maddest, angriest props in the world. Look at every other performing team and they have at least SOMEONE producing as expected. It was just a year/two years ago that you could own all of the DEN skill positions and you were guaranteed the playoffs.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Gobias Ind. posted:

My commissioner just traded Sam Bradford for Dorial Green-Beckham and as soon as the trade went through he dropped DGB for the Oakland defense.

The guy acquiring Bradford has Brady on bye and no backup, but he's also the league taco that doesn't really make any moves because he knows very little about football. It's a work league, so he's friends with the commish and almost certainly got talked into it (not that it 's a bad deal for him - just not something he ever would have come up with on his own). So what the hell is this? Commissioner needed to drop someone for a D but didn't want to drop Bradford and risk a rival picking him up, so he dumped him to the lovely team for nothing so that it wouldn't come back to potentially haunt him?

So, remember this from a few weeks back? Well the commissioner just traded Brian Quick to get Bradford back. Brady owner doesn't really have any need for Bradford, so I suppose it makes some sense for him, but I would have given him more than Brian Quick for Bradford as the Peyton owner in a 14 team league.

I'm fairly certain that the commish just taking advantage of a beginner (and his friend) and found a way to stash Bradford for a couple weeks and that they didn't actually collude on this 'loan', but it still doesn't sit quite right with me.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Franks Happy Place posted:

A scary but injured Julio drawing double coverage on top is probably good for Hankerson.

Also worth mentioning that we'll be getting "Dome Ryan" instead of "Outdoors Ryan" so he'll probably drop like 450 yards.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Gonna try again. 0 PPR standard scoring yahoo
I give
AJ Green
Justin Tucker

I get
Keenan Allen
Greg Olsen

Heres my terrible dumpster fire team

Should I accept?

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I, for one, am excited for the 20 points that Matt Bryant is going to kick for me tonight.

He's going to be my highest scorer.... again :smith:

moechae
Apr 11, 2007

lolwhat
Hey all, I have a trade I have no idea what to do with. A guy in my league wants my Lamar Miller for his Ellington and Rawls. This whole trade is really conflicting. On one hand, with the new coaching in Miami Miller could finally start having value. If nothing changes though...and Lynch keeps having issues or anyone of the Cards RBs get hurt, then this is a great trade. But Ellington does have durability issues. Man, I dunno. Devil you know for ones you don't.

antisocial
May 26, 2004

Only pretending to be the world's worst poster!
Keep it on the down low (down low)
Nobody has to know...

Badly Jester posted:

I have a guy in my 8 man league who's desperate for a proper RB. He's trying to trade with me, and my first inclination is not to trade with him because I can't really find any upgrades. But since I'm new, maybe you guys see a potential trade that I'm missing?

My team:
QB: C. Palmer, M. Ryan
RB: A. Peterson, G. Bernard, F. Gore, C. Ivory, R. Hillman, M. Gordon
WR: D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, B. Marshall, R. Matthews, D. Bryant, B. LaFell
TE: M. Bennett, A. Gates

He said he's interested in Ivory, Bernard and Gordon in particular, and offered me free pick from his bench (K. Wright, K. Williams, E. Decker, CJ Anderson, J. Randle and some straight-up stinkers) and Rashad Jennings. He's also made a specific offer to trade Ivory for Decker and Joseph Randle, and I'm just not feeling it. The way I see it, I'd be trading a solid RB2 for a significant downgrade at RB and some more depth at WR, which I don't think is even necessary.

If you're not upgrading a starter for you..then it's not worth trading.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

moechae posted:

Hey all, I have a trade I have no idea what to do with. A guy in my league wants my Lamar Miller for his Ellington and Rawls. This whole trade is really conflicting. On one hand, with the new coaching in Miami Miller could finally start having value. If nothing changes though...and Lynch keeps having issues or anyone of the Cards RBs get hurt, then this is a great trade. But Ellington does have durability issues. Man, I dunno. Devil you know for ones you don't.

I'd hold on to Miller. I'm cautiously optimistic about an increased workload for him, and Ellington and Rawls just have too many questions marks/too much competition to be reliable in any way. Miller is still unquestionably the lead back in Miami.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Crunkjuice posted:

I give
AJ Green
Justin Tucker

I get
Keenan Allen
Greg Olsen

Should I accept?

Olsen is a huge upgrade on Fleener and lol kickers. I'd accept.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Olsen is a huge upgrade on Fleener and lol kickers. I'd accept.

