Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
wrong thread thats gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Dad Hominem
Dec 4, 2005

Standing room only on the Disco Bus
Fun Shoe
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153445397777713&id=20669912712

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

haha I loving love Gunnersuaras me

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

JFairfax posted:

haha I loving love Gunnersuaras me

the most commitment seen from someone in an arsenal shirt in ages

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I think United realised that Evra was poison after the Suarez affair. I don't think they ever felt really comfortable with Evra's account of what happened, but felt obliged to let him carry on with his dubious accusations for fear of him playing the racist card against them too.

He really was/is a most objectionable character and I for one was very pleased to see United move him on - he tainted himself and the club over the Suarez affair and he's better off in Italy where the do-gooders and politically correct won't pander to him like they did here. Good riddance, horrid little man...

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Brony Car posted:

I think United realised that Evra was poison after the Suarez affair. I don't think they ever felt really comfortable with Evra's account of what happened, but felt obliged to let him carry on with his dubious accusations for fear of him playing the racist card against them too.

He really was/is a most objectionable character and I for one was very pleased to see United move him on - he tainted himself and the club over the Suarez affair and he's better off in Italy where the do-gooders and politically correct won't pander to him like they did here. Good riddance, horrid little man...

Anyone bitching about "the politically correct" is the new "I'm not racist, but"

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

The Mash posted:

Anyone bitching about "the politically correct" is the new "I'm not racist, but"

What, a male with normal testosterone levels?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

African AIDS cum posted:

What, a male with normal testosterone levels?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Don’t really understand how you can claim Messi is so great when look at what happens with the national team?? How many world cups has Brazil won with Messi “leading” the squad?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Big Soccer still think Adu is the answer to their problems

American soccer is poo poo. Especially in the context of this latest loss where we are screaming for some like Freddy. Too bad this innicent kid is being blackballed. He could have won us the spot. But no. it's infuriating. Klinsi alls up colege players instead of this.....American soccer deserves to die. Maybe in 10-20 years we'll have players like Donovan again...but get ready for a Loooooooooooooooong stage of not Adu's or Donovan's.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Ewar Woowar posted:

American soccer is poo poo. Especially in the context of this latest loss where we are screaming for some like Freddy. Too bad this innicent kid is being blackballed. He could have won us the spot. But no. it's infuriating. Klinsi alls up colege players instead of this.....American soccer deserves to die. Maybe in 10-20 years we'll have players like Donovan again...but get ready for a Loooooooooooooooong stage of not Adu's or Donovan's.

give up jojo

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

lol

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Impressive

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

sainsbury shopper for sure

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

EC10 or whatever that posters name is

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

lol, wrong thread.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Definitely wrong thread!

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Gotta love 'em. Bless....

Pep talk​

Ok, lookin' at some stats... mhm yeah... wait what? This can't be right. HOLY ****?!? WATFORD HAS CONCEDED 1 GOAL AT HOME THIS ENTIRE SEASONAND IT WAS A ****ING PENALTY 
WELL **** THAT ****, WE OUT HERE TO CHANGE THAT! THIS IS ****ING ARSENAL WE ARE TALKING ABOUT, NO MINOR RELEGATION TEAM IS ABOUT TO MESS WITH OUR ****ING FLOW! WE BEAT THE LEAGUE LEADERS RECENTLY, WHAT IS ****ING WATFORD TO THE MIGHTY, THE GOD, OUR LORD AND SAVIOR ****ING ALEXIS SANCHEZ WHAT IS A ****ING HORNET TO A BLOODY CANNONTHAT ****'LL DIE, PREPARE TO BE SMASHED *****ESSSSS!!! THE WHOLE TEAM IS ABOUT TO GET A ****ING HATTRICK AGAINST THESE NOBODIES, ARSENAL! ARSENAL! ARSENAL!

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

pointsofdata posted:

Gotta love 'em. Bless....

