Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
My interpretation of that wasn't so much "Gyro needs to have a Stand to beat Valentine," it was "The Perfect Spin is so goddamn powerful it made a Stand".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

My interpretation of that wasn't so much "Gyro needs to have a Stand to beat Valentine," it was "The Perfect Spin is so goddamn powerful it made a Stand".

That's precisely it. The supplemental chapter even says that mastery of something can give the user a Stand related to it. People take it to explain some things in pre-SBR parts (which might be some of Araki's authorial intent there, to be fair), such as Tonio but most directly, it refers to what eventually gave Gyro his stand. He mastered the spin and it gave him a Stand.

e: I forget if Rohan is an Arrow stander or not, but I'm leaning towards no but editing him out for now.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Aurain posted:

That's precisely it. The supplemental chapter even says that mastery of something can give the user a Stand related to it. People take it to explain some things in pre-SBR parts (which might be some of Araki's authorial intent there, to be fair), such as Tonio but most directly, it refers to what eventually gave Gyro his stand. He mastered the spin and it gave him a Stand.

e: I forget if Rohan is an Arrow stander or not, but I'm leaning towards no but editing him out for now.

Rohan is a natural Stand user.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Why are there four Dios but no Foo Fighters

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There are probably more characters to be revealed from parts 5 onwards. I imagine Parts 1-4 are done now.

Part 5 doesn't even have Bruno or Diavolo confirmed yet but there's absolutely no chance that Bruno isn't in and naturally, Diavolo is the villain of his part.

They've said that the DLC for this game will be free too so that means it's getting some so even if they don't make launch, I can't imagine Foo Fighters and Hot Pants not getting in eventually. Wouldn't surprise me if Wekapipo gets in too eventually to help flesh out Gyro's "revolution" skill set.

The hidden secret mystery character is almost definitely the fifth Dio too.

I want to 2x The World some fools though so I'm glad Diego's World is its own thing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I knew World!Diego was going to be in this somehow. I just thought he'd be unlocked if Valentine did that "Take on my will" thing with Diego as his partner.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Same.

This was also Tonio's deal. Okuyasu's brother never shot him with the arrow, his cooking ability was just so good that he developed superpowers linked with it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I'm just curious about how you'd meaningfully differentiate DIO and Diego 2.0. I guess Diego would be more mobility based and DIO more for fighting?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

ChaosArgate posted:

I'm just curious about how you'd meaningfully differentiate DIO and Diego 2.0. I guess Diego would be more mobility based and DIO more for fighting?

Diego appears to have his horse, he's probably a mix of regular Diego and DIO.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Reposting for Aurain from the other thread to preserve the mystery of the incredible shrinking Kobayashi.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Steel Ball Jack video says that the SBR fighters have a Stand variation and a Horse one to change up how they play a bit, where Gyro gets a third on top. I'm not sure how no horse Johnny will work in an arena game like this.

I guess with Diego + The World you'll be able to use more tricks, like the razor wires and matches as opposed to brute forcing sort of things.

e: Ah right, will edit it out.
e2: Noticed you have. Didn't realise he was shrunken in that one. My bad. Thanks!

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 15, 2015

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
I hope he has a move where he blocks attacks by covering himself with adoring women.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I am glad we are up to five versions of Dio in EoH

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Normie Slayer posted:

They could totally start a band.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Bad Seafood posted:

Same.

This was also Tonio's deal. Okuyasu's brother never shot him with the arrow, his cooking ability was just so good that he developed superpowers linked with it.

That Feng Shui dude in Stone Ocean also.

I also always had the impression that the zombie horse was implied to be created buy Gyro's father's development of a Stand.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Here's the translated page

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Aurain posted:

Tusk Act 1 is cute as gently caress.

Agreed :3:

And yeah, Rohan is a natural user. I had just assumed otherwise until I finally got Rohan Goes to the Louvre and was confused by his timeline.

E: bad seafood, with tonio was it all natural ability that turned it into a stand or was it also the motivator of his sick partner?

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 15, 2015

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm in the middle of reading part six, and I just noticed something. Is Annasui the woman who took a bunch of male hormones who was pointed out by Jolyene and a guard at the very beginning?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nope, they're never relevant at any point other than that.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ascalapha odorata posted:

And yeah, Rohan is a natural user. I had just assumed otherwise until I finally got Rohan Goes to the Louvre and was confused by his timeline.

Rohan's timeline is screwed up anyway, what with him having his stand way earlier than he said he had it and using his stand on himself when he said he couldn't do that. Chalk it up to araki forgetting nbd lol

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Normie Slayer posted:

I remember joking about this when ASB was coming out and here we are with five actual Dios.

I hope they create an original Jotaro to counter their original DIO, maybe with Star Platinum Requim.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm in the middle of reading part six, and I just noticed something. Is Annasui the woman who took a bunch of male hormones who was pointed out by Jolyene and a guard at the very beginning?

I'm pretty sure that character is a really butch looking woman that shows up in the background a few times now and then.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Whoa... It's the dawn of a new age.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
5 Dios? That just means more Dios for Part 4 Jotaro to beat up.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He looks snazzy as hell in his Part 4 outfit and I'm glad I bought a statue with him because it looks super nice.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Aurain posted:

I'm not sure how no horse Johnny will work in an arena game like this.