He wore a Texas Tucker jersey for the draft and is a huge homer.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Andre Ellington and David Johnson for Lamar Miller. who wins in a standard no ppr.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
What do you guys think of Brees rest of season? Someone in my league dropped him, so I picked him up for $30 bucks cuz I guess I love pain. My other QBs are Roethlisberger and Bort. I'm hoping for one or two big games so that I can hopefully trade him away once Big Ben is back, but in the meantime do I start Brees over Bort tonight or what?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

TommyGun85 posted:

Andre Ellington and David Johnson for Lamar Miller. who wins in a standard no ppr.

Miller

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

Need to pick up a DEF. Standard scoring on NFL.

Is T. Coleman worth holding onto?

I think I'm leaning toward keeping Eifert and losing Witten

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

So, remember this from a few weeks back? Well the commissioner just traded Brian Quick to get Bradford back. Brady owner doesn't really have any need for Bradford, so I suppose it makes some sense for him, but I would have given him more than Brian Quick for Bradford as the Peyton owner in a 14 team league.

I'm fairly certain that the commish just taking advantage of a beginner (and his friend) and found a way to stash Bradford for a couple weeks and that they didn't actually collude on this 'loan', but it still doesn't sit quite right with me.

It's shady but worth bringing up to light because what they are doing is essentially forming alliances within the game. It may not be "illegal" because it's hard to prove, but anyone paying attention can see that getting back a player that you already traded away smells rotten.

This may be an opportunity to introduce a new rule for next year where players traded away cannot be returned to their original team unless the player is on IR, and use this as your case in point.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Crunkjuice posted:

I give
AJ Green
Justin Tucker

I get
Keenan Allen
Greg Olsen

Should I accept?

Try to squeeze another WR2/3 out of him. You need to remove Agholor from your starting roster.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Mikey Purp posted:

What do you guys think of Brees rest of season? Someone in my league dropped him, so I picked him up for $30 bucks cuz I guess I love pain. My other QBs are Roethlisberger and Bort. I'm hoping for one or two big games so that I can hopefully trade him away once Big Ben is back, but in the meantime do I start Brees over Bort tonight or what?

He's playing like poo poo. Holding the ball too long and taking a ton of sacks. But, his schedule does not look particularly difficult and he has a super late bye week which makes him a good backup while you wait on Big Ben to return.

The saints defense is real bad so you can count on Brees to pickup trash yardage all year (and probably throw some picks while he's at it). I'm personally hoping to move him a little later in the season. Maybe for Dalton once the Bengals bye has passed. Hopefully he's put up enough garbage points by then to look appealing in a trade.

E: Brees tends to play his best on a big stage at home. He should put up points vs. the Falcons. I'm rolling with him tonight; Vegas is predicting a lot of scoring.

Ayudo fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 15, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Mikey Purp posted:

As a Tyrod owner, I am starting Brees only out of necessity, but he has to be one of the best QB2 guys a person could roster in this situation. He is more over his injury than Bort and it is reasonable to suggest he will be airing it out while trying to stay in a game against ATL.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

Try to squeeze another WR2/3 out of him. You need to remove Agholor from your starting roster.

I put in lockett, but its defintely a weak point on my team. I hate having super deep benches. His receivers are Keenan Allen, John Brown, Deandre Hopkins, Rishard Matthews, and DHB. I guess i'll try to get Matthews out of him

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

I have a verbal agreement to ship off Jeremy Hill and receive Allen Robinson in my work league (12 team ESPN standard). I have Forte, Freeman, and Miller as my current RBs other than Hill. Should I do it? My current receivers are trash--Moncrief, Landry, Hurns, Hankerson, Lafell. I'm leaning yes, but I might be able to land Amari Cooper instead of Robinson if that's better.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
^ go for Amari first

Crunkjuice posted:

I put in lockett, but its defintely a weak point on my team. I hate having super deep benches. His receivers are Keenan Allen, John Brown, Deandre Hopkins, Rishard Matthews, and DHB. I guess i'll try to get Matthews out of him

You should be able to pull that off. AJ Green is a hard commodity to get these days - I would be bending over backwards and would give you Rishard to seal the deal.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Hmmm should I trade away Gore for Amari Cooper? I originally proposed Miller + Vereen over email, he accepted and proposed it but canceled before I could accept. Now he wants Gore and Vereen but I'm trying to push it through for just Gore. Am I fighting over crumbs here?

My team is RB-heavy as I also Leveon and Arian Foster. Half-PPR.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Rotoworld: Cowboys: We're going to let C-Mike 'rock'

"I think he's where he needs to be, and we want to take the reins off him and let him rock," was Brown's exact quote. The Cowboys have correctly determined they aren't getting enough big plays from Joseph Randle and Darren McFadden, and want to see what he can do as they wait for the returns of Dez Bryant and Tony Romo. There's a reason Michael has been mothballed for the first two and a half years of his career — he's been a slow developer, and has sometimes lacked feel for the game — but his athletic ability is off the charts. He could make something happen behind Dallas' dominant offensive line. Michael should be owned in all 12-team leagues.

