Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I have to be the first to respond with "get that the gently caress out of here"? Looks amazing!

Don't really need whatever melted cheese that is though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

PCOS Bill posted:

Enjoy your estrogen I guess

You got a problem with estrogen buddy?? I'll flip you like an omelette!

Speaking of which...

Omelettes are not attractive things.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Roro posted:

You got a problem with estrogen buddy?? I'll flip you like an omelette!

Speaking of which...

The first one must smell like hell. The second one however - why would you make an omelette using what you've pulled out from your vacuum cleaner?

The humble blood sausage!

with red cabbage

with sauerkraut

and on a pizza, with ghurkins

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I want this in me

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

canis minor posted:

The first one must smell like hell. The second one however - why would you make an omelette using what you've pulled out from your vacuum cleaner?

I think you should get your money back on those casings.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

canis minor posted:

No way....

NO loving WAY IN HELL, these are not condoms.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
I guess condoms do usually hold a type of blood sausage.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Iron Crowned posted:

I had heard the concept of it years ago before moving here as just topping your spaghetti with chili. Which is decent in practice where you have real chili (meat and/or beans). Cincinnati has a strange mutant tradition of chili, it's the bean style, but there are odd spices in it, including chocolate, and the whole thing just tastes off. Of course everyone who's lived their whole life around here loves this poo poo. Skyline, Goldstar, and a couple other brands will also sell cans of the stuff in major food retailers. You can also find Skyline branded shredded cheese, hot sauce, and strangest of all reheat ready spaghetti.

I put chocolate in my Chili

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.
Thread rules:

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Roro posted:

Pfft.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

That's just a rolled up unchopped scrambled egg with chives

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

owns, actually

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS

PCOS Bill posted:

so what

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

No way....

NO loving WAY IN HELL, these are not condoms.

Only one type of sausage casing I know of that comes with a reservoir tip. :shrug:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

That looks like an MRE omelette with chives, just slightly brighter yellow.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

chitoryu12 posted:

That looks like an MRE omelette with chives, just slightly brighter yellow.

PCOS Bill posted:

c'mon guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s10etP1p2bU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Thanks now I'm watching a poo poo load of Pépin videos.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

While we're on strange regional foods of Cincinnati, there's Cincinnati Chili:

I had heard the concept of it years ago before moving here as just topping your spaghetti with chili. Which is decent in practice where you have real chili (meat and/or beans). Cincinnati has a strange mutant tradition of chili, it's the bean style, but there are odd spices in it, including chocolate, and the whole thing just tastes off. Of course everyone who's lived their whole life around here loves this poo poo. Skyline, Goldstar, and a couple other brands will also sell cans of the stuff in major food retailers. You can also find Skyline branded shredded cheese, hot sauce, and strangest of all reheat ready spaghetti.

The local coneys don't look too terrible, but they also use the same goddamn chili, so they of course are also off:

I live in Columbus and love Skyline. Gold Star isn't as good. Pretty much every year of GWS Secret Santa, I send a can of Skyline, and usually some Tony Packo's Chili & pickles. Cinci chili is also known as greek chili, since the founder of Skyline is/was from Greece.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
thats just spaghetti

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

canis minor posted:

You can't tell me that's not a turd in a condom

I loving love blood sausage though, like the real stuff no condom-turds

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Jmcrofts posted:

Goetta loving owns scrub. If you didn't like it you probably had lovely Goetta. Try buying some from a butcher instead of prepackaged in a tube.

Yat Ka Mein in Oakley has goetta fried rice, which is just amazingly good.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I've been to Cinci twice and both times the locals refused to take us to Skyline, or any other chili, despite me directly asking. I believe they are ashamed but I want to know exactly why.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
With the KFC Rice box posted earlier, I've never had one that looked that bad. Generally the ones I get (Chesterfield, England) are well presented and actually look like the posters. If I have another I'll use my phone camera to make a trip report, if your interested in how they should look.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

bumblingbee posted:

Mixing it with shredded apples and a bit of lemon juice makes for a great sweet salad.
Add cheese and corn and it's even better.

