Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Jags are rotten :(

Wrx is modernized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Which Jag is that? I sort of gave up all hope on them after my last post when I stumbled onto that part of the X-Type's Edmunds page where it says "Fuel Type: PREMIUM REQUIRED, BITCH $$$$$$$$$"

I mean if it got better mileage than what I already drive and needed premium, that's fine, but it gets worse mileage AND needs expensive gas? gently caress that noise!

Are you still there and able to check stuff out? That 08 Civic SI would do me good for a couple years assuming it's in decent shape. I was gonna go up Friday to check it out before bidding online, but if the cars aren't auctioned online I might just have to get up at 6am Saturday and hit the road. I just want to know if it's been smoked in. I smoked for ten years, quit 11 months ago, and don't want to end up with something that reminds me of how terrible it is, every single day.

slidebite posted:

Ex-cop cars are a crap shoot. Even then I'd keep an eye out on http://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm?snc=wfsav, the government surplus auction, where they liquidate RCMP and pretty much every crown agency fleet... including autos/goods forfeited to the crown. They had a Countach on there a couple years ago.

Don't get too stoked on that Jag. I took one out for a test drive a few years back and it was thoroughly disappointing... unless of course you get it for literally nothing.

Whoa thanks for that surplus link!

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 15, 2015

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

McTinkerson posted:

Life in the prairies does things to a man...
At least the Calgary folks are a little under an hour away from the mountains, us central and northerners are hosed. It's all flat and straight.

:smug:

View from my bedroom window this morning. Cropped to take out my ugly rear end front yard (it's a work in progress) and the neighbours yard (for privacy reasons. I don't want to be the rear end in a top hat to throw some dude's front yard up on the internet if he doesn't want it there.)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Lets put the X-type in the correct context:

You're basically buying a polished Ford Contour.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Cossie stuff is really expensive for Subarus, holy balls. I bet the bidding will be ridiculous.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
PS that is just a rebranded k&n that costs $100 more.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
I can indeed confirm that McTinkerson's truck is way more fun than it has any right to be

Edit: also I'm selling my 2005 Forester, so if you want a Subaru in Edmonton come and pay me too much for it

DrakeriderCa fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Oct 15, 2015

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
I'm normally not one to complain about fuel prices, but I was over on Vancouver Island last weekend and it's really hosed up that gas is cheaper there than it is in Calgary and Edmonton

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

:byodood: BUT THERE'S NO WAY A REFINERY COULD EVER BE PROFITABLE IN ALBERTA :byodood:

Yeah, it wouldn't be profitable, for the existing refiners across the continent.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
anyone know what the lighting/reflector requirements are for a sled deck ? Also is Gregg's the best place to get led marker lights ?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Dear powershift,

Stop doing dumb poo poo.

Signed, powershift.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Powershift posted:

Dear powershift,

Stop doing dumb poo poo.

Signed, powershift.

Good luck with that.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Perhaps that should be the new thread title: "Alberta AI: days since powershift has done something stupid:"

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Powershift posted:

Dear powershift,

Stop doing dumb poo poo.

Signed, powershift.

:allears:

Tell me plz I live vicariously through you

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

jonathan posted:

anyone know what the lighting/reflector requirements are for a sled deck ? Also is Gregg's the best place to get led marker lights ?
Greggs is kinda rapey. If you've got a Fleet Brake nearby they're usually the cheapest, but just shop around whatever truck part shops are nearby.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tommychu posted:

Greggs is kinda rapey. If you've got a Fleet Brake nearby they're usually the cheapest, but just shop around whatever truck part shops are nearby.

I love Gregg's but never purchased lighting there. There is a fleet brake over in Clairmont so I'll head over there. Might get fancy and do some light strips and amber "mood lighting" for the sled deck.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DrakeriderCa posted:

:allears:

Tell me plz I live vicariously through you
Apparently it's hereditary. Full story at noon.

Until Then, These are Torbo m120s. They weigh a billion loving pounds and you don't want to know what they're worth.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

McTinkerson posted:

It's getting a 3"/6" drop in the spring... (Full Race Motorsports also has a EFR 7163 kit capable of 1000hp)

Wow...it needs it just like the Chevies have for quite some time. DAT WHEEL GAP.

Do people think that looks good now? Whatever happened to just tucking under the fender flares for flex?

