Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
I guess she's talking about AIDS with all her friends dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Guys, did you know cigarettes have chemicals??

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

wilderthanmild posted:

Not AHS, but is scream queens worth watching at all?

Its a lot of fun, as long as you know its a Ryan Murphy production.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ThatPazuzu posted:

Guys, did you know cigarettes have chemicals??

At least it's not Truth.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Oh, they are doing Murder Castle, kind of.

vv: That's what I'm referring to. It's been called the castle.

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 15, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Again, this story is based loosely on H. H. Holmes, the man who is commonly cited as America's first serial killer, who actually did build a murder hotel with death traps, which is a really interesting bite of history.

katium
Jun 26, 2006

Purrs like a kitten.
poo poo, that throat slitting was pretty graphic. :stare: I wonder if that's why they had to have it in black and white.

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

Those who ride against us will be murdered where they stand
That backstory was the best, and most interesting, part of this season so far. Very very well done.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

OH MY GOD THIS IS STILL GOING ON

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

Those who ride against us will be murdered where they stand

Waffleman_ posted:

OH MY GOD THIS IS STILL GOING ON

It never ends.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

loving LITERALLY NO HOMO

FROM A loving VAMPIRE

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I like this season more than I've liked AHS in the last 2 years

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Seriously, is every episode just going to be a random number of minutes long, or what?

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Parasol Prophet posted:

Seriously, is every episode just going to be a random number of minutes long, or what?

I feel like I'm watching Sons of Anarchy

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Haha I know someone who works for goldderby

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I feel like I checked out sometime during the flashback....

... but I could never leeeeave

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Overall I still really enjoyed this episode, even if I don't know why it was an hour and 45 minutes long.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Liked this episode a lot more than the first.

I was really hoping for no more drilldo though. Seems that will not be the case.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Wow, so is every ep this season going to be an hour or longer? (of actual episode time, ep 1 was 1:02 and ep 2 is 1:10)

e: Also, the plot with the cute swedes is extremely upsetting, to me.

e2: ok i just started the ep so...glad that's over

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
This season has a weird dichotomy so far. We start with a bunch of random spooky images that aren't crucial to the plot and don't seem to really have a point - the cop waking up twice (and once to a muddy couple in his shower,) the maggot sandwich, Sally's teeth, etc. But then it goes and pretty much explains everything neatly, what with the Countess revealing exactly what she is, and Iris telling the entire backstory of March.

Can't tell if I really like it yet or not. It certainly holds your interest, which Murphy's always been good at, but the burns of the past aren't easily forgotten. All these out of nowhere references too, House of Cards, Faces of Meth. Could do without them, they end up being a little too jarring and for the sake of it.

By the way, it should be pretty obvious that March's wife is the Countess herself, right?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm disappointed this episode didn't end in Hotel California too

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

So I came into this series prepared to hatewatch but I won't lie, this episode got me interested in it and I want to see where it goes.

I love how Evan Peters is so happy and blase about being an undead mishmash of H.H. Holmes, Howard Hughes, Andrew Ryan and Patrick Bateman rolled into one (I was grinning like a loving idiot at the scene in his office between him and the maid). I love how stupid the confrontation between the daughter and parents is and how the detective doesn't even check his phone. I love how Sally is like "HEY TELL ME ABOUT YOUR SADDEST REASON YOU DRANK" and is just up-front and blunt. I love how they included a Siouxie and the Banshees song I haven't heard since I was in highschool. I love how Dandy the Vampire is just running around being an impulsive klepto motherfucker and how Gaga's going to start her own downfall because his impulsive murderboner is just gonna rend holes in everyone and everything. I love how despite the intricate vampire/ghost ecosystem they could get crazy plot mileage out of, they feel compelled to add serial killers, spike-rapists and pot-shots at anti-vaxxers. I love how the vampire son is dressed like someone decided to dress a kid as The Tall Man from Phantasm, complete with hair. I love how the kids have to feed on people, then Gaga has to drink the blood from the kids because they're little Tetris-playing dialysis machines. I even love how the confrontation between Dandy and Donovan reads like a 1980s supernatural drama where the bad boy comes in between a solid relationship and you're watching the whole time to see if both guys end up loving. This is, above and beyond, way more entertaining for a start than Coven and Freak Show were, which were still interesting and compelling and odd but I definitely felt like I was hatewatching Freak Show and knew that Coven wasn't as good as all the hype seemed to be.

I agree with Omega. It's actually interesting and oh god, there's ham and it's enjoyable ham. I know it'll topple or stumble, but we'll see how bad it gets.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I loved this episode. *prays he won't gently caress it up*

Also Evan peters in that leather mask in black and white was extremely unsettling to me for some reason.