:getin:

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
:smuggo:

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
So glad I dropped Michael on Monday :(

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
.5 ppr, 2pts for tds over 40 yds:

Pick 3:

Willie Snead vs Atl
Leonard Hankerson @NO
Jeremy Hill @Buff
Theo Riddick vs Chi
Martavis Bryant vs Ari
Kamar Aiken @SF

Currently leaning Snead, Aiken, Hankerson. Then Hill, Theo, Marty. Dammit Karlos and Yeldon!

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002
So should I drop CJA to pick up CMike?

I'm also thinking of dropping Mariota for Big Ben, because we play 2 QBs. That leaves me with Brees, Luck, and either Mariota or Big Rape. Who is better?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al9ae3_uOsQ

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Mr. BT posted:

So should I drop CJA to pick up CMike?

I'm also thinking of dropping Mariota for Big Ben, because we play 2 QBs. That leaves me with Brees, Luck, and either Mariota or Big Rape. Who is better?

Get Ben for sure. I love Mariota just fine, but Ben is a legit high end QB1 with all of those weapons.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
christine michael and zach zenner will be 12+ team contributors by the playoffs and the haters will continue to hate

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Dandy Kaiser posted:

christine michael and zach zenner will be 12+ team contributors by the playoffs and the haters will continue to hate

I'm not as sure about Zenner because Riddick is there and the coaches love him, but I'd certainly have my eye on Zenner for an end of bench spot in 12 team leagues.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

Cervixalot posted:

Rotoworld: Cowboys: We're going to let C-Mike 'rock'

"I think he's where he needs to be, and we want to take the reins off him and let him rock," was Brown's exact quote. The Cowboys have correctly determined they aren't getting enough big plays from Joseph Randle and Darren McFadden, and want to see what he can do as they wait for the returns of Dez Bryant and Tony Romo. There's a reason Michael has been mothballed for the first two and a half years of his career — he's been a slow developer, and has sometimes lacked feel for the game — but his athletic ability is off the charts. He could make something happen behind Dallas' dominant offensive line. Michael should be owned in all 12-team leagues.

:getin:

Hoping he slips back to me on Saturday since I dropped him Tuesday on waivers, but I'm 9th in line so womp womp.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Franks Happy Place posted:

I'm not as sure about Zenner because Riddick is there and the coaches love him, but I'd certainly have my eye on Zenner for an end of bench spot in 12 team leagues.

Don't think Zach and Riddick will become the Lions 1a/1b?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Psikotik posted:

Hoping he slips back to me on Saturday since I dropped him Tuesday on waivers, but I'm 9th in line so womp womp.

Not sure if it's true of all sites, but Yahoo doesn't let you claim someone that you dropped.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

.5 ppr, 2pts for tds over 40 yds:

Pick 3:

Willie Snead vs Atl
Leonard Hankerson @NO
Jeremy Hill @Buff
Theo Riddick vs Chi
Martavis Bryant vs Ari
Kamar Aiken @SF

Currently leaning Snead, Aiken, Hankerson. Then Hill, Theo, Marty. Dammit Karlos and Yeldon!

Do you mean rest of season, or just this week? Because this week, Hankerson is playing a TNF game with bruised ribs. I'd put him behind hill and maybe riddick too, but with upside if he's actually feeling great. He's risky.

ROS I think you rankings are OK, although hankerson and snead might swap based on how badly Brees is doing, and/or how often he's funslinging from behind in late games which gives #2 WR targets a lot of upside.

Finally, Bryant's prospects get a lot better once Big Ben is healthy. And I have no idea about kamar aiken, I've paid no attention to him at all.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

Don't think Zach and Riddick will become the Lions 1a/1b scenario?

Very plausible, but Joique is still farting around (see: Shonn Greene last year for how a bad veteran RB can linger long past when a rational actor would pull the cord), and they just invested in Abdullah so it remains to be seen how 'benched' he really is.

Zenner passed the eye test in the pre-season, the coaches like him and would trust him if he got the opportunity. But there's just so many bodies in there, it's a muddy backfield.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

Gobias Ind. posted:

Not sure if it's true of all sites, but Yahoo doesn't let you claim someone that you dropped.

I can't put a waiver in for him, which is why I am hoping nobody else pays attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Psikotik posted:

I can't put a waiver in for him, which is why I am hoping nobody else pays attention.

Yahoo unlocks waivers at somewhere between midnight and 1am PST, so if you hop on there and try to add him right away, you will be able to do so as long as there's no existing waiver claim on him. If there is it will give you a message about him being tied up in "another roster move" or some poo poo.

It's a very nice sneaky way to play the Yahoo system.

• Locked thread