Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Ruggington posted:

how does koudelka compare to shadow hearts

It's fun but not really like SH and the gameplay is sorta repetitive because it's easily broken.

Kinda like Parasite Eve in that they're throwing Resident Evil stuff into RPG stuff but leaning more heavily on RE. It's also, like, 10 hours long so it's not a huge commitment either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I might have to look at it after I can commit myself to finishing shadow hearts 2

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Every time I want to play SH2 again, my TV reminds me that it has some dreadful input lag.

I know I can just make the judgement ring easier, but it still breaks my heart.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Man, I can imagine them getting thousands of angry emails from poker players about Pat and Woolie calling people who wear shades and hats to the table cowards.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Am I the only one noticing the game audio being out of sync on this year's shitstorm videos? Something like a full second ahead of the actual video. It's a lot more noticeable in certain videos and seemingly absent in others, but it really fucks with me once I become aware of it.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Odobenidae posted:

Am I the only one noticing the game audio being out of sync on this year's shitstorm videos? Something like a full second ahead of the actual video. It's a lot more noticeable in certain videos and seemingly absent in others, but it really fucks with me once I become aware of it.

I noticed it on the (Vessel) Beginner's Guide video it seemed that the sound was ahead of the video, with Liam and Woolie often reacting to things before they appeared on screen.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
The podcast curse continues to exist.

Friday the 13th the game kickstarter.

Summer camp horror game devs from last year are making the friday the 13th game now instead.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 14, 2015

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Listening to the podcast and my favorite thing is still Words From Our Sponsors. CopCrate is amazing.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm surprised at how Liam keeps bruteforcing puzzles designed for people that are really bad at games.
Then again the absurdly lovely AIs sure help.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

A good poster posted:

Man, I can imagine them getting thousands of angry emails from poker players about Pat and Woolie calling people who wear shades and hats to the table cowards.

Woolie, who angrily defended the necessity of picking w/e bland Training Stage is available for every fighting game, on the grounds that "You do what you gotta do" to get any advantage.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Man that Beginner's Guide video was great

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
What do you guys think are the hypest/best/definitive Fisticuffs and Saturday Morning Scrublords episodes besides Dong Dong?

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Solaris Knight posted:

What do you guys think are the hypest/best/definitive Fisticuffs and Saturday Morning Scrublords episodes besides Dong Dong?

Wu-Tang Shaolin Style

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Solaris Knight posted:

Well, Nidhogg was pretty fun. Then there was Battle Construction Vehicles or whatever that was called. Sure there are others, but those are from the top of my head.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Enter the Matrix

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pretty Girls was great when they found out throws are blockable in that game

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Evil Zone.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Lethal League has extremely high levels of hype.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Baal posted:

Enter the Matrix
Absolutely

It gets a liiiiiittle stale for a bit in it but then you get to the last two matches, including probably the most insane, unguessable secret characters ever

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Gang-beasts is a pro-choice.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Garou, 3rd Strike and Gang Beasts.

Best Scrublords besides Dong Dong is probably Battle Constructions Vehicles or KOF: Maximum Impact 2 just for how hype they get over the different costumes compared to how unhype the actual game is.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Gang Beasts for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhFGjK_ZUEk

9:10 is probably one of my favorite moments in any Best Friends video.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Solaris Knight posted:

One Must Fall 2097

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

A good poster posted:

Poker players absolutely do not care. People being dumb equals money, so let them keep being wrong. If anything, the argument against wearing sunglasses at a table game is it might make other people take the game more seriously.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Kudos to Pat and Liam for figuring out the language thing fairly quickly. I kind of hit on it my first time through but ended up disregarding it because it just seemed so drat absurd.

Only in Metal Gear baby!

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I actually hosed up in the way the thread thought they would: I didn't listen to the tape, so I went through my 900+ roster of dudes three times.

Yeah.

Took me 2 hours.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Greatest, soldier in, the world

Big the Boss

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Kudos to Pat and Liam for figuring out the language thing fairly quickly. I kind of hit on it my first time through but ended up disregarding it because it just seemed so drat absurd.

Only in Metal Gear baby!

I actually figured it out after realizing, "Wait, why would I care about this aspect of my guards? Unless...". so I narrowed it down until I confirmed my suspicions, but then googled it anyway. Because spending half an hour re-arranging my troops for nothing is BALLS.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I tried to do that legit and ended up quarantining everyone who spoke Russian because all the 7 or whatever infected guys spoke Russian

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

theCalamity posted:

Man that Beginner's Guide video was great

Has it got some good commentary on it? The game has points worth discussing but any playthrough I've tried to watch just gives me a headache from the constant narration. If Liam and Woolie have anything to add to it I'll give it another shot.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I spent a couple minutes looking at my guys and decided that I could probably just blitz the story to fix it

lost like 200 guys but i feel like i was the winner there

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Senran Kagura is coming to PC, so now they can record that poo poo in 4k resolution

....Goddamnit

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Tae posted:

Senran Kagura is coming to PC, so now they can record that poo poo in 4k resolution

....Goddamnit

I hope pat's rig can run it at a solid 5

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Congrats pc gamers

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Since Matt's the only one that loved Mad Max, Bundlestars is selling it for 21 bucks if you want to pick up a recent triple-A game real cheap. https://www.bundlestars.com/en/

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The Beginner's Guide is interesting and engrossing but man I have no idea what I just watched by the end of it :psyduck:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The Beginner's Guide is interesting and engrossing but man I have no idea what I just watched by the end of it :psyduck:

A game that poo poo's its narrative and thematic pants super hard right at the finish line. Because it's supposed to be the narrator telling a story about someone real (Who is obviously not but whatevs) and their experience with them and their (Hilariously wrong) interpretations of the games they make and going through just their games. But then you play a game not made by them where suddenly the narrator seems to be talking live and not as a pre-written script and also reveals that the games were all edited well ahead of time by the narrator so anything you could gleam from them is already hosed.

TGB is interesting but not very good.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

On the topic of The Beginner's Guide, does anyone feel like there's a parallel between the door puzzle that constantly shows up in it and the methods to initiate the escape pod ending in Stanley Parable? The connections are kind of loose, but the way you close the door on yourself in The Beginner's Guide really reminded me of how you had to manipulate a door to close on you in Stanley Parable. In that ending, you basically close the door on the narrator's involvement, and it's the only one where the ending isn't physically finished.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So I listened to a Toby Fox interview and I didn't realize he just turned 24. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

So I listened to a Toby Fox interview and I didn't realize he just turned 24. gently caress.

If Undertale didn't make me feel happy, knowing a dude about my age made that while I'm unemployed and depressed would just make me feel worse, honestly. :p