I can see Johnny working off the horse with lots of ranged stuff with his fingernails and holes. Probably will be able to control the moving holes to teleport around the arena or shoot from weird angles from a long distance. And, of course, to have Tusk IV come out and CHUMIMIIIIIIIII from far away. Basically, another long-range stand style person like how N'Doul and Narancia seem to control.

Although, it does mention that you move through Acts as the battle goes on, so maybe he starts off as a fairly close-range character, then gets more and more long-range utilities as the battle goes on and Tusk evolves. Might be interesting?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

They made Johnny work in a 1 v 1 fighting game, he can definitely work in a 2 v 2 arena brawler. He was one of my favorites too, leveling up Tusk towards 4 and pulling off his ultimate special was very satisfying.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Baal posted:

He looks snazzy as hell in his Part 4 outfit and I'm glad I bought a statue with him because it looks super nice.

That's a cool as gently caress Jotaro right there.

I ordered a Josuke SAS today to match the Crazy Diamond I have. I'm excited to get my hands on that.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I have a rohan sas on the way but am holding off on josuke for that re-release since it might be a tiny bit cheaper. I no-joke check prices for oku almost daily because I'll buy if I find a figure priced below $65. It's still high 80s :(

I kind of regret getting sdc instead of 4taro, though what I *really* want is a stone ocean jotaro figure.

The weather report sas looks really good, too.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
White outfit Jotaro loving rules, drat

Only JoJo figure I'm itching for is Statue Legend pink Killer Queen to match my Crazy Diamond, but sadly they've had only white Killer Queen for a while.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Broseph Brostar posted:

I remember joking about this when ASB was coming out and here we are with five actual Dios.

I hope they create an original Jotaro to counter their original DIO, maybe with Star Platinum Requim.

I'd like it if Giorno was who has the final showdown, father vs son, OP stand vs OP stand, and Giorno choosing to be a GioGio over a Gio

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I have a rohan sas on the way but am holding off on josuke for that re-release since it might be a tiny bit cheaper. I no-joke check prices for oku almost daily because I'll buy if I find a figure priced below $65. It's still high 80s :(

I kind of regret getting sdc instead of 4taro, though what I *really* want is a stone ocean jotaro figure.

The weather report sas looks really good, too.

whoa yeah, Okuyasu is crazy expensive. He's £60 on Amazon UK (might be a bit cheaper elsewhere). Crazy.

I'm going to get a KQ and Kira to match my Josuke/CD at one point. Seems like you get a Kosaku and a Bowie head with him too so you don't have to pick a side.

I'll probably get a DIO and The World before Kira though, but that's all quite far in the future.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Aurain posted:

The Steel Ball Jack video says that the SBR fighters have a Stand variation and a Horse one to change up how they play a bit, where Gyro gets a third on top. I'm not sure how no horse Johnny will work in an arena game like this.

I guess with Diego + The World you'll be able to use more tricks, like the razor wires and matches as opposed to brute forcing sort of things.

e: Ah right, will edit it out.
e2: Noticed you have. Didn't realise he was shrunken in that one. My bad. Thanks!

Can't Johnny pretty much walk around again fine by the time the other world Diego shows up?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes, butt they're not going to have Johnny walk.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Johnny will be able to walk as a separate character.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

That was just a joke to show Jolyne is really gullible.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Aurain posted:

whoa yeah, Okuyasu is crazy expensive. He's £60 on Amazon UK (might be a bit cheaper elsewhere). Crazy.

My whole "wait for the price to come down" plan is probably not smart given that it'll probably get worse unless they re-release? There's not a lot of Okuyasu stuff out there. Maybe if they made a part four anime someday there'd be greater demand.

Thanks to you I've come perilously close to getting a crazy diamond sas myself but I'm still worried that if I start getting too into stands, I'll never stop. Right now I'm still thinking hard about getting a risotto nero figurine, though there aren't a ton of pictures of the purple variation so I'm not sure? And yet I harbor so many sinful nero thoughts:

E: i love finding typos that are actually my pet peeve almost a day after making a post

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 16, 2015

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wish risotto could have made it :(

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

My whole "wait for the price to come down" plan is probably not smart given that it'll probably get worse unless they re-release? There's not a lot of Okuyasu stuff out there. Maybe if they made a part four anime someday there'd be greater demand.

Thanks to you I've come perilously close to getting a crazy diamond sas myself but I'm still worried that if I start getting too into stands, I'll never stop. Right now I'm still thinking hard about getting a risotto nero figurine, though there aren't a ton of pictures of the purple variation so I'm not sure? And yet I harbor so many sinful nero thoughts:

In my dreams there exists a Doppio/Diavolo Statue Legend figure, but so far this has never come to pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Thanks to you I've come perilously close to getting a crazy diamond sas myself but I'm still worried that if I start getting too into stands, I'll never stop.

I'd say sorry but I think everyone needs some Crazy Diamond in their life so I'm not but hold strong.

I think this is fake but it's a well done one if it is.

E: Here's the source of it from the URL in the image, from the upcoming UJ it seems.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-16/jojo-bizarre-adventure-eyes-of-heaven-part-7-characters-themed-ps4-designs-revealed/.94280

Heaven DIO - "The World Over Heaven".