Pep talk​

Ok, lookin' at some stats... mhm yeah... wait what? This can't be right. HOLY ****?!? WATFORD HAS CONCEDED 1 GOAL AT HOME THIS ENTIRE SEASONAND IT WAS A ****ING PENALTY 
WELL **** THAT ****, WE OUT HERE TO CHANGE THAT! THIS IS ****ING ARSENAL WE ARE TALKING ABOUT, NO MINOR RELEGATION TEAM IS ABOUT TO MESS WITH OUR ****ING FLOW! WE BEAT THE LEAGUE LEADERS RECENTLY, WHAT IS ****ING WATFORD TO THE MIGHTY, THE GOD, OUR LORD AND SAVIOR ****ING ALEXIS SANCHEZ WHAT IS A ****ING HORNET TO A BLOODY CANNONTHAT ****'LL DIE, PREPARE TO BE SMASHED *****ESSSSS!!! THE WHOLE TEAM IS ABOUT TO GET A ****ING HATTRICK AGAINST THESE NOBODIES, ARSENAL! ARSENAL! ARSENAL!

That's Wenger.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
I went into Timpson's to get a couple of keys cut this afternoon, wearing my City jacket.

Anyway, while the female assistant was checking the keys, her male colleague started. "You want to get a proper top."

"Nothing wrong with this one," l replied, immediately on rag alert.

After repeating the crap about the top a couple of times, he then changed tack, "You should get a proper logo" - yep, logo - "on it," and picked up a rag badge they had on sale, confirming my suspicions.

After telling him I was quite happy with the badge on my coat and informing him that City is the only team in Manchester, he asked where we were in the League.

"Top," I replied flatly and went to speak to the woman. "Can I leave them with you and pick them up later?"

"Yeah, you don't want to listen to him waffling on do you?" she replied.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Regular Shots: (-3.19 - 0.095 * distance + 3.18 * inverse_distance + 1.88 * relative_angle + 0.24 * inverse_angle - 2.09 * inverse_dist*angle + 0.45 * throughball_assist + 0.64 * throughball_2nd_assist + 0.31 * assist_across_face - 0.15 * cutback_assist + 2.18 * inverse_assist_distance + 0.12 * assist_angle + 0.23 * fast_break + 0.18 * counterattack + 0.09 * established_possession - 0.18 * following_corner + 1.2 * big_chance + 1.1 * following_error + 0.39 * following_dribble + 0.14 * dribble_distance + 0.37 * rebound + 0.03 * game_state + 0.07 * Bundesliga - 0.1 * EPL - 0.09 * LaLiga - 0.07 * SerieA)

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Von Linus posted:

Regular Shots: (-3.19 - 0.095 * distance + 3.18 * inverse_distance + 1.88 * relative_angle + 0.24 * inverse_angle - 2.09 * inverse_dist*angle + 0.45 * throughball_assist + 0.64 * throughball_2nd_assist + 0.31 * assist_across_face - 0.15 * cutback_assist + 2.18 * inverse_assist_distance + 0.12 * assist_angle + 0.23 * fast_break + 0.18 * counterattack + 0.09 * established_possession - 0.18 * following_corner + 1.2 * big_chance + 1.1 * following_error + 0.39 * following_dribble + 0.14 * dribble_distance + 0.37 * rebound + 0.03 * game_state + 0.07 * Bundesliga - 0.1 * EPL - 0.09 * LaLiga - 0.07 * SerieA)

stats so tasty you could eat them, yum

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
gently caress me...

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Von Linus posted:

Has science gone too far?

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

Von Linus posted:

I put this into stata and the computer generated a graphic of a gaping arsehole.

Gonna publish

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ephex posted:

Not far enough, ephex, let's explore it more

Let's not, it's pure and beautiful

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

a tasty multiple linear regression

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Von Linus posted:

:perfect:

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
Arsene Wenger, aware that his Arsenal side have never lost three Champions League group stage games in a single campaign, decides to take matters into his own hands. 

Cunningly disguising himself in a large (unzipped) puffer jacket, the Frenchman sneaks into the kitchen of Bayern's hotel, bringing with him a large batch of home-made lasagne. 

It's an old recipe from 2006, and it always gets results. 

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

ephex posted:

It's completely ignoring the vital third assist through ball. Science has work to do.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Von Linus posted:

New FM looking good imo.

You get used to it. I don't even see the stats. All I see is run, dribble, shot...

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

edit: wait this one's better

triple sulk fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Oct 21, 2015

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/soccer-state-of-analytics-left-handed-pitcher-problem-atletico-madrid-diego-simeone/?ex_cid=story-twitter

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
So many words about absolutely nothing. I love reading about 'analytics'.