Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Is there a mod of NMH1 and 2 that cuts out all the bad parts? I couldn't stand the BS between missions in 1, to the point that I stopped playing after boss 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Not a Children posted:

Is there a mod of NMH1 and 2 that cuts out all the bad parts? I couldn't stand the BS between missions in 1, to the point that I stopped playing after boss 3.

Use Ocarina and give yourself infinite money. NMH2 doesn't really need any grinding if you just wanna go straight through though.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You could also get a sweet-rear end Gold Classic Controller Pro with it :allears:.

Greed Gold Is Good.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Jarogue posted:

Greed Gold Is Good.

:eyepop:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Waltzing Along posted:

What are some good under the radar Wii games?

I feel compelled to mention Okami every time this topic comes up... but if you have a PS3 you're better off getting the HD version.

If you don't, then the Wii port of it is perfectly serviceable, and besides that it's a really good game that deserves to be played.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jarogue posted:

Greed Gold Is Good.

I just wish Nintendo would release a Gold Smash Bros GC controller :sigh:.

Damned if I'm paying the asking price for the Japan-only Starlight Gold GC controllers.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Silver Falcon posted:

I feel compelled to mention Okami every time this topic comes up... but if you have a PS3 you're better off getting the HD version.

If you don't, then the Wii port of it is perfectly serviceable, and besides that it's a really good game that deserves to be played.

Is Okami under the radar, though? It's one of the highest rated games on the system.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

But is it an iconic cap?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Not only can you wear an ugly hat, but you can show off what a huge nerd you are at the same time.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Supercar Gautier posted:

But is it an iconic cap?

Special Promo Item when you buy Twilight Princess HD at Nintendo World Store, a replica of Ganondorf's Iconic Headpiece.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
At least that's actually iconic.

It's more like...Now with special-edition pre-order, Link's Iconic Pants!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Morpheus posted:

At least that's actually iconic.

It's more like...Now with special-edition pre-order, Link's Iconic Pants!

Link's iconic bare-legged minidress

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Waltzing Along posted:

Is Okami under the radar, though? It's one of the highest rated games on the system.

It sold like a dog however. So much so that they closed Studio Clover.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I know we won't ever get another real chibi robo game again but I'm hoping with the release of a chibi robo amiibo that we'll get the first game on the virtual console

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I know we won't ever get another real chibi robo game again but I'm hoping with the release of a chibi robo amiibo that we'll get the first game on the virtual console

I'm also optimistic that with the release of an amiibo Chibi Robo will join the pantheon of Gamecube VC games such as

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

There's a Wii port of it they could throw up there.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I just wish Nintendo would release a Gold Smash Bros GC controller :sigh:.

Damned if I'm paying the asking price for the Japan-only Starlight Gold GC controllers.

The Link version HORI Battle Pad is about the closest thing to that it seems.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
People are so thirsty for a new direct they've taken any movements on Nintendo's part as big happenings, which almost always leads to false alarms.

I wonder why they made this one private. I mean I can probably guess why, if it had anything to do with this part.

Edit: Wait, I found a better version!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I want Reggie to hand out pizza hut coupons again.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I went a little nuts picking up old Wii games. Fortunately didn't spend much due to good ebay/CL/Gamestop deals.

Thanks for the recommendations. I got:

Punch Out
Epic Mickey
Trauma Center New Blood + Second Opinion
Zack and Wiki
Little King's Story
Endless Ocean
Ghostbusters
Red Steel
No More Heroes 1 + 2
Okani
Boy & His Blob
Muramasa
Rayman Origins

The Wii is criminally underrated, it seems.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

If you like the two Trauma Center games, be sure to pick up Trauma Team too! It's the last installment of the series thus far and expanded out to different types of surgery, such as orthopedics and endoscopy.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ChaosArgate posted:

If you like the two Trauma Center games, be sure to pick up Trauma Team too! It's the last installment of the series thus far and expanded out to different types of surgery, such as orthopedics and endoscopy.

It teaches you the fine art and ethics of shoving something up someone's butt.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The one game I couldn't locate in acceptable price/quality is Lost in Shadow. Found one with a case, no manual. And another six or seven generics. Disappointing.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Waltzing Along posted:

The one game I couldn't locate in acceptable price/quality is Lost in Shadow. Found one with a case, no manual. And another six or seven generics. Disappointing.

Just print the cover out from online sites. Coverproject has a big wii/wii-u cover thread on it's forums.

the printed covers are indistinguishable from the real thing.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The Taint Reaper posted:

Just print the cover out from online sites. Coverproject has a big wii/wii-u cover thread on it's forums.

the printed covers are indistinguishable from the real thing.

I can get the cover, it's the manual I was unable to locate.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I really hope you mean Red Steel 2

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waltzing Along posted:

Lost in Shadow's really not that great, don't feel bad about it.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Super Mario 3D World is really good. The Wii U is really good.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It is. Almost all the first party games are really good. I'm sure that'll continue with Woolly World tomorrow.:yoshi:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
If someone was going to play through Woolly World using just one specific amiibo outfit, which one should it be?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

If someone was going to play through Woolly World using just one specific amiibo outfit, which one should it be?

Dark Pit Yoshi

or Lucina Yoshi

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Chibi-Robo Yoshi, if that's in.

Can you unlock amiibo skins without having the amiibo like in Mario Maker?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Pac-Yoshi

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

use the non-yarn yoshi amiibo so you can play as Plastic Yoshi

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I hope the Animal Crossing amiibos receive functionality in a later patch so I can play as Isabelle Yoshi or Mr. Resetti Yoshi. That would own.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

Chibi-Robo Yoshi, if that's in.

Can you unlock amiibo skins without having the amiibo like in Mario Maker?

Nope, gotta wave them at your gamepad. The amiibo ones dont count towards the tracked yoshi skin tally though.

Also you shouldn't just use one skin, you should be unlocking the new one hidden throughout each level and then swapping to it.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Agreeing with this. Find a copy, pay no more than $1 for it, watch this trailer and then play for 10 minutes and let the cold harshness of reality envelop you.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Luigi or Robin Yoshi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I did really like the fun house level of Red Steel. It also got better for me when I realized that waggling the wiimote around made me automatically win every one of those loving sword fights.

• Locked thread