Regardless of that: badass. Very nice purchase.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Powershift megapost!

Chapter 1: auction

The auction tomorrow looks boring as all balls, but i'm going anyways because my old man needs a new truck since his got stolen.

The non-running fords he bought yesterday didn't help the situation. one a seized ecoboost and one a god drat 6 liter.

They added some neat stuff but still, most of it is blah

High mile E46 coupe with a wiggle stick. could be a cheap track car
http://details.maauctions.com/AutolistingYYC_Detail.aspx?Link=16/10/2015%5Ea70cdcb2f7d44866b4a06a28f33bf2c1

drop top 5.0 fox body. shame it's an auto though
http://details.maauctions.com/AutolistingYYC_Detail.aspx?Link=16/10/2015%5E40623a72e4f9427ca8e7ea1fbf7e7fde

a the worst sti. also an 09. be interesting to see the price gap. it's lower mileage but dinged and banged up a bit.
http://details.maauctions.com/AutolistingYYC_Detail.aspx?Link=16/10/2015%5E06d19c379a724ce58993b163791d04f9

chapter 2: lovely day

This morning we went out this morning for tools and found someone broke into our sea can and stole all the power tools. enough that it's a massive kick in the nuts, but not enough to be worth an insurance claim. We Threw what was left of value into my pickup and went to deal with those trucks.

The dumb poo poo i did today: i officially bought my pickup from my company at the beginning of October when the rego ran out on the company plate, I was using the plate and registration off my other pickup because i was told you have 30 days. turns out it's 14 days. and i also didn't have the insurance card because it's in a bag of receipts somewhere. And the 2015 sticker never really stuck to the plate so it looked out of date. Also, like an rear end in a top hat, i didn't have the bill of sale with me, or anything at all, really, to prove i owned the truck. Just a perfect storm of me being dumb as hell.

I was somewhat worried, figured a truck with no paperwork full of tools, he would assume it was all stolen and reach for the handcuffs and tow truck. Or he really could have gone all out and said no insurance, no registration and left it up to me to prove otherwise which is like $3500 in tickets and a tow.

Ended up being a really nice guy, got a $155 ticket for fail to carry proof of ownership of new vehicle which is pretty much the cheapest ticket i could have gotten out of that. A relatively cheap lesson to don't do dumb poo poo.

I also finally got my registration renewals so i can go in on monday and legalify the gently caress out of everything and put it somewhere that doesn't end up in a bag when i clean out my vehicles.

Chapter 3: pictures of poo poo

dustless pressure blasters. these things are 30 thousand loving dollars new. they're also a bajillioin loving pounds, and had to be taken apart to fit in the truck, and for 2 rather large men to move.

rear end in a top hat crackheads pushed the toolboxes over to discover there was nothing of value in them.

dicks

$25 headache rack! I was considering a wood deck on the pickup with a headache rack for tiedowns. this might be the perfect one. i don't know what they're worth, but i'm pretty sure it's not $25.

A dodge sold as a non-runner with "transfer case problems". yup, definitely has issues.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Saw a Fisker at the airport this morning; who knew?

GrantC
Nov 1, 2011

Read the friggin rulebook before you build your "racecar", stupid ricer.

Man, I never even sucessfully spotted the radioactive green jeep in traffic... I'll never spot this.

In other news, the WCMA AGM is always good for an "impromptu car meet" in the parking lot outside...

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

How did the auction go Powershift? Did you notice what the Viper went for?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

slidebite posted:

How did the auction go Powershift? Did you notice what the Viper went for?

I missed the viper. the 325ci went for $1300. the wrx sti for $16k, the dodge 600 convertible for $100. couple $2k smart cars there.

would have been a good auction for a hoonmobile. the trucks all went really high though, internet bidders really screwing the pooch on some of them. The market is trending hard hard upwards on used trucks, i think because there's american money getting involved at $1.30.

My dad got an ex-husky F250. i went into the system test, and it had around 1400 hours on it with 250 hours idling, meaning it had a moving average of over 80kph. it also had a factory spray-in bedliner that looked brand new and never had a fire extinguisher or headache rack screwed into the bed like most trucks. The hitch doesn't look like it was ever used either. I don't think it's possible to use a truck more gently than that thing was used.