VendaGoat posted:

It's not like you just shred up a carrot and plate it.
Why not? Sounds fine to me.

Roro posted:

Speaking of which...

Well, those ones aren't. They normally look a lot better.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So this is apparently a thing http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2012/11/daily-slice-the-frankford-taco-at-pizza-brain.html

I'm having a hard time believing this is actually good even if you're insanely drunk

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I don't like that one bit.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Iron Crowned posted:

Cacao powder is a legit ingredient for chili. A couple tablespoons of the high quality stuff will add a nice depth of flavor, especially if you're working with smoky spices like chipotle and paprika.

Anyway, does anybody else enjoy browsing #wifeintraining on Facebook as much as I do?

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Tiggum posted:

Sounds fine to me.

That should be your first clue that human beings would think it's weird.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

So I'm having some people over for football tomorrow and mentioned to a friend that I'm thinking about making chili and asked what else I should make with it instead of the usual corn bread, pasta, rice, hot dogs and her response was cinnamon rolls. I'm utterly confused at that suggestion and somewhat disgusted, but apparently it's a big thing where she's from in Nebraska. I don't know if I could bring myself to try it. It's just two things I can't put together in my head and thinking they would taste good, like toothpaste and OJ.

But in the end I agreed to make cinnamon rolls tomorrow. Wish me luck AFP goons.

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Aesop Poprock posted:

So this is apparently a thing http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2012/11/daily-slice-the-frankford-taco-at-pizza-brain.html

I'm having a hard time believing this is actually good even if you're insanely drunk

I know people like to go on about "no pizza rules" but seriously, screw this.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Aesop Poprock posted:

No loving way. Someone literally took an idea from a Scooby Doo cartoon and made it reality. I don't know what the gently caress anymore :psyduck:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Plinkey posted:

So I'm having some people over for football tomorrow and mentioned to a friend that I'm thinking about making chili and asked what else I should make with it instead of the usual corn bread, pasta, rice, hot dogs and her response was cinnamon rolls. I'm utterly confused at that suggestion and somewhat disgusted, but apparently it's a big thing where she's from in Nebraska. I don't know if I could bring myself to try it. It's just two things I can't put together in my head and thinking they would taste good, like toothpaste and OJ.

But in the end I agreed to make cinnamon rolls tomorrow. Wish me luck AFP goons.

I know American food is often criticized for being too sweet, but...

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
OK, I'm going to show the Rice Box that came from my local KFC (Chesterfield, England). The one before was unbelievably bad so I thought I'd show one that looks closer to the picture for fairness sake. The photos are a little washed out because camera phone:

It actually tasted pretty good. It was a Zinger version, so the rice actually was fairly hot, and the lettuce was... alright. Not as soggy as McDonalds, more body to it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Basically just looks like a fried chicken salad which is pretty hard to gently caress up unless you add a combo of apathy and outright aggression like the previous picture

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Aesop Poprock posted:

a combo of apathy and outright aggression

That's a thread title, right there.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

Basically just looks like a fried chicken salad which is pretty hard to gently caress up unless you add a combo of apathy and outright aggression like the previous picture

Well yeah but the earlier picture really hosed up. Just thought I'd defend a meal that isn't as bad as the initial picture made it look. Better than most fast food stuff.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BioEnchanted posted:

OK, I'm going to show the Rice Box that came from my local KFC (Chesterfield, England). The one before was unbelievably bad so I thought I'd show one that looks closer to the picture for fairness sake. The photos are a little washed out because camera phone:

It actually tasted pretty good. It was a Zinger version, so the rice actually was fairly hot, and the lettuce was... alright. Not as soggy as McDonalds, more body to it.

It looks like you're eating boogers and cum.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Well then, I guess it's perfectly relevant then.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why do you people eat so much fast food?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I actually eat fast food fairly rarely, I've just been working 7 days in a row this week so I was tired and didn't feel like cooking. Super early mornings too, so very sleepy.

• Locked thread