Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

bbcisdabomb posted:

Holy poo poo you guys are the most :goonsay: thing I've read in this entire goddamn subform. :allears:

I thought the pearl clutching was ironic?

Degas Ballerina cosplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Klaus88 posted:

We would prefer you not express that sentiment in the creepiest manner imaginable though. :dogbutton:
thanks for the opinion, forums user "Klaus88"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

TenementFunster posted:

thanks for the opinion, forums user "Klaus88"

Shots fired.

Wasn't that hard to understand his sentiment you wierdos.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Hahaha I'm amused because on this page arguing about innocence and/or sexism we have the Degas cosplayer, and ballerinas/dancers at the time were very frequently prostitutes. Degas definitely did some of these paintings as a commentary on that but that tends to get lost nowadays.

So we've all seen Extreme Costumes' giant Hulkbuster that won NYCC but here is the 2nd place winner, my friend Peppermonster as Angela, Asgaard's assassin. I kinda just realized I actually competed against both of these guys at C2E2's crown championships over the last 2 years. She sewed/glued all the detail on those ribbons by hand, btw! Awesome work.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
It's amazing to see the effort you guys put into these costumes just for your own enjoyment, it adds something. I'm sure there's very few people making any money out of it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

starkebn posted:

It's amazing to see the effort you guys put into these costumes just for your own enjoyment, it adds something. I'm sure there's very few people making any money out of it.

Whatever, this year I'm totally netting positive money on cosplay (if you disregard all the time it takes and the money I spend on going to conventions), I'm a cosplay baller now and it's all about the :10bux: :whatup:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

McPantserton posted:

Hahaha I'm amused because on this page arguing about innocence and/or sexism we have the Degas cosplayer, and ballerinas/dancers at the time were very frequently prostitutes. Degas definitely did some of these paintings as a commentary on that but that tends to get lost nowadays.

So we've all seen Extreme Costumes' giant Hulkbuster that won NYCC but here is the 2nd place winner, my friend Peppermonster as Angela, Asgaard's assassin. I kinda just realized I actually competed against both of these guys at C2E2's crown championships over the last 2 years. She sewed/glued all the detail on those ribbons by hand, btw! Awesome work.

Your friend does very cool work.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

joat mon posted:

If it is, it's still funny to me. I probably just need a forums break.

Also, that's not pearl clutching, this is Pearl clutching:

Wait maybe that's Pearl, clutched. Whatever.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Trast posted:

Your friend does very cool work.

I agree! Her worbla work is some of the smoothest I have ever seen.

Love this Thor breastplate she's been upgrading too, I believe it's mostly leather? Badass.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Doesn't have the tassle on the head 2/10

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Tiberius Thyben posted:

This is the creepiest post I have read in this thread.

Klaus88 posted:

We would prefer you not express that sentiment in the creepiest manner imaginable though. :dogbutton:

Waci posted:

Not sure if pedophile or just really misogynistic. Maybe both?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtlzWEuMEBQ

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I'd love to see the close up detail. Any pics of that? loving awesome at this distance. The contrast and weathering shine through.

This may be missing a few things but One. It's the proper proportions for a human, it appears to be made out of actual metal and the, uh, under armor? the padded armor under the metal, appears to be legit as well.

nice......Fooking Nice!

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

McPantserton posted:

I was going for a closer, but more obnoxious reference.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Doesn't have the tassle on the head 2/10

Also doesn't have the soul of a 14 year old boy. This cosplay is just loving awful.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

TontoCorazon posted:

Also doesn't have the soul of a 14 year old boy. This cosplay is just loving awful.

now hold on there buddy. We didn't get to inspect the blood seal.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

VendaGoat posted:

now hold on there buddy. We didn't get to inspect the blood seal.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Some of the Sheep posted:

Come the gently caress on

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Come the gently caress on

:itisahymenjoke:

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Women playing characters look soOOo much better than fresh-eyed children. The sexiness is refreshing.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

bbcisdabomb posted:

If it is, it's still funny to me. I probably just need a forums break.

Also, that's not pearl clutching, this is Pearl clutching:

Wait maybe that's Pearl, clutched. Whatever.

Pearl looks like she has some modicum of self confidence 6/10.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

beato posted:

Women playing characters look soOOo much better than fresh-eyed children. The sexiness is refreshing.

Finally. Someone gets it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

144 pages of pretending not to be horny over hot cosplay babes. WTF?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

starkebn posted:

Kids playing characters look soOOo much better than sexied up women. The innocence is refreshing.

Women being sexy is bad. Got it.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Dongicus posted:

I think we can all get behind that Ed Safety Scissor Hands being adorable, though.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Picnic Princess posted:

Nothing wrong with sexy people, but when it comes to cosplay pics, if it's a choice between shots of people who have made awesome costumes and shots of a chick who is wearing a costume to accentuate their awesome rack or other sexually attractive body part, I'd rather just see the former in this thread.

People can show themselves off and I will mostly appreciate it, but I prefer to see the ratio of attention going to those who've done the best job rather than just those I'd like to date

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
When brought up in this thread, that topic goes nowhere but down, and in burning flames.

Anyway, here's some cosplay of the leading man (Balthier, Final Fantasy XII)

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

joat mon posted:

Degas Ballerina cosplay

What is going on with this picture. Is she kneeling? Is it just the perspective? Also, what is a Degas Ballerina?

Ah, I see it now, it's just cut off at the knees, needs a bigger picture.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

This thread needs a cooties shot

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Gas thread, ban OP.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

veedubfreak posted:

Also, what is a Degas Ballerina?
The reference here is to a line from "Art Lover" by The Kinks, which is a creepy song about a guy perving on schoolgirls from afar.

The impressionist artist Edgar Degas painted a lot of dancers

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

veedubfreak posted:

Also, what is a Degas Ballerina?

Believe it or not there is art that exists in the world aside form anime and cartoons for children.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

bbcisdabomb posted:

Holy poo poo you guys are the most :goonsay: thing I've read in this entire goddamn subform. :allears:

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Dongicus posted:

Great post-avatar combo, eh?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Shut up and post cosplay you spergmongs

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Hey guys! Found some neato cosplay, what're y'all talkin' abou-:yikes:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Made the Kessel Run in 12 Awwwwwwsecs. :3:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

That dog is so stoked :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Shut up and post cosplay you spergmongs

I think these might have been posted before but I don't care because it's still amazing how much these people look like the characters they're playing. Well in the Predator group I'm mainly talking about Jesse Ventura and Schwarzenegger.

• Locked thread