Most of the trucks there had 6500 hours with 3000 hours idling, and a moving average around 25kph. 6500 hours and 65k kms, they still went for $25k.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Any of you guys hit the junk yards on a regular basis? I'm in need of Canadian model Protege (90-94 BG) manual seat belts and A pillar plastic. US models got the lovely automatic belts and they are horrible. I'd pay good american $$$ if someone could help me out.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

leica posted:

Any of you guys hit the junk yards on a regular basis? I'm in need of Canadian model Protege (90-94 BG) manual seat belts and A pillar plastic. US models got the lovely automatic belts and they are horrible. I'd pay good american $$$ if someone could help me out.

Send me some pics or other details @gmail

Those years are probably already rusted and crushed though, but I can take a look.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Email sent, thanks man!

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

So switch, while you're in Japan, can you pitch a show to a couple of anime studios for me?

Setting: the long lost son of a dead king returns to the galaxy upon a golden space canoe to find the kingdom his father built was in ruins.

Small blue goblins in sweater vests are everywhere and subsist on a diet of cats and tears. They must be defeated to restore intergalactic credibility.

The son's powers include a magical boy transformation where his hair grows really long and he gains lion type facial features. Then he can blast red bolts of energy.

Let's call it Trudeau-mane-ia as a working title.

Make sure it's clear that only about 1/3 of the kingdom's citizens actually like the prince, and 1/3rd actively with against him.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

leica posted:

According to their website, my local pick and pull has a couple 98s but nothing older.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Slung Blade posted:

So switch, while you're in Japan, can you pitch a show to a couple of anime studios for me?

Setting: the long lost son of a dead king returns to the galaxy upon a golden space canoe to find the kingdom his father built was in ruins.

Small blue goblins in sweater vests are everywhere and subsist on a diet of cats and tears. They must be defeated to restore intergalactic credibility.

The son's powers include a magical boy transformation where his hair grows really long and he gains lion type facial features. Then he can blast red bolts of energy.

Let's call it Trudeau-mane-ia as a working title.

Make sure it's clear that only about 1/3 of the kingdom's citizens actually like the prince, and 1/3rd actively with against him.
Based on the polls the last couple weeks, I completely expect the Liberals to win tonight, the only question I have is whether they can pull a majority out of their rear end or not with NDP supporters strategically voting.

I still say though, the gnashing of teeth and vitriol that would be spewed forth if Harper wins again would be absolutely amazing though.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

slidebite posted:

I still say though, the gnashing of teeth and vitriol that would be spewed forth if Harper wins again would be absolutely amazing though.

I'm totally indifferent to the Liberals winning to the point where I'd like to see this just for the kicks. I ended up at the dinner table of upper middle class liberal yuppies last weekend (one of them was a campaign coordinator for Druh Farrell for example) and the disconnect with reality is almost as bad as the Conservatives.

I'm really unhappy about making the Trudeau name into a political legacy, I like the Liberal's election platform but they always seem to go to the right of whatever their election platform is. Then again gently caress the NDP for running a completely underwhelming election.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

gently caress, all the choices suck but with my limited political knowledge I think the liberals sucked the least, so that's who I voted for.

From the sounds of it the voter turn out should be pretty good this year if the local radio is to be believed.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

1500quidporsche posted:

Then again gently caress the NDP for running a completely underwhelming election.

This. Tom's my man, but gently caress, he just...underwhelmed. I'm not sure how he managed to, but, yeah. Ah well, anyone but assharper.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I voted conservative for my first time. But that was before knowing the libertarians were pushing for legal hookers and cocaine.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Liberals are absolutely crushing it out east, holy poo poo Leading or elected in each riding :monocle:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

CBC just called the LIberals to win.

E: Holy poo poo, it's early, but Tom Mulcair is on track to lose his seat :lol:

slidebite fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Oct 20, 2015

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

slidebite posted:

CBC just called the LIberals to win.

That was a fairly easy call for them to make, minority or majority is what we're going to be up all night waiting for.

edit: Looks like a Liberal majority now. Looks like we all lose :negative:

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 20, 2015

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I was not expecting that. :stare:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Could have done without a victory speech that long.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
All blue? Jesus Christ Alberta, you really are the Texas of Canada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

MustardFacial posted:

All blue? Jesus Christ Alberta, you really are the Texas of Canada.

Yes, because when I think of Texans, I sure do think of liberals.