Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

DmitriX posted:

For human - ditch him, he has no combat expertise and his trait is actively detrimental to him becoming a comms officer(if he even gets a chance to become one).
I doubt a guy who isn't in on all the conspiracies will be useful for whenever we encounter the humans anyway.
Salvage his craft and weaponry(if any) tho.
For second option - can't we crack open that expansion again? I think the catte ship was fabled for having a hall full of boxes made of gold, encrusted with finest jewels. Of course they keep sand in them for some reason but hey, it's luxury items anyway!

Naw, humans fight at their highest skill rating. His is communication, at eight. He can use that to fight. He's tough.

I don't even pay attention to the rules part (numbers are for nerds and the guy running the thread will handle the number crunching) but even I remember that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Naw, humans fight at their highest skill rating. His is communication, at eight. He can use that to fight. He's tough.

Plus one of the "good" endings requires crew from each of the four starting civilizations, so there's that

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Tell the human we destroyed the Cattes and that our ship has plentiful alcohol supplies as well as a killer AI that can probably come up with some human-friendly designer drugs. Once we have safely acquired our new crewman we should leave the sector.

This. Gotta catch 'em all!

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I don't even pay attention to the rules part (numbers are for nerds and the guy running the thread will handle the number crunching) but even I remember that.

So it's 50% to be 6, for an average of 7? we can do better.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

DmitriX posted:

So it's 50% to be 6, for an average of 7? we can do better.

technically we can't! That guy at his drunkest is as good as the best croc, assuming he's allowed at the controls.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I was concerned about recruiting more aliens but his knowledge of alcohol proves him to be civilised!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I was concerned about recruiting more aliens but his knowledge of alcohol proves him to be civilised!

Get him to the lido deck post haste! Find him a nice young snapping turtle to boink!

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Gilganixon posted:

technically we can't! That guy at his drunkest is as good as the best croc, assuming he's allowed at the controls.

I think we already have 2 better combatants, 3 if you count captain. And he doesn't get the benefit of bulk for what it's worth.
Still not thrilled to get him.
But eh, the thread wants him in so my dissenting opinion isn't all the useful anyway.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
His name is rowdy so why wouldn't we want him?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

TubeStank posted:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

TubeStank posted:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

TubeStank posted:

Rowdy Hugh Mann?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Let's finish off the Cattes

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

the_steve posted:

Let's finish off the Cattes

Is it possible to take a final parting shot at the bridge on our way out of the system after we pick up Rowdy? That would be perfect.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Could we straight up run them over on the way out?

Shoot down their escape. Throw a galactic corpse at them. Blow up their ship and run over the survivors. I'm a caiman!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Outrail posted:

Could we straight up run them over on the way out?

Shoot down their escape. Throw a galactic corpse at them. Blow up their ship and run over the survivors. I'm a caiman!

It wouldn't be very Caimanly not to kick an enemy when he's down.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Gilganixon posted:

It wouldn't be very Caimanly not to kick an enemy when he's down.
Would this be a good time for me to ask about your avatar?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

CopperHound posted:

Would this be a good time for me to ask about your avatar?

djwetmouse made it during my last CYOA, Sword of the Bastard Elf. It's the bastard elf kicking another elf.

E: kicking things while they're down is a general theme in the Two-Fisted Fantasy series

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 15, 2015

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Then my vote is to recruit our human friend and then smash that bridge with the mighty boot of the SuperGalactic. If we can get all of Caimen society to moon our cloaca's at them as we head out all the better.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Recruit the primate and leave.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Update

Most people want to recruit our human buddy, Rowdy Ryan Sawyer Hugh Mann.
Yesterday's repaired page:

We take him back to the ship. Turning to 126:

We'll keep the human and his shuttle. I've caved in to the thread's demands to rename this guy, but since I'd rather draw on the Constitution than these cards I've put it in a slip case:

And here's the shuttle:

We're not going to keep raiding the Catte ship so we may as well ruin it for everyone else (558):

And since we;re out of time, let's leave the system (509):

Here's the map again:

We have at least three choices - go to Cursa to cut through the Void at Sterope - a fast but dangerous path. We could go straight down the middle - Aldebaran and Chertan. Or we can take the route with a space-faring civilisation on it - longer but potentially more rewarding (plus lots of extra aliens) - by going to Media and then on to Mintaka or Kitalpha. You might also remember another option that can be taken in this system or something like that. What is the plan?

Also if there's someone you want in that shuttle let me know. Valets can go in there as well and we have a few of those guys sitting around being useless. I think we're down to 5 unassigned crocs and 3 valets.

Here's the Starship manifest:

E: I said I was going to talk about repairs but that can wait until we're in a position to actually make the repairs, and also when I haven't just dumped a third of the book on you in one update.

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 16, 2015

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Do we draw a new crew card for the shuttle pilot or do we have to pick from existing characters? If the latter: whoever has the highest crapulence. If the former: Arthur "Two Sheds" Jackson.

Also I vote we jump to Media.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Yeah, before all this stuff with Cattes happened I had wanted to go to Media too. I vote we go to Media. Sounds like there are goings-on there anyway.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Applewhite posted:

Do we draw a new crew card for the shuttle pilot or do we have to pick from existing characters? If the latter: whoever has the highest crapulence. If the former: Arthur "Two Sheds" Jackson.

It can be anyone in the deck that isn't already dead. It's not a great idea to assign a bridge member to the job but we can if we want to.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

HJE-Cobra posted:

Yeah, before all this stuff with Cattes happened I had wanted to go to Media too. I vote we go to Media. Sounds like there are goings-on there anyway.

Same.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Welcome Hugh Mann to the team, and head to Media to demonstrate traditional Caiman values.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Applewhite posted:

yeah this

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Another vote for Media. I am also leaning toward stashing a Valet in the shuttlecraft.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Media vote for me too.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Media and valet .

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Media and valet .

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Solice Kirsk posted:

Media and valet .

This please.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Shouldn't we put someone lovely in the shuttle since they might get blown up? We don't have that many valets left.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

your avatar looks like a newgrounds tankman

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

the_steve posted:

Welcome Hugh Mann to the team, and head to Media to demonstrate traditional Caiman values.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Stuff the Hugh Mann into the shuttle giving him a 9 expertise in communications. He can talk to lesser being for us.

To the Media center.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
I vote that we head for Media. I also suggest we not use the shuttle unless we absolutely have to. It's a 50/50 chance of losing a crewmember. I wouldn't put Hugh Mann in it either, because when we're done with the galaxy, there's only gonna be one human left in it.

I'd rather risk a Valet for difficult comms checks from the bridge, because we've at least got a few of those.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Outrail posted:

Stuff the Hugh Mann into the shuttle giving him a 9 expertise in communications. He can talk to lesser being for us.

To the Media center.

Put a valet on it.

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 16, 2015

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Outrail posted:

To the Media center.

He'll only add +1 to the dufus reptile in charge of comms though. Still, it is was his shuttle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Gilganixon posted:

He'll only add +1 to the dufus reptile in charge of comms though. Still, it is was his shuttle.

Changed my vote.

• Locked thread