That whole BW bit with him was the show at its best.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

After 2 long episodes, I'm really not feeling it so I think I'm gonna check out of this season early. I doubt it'll pick up so much that I'll start enjoying it within the next few episodes. I made the mistake last season and the season before of sticking with the show long after I stopped enjoying it, so this season I'll try to learn from my past mistake.

Neumonic
Sep 25, 2003

This is my serious face.
You people are too picky, this is television at its most memorable.

I can just imagine some exec says "Wow me" and Murphy gets up and goes "SKINSUIT DRILLDO RAPIST" over and over

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I wish they'd give a reason, or even the impression that there's a reason yet to be revealed, for the despondent addict ghosts and the vengeful rapist ghosts and the immortal sex vampires and the serial killer from se7en to all be living in the same building. Both of these episodes feel like watching a mashup of three different horror movies, and not in the good way that Asylum did.

Agreeing that Evan Peters as Ivo Shandor was the best thing so far.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Oct 15, 2015

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Evan Peters is amazing, and I can't help feeling like AHS is one long experiment into how repugnant you can make him while still allowing his natural charisma and charm to make you fall in love with him.

Although he sounds like he's channeling Bane at times.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

haveblue posted:

Agreeing that Evan Peters as Ivo Shandor was the best thing so far.

I hope it's revealed that Evan Peters actually built some kind of altar on the roof that serves as a means of trapping and holding spirits in the hotel. And that Sarah Paulson and Drilldo Ghost are the Gatekeeper and Keymaster.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Evan Peters is amazing, and I can't help feeling like AHS is one long experiment into how repugnant you can make him while still allowing his natural charisma and charm to make you fall in love with him.

Although he sounds like he's channeling Bane at times.

I can't shake the idea that he looks and sounds just like Dave Foley from some Kids in the Hall sketch.

Not that that's a bad thing. :v:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Finally caught the episode. Scariest poo poo in the whole episode was that teeth scene. gently caress you Ryan Murphy. My dreams are going to be hellish from now until forever with that image in mind. Holden's a little poo poo. I hope his parents find him and have to stake him or something. And I completely agree that Tristan Duffy is going to spell the end of the Countess' long-lived vampire existence. Or maybe Donovan offs him.

I also agree that Murphy thinks sex is scary or something. He might be trying to pull a "The Shining" naked woman moment, but he crams about 4 bits in there that aren't smart choices in the scheme of the episode. It's just a show of excess and I saw enough of that in Nip/Tuck.

Claudia Bankson and Liz Taylor were fabulous. "Just teaching the folks from Vogue how to vogue. I couldn't resist. The irony. Skinny jeans are out. Fringe is in. Ponchos are forever. Make a note of it."

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Oct 15, 2015

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
As good as Evan Peters was I was a little disappointed they just had Kathy Bates narrate an extended black-and-white exposition dump to give us all the backstory. I realize it's an anthology series and you have to re-establish the setting every season but that was lame, wish they'd preserved some element of mystery and revealed his character more gradually.

Like it always has been, the show is more about spectacle than substance and that's alright, Gaga has been fabulous and Sarah Paulson is playing a better Lange than Lange did.

Hoping for a good plot hook to get me more interested.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
I like the show. Until they kill a hot guy, then I feel uncomfortable.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

wilderthanmild posted:

Not AHS, but is scream queens worth watching at all?

I really enjoy it, but it's more of a comedy with some horror elements than a straight up horror show.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's cool that Evan Peters is a JRPG protagonist this season, what with the killing god and all.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Scream Queens is pretty good. At least once per episode I find myself saying "This show is so god drat dumb" but with a huge smile on my face.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I am willing to forgive every poo poo season of this show because for once Evan Peters wasn't the angsty kid with all the ladies fighting over him. He's having so much fun! Looking forward to more of his murder antics. I couldn't help but love the maid, too. They both had so much upbeat charm.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

coronatae posted:

I am willing to forgive every poo poo season of this show because for once Evan Peters wasn't the angsty kid with all the ladies fighting over him. He's having so much fun! Looking forward to more of his murder antics. I couldn't help but love the maid, too. They both had so much upbeat charm.

That was my first reaction to his reveal. He also LOOKS different. He finally feels like a fresh character, I'm loving it so far.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Just watched ep2. What the gently caress is this poo poo?!

[Ed for content] it's just like... Music video arthouse disjointed shambles of ridiculousness.

I've seen every season but this may be me just not caring to bother anymore.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Oct 16, 2015

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

It's cool that Evan Peters is a JRPG protagonist this season, what with the killing god and all.

He's Andrew Ryan from Bioshock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Ryan Murphy's type is kinda my type too so I'm having a blast :haw:
Some of the haircuts make me cringe though. Has fashion really gotten this bad?

Evans and the maid were delightful, I hope we get lots more of their shenanigans :allears:

• Locked thread